Options

Smashing Pumpkins - "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness"

Comments

• Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Haha...too funny...and Porcelina is about a toilet bowl with a female sounding name, floating in an ocean. :D
    HAHAHAHA!!!! :D

I guess you're going to tell me Stand Inside Your Love is about love huh?
    ..........wait...
  • Options
    stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
    danny72688 wrote:
    HAHAHAHA!!!! :D

I guess you're going to tell me Stand Inside Your Love is about love huh?
    ..........wait...

Don't get me started on that one. :)

Do you have the MCIS demos?...there's some interesting spins on some of our fave songs on there. I need to DL the Adore and Machina demos soon.

Damn you!!...you're getting me into a full-blown Pumpkins phase!!!! :D:D:D
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    Don't get me started on that one. :)

Do you have the MCIS demos?...there's some interesting spins on some of our fave songs on there. I need to DL the Adore and Machina demos soon.

Damn you!!...you're getting me into a full-blown Pumpkins phase!!!! :D:D:D
    No I've never heard the demos before :eek:
    Is there one for X.Y.U.? There's a little tease of it after Pistachio so I assume there's an early version of it somewhere.

I of the Mourning :)
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    Is there one for X.Y.U.? There's a little tease of it after Pistachio so I assume there's an early version of it somewhere.

I do not believe so...but they are mostly Instrumental arrangements. There is one for Galapogos, Beautiful, Ugly, Cherry and then there are some for songs that never even made it...there was one called Walking Country, Germans In Leather Pants, Glamey Glamey...Those might be spin-offs of other tunes, but I haven't listened closely enough to all of them to be sure. It's 2 discs and about 29 demos...good stuff.

Behold! The Night Mare :)
  • Options
    I do not believe so...but they are mostly Instrumental arrangements. There is one for Galapogos, Beautiful, Ugly, Cherry and then there are some for songs that never even made it...there was one called Walking Country, Germans In Leather Pants, Glamey Glamey...Those might be spin-offs of other tunes, but I haven't listened closely enough to all of them to be sure. It's 2 discs and about 29 demos...good stuff.

Behold! The Night Mare :)
    So, in addition to the 55 MC songs, there were even more that didn't make it?!? :eek: Corgan is a fucking machine.

Lucky 13 :)
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    So, in addition to the 55 MC songs, there were even more that didn't make it?!? :eek: Corgan is a fucking machine.

Lucky 13 :)

Dude, I seriously think he's a modern Neil Young...he's probably got vaults worth of unreleased material...

Frail And Bedazzled :)
  • Options
    Dude, I seriously think he's a modern Neil Young...he's probably got vaults worth of unreleased material...

Frail And Bedazzled :)
    That wouldn't suprise me. I bet PJ has loads of secret stash songs that have never seen the light of day.

Here Is No Why :)
    (what does that even mean? ;))
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    That wouldn't suprise me. I bet PJ has loads of secret stash songs that have never seen the light of day.

Here Is No Why :)
    (what does that even mean? ;))

You're probably right. I bet alot of the better bands have a wealth of good unreleased material...

I have no idea what that means, but it's an amazing tune...

In My Body :) (I will not even go into a song meaning for this one...see Stand Inside Your Love :D)
  • Options
    You're probably right. I bet alot of the better bands have a wealth of good unreleased material...

I have no idea what that means, but it's an amazing tune...

In My Body :) (I will not even go into a song meaning for this one...see Stand Inside Your Love :D)
    Doesn't PJ owe us some B-Sides from Avocado by the way? ;);)

Bury Me :D
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    Doesn't PJ owe us some B-Sides from Avocado by the way? ;);)

Bury Me :D

Yeah, I believe they do. :D

In My Body is still on...it's a 7 minute song. :D
  • Options
    r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    Hahah seriously where are those avocado bsides hiding?

But on a pumpkins note...no discussion of set the ray to jerry? GREAT b-side. There was an uptempo demo snippet leaked lately on netphoria too that is killing me because I really want the whole thing. If anyone wants either pm me.
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
  • Options
    Yeah, I believe they do. :D

In My Body is still on...it's a 7 minute song. :D
    Yeah, Here Is No Why just finished, I got ahead of myself. So...

Bury Me.
  • Options
    r1vers wrote:

But on a pumpkins note...no discussion of set the ray to jerry? GREAT b-side. There was an uptempo demo snippet leaked lately on netphoria too that is killing me because I really want the whole thing. If anyone wants either pm me.

Set The Ray To Jerry is a great tune...one of the best B-sides...

Good God, I cannot wait for Zeitgeist!!!
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    Yeah, Here Is No Why just finished, I got ahead of myself. So...

Bury Me.

Blank Page :D

I love mp3 players with random playback and playlist potential...I have all the Pumpkins, Zwan and BC solo stuff on one playlist. :)
  • Options
    r1vers wrote:

There's been mention of it way back in the middle. I love that song!
  • Options
    Blank Page :D

I love mp3 players with random playback and playlist potential...I have all the Pumpkins, Zwan and BC solo stuff on one playlist. :)
    I made a Super Mellon Collie (6 pink, 6 blue, 6 Aeroplane) Very difficult to make, but I can put it on one disk and get the best of!

Cupid de Locke :D
  • Options
    Ah. Musta missed it. Just felt it needed to have some props given to it.

But this demo version! Phew. So intense. I wish it would get out already.
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    I made a Super Mellon Collie (6 pink, 6 blue, 6 Aeroplane) Very difficult to make, but I can put it on one disk and get the best of!

Cupid de Locke :D

Nice...I have 298 songs on random repeat. :D

1979 :D:D:D...I was always partial to this tune b/c it's the year I was born. :)
  • Options
    r1vers wrote:
    Ah. Musta missed it. Just felt it needed to have some props given to it.

But this demo version! Phew. So intense. I wish it would get out already.
    There's plenty of love here, I included it in my Super Mellon Collie playlist :D

I should seek out this demo, I've never heard Pumpkins demos before I don't think.
  • Options
    Nice...I have 298 songs on random repeat. :D

1979 :D:D:D...I was always partial to this tune b/c it's the year I was born. :)
    In five years you can be partial to 1979 and Thirty-Three ;)

I'm gonna have to train my iPod to randomize my Pumpkins songs. That'd be sweet!!

Where Boys Fear to Tread :)
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    In five years you can be partial to 1979 and Thirty-Three ;)

I'm gonna have to train my iPod to randomize my Pumpkins songs. That'd be sweet!!

Where Boys Fear to Tread :)

Haha, thanks for calling me old, fucker. :D...it's ok, I know I am pushin' 30...I embrace it. :)

I can actually randomize my entire mp3 player if I want. I am actually gonna add my Pumpkins live shows to it and randomize those in there too. :D

I actually have the entire 06 PJ tour in there now, as well as the studio albums, about 7 '03 shows and about 6 live rarities compilations I have made.

But back to Pumpkinland...Here Is No Why. :D
  • Options
    http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=A747CDAB6EEABE26 - Set The Ray... Demo

Keep in mind it's sadly only right up until the chorus because the person who leaked it was trying to get some other demo that apparently exists & someone has in possession but hasn't leaked. The other person never surfaced so the full track of this never was released. Butttt you can tell the potential.
  • Options
    r1vers wrote:
    http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=A747CDAB6EEABE26 - Set The Ray... Demo

Keep in mind it's sadly only right up until the chorus because the person who leaked it was trying to get some other demo that apparently exists & someone has in possession but hasn't leaked. The other person never surfaced so the full track of this never was released. Butttt you can tell the potential.
    Oh sweet! Listening now.

Awesome, I really like this!
  • Options
    Haha, thanks for calling me old, fucker. :D...it's ok, I know I am pushin' 30...I embrace it. :)

I can actually randomize my entire mp3 player if I want. I am actually gonna add my Pumpkins live shows to it and randomize those in there too. :D

I actually have the entire 06 PJ tour in there now, as well as the studio albums, about 7 '03 shows and about 6 live rarities compilations I have made.

But back to Pumpkinland...Here Is No Why. :D
    I have a link to some old PJ shows (Atlanta 94 and Soldier Field 95 among others) if you'd like to beef up your live PJ catalogue.

I need to get some good quality Pumpkins shows, I had one poor quality one, but it's lost :(

Set the Ray to Jerry.
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    I have a link to some old PJ shows (Atlanta 94 and Soldier Field 95 among others) if you'd like to beef up your live PJ catalogue.

I need to get some good quality Pumpkins shows, I had one poor quality one, but it's lost :(

Set the Ray to Jerry.

Oh, I have those shows...I have over 300 shows all together...it's ok. :)

I am looking to download more, I can't wait to get my burner back up and running.

In The Arms Of Sleep just ended and I am now on Blue Acoustic from Mashed Potatoes. :D
  • Options
    Oh, I have those shows...I have over 300 shows all together...it's ok. :)

I am looking to download more, I can't wait to get my burner back up and running.

In The Arms Of Sleep just ended and I am now on Blue Acoustic from Mashed Potatoes. :D
    If I wasn't so lazy I'd have a bunch of shows burned, but I hate making the cases and all myself ;)

BWBW
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    If I wasn't so lazy I'd have a bunch of shows burned, but I hate making the cases and all myself ;)

BWBW

I have these really cool paper cases...they're really handy for me. :)

Lily (My One And Only)
  • Options
    i currently have one show thats regarded as their best. sound quality is a B probably but it's great. vancouver 1.8.97 - gm place. incredibly energetic set. i've also got a set of 8 ipod ready videos from 3.10.2000 that's pretty hot. pm me if curious.

and danny7981374901394813...you're welcome. had to share it.

ps - if anyone has some high quality shows from 2000 let me know.
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:

I'm not sure if its exactly a demo, but if you can find the 666 bootleg its a bunch of stuff from in the studio. x.y.u., porcelina, zero and rough versions of other Mellon Collie songs. also, as far as demos go, my favorite are the Machina acoustic demos. Wound, Glass + Ghost Children and Speed Kills are on there as well as some unreleased gems like Here I Am. the RSPAA has both of these in mp3 form, 666 under miscellaneous and Machina Acoustic in demos.
  • Options
    manonkouch wrote:
    I'm not sure if its exactly a demo, but if you can find the 666 bootleg its a bunch of stuff from in the studio. x.y.u., porcelina, zero and rough versions of other Mellon Collie songs. also, as far as demos go, my favorite are the Machina acoustic demos. Wound, Glass + Ghost Children and Speed Kills are on there as well as some unreleased gems like Here I Am. the RSPAA has both of these in mp3 form, 666 under miscellaneous and Machina Acoustic in demos.

I was just checking out some of the stuff on this site. It's amazing...I can't wait to have a new burner....