Options

Smashing Pumpkins - "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness"

Comments

• Options
    stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
    how moving :(

Yeah, it really was...especially the way he introed it...I don't remember word for word, but it was beautiful.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    For Martha has probably one of Corgan's best solos. My favorite from him would probably either be the solo in XYU or Here is No Why.
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    For Martha has probably one of Corgan's best solos. My favorite from him would probably either be the solo in XYU or Here is No Why.
    Geek USA.
    :p
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    Geek USA.
    :p

Yeah that's another nice solo, so is Cherub Rock and Soma.

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • Options
    Yeah that's another nice solo, so is Cherub Rock and Soma.
    ...and Bury Me, and I Am One.
    ;)
  • Options
    Don't forget about Snail, Tristessa, and Frail and Bedazzled!!

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • Options
    Don't forget about Snail, Tristessa, and Frail and Bedazzled!!
    I love those songs! I'll just go ahead and add Love to the list.
  • Options
    Corgan's a fucking Dynamo. Any time he plays lead guitar it's spectacular. Unique and beautiful.. James ain't bad either.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    Just listened to the 1979 single. It was good :)
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    Just listened to the 1979 single. It was good :)

As far as the boxed set goes, Zero and Thirty-Three were the best singles IMO.

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • Options
    As far as the boxed set goes, Zero and Thirty-Three were the best singles IMO.
    I have to agree with you here. But Set the Ray to Jerry is sooooooo good :D
    I don't know though, Pennies is better! There's such a selection it's hard to choose.
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    I have to agree with you here. But Set the Ray to Jerry is sooooooo good :D
    I don't know though, Pennies is better! There's such a selection it's hard to choose.

They are all good, in my opinion. The only one that gets a notch less than the rest is Bullet With Butterfly Wings, only b/c 5 of the 6 B-sides are covers. Great covers, but still covers nonetheless...

That being said, I love Cherry, God, Mouths Of Babes, Medellia Of The Grey Skies, Said Sadly, and Set The Ray To Jerry

The rest are great too, I just relate to those more...

One of Billy's best lines ever is in "Medellia"

"You're all I notice in a crowded room, you're vacant motives untouched...revealed"

*chills* :)
  • Options
    They are all good, in my opinion. The only one that gets a notch less than the rest is Bullet With Butterfly Wings, only b/c 5 of the 6 B-sides are covers. Great covers, but still covers nonetheless...

That being said, I love Cherry, God, Mouths Of Babes, Medellia Of The Grey Skies, Said Sadly, and Set The Ray To Jerry

The rest are great too, I just relate to those more...

One of Billy's best lines ever is in "Medellia"

"You're all I notice in a crowded room, you're vacant motives untouched...revealed"

*chills* :)
    Yeah all the singles are good. I also agree that the BWBW is my least favorite but it isn't bad.

I always get chills listening to Love, such a strong riff even though it's SO basic. That solo rips into my soul :)
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    Yeah all the singles are good. I also agree that the BWBW is my least favorite but it isn't bad.

I always get chills listening to Love, such a strong riff even though it's SO basic. That solo rips into my soul :)

Love is a great song.

As far as B-sides go though, I think Speed Kills is their best ever...that song is pure brilliance...

I have been listening to Thru The Eyes Of Ruby alot lately...easily one of their best songs ever.
  • Options
    Love is a great song.

As far as B-sides go though, I think Speed Kills is their best ever...that song is pure brilliance...

I have been listening to Thru The Eyes Of Ruby alot lately...easily one of their best songs ever.
    I'm afraid you're mistaken....Slunk is their best B-Side ;):D

I love Thru the Eyes of Ruby! That, In the Arms of Sleep, and Cupid de Locke are my favorite "slow" songs on MC. Mayonaise, Rhinoceros, Annie-Dog, Atom Bomb (either version) or Disarm would be my favorite "slow" tune by them.
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    I'm afraid you're mistaken....Slunk is their best B-Side ;):D

I love Thru the Eyes of Ruby! That, In the Arms of Sleep, and Cupid de Locke are my favorite "slow" songs on MC. Mayonaise, Rhinoceros, Annie-Dog, Atom Bomb (either version) or Disarm would be my favorite "slow" tune by them.

Slunk is pretty good too...I just don't prefer it over most of PI, although it should have been on there...Plume...another one I love.

I think I can honestly say that there isn't a Pumpkins song I hate. I can do without a couple, but I don't hate any of them.

Oh and Porcelina rocks. :)
  • Options
    Slunk is pretty good too...I just don't prefer it over most of PI, although it should have been on there...Plume...another one I love.

I think I can honestly say that there isn't a Pumpkins song I hate. I can do without a couple, but I don't hate any of them.

Oh and Porcelina rocks. :)
    Yeah it should've been on Pisces, and Bye June too! Obscured is my favorite from Pisces though, that or Hello Kitty Kat.

There are some Pumpkins songs I admit don't do anything for me, some of the Adore and MACHINA stuff. But that's mostly because of personal bias to a lot of the sounds they toyed with. Oddly I love Ava Adore though and I'm usually not a fan of NIN type stuff.

Oh acutally, I really don't like that country song on the blue disc now that I think of it. I never gave it a chance though.
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    Yeah it should've been on Pisces, and Bye June too! Obscured is my favorite from Pisces though, that or Hello Kitty Kat.

There are some Pumpkins songs I admit don't do anything for me, some of the Adore and MACHINA stuff. But that's mostly because of personal bias to a lot of the sounds they toyed with. Oddly I love Ava Adore though and I'm usually not a fan of NIN type stuff.

Oh acutally, I really don't like that country song on the blue disc now that I think of it. I never gave it a chance though.

I think my favorite from PI is either Plume or Blew Away...

I love Machina and Adore. I think they are very undderated and some of Billy's most beautiful writing is on Adore.

Tales Of A Scorched Earth is a song that I could do without. The one you are thinking of is Take Me Down sung by James. That song has beautiful words.

Check out my new sig! :D
  • Options
    I think my favorite from PI is either Plume or Blew Away...

I love Machina and Adore. I think they are very undderated and some of Billy's most beautiful writing is on Adore.

Tales Of A Scorched Earth is a song that I could do without. The one you are thinking of is Take Me Down sung by James. That song has beautiful words.

Check out my new sig! :D
    Awesome sig! Too bad music can't play with it.

TOASE is a great tune, but Billy's vocals are too distorted.

It's not Take Me Down, I checked. It's number 12 called Lily (My One and Only). The one with a reverse We Only Come Out at Night drumbeat.
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    Awesome sig! Too bad music can't play with it.

TOASE is a great tune, but Billy's vocals are too distorted.

It's not Take Me Down, I checked. It's number 12 called Lily (My One and Only). The one with a reverse We Only Come Out at Night drumbeat.

I know, huh?...that would rock...

Yeah, the music itself is great...but his vocals annoy the piss outta me...haha.

Oh, ok...I love that song. It's about a peeping tom, and he uses the name Lily b/c that is his cat's name.

I love trying to figure out what songs are about. It's never simple with Mr. Corgan. ;)
  • Options
    I love trying to figure out what songs are about. It's never simple with Mr. Corgan. ;)
    Yes I love doing that. I actually did a paper on the Geek USA lyrics three semesters ago. Got a 91 :cool:
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    Yes I love doing that. I actually did a paper on the Geek USA lyrics three semesters ago. Got a 91 :cool:

Cool deal. If I go back to school and have to write something like that, I might do a paper on Glass And The Ghost Children. :)
  • Options
    Cool deal. If I go back to school and have to write something like that, I might do a paper on Glass And The Ghost Children. :)
    Yeah I'm sad I only had one paper with the option of that topic. If I have another chance in my last semester I'd do Aeroplane I think. That is a brilliantly structured/composed song. Or I might do Age of Innocence, I love that song! Actually I should probably do a PJ song, why should they be left out? I'd no doubt do Wash if I could :p
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    Yeah I'm sad I only had one paper with the option of that topic. If I have another chance in my last semester I'd do Aeroplane I think. That is a brilliantly structured/composed song. Or I might do Age of Innocence, I love that song! Actually I should probably do a PJ song, why should they be left out? I'd no doubt do Wash if I could :p

Haha...you seem torn. But it's a good torn. PJ and the Pumpkins are my two favorite bands too, so many great songs to choose from.

Just turned on Mayonaise...another Billy classic...
  • Options
    Haha...you seem torn. But it's a good torn. PJ and the Pumpkins are my two favorite bands too, so many great songs to choose from.

Just turned on Mayonaise...another Billy classic...
    This stupid website listed that song as a song about food. I guess Rhinoceros is about rhinos then huh?
    ;)

I'm listening to Pug! :D
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    This stupid website listed that song as a song about food. I guess Rhinoceros is about rhinos then huh?
    ;)

I'm listening to Pug! :D

Well, isn't Jellybelly about different flavored jelly beans? :D

If There Is A God :D
  • Options
    Well, isn't Jellybelly about different flavored jelly beans? :D

If There Is A God :D
    You're comparing Appels and Oranjes ;)
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    You're comparing Appels and Oranjes ;)

Haha, yeah and that song Pug you were listening to is about a dog *rolls eyes* :)
  • Options
    Haha, yeah and that song Pug you were listening to is about a dog *rolls eyes* :)
    I conclude that:
    Snail is about a snail
    Zero is about the number zero
    Space Boy is about a boy from space
    White Spyder is about a white spider

:D
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    I conclude that:
    Snail is about a snail
    Zero is about the number zero
    Space Boy is about a boy from space
    White Spyder is about a white spider

:D

Haha...too funny...and Porcelina is about a toilet bowl with a female sounding name, floating in an ocean. :D