Options

Queens of the Stone Age

Comments

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    This was my song of the day. That pipe (?) section. Gahhh. Pretty much anything starting from Time & Space on this album is amazing to me (the ones before that will grow on me too, I am sure). I listened while I was working in the garden, and yes, it is nice to be outdoors for this. I kind of wanna dust my hula hoop off too. As always, they get the hips moving and generate goosebumps.

• Options
    LB260405LB260405 Posts: 58
    Hobbes said:
    LizJ said:
    Hobbes said:
    Secret song. :sunglasses:

Well, more of a song snippet.

*crickets*
    Do you mean the one on the vinyl? Side 4? It’s not on the CD, so I’ve only read about it. Different lyrics? 
    Yep, side 4 on the vinyl. Here's a listen (video is not mine):

https://youtube.com/shorts/xmNzfbCXq2M?feature=share
    That's "Feel Good Hit of the Summer" from Rated R.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,282
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    LizJLizJ Posts: 338
    What I´ve learned from this: You need to snort crystal "lifer style", smoking it is the intro to homelessness.  =)=) But seriously: once again a very interesting (and open) conversation. Fascinating that he used to be still so high functioning while being strongly addicted for so many years. I am glad that he already experienced that making music /art is still possible while beeing clean. I think he mentioned in another interview that the music for ITNR was already finished 2 years ago and the lyrics were written last year. Don´t know when exactly he got clean but guess that he already was back then.

By the way there will be a Glastonbury live stream for tonight´s show on BBC´s iplayer. But you´ll need a vpn to watch it if you´re outside the UK.
  • Options
    Queens of the Stone Age - Live Session from WXPN 88.5 (World Cafe).

00:00 Carnavoyeur
    03:55 Emotion Sickness
    08:22 Straight Jacket Fitting

https://youtu.be/473HL3G-8xo

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,530
    mickeyrat said:You are in for such a treat
    Merkin Baller said: They're certainly worth the price of admission, but when it's free, even better!

Congrats & enjoy... like Mickey said, you're in for a treat. 
    LizJ said: That’s awesome! Congratulations. 😄
    Thank you guys! Can't wait until November! :rock_on:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,921
  • Options
    That is fantastic. Thanks MB!! 
  • Options
    Straight jacket fitting live debut! Never would have thought it would transition so well into the live environment. Fantastic how Josh made the crowd sing! 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,627
    All the new stuff sounds great, the band is on fire 

Bring on Portland. 
  • Options
    LukinAtULukinAtU Posts: 786
    have there been any posters for this tour? haven't seen any anywhere. not on any social media. plan on catching the show in Pittsburgh in early August. Expecting a kick ass show. caught them in St Paul a few years ago & Des Moines, IA, years ago in a little place. was fantastic
  • Options
    I saw a picture of the Halifax one online. 
    So there seem to be posters. 

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,418
    My brother in law offered me a ticket to the Forest Hill show here in NY! I’m not sure I want to attend the venue is not ideal for my taste.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,377
    My brother in law offered me a ticket to the Forest Hill show here in NY! I’m not sure I want to attend the venue is not ideal for my taste.
    What don't you like about it? Saw My Morning Jacket there and thought it was great.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,627
    Can't speak for the venue, but QOTSA is IMO the best band of the last 25 years. 

If you haven't yet, go see them ASAP. 
  • Options
    Jose, forest hills is an awesome venue. It’s not big, it’s mostly street parking. Easy in, easy out, not a bad seat in the house. 
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,530
    LizJ said:
    Straight jacket fitting live debut! Never would have thought it would transition so well into the live environment. Fantastic how Josh made the crowd sing! 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm9GkZhKCIM
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Jose, forest hills is an awesome venue. It’s not big, it’s mostly street parking. Easy in, easy out, not a bad seat in the house. 
    I didn’t realize it was the tennis stadium I thought it was an open field venue with no seats! That’s a game changer! Last show I saw at the stadium was the Talking Heads back in 80’s 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    I didn’t realize it was the tennis stadium I thought it was an open field venue with no seats! That’s a game changer! Last show I saw at the stadium was the Talking Heads back in 80’s 
    Wow!!! Yea man. You should totally get tickets to this. I’ve never seen them
    before either and I cannot wait 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Yeah I was with him yesterday and he offered the ticket I told him yes but was not sure if I really wanted to see them thinking the venue was different then the stadium! So yeah I do have a ticket 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Yeah I was with him yesterday and he offered the ticket I told him yes but was not sure if I really wanted to see them thinking the venue was different than the stadium! So yeah I do have a ticket 
    Where are u sitting? I have to come say hello to the legend Jose! Hahah
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Yeah I was with him yesterday and he offered the ticket I told him yes but was not sure if I really wanted to see them thinking the venue was different than the stadium! So yeah I do have a ticket 
    He has the tickets I’m not sure where the seats are! Legend lol not a chance but yeah that would be cool are there any pubs around that neighborhood 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,175
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    He has the tickets I’m not sure where the seats are! Legend lol not a chance but yeah that would be cool are there any pubs around that neighborhood 
    Let me know if you all are meeting up somewhere before the show. It would be fun to have a preparty with the show being on a Saturday night.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    QOTSA playing at Festival Les Nuits De Fourviere tonight at 10:15 pm (CET). 
    The Festival has announced a livestream on their social media:https://www.arte.tv/fr/videos/115083-002-A/queens-of-the-stone-age/
    Not sure if there might be geoblocking. Website seems to be working for me. So just check it out. . 

Post edited by LizJ on
  • Options
    fl247556fl247556 Posts: 275
    Ho yeah ! Like that i will see that just after the show !!
    freddie vedder
  • Options
    Man I wish there was a full rip of the debut of SJF. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Let me know if you all are meeting up somewhere before the show. It would be fun to have a preparty with the show being on a Saturday night.
    That sounds like a plan should be easy enough to do if any of you city folks know of any spots to meet up let me know I’ll be with three other people and two of them live in Queens