Queens of the Stone Age

Comments

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,925
    GlowGirl said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    My brother in law offered me a ticket to the Forest Hill show here in NY! I’m not sure I want to attend the venue is not ideal for my taste.
    Jose, forest hills is an awesome venue. It’s not big, it’s mostly street parking. Easy in, easy out, not a bad seat in the house. 
    I didn’t realize it was the tennis stadium I thought it was an open field venue with no seats! That’s a game changer! Last show I saw at the stadium was the Talking Heads back in 80’s 
    Wow!!! Yea man. You should totally get tickets to this. I’ve never seen them
    before either and I cannot wait 
    Yeah I was with him yesterday and he offered the ticket I told him yes but was not sure if I really wanted to see them thinking the venue was different than the stadium! So yeah I do have a ticket 
    Where are u sitting? I have to come say hello to the legend Jose! Hahah
    He has the tickets I’m not sure where the seats are! Legend lol not a chance but yeah that would be cool are there any pubs around that neighborhood 
    Let me know if you all are meeting up somewhere before the show. It would be fun to have a preparty with the show being on a Saturday night.
    That sounds like a plan should be easy enough to do if any of you city folks know of any spots to meet up let me know I’ll be with three other people and two of them live in Queens 
    I’m not familiar with the area but there’s an awesome area with tons of great concession stands and places to hang before the show in the stadium 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,403
    We went to the Forest Hills Station House before MMJ and that was solid. There were a couple other places in that general area and a short walk to the venue. But yeah that concessions area is a decent hang if you just want to get in.
  • Options
    LizJLizJ Posts: 338
    nicknyr15 said:
    Video has been taken down. 
    Here is (still) the video of the whole show: 
    https://youtu.be/opLbtwxnHjw
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,318
    LizJ said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Video has been taken down. 
    Here is (still) the video of the whole show: 
    https://youtu.be/opLbtwxnHjw
    Glad I saw it this morning.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    LizJLizJ Posts: 338
    edited July 2023
    LizJ said:
    QOTSA playing at Festival Les Nuits De Fourviere tonight at 10:15 pm (CET). 
    The Festival has announced a livestream on their social media:https://www.arte.tv/fr/videos/115083-002-A/queens-of-the-stone-age/
    Not sure if there might be geoblocking. Website seems to be working for me. So just check it out. . 

Stream starts at 10:10 pm! 
    3 minutes to go 😃
    Post edited by LizJ on
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,448
    Ok I’ve been watching the stream of this France show and I have to be honest it’s not resonating with me at all! Not sure but I really don’t like his voice or these songs are just not my cup of tea, maybe if I see them live I’ll get into it
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,639
    Ok I’ve been watching the stream of this France show and I have to be honest it’s not resonating with me at all! Not sure but I really don’t like his voice or these songs are just not my cup of tea, maybe if I see them live I’ll get into it
    They were an acquired taste for me at first, but I’m glad I stuck with them. 

Definitely go to the FH show.   
  • Options
    SJF is an instant live classic for me. What an insane performance of that song. Can’t remember the last time I felt that about a brand new song from any band in a live setting. 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,368
    Cmon.  I'll take the choochoo in w you.  We can hang .
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,448
    Cmon.  I'll take the choochoo in w you.  We can hang .
    lol choochoo not sure I’m supposed to be going with my brother in law and his sister & husband  plenty of time before show but I’m sure we can all meet up there’s a few from here that are going! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    fl247556fl247556 Posts: 278
    That was great yesterday ! Much better live than tv !! New songs was very good. 
    freddie vedder
  • Options
    fl247556 said:
    That was great yesterday ! Much better live than tv !! New songs was very good. 
    I thought the stream was phenomenal. Looked like a great crowd too. 
  • Options
    Jealous of the people at the Blue stage today. 

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,087
    Hobbes said:
    LizJ said:
    Hobbes said:
    Secret song. :sunglasses:

Well, more of a song snippet.

*crickets*
    Do you mean the one on the vinyl? Side 4? It’s not on the CD, so I’ve only read about it. Different lyrics? 
    Yep, side 4 on the vinyl. Here's a listen (video is not mine):

https://youtube.com/shorts/xmNzfbCXq2M?feature=share
    that's Feel Good Hit of the Summer
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,339
    Hobbes said:
    LizJ said:
    Hobbes said:
    Secret song. :sunglasses:

Well, more of a song snippet.

*crickets*
    Do you mean the one on the vinyl? Side 4? It’s not on the CD, so I’ve only read about it. Different lyrics? 
    Yep, side 4 on the vinyl. Here's a listen (video is not mine):

https://youtube.com/shorts/xmNzfbCXq2M?feature=share
    that's Feel Good Hit of the Summer

with the closed groove
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,020
    Just finished a two week school break and hence having been listening to as much music during my work commute. First album I jumped back into was this one. Love it more and more with each listen. Took a little while to get there. It just grows on you. Haven’t given the new Foo Fighters record another look in since this record was released. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    Just finished a two week school break and hence having been listening to as much music during my work commute. First album I jumped back into was this one. Love it more and more with each listen. Took a little while to get there. It just grows on you. Haven’t given the new Foo Fighters record another look in since this record was released. 
    I'm having a hard time with it...
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,130
    I think it's great....their best since Lullabies in my opinion
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Love it too. No skips for me
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    I don't get what I'm missing...
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    It’s all good man. I’m sure you’re not the only
    one. Are you fan of the two albums
    before it? 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,229
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    before it? 
    Better Call Sauls Bob Odenkirk Just Cant Bring Himself to Say Goodbye to Saul  Goodman

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,229
    nicknyr15 said:
    you appear missing :wink:

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,676
    I never got into Villains but am really liking this new album. 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,633
    May 30th said:
    I never got into Villains but am really liking this new album. 
    That's interesting as I think the new one is in the same vein as Villians.  
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    before it? 
    Better Call Sauls Bob Odenkirk Just Cant Bring Himself to Say Goodbye to Saul  Goodman

Man do I miss the BB universe. 
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    The last 3 records on shuffle is magical. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,020
    To me, this one is better than Villains, for some reason it’s appealing to me more. Up there with and possibly better than Like Clockwork but that’s just an opinion. I know a lot of people here hold Like Clockwork in very high regard. My all time personal favourite is Songs for the Deaf.
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,633
    To me, this one is better than Villains, for some reason it’s appealing to me more. Up there with and possibly better than Like Clockwork but that’s just an opinion. I know a lot of people here hold Like Clockwork in very high regard. My all time personal favourite is Songs for the Deaf.
    We all have varying musical tastes so there is no right or wrong answer.  I like the new album, but I just can't see how anyone could put it in the same ballpark as Like Clockwork.  Maybe Like Clockwork is an outlier in their catalog.  
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    The last 3 records on shuffle is magical. 
    Good call, I have this going this morning.