Options

Smashing Pumpkins - "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness"

Comments

• Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    That is actually one of the few Pumpkins songs I do not own. I gotta get that soundtrack...
    I suggest getting the single instead. There's nothing else really that great on it; REM and Goo Goo Dolls are all that come to mind that isn't total crap. I think there's a Jewel song too if you like her...
  • Options
    stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
    danny72688 wrote:
    I suggest getting the single instead. There's nothing else really that great on it; REM and Goo Goo Dolls are all that come to mind that isn't total crap. I think there's a Jewel song too if you like her...

Hell, I've bought every fucking thing they've put out...I shelled out 30 bucks for the Machina, Japanese version with Speed Kills on it...and THEN bought the Stand Inside Your Love single with the entended version of Speed Kills on it (great fucking song, btw)...so, I think I can get away with downloading one little song. :)
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    Hell, I've bought every fucking thing they've put out...I shelled out 30 bucks for the Machina, Japanese version with Speed Kills on it...and THEN bought the Stand Inside Your Love single with the entended version of Speed Kills on it (great fucking song, btw)...so, I think I can get away with downloading one little song. :)
    Yeah Billy won't mind - he put MACHINA II and Mashed Potatoes up for free. So that must mean he wants all his material to be free ;););)

While I'm on the topic of Pumpkin rarities, have you heard Slunk?
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    Yeah Billy won't mind - he put MACHINA II and Mashed Potatoes up for free. So that must mean he wants all his material to be free ;););)

While I'm on the topic of Pumpkin rarities, have you heard Slunk?

Yeah...I have it on the Lull EP, and a live version on Mashed Potates. :)
  • Options
    Yeah...I have it on the Lull EP, and a live version on Mashed Potates. :)
    I remember forking out $15 or $20 to get Lull, just for that song. Much to my surprise the rest was worth it too! (This was before I owned Aeroplane, Judas 0, and Pisces and knew of their fabulous B-Sides).

I'm listening to Mellon Collie right now, feels like '96 and I'm back in middle school. I don't know if that's good or bad ;)
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    I remember forking out $15 or $20 to get Lull, just for that song. Much to my surprise the rest was worth it too! (This was before I owned Aeroplane, Judas 0, and Pisces and knew of their fabulous B-Sides).

I'm listening to Mellon Collie right now, feels like '96 and I'm back in middle school. I don't know if that's good or bad ;)

I am currently packing up and getting ready to leave work, so I am not listening to anything...but maybe I'll pop in MCIS in the car for the ride home. :)

BTW, I have a few Pumpkins bootlegs (including Storytellers) if you are interested. There about A- quality, which is pretty good. I only have 5 shows all together right now, but I am looking to start downloading a bunch more soon.
  • Options
    I am currently packing up and getting ready to leave work, so I am not listening to anything...but maybe I'll pop in MCIS in the car for the ride home. :)

BTW, I have a few Pumpkins bootlegs (including Storytellers) if you are interested. There about A- quality, which is pretty good. I only have 5 shows all together right now, but I am looking to start downloading a bunch more soon.
    Working late on Friday?! :eek: Nearly 8 there right?
    Of course I'm interested, but I have no Pumpkins shows to give in return :o
    I did have one of their '00 shows, but it's lost in my computer or deleted somehow :( The quality wasn't that great though so it's not a great loss.
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    Working late on Friday?! :eek: Nearly 8 there right?
    Of course I'm interested, but I have no Pumpkins shows to give in return :o
    I did have one of their '00 shows, but it's lost in my computer or deleted somehow :( The quality wasn't that great though so it's not a great loss.

Yeah, I get out at 8...but it's all good.

Only thing is, my burner is fucked right now, but as soon as I get it back up and running, I will burn you copies of some of them...it's not a big deal, and I don't need anything in return.

I will PM you with which shows I have and their respective setlists within the next couple days.
  • Options
    Yeah, I get out at 8...but it's all good.

Only thing is, my burner is fucked right now, but as soon as I get it back up and running, I will burn you copies of some of them...it's not a big deal, and I don't need anything in return.

I will PM you with which shows I have and their respective setlists within the next couple days.
    If there's anything I can get for you let me know. You have Judas 0? That one I think was limited.
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    If there's anything I can get for you let me know. You have Judas 0? That one I think was limited.

Dude, yer talking to a Pumpkins die-hard fan...of course I ahve Judas 0. :D
  • Options
    Dude, yer talking to a Pumpkins die-hard fan...of course I ahve Judas 0. :D
    Oh, well then I'm of no use to you ;)

07/07/07 needs to hurry up!
  • Options
    darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    danny72688 wrote:
    Oh, well then I'm of no use to you ;)

07/07/07 needs to hurry up!

Hell yeah it does!!! Man, '06 was Pearl Jam, '07 is Pumpkins...what a great time for music!!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options

upload please!!! :D

danny wrote:
    Hell yeah it does!!! Man, '06 was Pearl Jam, '07 is Pumpkins...what a great time for music!!!
    Pumpkins AND Radiohead. ;)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    upload please!!! :D

Pumpkins AND Radiohead. ;)

I would upload if I knew how to. *ashamed*

Can't wait for Radiohead as well...but I have been a crazed Pumpkins fan since 92, and knowing that they are back together gives me butterflies...so as much as I love Radiohead, I am looking forward to Pumpkins about 1000% more. :)
  • Options

Can't wait for Radiohead as well...but I have been a crazed Pumpkins fan since 92, and knowing that they are back together gives me butterflies...so as much as I love Radiohead, I am looking forward to Pumpkins about 1000% more. :)

Radiohead's always put out great music, but I agree, I'm a lot more interested in what Corgan has in store for the world...and why is he being so damn secretive about who's in the band?!!!!

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • Options

Yeah, if I was going to say I'm 100% excited about Pumpkins (and I am :D ) then Radiohead would fall at about 75-80%. Love em both,.. luckily I don't have to choose!

here's how you upload:

Go to any of several sites... http://www.sendspace.com is a good one... You may have to create an account but if that's the case it's fast and easy and free, so no worries.

You'll see a button somewhere that says 'upload'. Click it, then find the file on your computer.

You'll want to send the entire show in one or two zip files, so I suggest you right click the folder with the shows in it (this is on your computer not through the site upload obviously) and make it into a zip file. Again, fast and easy to do.

Then once you have the file selected to be uploaded just click whatever the 'go' button is (it'll be really obvious) and let it load.

You'll have a link to give everyone so other people can download it. And I believe sendspace lets you see how many times it's been downloaded if you're curious. :)

Any questions? :)

"Make our day"
  • Options
    Yeah, if I was going to say I'm 100% excited about Pumpkins (and I am :D ) then Radiohead would fall at about 75-80%. Love em both,.. luckily I don't have to choose!

here's how you upload:

Go to any of several sites... http://www.sendspace.com is a good one... You may have to create an account but if that's the case it's fast and easy and free, so no worries.

You'll see a button somewhere that says 'upload'. Click it, then find the file on your computer.

You'll want to send the entire show in one or two zip files, so I suggest you right click the folder with the shows in it (this is on your computer not through the site upload obviously) and make it into a zip file. Again, fast and easy to do.

Then once you have the file selected to be uploaded just click whatever the 'go' button is (it'll be really obvious) and let it load.

You'll have a link to give everyone so other people can download it. And I believe sendspace lets you see how many times it's been downloaded if you're curious. :)

Any questions? :)

No questions, and thanks for the info.

I am at work right now, so I can't do it obviously...lol. I will definitely try it out tomorrow, though. It's one of my days off, so I will do it...I might even put some Radiohead shows up too if I get it up and running smoothly. :)
  • Options
    No questions, and thanks for the info.

I am at work right now, so I can't do it obviously...lol. I will definitely try it out tomorrow, though. It's one of my days off, so I will do it...I might even put some Radiohead shows up too if I get it up and running smoothly. :)
    *hugs* :D

"Make our day"
  • Options
    *hugs* :D

Haha. :)

Like I said before, I only have 5 Pumpkins as of right now, but I have about 15 Radiohead shows...

This could be fun. :D
  • Options
    Haha. :)

Like I said before, I only have 5 Pumpkins as of right now, but I have about 15 Radiohead shows...

This could be fun. :D
    Have any new RH shows?! I'd love to hear those new songs.. I have the Amsterdam (I think that's the one..) show.

"Make our day"
  • Options
    Have any new RH shows?! I'd love to hear those new songs.. I have the Amsterdam (I think that's the one..) show.

Unfortanely, I do not have any new ones. I haven't been into downloading too much recently. I haven't really been on the computer much at all lately...

But as I said before, I am gonna start downloading alot more :)
  • Options
    Either way, Radiohead shows are mindblowing.

"Make our day"
  • Options
    Either way, Radiohead shows are mindblowing.

Yes they are...

I have a show from Earl's Court in 03, I believe. There is a version of "Idioteque" on there that gives me chills.
  • Options
    i've got that one!

It's one of only a few I have... It really is incredible. that version of "How to Disappear completely" is one of the most beautiful haunting performances i've ever heard.

I've got earls court, amsterdamn, the canal show they did sometime ago, and some acoustic thing from krock radio.

"Make our day"
  • Options
    i've got that one!

It's one of only a few I have... It really is incredible. that version of "How to Disappear completely" is one of the most beautiful haunting performances i've ever heard.

I've got earls court, amsterdamn, the canal show they did sometime ago, and some acoustic thing from krock radio.

Off the top of my head, I know I have one from Boston in 03, I think one from New York, one from France, I believe...I think another one from England...

As for Pumpkins shows, I know I definitely have their second to last show in Chicago, where Billy plays "For Martha" with his dad.
  • Options
    JSP552003JSP552003 Posts: 222
    anyone who wants SP bootlegs might wanna check this site out...

http://rspaa.niluje.net/data/

enjoy...

edit: this site has some cool stuff too

http://www.thepumpkins.net/
  • Options
    JSP552003 wrote:
    anyone who wants SP bootlegs might wanna check this site out...

http://rspaa.niluje.net/data/

enjoy...

edit: this site has some cool stuff too

http://www.thepumpkins.net/

Those sites look pretty fucking awesome!!

Thanks. :)
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    Those sites look pretty fucking awesome!!

Thanks. :)

What he said. :) ^^
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    FUCKING SWEET!!! Man, they played some kickass final shows, busted out a lot of old school tunes!!! I think it'd be hilariously awesome if at their first show this year, the first song they play will be the Everlasting Gaze. "You know I'm not dead!!" I could see it now...

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • Options

As for Pumpkins shows, I know I definitely have their second to last show in Chicago, where Billy plays "For Martha" with his dad.
    how moving :(

"Make our day"