Options

Smashing Pumpkins - "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness"

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    superdeluxesuperdeluxe Posts: 119
    Seems like the Pumpkins are playing mainly festivals this year...hopefully they tour on their own really soon!

The positive thing is, The band is getting headline billing at these festivals. Which means one of the following

1)THey have heard the album, and they think its going to be huge
    2)The Record company is pushing the pumpkins HARD
    3)The original members are all back.

Either way. Good stuff for the fans.
  • Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    The positive thing is, The band is getting headline billing at these festivals. Which means one of the following

1)THey have heard the album, and they think its going to be huge
    2)The Record company is pushing the pumpkins HARD
    3)The original members are all back.

Either way. Good stuff for the fans.
    I agree with 1 and 2, but 3 isn't necessarily true (though I hope so!).
  • Options
    darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    I think it'd be cool to see James back, but they could live without D'arcy. Let's get Paz back!!!! Though that won't happen either so screw it and let's see what happens.
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    Let us not forget that Obi-wan Kenobi has a better chance of getting into the Pumpkins than D'arcy!!! :D:D:D

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • Options
    bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    Sidenote:

THE SMASHING PUMPKINS ANNOUNCE FIRST SHOW SINCE 2000 AT THE HISTORIC GRAND REX IN PARIS

BAND TO UNVEIL SONGS FROM UPCOMING ALBUM 'ZEITGEIST'

THE SMASHING PUMPKINS are excited to announce their first live performance since December 2, 2000 - a very special and intimate theatre show to take place May 22 in Paris, France at the historic and elegantly appointed Grand Rex. Tickets will go on sale April 11.

This marks the first time The Smashing Pumpkins will unveil songs from the upcoming ZEITGEIST (Martha's Music/Reprise), their sixth album and first of new material since 2000's Machina/The Machines of God and the free, digital-only release Machina II/The Friends & Enemies of Modern Music. ZEITGEIST was produced by Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlin, with Roy Thomas Baker and Terry Date working separately on various tracks, and represents the culmination of two years of work.

After the Paris show, The Smashing Pumpkins will headline major European festivals from May 28 at Holland’s Pinkpop festival through June 17 at Switzerland’s Greenfield Festival, returning to England August 24 (Leeds Festival) and August 26 (Reading Festival). Stay tuned for more information about North American tour dates beyond the V Festivals confirmed in Washington, DC (August 5) and Toronto, ONT (September 8).

Catch up with the band at smashingpumpkins.com and myspace.com/smashingpumpkins

Here are the initial tour dates:

Tue 5/22 Paris, France Grand Rex
    Mon 5/28 Landgraaf, Neth. Pinkpop (Near Heerlen)
    Thu 5/31 Barcelona, Spain Primavera Sound Festival
    Sat 6/2 Nurburgring, Ger Nurburgring Race Track
    Sun 6/3 Nuremberg, Ger Zeppelinfeld
    Sat 6/9 Lisbon, Portugal Super Rock
    Tue 6/12 Madrid, Spain Las Ventas
    Fri 6/15 Nickelsdorf, Austria Nova Rock
    Sat 6/16 Imola (Venice), Italy Heineken Jammin' Festival
    Sun 6/17 Interlaken, Swtz. Greenfield Festival
    Sun 8/5 Washington, DC V Festival at Pimlico Park
    Fri 8/24 Leeds, England Leeds Festival
    Sun 8/26 Reading, England Reading Festival
    Sat 9/8 Toronto, ON V Festival

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    we don’t know just where our bones will rest,
    to dust i guess,
    forgotten and absorbed into the earth below,..
  • Options

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • Options
    I forgot how much I loved The Boy :D
    The Pumpkins and alcohol definitely mix well.
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    I forgot how much I loved The Boy :D
    The Pumpkins and alcohol definitely mix well.

So do the Pumpkins and calm nights when you're sad...

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • Options
    HOLY FUCK!! GO TO http://www.thepumpkins.net AND SHECK IT OUT!!!!

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • Options
    Superb cover. Very pumpkins. !
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    Cool!

Was this an April Fools joke by Billy? Just to get everyone all excited? I hope not! :o
  • Options
    I really really hope that is an April Fool's joke.
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    Yes, its an April Fools joke. Most of those songs are actually unreleased Zwan stuff from the Spun movie.
  • Options
    lol well the first giveaway was the lack of jimmy
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    definately an awesome album. siamaese dream is there masterpiece in my opinion, but mellon collie has a lot of moments that are SP at their best (or more accurately, billy corgan at his best). very gutsy album too. more often than not, the gutsiness paid off.
  • Options
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    definately an awesome album. siamaese dream is there masterpiece in my opinion, but mellon collie has a lot of moments that are SP at their best (or more accurately, billy corgan at his best). very gutsy album too. more often than not, the gutsiness paid off.

Hell yeah!!! Siamese Dream gets credit for being amazing too!! Really, everything between 91 and 96 for the Pumpkins was pure amazement, not that Adore and Machina 1 and 2 were bad, they rocked but they don't have the edge of the first 3...

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • Options
    oh i didn't know there were music samples - though fake.

The fake cover was pretty cool though.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    oh i didn't know there were music samples - though fake.

The fake cover was pretty cool though.
    I liked the songs a lot, but something felt weird about them. They almost had an Adore/MACHINA feel to them (some medium between the two). Besides I didn't hear any of this guitar heavy and drum crazy sound Jimmy's been bragging about. Oh well, three more long months.
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    Hell yeah!!! Siamese Dream gets credit for being amazing too!! Really, everything between 91 and 96 for the Pumpkins was pure amazement, not that Adore and Machina 1 and 2 were bad, they rocked but they don't have the edge of the first 3...

These are my thoughts as well...and Siamese Dream is my all time favourite alt-rock record!!!!!!!!!!!!
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    The Pumpkins proved with Mellon Collie that they were a serious band and that they could do anything they wanted to...hell even break up and get back together with new members!!

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • Options
    [size=+5]OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!![/size]

On XM Radio I heard this song called 'Sun' by you know who. I've never heard of this and I think it might be the first Zeitgeist single!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    LOL! :eek:

I guess you're a little excited? ;)

:D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    justam wrote:
    LOL! :eek:

I guess you're a little excited? ;)

:D
    Nah not really ;);)
    It had a really catchy riff. Like Cherub Rock catchy.

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    False alarm :(
    Turns out 'Sun' is a Gish outtake.
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    False alarm :(
    Turns out 'Sun' is a Gish outtake.

Dude you should really check out the Reel Time Sessions if you haven't... btw that reaction was priceless lol!
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!