Love for Stone Gossard Thread

Comments

• Thanks Meddle! You won't be seeing me at the Gorge, unfortunately. I'm a broke-ass too. Tee hee.

here's that article I mentioned
    http://www.activeliving.org/index.php/Stone+Gossard+-+Full+Interview/31

I'll bet you've all seen this before but if not...enjoy
    "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" - The Young Ones
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175

Is that article fairly recent? (i didn't see a date)
    I remember a similar one being posted about a year ago or so, and it had a pic of Stone on his piece of crap 80s mountain bike. :p Hopefully he's upgraded (he can afford it!)
    ;)
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Oh my goodness! My bad!

*~HAPPY BIRTHDAY ScreamingLemur~*
    ((:D))

I hope you're having a great one too my friend! And seriously, 2 Stoney admirers born on the same day?! That is just beeeeautiful. :)

Oh and yes...I looooove that article. I remember that! MusicForRhinos, I think it was around the time of the Mexico shows in '03 (psssst any progress on that fruitbasket picture?:p).....

Anyways, thanks for posting ScreamingLemur.

"So that’s another motivating factor, our vanity."

HA!! :p

This man cracks me up to no end! I swear I get an ab work out just from his comedian ways! :p I just listened to Don't Gimme No Lip like 20 times in row and it never fails to make me laugh EVERY frickin time....especially the "WOOOOOO"! :D

God this man RULES...on so many infinite levels.
    :D
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • SmilinSkullRingSmilinSkullRing Posts: 1,230
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    *runs into thread*

((((::*~HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLY::~*))))

My fellow bitch/pony!!! I'm wishing you the Happy, Happiest birthday!! :D I'm so happy that we've met and I really love your presence around these parts. :) What can I say? You have excellent taste. ;)

I hope you have the bestest bday ever filled with sooooo much PJ/STONEY love! And just think, the greatest bday present EVER awaits you next month girlie.:eek: It's is SOOOO ON!!!!!!!

:eek: HAAAA!!! OMG you have to post this MusicForRhinos!! Pretty pleeeease?? :D I'm already...IN LOVE. Can't wait to see this. ahaha.

Nadi..you just forced me to put on PIGEON. :cool:
    Not like it takes any convincing but still....
    ;)

*does the PIGEON with Nadi*

Jesus...you can't get much more catchier than this! Woooo! GO STONEY GO! Cuze he's outta here...he's oouuuuu.......
    I've never been so happy about someone sleeping around. :D
    *coughcough*Musical SLUT*coughcough*

Oooh wow, thanks so much for posting this
    http://www.malfunkshun.com/main/movie_events.html

:)

I hear ya, I'm still aching to see this as well. *sigh* Someday.....

Aww! But what cute ass pictures! Awwwww!!!!!!!!! *warm fuzzies* Thanks again! :D
    :D:o Thanks!!!! Seattle is going to be a great present...to myself! lol I can't wait.

Aww, I'm glad we met too! We have such excellent taste. ;)

Hahaha. I've never been so happy about someone sleeping around either. :D:D

Oh man, so much good stuff today. "Pigeon" I love, I want to see the cute little pink castle picture (:p), malfunkshun has some very nice pics, and...and...I love Stoney!!
    "Longitudes, latitudes, it's so absurd
    I just need someone to be there for
    I just want someone to be there for
    Someone to be there for me"
    --

"Well, you say it’s bad luck
    To have fallen for me
    Well what can I do to make it good for you
    I’ll call you beautiful if I call at all"
    ScreamingLemur, happy birthday to you as well!! It's great that two Stone fans are sharing the same awesome day. :):)

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. :cool:

I love that active living article. Very good and some great points. I wish it was accessible enough here to ride bikes or walk everywhere. :(
    --

To have fallen for me
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Okay, I scanned in the fruitcake pic :p
    It's not great quality cos its like a 4th generation photo, but ya get the jist. :)
    Theres also some old photo clippings from my absolute FAVORITE PJ magazine spread in the (now defunct) CREEM magazine circa '92 if no one has seen (or cares to revisit).
    http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/MFRPJ/
    Cheers!
    MusicforRhinos, thanks a lot for those pics. I love the one up close of Stone's face while he's on the beach. I haven't seen that one before. And the one where you can see them all on the beach with Stone to the right...wow. :o
    --

To have fallen for me
    Hey guys, have you seen the Rolling Stone that features PJ? They have a band pic at the beginning of the article, and it's a great pic, but most importantly is Stone...wow. :o That's all I've got to say...wow. :D

Very nice article too.
    --

To have fallen for me
  • Was that pic in Rollingstone taken after a show? They all look kinda tired, but in good spirits. Stone's hair has a cowlick, how funny.
    "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" - The Young Ones
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    (((((( to Stone and his cowlick...~ ))))))

"Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

Good question. I don't know when the pic was taken, but it's a good one.
    --

To have fallen for me
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    Hey guys, have you seen the Rolling Stone that features PJ? They have a band pic at the beginning of the article, and it's a great pic, but most importantly is Stone...wow. :o That's all I've got to say...wow. :D

Very nice article too.

YEA i saw that when I was on my lunch break on Wed. I saw it and I was like :eek: WHOA!! DAMN Stone you look GOOD!! And I LOVE the way his hair looks as if he got out of bed :p or cowlick hair hahahahahahaha I LOVE that ScreamingLemur :p

and Kelly, Lydia informed me that you are going to the gorge!! YEA!!! :D

I just can't believe last night, they played IN HIDING!! WOW!!! That song kicks SO much ass!! One of the BEST Gossard/Vedder compositons!!
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
    =ATTENTION : MY FELLOW PONIES & BITCHES=
    *squeals with excitement*

I scored a ticket to STONEY'S BDAY SHOW in PORTLAND!!! Guess who's side I'm on too!??!:D AHHH!!! *can't stop smiling/freaking out* Wow. I never stopped believing in PORTLAND miracles. I am sooooo beyond excited for this show. And how sweet is this...Stoney's bday and the whole focus is on Mikey and the CCFA. Awwwww. :) The brotherhood and love in this band just constantly warms my soul. Again, I am TOO frickin excited about this show! Wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

MusicForRhinos!? *bows down* Thank you so much for those pictures.:o Wow yeah the 2 that you mentioned Kelly? Uhh..*feels faint* yeah.......yeah.......
    Thanks again MusicForRhinos! HAHAHHAH! THE FRUITCAKE?!!? :D That is some funny shit!

So I just got the Rolling Stone! Can't wait to read it finally but I did take a look at the pics of course! I LOOOOOOVE that group shot. They all look soooo cute/amazing!!! ((:D)) Of course my eyes extra zoom in on Eddie and Stoney though. :p:o And then to turn the page and excuse the fuck outta me?! :eek: 2 of my fav people in the world sitting together all hellsa cutesy!! :D And then that quote from Stoney?! *sniff sniff*

"I think Eddie could do a lot of things but he chooses Pearl Jam as his vehicle. It's amazing to be a part of that."

AWWWWWWW!!!! These 2 just loving it up non-stop!? Are they trying to kill me!? haha. I mean, this is just too damn beautiful. :o SO...MUCH...LOVE!

Hey ScreamingLemur. hahaha. I know what you mean. Eddie especially looks all sweaty. :p No complaints over here though. *cough cough cough*
    ;)

Oooh and YES..Kelly is in for THE GORGE. YAY! :D The haven will be overflowing with Stoney love! We gotta take that group shot too...and put it in the scapbook for the band!!!!! Woooo! I can't believe it's less than a month away. :eek:

~*More Random Stoneyness...*~

*Went for a bike ride today. Gorgeous summer day...riding my bike along the beach blasting PARACHUTES with the wind blowing in my hair. *sigh* It was heavenly! I'll never get over this song! What a radiant masterpiece!

*OF THE GIRL was soundchecked last night! Hasn't been played since Benaroya '03. The SEXY SEXY Gossard Groove is about to be unleashed upon us. Woooooo! Pleeeeease sex us up on the West Coast PJ!

AND...

*Nadi..I know! IN HIDING! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :eek:

"Lo√e, you know the word

• nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    yay STONEr!
  • nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    lyd

congrats on the portland tix!

sure to be a wonderful evening!
    Awww thanks Tim! :D Yes, it is destined to be one hell of a magical night. :o

Aww and look at you showing your Stoney love!! Awwww!!! :D

<~~ can't stop AwWing

"Lo√e, you know the word

Oooh shit and speaking of pics in the Rolling Stone...I forgot to mention~~>NADI I SAW THE ONE YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT!!!! :eek: AWWWWW!!!! Stoney resting on Jeff's tummy. heheh. AWWWWWW!! :D:o:D

"Lo√e, you know the word

YEA for getting your PORTLAND tix!! I wish I can be there w/you, but hey, we'll be together @ the Gorge :D

as for the Stoney Ponies/Bitches group shot, shall we do that at the Fundraiser Lydi? And a THREAD is in order for that too!;)

YEA!! In a few weeks, THE GORGE aka: PONYLAND!!! :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Oooh shit and speaking of pics in the Rolling Stone...I forgot to mention~~>NADI I SAW THE ONE YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT!!!! :eek: AWWWWW!!!! Stoney resting on Jeff's tummy. heheh. AWWWWWW!! :D:o:D

yeah I was ABOUT to ask you about that photo!! TOO PRECIOUS!! Too bad neither of us have a scanner. Can you sense the love of the brotherhood in that pic?! :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    Yeah, could someone scan the pics? I would love to have them as background on the computer!

Stone is just...wow. Yeah, he takes any articulation I could have away. lol

I think I'm about to listen to Stone's solo album or that live show right now.

Also, I'm drinking in case I start making no sense. I don't drink a lot, only with friends. But tonight I'm alone and had alcohol in the house that I need to get rid of. :o
    --

To have fallen for me
    You guys, I love you. I love Stone. :o lol

Anyone going to the San Fran shows before the Gorge?
    --

To have fallen for me
    You guys, I love you. I love Stone. :o lol

Anyone going to the San Fran shows before the Gorge?

Awww, we love you too Kelly! :D:D STONE is DA SHIT!! ;)

oh HELL yes!! me, Lydia, Pati, my boyfriend and Lydia's boyfriend we all are going to be there @ ALL 3 SF shows :D YEA!! You know there will be some SERIOUS butt kicking SETLISTS!! are you going Kelly?

btw, Stoney Ponies/Bitches I have made a NEW thread regarding us at the Gorge :)

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=201671

I can't wait what the band has in store for us on this leg!! :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Hello PORTLAND!!!

They say it's your birthday.......It's my birthday too yea,
    They say it's your birthday...we're gonna have a good time...
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    Awww, we love you too Kelly! :D:D STONE is DA SHIT!! ;)

oh HELL yes!! me, Lydia, Pati, my boyfriend and Lydia's boyfriend we all are going to be there @ ALL 3 SF shows :D YEA!! You know there will be some SERIOUS butt kicking SETLISTS!! are you going Kelly?

btw, Stoney Ponies/Bitches I have made a NEW thread regarding us at the Gorge :)

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=201671

I can't wait what the band has in store for us on this leg!! :)
    Yes, yes, he is! :)

That is so cool! In my slightly, maybe just a little more than slightly, drunken state I think I should be at the SF shows. Plus, I have friends out near SF, but in reality I probably can't swing more than the Gorge shows. BUT I wish I could. I know you guys will represent. :cool:

I just posted in the thread.
    --

To have fallen for me
    Wooo that's right yahamita. It's so on!

Wait, Kelly...you're thinking about doing SF too?!? OMG! That would be too cool! Were you just drunky and talking nonsense? haha.:p Or is that a possibility? If there's any way that's possible you totally should. What a perfect way to kick off the Stoney love fest. This is a hometown show for me and Meddle so we're extra, extra pumped. Plus...3 nights?!:eek: AND it's general admission in a pretty small place too! *pants* These shows are gonna be historic no doubt! Aww and GA, so we can represent OUR side of the stage ya know!?heheh. :cool: Make it happen girl! If there's any way, make...it...happen! :D

*ahem*

But OMG you guys!!
    The PONY shirt makes a comeback! No fuckin way!!
    Kaddi!?? Nadi!??

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/PJ/1-1.jpg :eek:
    ahahahahahhaa. :D!!!!

LEG 2 =Stoney is PONYied up and ready to go!:D

"Lo√e, you know the word

VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Wooo that's right yahamita. It's so on!

Wait, Kelly...you're thinking about doing SF too?!? OMG! That would be too cool! Were you just drunky and talking nonsense? haha.:p Or is that a possibility? If there's any way that's possible you totally should. What a perfect way to kick off the Stoney love fest. This is a hometown show for me and Meddle so we're extra, extra pumped. Plus...3 nights?!:eek: AND it's general admission in a pretty small place too! *pants* These shows are gonna be historic no doubt! Aww and GA, so we can represent OUR side of the stage ya know!?heheh. :cool: Make it happen girl! If there's any way, make...it...happen! :D

*ahem*

But OMG you guys!!
    The PONY shirt makes a comeback! No fuckin way!!
    Kaddi!?? Nadi!??

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/PJ/1-1.jpg :eek:
    ahahahahahhaa. :D!!!!

LEG 2 =Stoney is PONYied up and ready to go!:D

YEA Lisa, you are going to Portland!!! That is awesome!! SO happy for you and Lyd! :D

and Kelly, if you can make it happen, then DO it! If not, then we'll see you at the Gorge! ;) But remember, w/this band, when their is a WILL, there IS a WAY! :D

These hometown shows are special for me and VEDHEAD, we experienced Bridge School back in 2003, which was WAAAAY funier w/her, than w/my then boyfriend :p Gosh, he was annoying! hahaha. Since she brought me here, I am going to share a show w/her, and plus, i consider this area my home since she brought me here! :D YEA!!! I can't wait!!

And LYDIA, OMG!! I JUST SAW that pic!! :eek: Stone w/the PONIES?! Ok, we MUST get our shirts!! :)

STONEY=RIFFMISTER!!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    I was probably talking nonsense more than anything. lol I don't think I could afford SF, but I want to so bad!!! Three shows, near people I know, plus it's a smaller venue. And you guys wll be there! :D Aaaah. I wish. :o

I love that shirt! Great Stoney pic! :cool:
    --

To have fallen for me
    yeah I know girl, I understand.:) $ is a HUGE problem for me too! I have to wait until I get paid until the 5th to get my Seattle plane tix :( GAH!! Well, you know, if they do Bridge School this year, you should come out for that :D it is on my b-day weekend!! :) You are more than welcome to kick it w/us :D

of course, we won't know about the line-up for Bridge School until Sept. :/

Can I say how much Stone kicks ASS?! has anyone heard of Thermadore? Stone played drums on one of their songs. They were on his label, Loosegroove. :) You know, Queens of the Stone Age were also on his label too?! :D Stone knows GOOD music!!:)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    I hate money being a problem for anyone for any reason. It's too bad. :(

Ah, Bridge School would rock!!! I will definitely think about that if they play it. :D

Stoney definitely knows good music. :) I have heard of Thermadore because he had played drums on one of their songs. I haven't heard that track yet. I need to. :p
    --

To have fallen for me
    i have the cd, when i get home, I'll upload some songs that feature Stone on it and send it to you:) that is if my internet is not being a pain in the arse! :p

my girl, pati, hooked me up w/EVERYTHING that Stone did. which ROCKS!! :D I also have Green River stuff too!!:) Which I told Lydia I would burn some stuff for her. :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~