LizJLizJ Posts: 338
    QOTSA Hurricane Livestream starts in 30 minutes:

https://hurricane.de

• Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 803
    LizJ said:
    Robbert said:
    Amazing show on Pinkpop, opening with No one knows...just brilliant
    Yes, loved how the crowd sang along right away from the beginning. Good energy. 
    Are you going to see more QOTSA-shows this year? 
    Yesss, 4th of November in Amsterdam/Ziggo Dome. You?
  • Options
    Frankfurt and Düsseldorf in November 😄. 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Post edited by LizJ on
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,565
    Really liking Paper Machete
    +1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOvH44c7mF4
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,229
    Pap said:
    Really liking Paper Machete
    +1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOvH44c7mF4
    only listened to it a couple times so far, but right now that's my favorite song off the album. Can't wait to hear the new songs live!:smile:

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,368
    Anybody have a GITD record they want to sell me?
  • Options
    This will be likr Taylor Swifts release and have 8 different colors...  I believe we have 6 now?  Black, blue, green, red, bootleg green and GITD.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,925
    This will be likr Taylor Swifts release and have 8 different colors...  I believe we have 6 now?  Black, blue, green, red, bootleg green and GITD.
    This is the new norm. Just look at the chili peppers last year. U2 dropped a turd of an “album” with “reimaginings” of classic songs and even that came in a million colors. 

On another note, this is album of the year for me. If there is a better album that drops this year then man, I am a lucky music fan. I just don’t see it happening. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    This is the new norm. Just look at the chili peppers last year. U2 dropped a turd of an “album” with “reimaginings” of classic songs and even that came in a million colors. 

On another note, this is album of the year for me. If there is a better album that drops this year then man, I am a lucky music fan. I just don’t see it happening. 
    The Oh Sees are doing it too albeit much smaller press runs.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,130
    nicknyr15 said:

yeah this is great....perfect timing
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Love the new album. My favorite tracks are Time and Place, Carnavoyeur, Made to Parade and Straight Fitting Jacket but all the others are not far behind. We are gonna see them at the tour opener, and I cannot wait. I would only have preferred the show indoors. I like it nice and dark for qotsa and open air for PJ lol
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    Love this album
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,087
    this is why I'm done with the vinyl game. It's too expensive, it takes up too much room in the house, it's just a money-making venture now with all the stupid variants. it's taken the joy out of it for me. I'm keeping only what isn't available to stream and anything that is autographed. The rest I'm getting rid of. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    This is pretty awesome....

https://blood-records.co.uk/products/qotsa
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,565
    Pap said:
    Pap said:
    Reckless in Chicago is having a good old fashion midnight release opening tomorrow night. Posters, stickers and some surprises! If I could stay up past 9:30 I’d go!!
    I'm heading to my local indie record store (Pie & Vinyl) tomorrow night =) :

QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE MIDNIGHT CLUB⁠
    Join us on June 15th at 11pm to celebrate the release of “In Times New Roman…”⁠
    The owner handed us these goodie bags:

+ I entered 3 cool contests :wink:

Awesome. 
    I won a pair of tickets to see them in London this November! :smiley: Yoohoo! :triumph:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,337
    Pap said:
    Pap said:
    Pap said:
    Reckless in Chicago is having a good old fashion midnight release opening tomorrow night. Posters, stickers and some surprises! If I could stay up past 9:30 I’d go!!

Awesome. 
    I won a pair of tickets to see them in London this November! :smiley: Yoohoo! :triumph:

You are in for such a treat
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,639
    Pap said:
    Pap said:
    Pap said:

Awesome. 
    They're certainly worth the price of admission, but when it's free, even better!

Congrats & enjoy... like Mickey said, you're in for a treat. 
  • Options
    Pap said:
    Pap said:
    Pap said:

Awesome. 
    They're certainly worth the price of admission, but when it's free, even better!

I say that because I saw their first show out this year. HItting on all cylinders, having fun and just rocking the fuck out.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,639
    mickeyrat said:
    Pap said:
    Pap said:
    Pap said:

Awesome. 

I say that because I saw their first show out this year. HItting on all cylinders, having fun and just rocking the fuck out.
    Awesome to hear... the live streams looked great... and while I have seen them a couple times on an 'off' night for lack of a better term, the last two times I saw them in '17 & '18 were phenomenal shows. 

Can't wait for Portland. 
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Pap said:
    Pap said:
    Pap said:

Awesome. 

Awesome to hear... the live streams looked great... and while I have seen them a couple times on an 'off' night for lack of a better term, the last two times I saw them in '17 & '18 were phenomenal shows. 

Can't wait for Portland. 

• Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,020
    A few listens in now and starting to ‘feel it’. Great album! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    Pap said:
    Pap said:
    Pap said:

Awesome. 
    That’s awesome! Congratulations. 😄
  • Options
    A few listens in now and starting to ‘feel it’. Great album! 
    Yes, this album needs (and deserves) a few more listens (best with headphones). So much to discover. My favorites change everyday. There is only one song that I haven’t really connected with yet. And it’s funny that there were some, that I couldn’t appreciate in the beginning and now I’m blown away by them. 
    Straight Jacket Fitting! 🤯 The (Roadhause) Blues part, the strings and the instrumental part afterwards. Love the album.  
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    This “era” of the band (call it Like Clockwork through the present) might be my favorite and that’s pretty incredible for a band that’s been around for so long. If I was introducing someone to QOTSA, I think I may play them My God is the Sun or Smooth Sailing over the classic stuff from Deaf or Lullibies. Not saying the eras or better or worse, I’m just saying this band’s been so consistently good that the new stuff holds its own and then some against the old stuff. I can throw on a new song and confidently say to a new listener, “This is what Queens of the Stone Age sounds like.” I’m not doing that with Backspacer through Gigaton lol. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,633
    I would never recommend a non fan listen to any PJ record post Binaural.  Maybe Riot Act.  It isn’t the band I got hooked on.

But when I listen to this new QOTSA album I am thinking about how I can convince my niece and nephew to listen to it addition to what they like now.

Listened to a Josh Homme interview recently.  He was saying something to the effect of music genres are for high school kids and adults shouldn’t not like songs because it isn’t cool or hip.  His example was Toxic by Britney Spears. It is a great song.

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,633
    Paper Machete is so simple, but so damn catchy. It just has this momentum to it. 
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    I would never recommend a non fan listen to any PJ record post Binaural.  Maybe Riot Act.  It isn’t the band I got hooked on.

But when I listen to this new QOTSA album I am thinking about how I can convince my niece and nephew to listen to it addition to what they like now.

Listened to a Josh Homme interview recently.  He was saying something to the effect of music genres are for high school kids and adults shouldn’t not like songs because it isn’t cool or hip.  His example was Toxic by Britney Spears. It is a great song.

I was never a Britney fan but Toxic is awesome. I have been a fan of Mr. Homme and his music for a while now too.