Options

Queens of the Stone Age

Comments

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,552
    Just checked my email and it's in Tennessee, Tennessee, Tennessee. and on the move!
    Kelly Magovern  Arrested Development - Tennessee MV Video
    A game of HORSESHOES 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,132
    Just checked my email and it's in Tennessee, Tennessee, Tennessee. and on the move!
    A game of HORSESHOES 
    Thank you for getting the reference!

Razzadon and Baba? they went down to Peachtree.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,387
    I ordered from the QOTSA site...no updates. Was hoping to spin this this weekend.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    A game of HORSESHOES 

I had an old roommate who would shout that horseshoes line out at the most random times... 20+ years later and that memory still makes me chuckle when I hear the song. 
    mfc2006 said:
    I ordered from the QOTSA site...no updates. Was hoping to spin this this weekend.
    Just got my shipping notice, but it's still not out the door... 'label created' is the current status according to USPS tracking. 

I was hoping to be able to spin the record & take in the album art for my first listen, but it looks like that won't be an option for a few days.... Still may hold out, tbd. 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,132
    A game of HORSESHOES 

I had an old roommate who would shout that horseshoes line out at the most random times... 20+ years later and that memory still makes me chuckle when I hear the song. 
    mfc2006 said:
    Just got my shipping notice, but it's still not out the door... 'label created' is the current status according to USPS tracking. 

I was hoping to be able to spin the record & take in the album art for my first listen, but it looks like that won't be an option for a few days.... Still may hold out, tbd. 
    So funny note on that band.  I was a HUGE fan and bought the album as soon as it came out and knew all the songs.  My buddy loved their version of "people everyday ".  Because I knew the background shout outs he would always rap the song and liked me being backup.

I could still do it today, lol.  It's tattooed in my memory.  "But he wouldn't stop, and I aint Ice Cube"  "WHO?!?"

Oh what a great band they could have been!
  • Options
    A game of HORSESHOES 

mfc2006 said:

So funny note on that band.  I was a HUGE fan and bought the album as soon as it came out and knew all the songs.  My buddy loved their version of "people everyday ".  Because I knew the background shout outs he would always rap the song and liked me being backup.

I could still do it today, lol.  It's tattooed in my memory.  "But he wouldn't stop, and I aint Ice Cube"  "WHO?!?"

Oh what a great band they could have been!
    I said 20+... damn, it's almost 30 years ago now that i think about it. 

They were a fun band... I don't know too much of their stuff, but very talented. 
  • Options
    CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    Mine arrived today from Bull Moose.  But I'm heading out the door and can't listen to it for a week.  Not the worst problem to have.  Hope everyone enjoys listening! 
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,254
    kasedoug said:
    kasedoug said:
    Anyone need a copy of the LP? I already received mine but I’m headed to one of the Midnight Club listening parties Thursday night and can grab someone a copy at cost. Your choice of color. Shipping (Media Mail) is on me. 

Please let me know. Thanks!
    My aLBUM  didn't show up yet. Boo.
    Haven't even got a shipping notice yet for mine.  :| 

Can someone let me know if the vinyl comes w/ a download code? 
    No download code.
    Thanks... that sucks, looks like I'll have to buy it on itunes as well as vinyl. 

At least I won't have to wait for the record to be delivered to listen. 
    Buy on iTunes?
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,442
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    kasedoug said:
    kasedoug said:
    Anyone need a copy of the LP? I already received mine but I’m headed to one of the Midnight Club listening parties Thursday night and can grab someone a copy at cost. Your choice of color. Shipping (Media Mail) is on me. 

No download code.
    Thanks... that sucks, looks like I'll have to buy it on itunes as well as vinyl. 

Buy on iTunes?
    Can't listen to the vinyl in my car or at work, so.... yeah. 
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,254
    kasedoug said:
    kasedoug said:

No download code.

Buy on iTunes?
    Are you buying albums one by one? You mean download the album with your subscription correct ?
  • Options
    kasedoug said:
    kasedoug said:

No download code.

Buy on iTunes?
    Are you buying albums one by one? You mean download the album with your subscription correct ?
    I don't have a subscription. 

Seems ridiculous, I know, but the instances where I do this are few & far between. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,900
    spotify is the way to go. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited June 2023
    I've tried it in the past, and should again I suppose... as far as subscription services go though, I have Sirius / XM, so I'm trying to avoid paying for multiple services. 

We're already doing that for tv... it's f'ing absurd. 
  • Options
    I've tried it in the past, and should again I suppose... as far as subscription services go though, I have Sirius / XM, so I'm trying to avoid paying for multiple services. 

i had apple music for years. But it kept fucking with my own uploaded music, changing artist names, song names, album artwork, etc, so it eventually pissed me off to the point I switched. won't ever go back. I hate to say it; as a holdout for years, I no longer buy much music. I have no more room for vinyl, don't buy cd's anymore unless it's a local band. 

I really hate not giving back to the artists as much as I did, but the industry has changed so much (no more cd players in cars was a big one for me). it's nearly impossible to even buy a cd player these days. So I gave up. Going to be selling nearly my whole physical collection on line soon. It all just sits there collecting dust. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,051
    Mine arrived in NYC but won’t get to my apartment until tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,017

I use Amazon Music through Prime...no major complaints

They used to allow you to upload your own music which was really nice. I uploaded all the PJ bootlegs that I had. But then they did away with that part.

My only complaint is that you can add songs to your library or playlist but then sometimes things change for some reason. Like songs I selected from a greatest hits album are no longer in my playlist but I can go to the same artist and add the songs from other albums. Not quite sure what the deal is there.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,211
    I apparently should have ordered from somewhere other than the band's store. Not even shipped yet!
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,048

Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    I apparently should have ordered from somewhere other than the band's store. Not even shipped yet!
    Same…. USPS still doesn’t have mine in their possession. 

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,211
    pjl44 said:
    Same…. USPS still doesn’t have mine in their possession. 

Ridiculous. Thank goodness for Tidal.
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,993
    First listen, a lot to take in! 👌
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    This excites me... my friend and I spent so much time discussing & breaking down Villains, there was so much to unpack on that album. 

I'm hoping the same for this one. 
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,442
    Pap said:
    Reckless in Chicago is having a good old fashion midnight release opening tomorrow night. Posters, stickers and some surprises! If I could stay up past 9:30 I’d go!!
    I'm heading to my local indie record store (Pie & Vinyl) tomorrow night =) :

QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE MIDNIGHT CLUB⁠
    Join us on June 15th at 11pm to celebrate the release of “In Times New Roman…”⁠
    The owner handed us these goodie bags:

+ I entered 3 cool contests :wink:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    WICKED!!!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Pap said:
    Pap said:
    Reckless in Chicago is having a good old fashion midnight release opening tomorrow night. Posters, stickers and some surprises! If I could stay up past 9:30 I’d go!!
    I'm heading to my local indie record store (Pie & Vinyl) tomorrow night =) :

QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE MIDNIGHT CLUB⁠
    Join us on June 15th at 11pm to celebrate the release of “In Times New Roman…”⁠
    The owner handed us these goodie bags:

+ I entered 3 cool contests :wink:

Awesome. 
  • Options
    I'm going to listen to it a few times today....

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,879
    I could already tell the few that didn’t grab me could end up being my favorites at the end of the day. That’s usually how it works. 
  • Options
    Really liking Paper Machete

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,584
    tbergs said:
    ...Like Clockwork released 10 years ago today :smile:
    Masterpiece of an album.
    It really is.