Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,909
    that was a great way to start my weekend
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    LizJLizJ Posts: 338
    Agree. Enjoyed that a lot and will be enjoying the new album even more this weekend. 
    Ah, and not to forget the coming livestream on Sunday. 😊
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,061
    Definitely in contention for album of the year for me.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    PJ, Eddie, guys... please take a note from this new Qotsa album. 

Venture out. Add some trippy grooves. Tempo changes 
  • Options
    Does the new vinyl come with lyrics?
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,032

yes. 2 separate inserts.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 841
    Emotion Sickness didn't grab me and considering Villains didn't either I was worried but the next few I've enjoyed. Just a pain the CD case is one of those poxy thin square ones.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,556
    Almost through my 2nd listen… it’s another masterpiece. 

Can’t wait for Portland. 
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

yes. 2 separate inserts.
    Thanks 👍
  • Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,275
    Loving the album!!!
    I don't suppose anyone happens to have a copy of the Glow In The Dark version that they might be willing to sell or trade??
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,882
    Man this album…… it’s just so fuckin good 
  • Options
    Just finished my second listen with headphones. Not one bad song on this Album. Some songs did grab me more than others, but over all amazing sound and loving the lyrics.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    LizJ said:
    Just finished my second listen with headphones. Not one bad song on this Album. Some songs did grab me more than others, but over all amazing sound and loving the lyrics.
    Even the ones that don’t grab me as much as others… there’s still so many awesome elements to them that keep me engaged. 

What an amazing album. 
  • Options
    Feeling the same. A lot of different things to discover/enjoy, even in „weaker“ songs. But to me there aren’t that many weaker songs anyways.
    This album definitely delivers, what I’ve enjoyed in the Queen’s music so far: there’s always change and surprising elements. 
    And reading/hearing some of the backstory to this album I appreciate the vulnerability or realness that is shown throughout. 
  • Options
    Btw if there should be any fellow Aussies here, it seems that QOTSA might be coming to Australia in 2024. 

There’s a contest on an Australian QOTSA record labels’ (or promoters?) website where it says that you can win tickets for their upcoming Australian tour in 2024. 

I find it possible that this might be true, as I’ve just recently seem a Dutch promoter advertising the upcoming Amsterdam concert before the EU-Tour was even announced. 😂
  • Options
    LizJ said:
    Btw if there should be any fellow Aussies here, it seems that QOTSA might be coming to Australia in 2024. 

There’s a contest on an Australian QOTSA record labels’ (or promoters?) website where it says that you can win tickets for their upcoming Australian tour in 2024. 

I find it possible that this might be true, as I’ve just recently seem a Dutch promoter advertising the upcoming Amsterdam concert before the EU-Tour was even announced. 😂
    There’s a contest here in the states to win tickets as well. 

• Options
    LizJ said:

But the North America-Tour has been announced already, right? 
    I meant that they are saying that there will be an Australian tour next year with this contest, although there is no announcement for 2024 and/or Australia yet. 
  • Options
    I think I might just have found another Festival stream on a dutch tv station’s website. Seems to be the actual stream for the Pinkpop Festival,
    where QOTSA gonna play in about 5 minutes 😊.
    I think The Script are on now.

• Options
    edited June 2023
    And yes! It’s working 😃. They are entering the stage. 

Update: That’s was a fun show. 
    There was so much more energy today compared to yesterday. Also from the crowd. 

And they played God is in the Radio dedicated to Mark Lanagan. 

Post edited by LizJ on
  • Options
    LizJ said:
    And yes! It’s working 😃. They are entering the stage. 

Update: That’s was a fun show. 
    There was so much more energy today compared to yesterday. Also from the crowd. 

And they played God is in the Radio dedicated to Mark Lanagan. 

That’s so fucking awesome. 
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,673
    edited June 2023
    Starting to play the album again.  So good. 

Loving the artwork on this one. Might be my favourite album cover this year. 
  • Options
    Pinkpop is replaying yesterday´s QOTSA performance at 10:45 CET (in 45 minutes) today here: https://3voor12.vpro.nl/
    They also have a playlist on youtube (3voor12) but it is not up there (yet?).

You can watch QOTSAs next performance on Hurricane Festival live tonight at 19:30 CET here https://hurricane.de/

There are also other livestreams today (e.g. Black Keys, RHCP, Placebo). I´ve made a thread for it. 
  • Options
    LizJ said:
    LizJ said:

I meant that they are saying that there will be an Australian tour next year with this contest, although there is no announcement for 2024 and/or Australia yet. 
    Gotcha. Hope some of the dates they announce are close to you.
  • Options
    Watched the Soutside stream start to finish last night. Good stuff.

Misfit Love was a great opener.
  • Options
    LizJ said:
    Pinkpop is replaying yesterday´s QOTSA performance at 10:45 CET (in 45 minutes) today here: https://3voor12.vpro.nl/
    They also have a playlist on youtube (3voor12) but it is not up there (yet?).

You can watch QOTSAs next performance on Hurricane Festival live tonight at 19:30 CET here https://hurricane.de/

There are also other livestreams today (e.g. Black Keys, RHCP, Placebo). I´ve made a thread for it. 
    Thanks for this!
  • Options
    LizJ said:
    LizJ said:

Gotcha. Hope some of the dates they announce are close to you.
    I see now, that I might have used the word fellow wrong 🙈.  Meant it in relation to being a fan of the band, not being Australian. 😂 Sorry. 
    These things happen when you’re writing on an English-speaking forum and English isn’t your first language. 

I am from Germany and am going to see them twice here in November. 
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 784
    Amazing show on Pinkpop, opening with No one knows...just brilliant
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Robbert said:
    Amazing show on Pinkpop, opening with No one knows...just brilliant
    Yes, loved how the crowd sang along right away from the beginning. Good energy. 
    Are you going to see more QOTSA-shows this year? 
    Post edited by LizJ on
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,753
    Great album. As always. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com