Options

Queens of the Stone Age

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,357
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ultrapig said:
    Looks like Cinci is getting a show. Hopefully they announce something closer to me in Minneapolis or KC.
    Charlotte also calls itself the Queen City. 
    The venue that made the post is in Cincinnati 

super small at that.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    mickeyrat said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ultrapig said:
    Looks like Cinci is getting a show. Hopefully they announce something closer to me in Minneapolis or KC.

super small at that.
    That's awesome.  During the Like Clockwork tour,  they randomly played the National in Richmond,  1500 people.  The night before they were at at the Barclay's center.  They brought their arena amps into the club.  Still might be the loudest show I've ever attended. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ultrapig said:

super small at that.
    That's awesome.  During the Like Clockwork tour,  they randomly played the National in Richmond,  1500 people.  The night before they were at at the Barclay's center.  They brought their arena amps into the club.  Still might be the loudest show I've ever attended. 

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,652
    Saturday 9/28/2024 - MGM Grand Music Hall at Fenway.... 

Fuck yeah.... 

https://qotsa.com/tour/
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457

Fuck yeah.... 

Yeah I’d love to make this show or the Sunday show in CT! If anyone gets lucky and scores tickets and they have an extra I’d love to buy it! I’m down in Key West so I’m not sure I’ll be able to score tickets 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    Tuesday in Cincy...the day sucks but it will be hard to resist
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    I'm ecstatic over the venue alone for Boston... the sound in there is amazing and it's < 20 minutes from my house. 

The fact that it's a Saturday is such a freakin bonus. 
  • Options
    I'm ecstatic over the venue alone for Boston... the sound in there is amazing and it's < 20 minutes from my house. 

The fact that it's a Saturday is such a freakin bonus. 

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,410

Fuck yeah.... 

Gaaaahhhhhhaaaaaggggghhgg
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,287
    10/2 outdoor on the chicago lakefront…..that could be a damn cold show.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,931
    I may make the drive up to Boston 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    DO IT

I saw the Claypool & The Frog Brigade play Animals there a year ago... the sound is f'ing amazing in that place. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    I’m def doing that Saturday in Boston it can’t get any better I’m def going 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    An excellent decision. Seeing them indoors is the pinnacle. Short of a Pink Floyd reunion or something similarly crazy I can't think of any other show I'd prefer to see on a given night right now.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,205
    Boston would have been great - but I will be at Ohana.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    GlowGirl said:
    Boston would have been great - but I will be at Ohana.
    yeah I just realized that the Cincy date is the day after we return from Ohana...probably not in the cards
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    An excellent decision. Seeing them indoors is the pinnacle. Short of a Pink Floyd reunion or something similarly crazy I can't think of any other show I'd prefer to see on a given night right now.
    The venue is choice as well… the last two times they headlined here it was The Aggans Arena & it was 2/3 capacity at best IIRC. 
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    The venue is choice as well… the last two times they headlined here it was The Aggans Arena & it was 2/3 capacity at best IIRC. 
    It really is. I probably won't do it for this show but twice I scored incredible last minute deals on those VIP box seats in the mezz. Special entrance, private bar, table service. Gotta keep an eye on StoobHoob for those.
  • Options
    Tuesday in Cincy...the day sucks but it will be hard to resist

great venue too.

• Options
    See you in Boston
    MGM Music Hall at Fenway - WSDG
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,948
    What have been the ticket prices as of late? 
  • Options
    Boston GA was $79 after fees. 

I think they were about $56 before fees. 
  • Options
    See you in Boston
    MGM Music Hall at Fenway - WSDG
    Cool can’t wait I’m so pumped 
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,948

Cool, thanks.  This place is a bit bigger than the State Theater in Portland where I saw them last. But much smaller than an arena that would be too big for them. Otherwise, perfect.  Looking forward to this one. 
  • Options

Cool, thanks.  This place is a bit bigger than the State Theater in Portland where I saw them last. But much smaller than an arena that would be too big for them. Otherwise, perfect.  Looking forward to this one. 
    That State Theater show was one of the greatest concerts I've ever seen. 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,639
    edited June 4
    I love how QOTSA covers so much territory.  I'm surprised they are playing this many shows and keep adding more.  They gotta be burned out.  Guess not.  Guess you gotta work a lot to take 3 years off, unless you are PJ and make more off merch than concerts.  
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,579
    edited June 5
    Anyone get the Cinci presale password? I'm signed up for Queens and the venue, but haven't gotten anything.
    Got it :)
    Post edited by Gibson on
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2,

• Options
    I love how QOTSA covers so much territory.  I'm surprised they are playing this many shows and keep adding more.  They gotta be burned out.  Guess not.  Guess you gotta work a lot to take 3 years off, unless you are PJ and make more off merch than concerts. 
    You know you have the option to not renew your membership and move on from Pearl Jam, right? 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,639
    You know you have the option to not renew your membership and move on from Pearl Jam, right? 
    I wasn't digging at Pearl Jam.  Just saying that PJ can play an 8 show tour and call it a year, and likely because merch is so huge for them.  

I wish PJ played all of the random places that QOTSA does.  But...I wouldn't follow QOTSA on a tour though like I do PJ because their sets are so similar.  
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,254
    mickeyrat said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ultrapig said:

super small at that.
    thats what she said gifs  WiffleGif

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA