Options

Hartford 10C Ticket Debacle

Comments

• Options
    ekeel33ekeel33 Posts: 12
    It's a shame that an unbelievable setlist was wasted due to what sounds like a sub par venue at best.
  • Options
    upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    Its not your fault- this only happens once in a blue moon for a reason. And that reason is the venue fucked up!

That's what Im thinking, because no matter where I've been, I havent had any issue what so ever, whether it be chicago, indy, tampa, alpine, this tour or tours prior.

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• Options
    notarydponotarydpo Posts: 4
    It's not really cool to blame people in the line. Were some of them just getting wasted in the parking lot? No doubt. But I spoke to a good many who were out of work as soon as they could be, fought traffic on the way, and still arrived at the venue more than an hour before showtime, only to get in 6-10 songs into the set. Not sure where blame lies exactly, but to suggest people should just shape up and stop bitching is a pretty narrow view of the situation.
  • Options
    j13chadj13chad Posts: 29
    bat2144 wrote:
    I expect to be able to GET IN TO THE SHOW. Is that really unreasonable?

It was a weekday. Most adult humans have jobs. I got out as early as I could, as did my 3 friends from their 3 other jobs. Sorry for living 2 hours hours away and making a salary to support my eating and breathing addictions.

Then im not talking about you, I came with a group of 12 all spread out but they get with a big group of tailgaters outside, when we left there were at least 40 to 50 people that was 6:00 my own friends did'nt get in till 10:10 and all they wanted to do was blame ten club.I work to man, used personal days to see the greatest band in the world play Hartford, and both Mansfield shows. And they played there best ever in Hartford no riots like 1998.
  • Options
    dr teethdr teeth Posts: 115
    i was one of the ones that stood in line and listened to the first 9 songs from the parking lot and it was just sad.we eventually got in and don't get me wrong, they rocked the shit.....Garden was Awesome.......but at the end it just felt very incomplete......there has to be a better way of doing things.

people need to take responsibility for themselves as well as the ten club.we all paid 150 bucks for a pair of seats and there were alot of fuckin people who missed 1/3 or more of the show.that's just piss poor business no matter how you look at it.this is my first and hopefully last ten club complaint.
    jeter drinks wine coolers
  • Options
    J-PJ-P Posts: 16
    I hate this "blame the victims" crap some of you guys are giving us. You sound like angry dads telling us that "WELL YOU SHOULD'VE BEEN THERE 6 HOURS EARLY!" It is possible to blame the venue and not the people who paid money to wait 110 minutes in a line. I should not have to expect a two hour wait to pick up tickets when I pay money to be in a fan club. 10 Club is great and I'm glad to be in it but you can't blame a lot of us who were traveling from out of state and worrying about leaving work among other things in order to have a good night. Picking up tickets should be the last of our concerns.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    foucault wrote:
    Yep. After all that just to get inside, we got to our seats, which were occupied by a guy and girl, who just looked at us and shrugged when I told them they were in our seats. My girlfriend and I squeezed into one nearby seat until they left at the first encore break.
    why didn't you just get the usher?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    I hate to add to the negativity today but the 10C line before the show was INFUCKINGTOLERABLE

It was about 1/2 mile long and didn't move at all

I wound up missing SAD and fuckin ALL NIGHT which I can't believe

I never had to wait more than 20 minutes for tickets (even right before the show) and I was easily in line for 1 hr 15 minues

What a sick setlist and I missed so much of it

Lesson learned I guess but I don't see how they can't address this...free CLUB show in Hartford for 10C members might do it...lol
    "I hit like Mickey Mantle," Vedder said. "Hung over."
  • Options
    Last night's Ten Club ticket line was absolutely f-ing ridiculous. I'm still angry about it! My husband and I got in line at 8:00--which I don't think is an unreasonable time to try to pick up tickets when Pearl Jam is scheduled to go on at 9:15! I almost died when I saw the line. I have never, ever waited more than 10 minutes for tickets, and certainly didn't anticipate this debacle.....

We waited an hour and 40 minutes to get the tickets, missed 6-7 songs, oh--and I'm pretty sure I got the wrong tickets, too. It took me a couple of songs to calm down, I was so pissed off. Oh, and we were next to a seat-jumping a-hole.

Suckage! That said, Smile, Immmortality, and Garden were awesome!
    8/7/92, 4/12/94,10/2/96,9/15/98, 8/29/00,8/30/00,10/28/00,4/8/03,4/29/03, 7/2/03, 7/3/03, 7/11/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/25/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/20/10, 9/7/11, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 10/25/13, 12/6/13, 4/8/16, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 5/6/22, 5/7/22
  • Options
    Boy I guess I am one of the lucky ones who got there around 5:30. That traffic on I-84 needs some fixing because a 2 hr drive was 3 hr. I got my tickets in literally 3 minutes but thats because that was the first thing I took care of was get my tickets, then I started tailgating with my buddies. But when I went to my car around 8 to get everything I needed before I went into the show. I saw that line and I thought it was line to get in but nope it was for the Ten Club Ticket Holders. I am sorry guys. I loved the show last night, Went to both MSG's and Roo and man they rocked with songs I didn't hear all summer so far. Hopefully Boston great everyone enjoy back to home for me :-(

Peace

Matt
  • Options
    j13chad wrote:
    what do you expect if you pick up your tickets at 8:00 I was in hartford by 5:30 was in ten club ticket line all of five minutes. people quit getting drunk
    in the parking lot walk up and get your tix, dont blame ten club because you guys are to good to see the opening band, which I never heard of but they
    rocked anyway. so quit whinning and go get your tix.

don't hurt your shoulder patting yourself on the back, fella. I left my house 5 hours prior to show time, with a 3 hour drive ahead of me. When we hit I-95, we were greeted almost immediatley with a sign that said

22 mile delay

can you even comprehend what a 22 mile delay is? As I said in another thread, I guess I should have been smart like you and left at 10 AM so I could pick up tickets when the window opened. My 2 year old could have kept an eye on my 2 month old until Mommy got home from work at 4 PM
  • Options
    maybe they should make the boot for this show available for free.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,885
    maybe they should make the boot for this show available for free.

Its gonna hurt for the people who were stuck in line to listen to these songs anyway.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    UndyTakerUndyTaker Posts: 358
    Got on line around 8:10pm because of the awful traffic and terrible, terrible Google Maps directions, and when I finally picked up my tix they were already playing ALL NIGHT. I figured I was going to be shut out for a poster when I got there, but to miss songs and stand on line for an hour and fifteen minutes is really fucking unacceptable. Thanks, Fartford.

And I saw a cop pepper spraying kids who were trying to run up the hill by the broken fence after the show.
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    How is it the venues fault that you waited in the 10C line? Correct me if i'm wrong but in the 56 shows I've been to 10C ticket distribution is always run by the 10C. Right down to handing you your tickets. A line is a line.

The problem seems to be that everyone showed up at the same time to get their tickets and the system got overwhelmed somehow (maybe computer issue?).

Granted security sucks at the venue but I don't see how they're to blame for 10C tix. As someone said earlier they watched while people who bought tix through the venue or Ticketmaster walked right in.

beyond that, very sorry to hear some of you missed so many songs. Thats unfortunate
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    That's easy for you to say you don't live in CT. I was out there in that line too but I don't advocate on playing there any more. Mistakes were made that's true but you don't blow up the bridge because there is a crack in the pavement. Just figure out what went wrong and fix it.
    Hail Hail The Lucky Ones!!!

Saratoga 92, Hartford 96, Hartford 98, Jones Beach 3 00, Mansfield 1 03, Mansfield 2 03, Camden 1 03, MSG 1 03, MSG 2 03, Mansfield 3 03, Holmdel 03, Boston 1 04, Albany 06, Hartford 06, East Rutherford 1 06, Camden 2 08, MSG 1 08, MSG 2 08, Hartford 08, Mansfield 1 08, Mansfield 2 08, Spectrum 4 09, Hartford 10, MSG 1 10, MSG 2 10, EV Hartford 11, Philly 12, Brooklyn 1 13, Brooklyn 2 13, Hartford 13, MSG 1 16, MSG 2 16, Fenway 1 16, Temple Of The Dog MSG 16
  • Options
    It wasn't just everyone showing up at once. If that were the case we would have moved, even just a little bit. We stood still for a good 45 minutes or more. Noone was getting tickets. Just to show an example of the incompetence, they broke the line down by alphabet. 5 groups. One of the groupings was

L-M
  • Options
    AudreyAudrey Posts: 9
    I got to the line around 8pm and it was super long. When I went up to the front to check out the situation I noticed that they had everyone in one line for will call and for fanclub. HOWEVER....they had the ten club section blocked off and there was a venue worker letting people through the gate one by one. To top it off they only had a few (maybe 5) windows open for the fanclub tickets when there were probably 7-10 windows open for will call. I was an ass and decided to sneak in line. Still, we missed the first 20+ minutes of the show walking in during Elderly Woman. I have seen them 30 times and I have never had an issue with picking my tickets up right before the show. Had I waited in line the whole time I wouldn't have made it in there until the first encore! (that's when the ppl in front of us made it in) Since this was my boyfriend's first PJ show I was not about to let that happen.

It seems it was more of a venue management issue than a 10c issue. However, I'm hoping this incident will prompt them to consider other options. Like, emailing the tickets to us the day of the show which we can then print out. Or maybe they print your name on the tickets (like in 1996) and have you present ID when you enter the venue. All I know is that some of us are unable to get to the venue at 2:00 PM as we are working (in order to earn $$ to pay for all these PJ shows).

I do have one suggestion for the other clubbers out there...when you do pick up your tickets, can you please wait to look at where your seats are until after you have exited the line?! I noticed quite a few people who held up the line because they were taking their sweet time to examine there tickets! Especially after waiting in that line....you should be considerate of the others and hustle. Keep it movin'.............

All in all...amazing show, loved every moment of it as always!
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,504
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    And that reason is the venue fucked up!

That is usually the case. the 10c can only do so much. they cant control every worker and every computer at every venue.

It really sucks for those that couldnt get tickets quick enough.

Look at it this way....the Canadian tour, the VFC tour, this tour....they are like warm up tours....

i think when they tour next year in support of their new album, they will have some of the kinks worked out.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    How is it the venues fault that you waited in the 10C line? Correct me if i'm wrong but in the 56 shows I've been to 10C ticket distribution is always run by the 10C. Right down to handing you your tickets. A line is a line.

The problem seems to be that everyone showed up at the same time to get their tickets and the system got overwhelmed somehow (maybe computer issue?).

Granted security sucks at the venue but I don't see how they're to blame for 10C tix. As someone said earlier they watched while people who bought tix through the venue or Ticketmaster walked right in.

beyond that, very sorry to hear some of you missed so many songs. Thats unfortunate

Not True, MSG NO ONE had a problem getting tickets. it is a properly run Arena, worlds most famous as well. I got my tickets early and got in, saw the whole show, but what I saw was nonsense. That line did not move for an hour +. Hartford is a mess. I probably will not go back there even tho it was an amazing show.
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    Audrey wrote:
    I'm hoping this incident will prompt them to consider other options. Like, emailing the tickets to us the day of the show which we can then print out. Or maybe they print your name on the tickets (like in 1996) and have you present ID when you enter the venue. !

Yeah, i agree with you here. They make you pick up the tix there to avoid the whole scalping thing but there has to be a better way than the old fashioned way.
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    joebotjoebot Posts: 372
    Bumper to bumper traffic from Brooklyn to Hartford ( 5 and a half hour drive and I left at 2 in the afternoon!)
    Horrific, maddening 10c line situation (2 hour wait coupled with watching countless people scamming and cutting)
    Having the will call line right next to the 10c line, right next to the main entrance is just moronic. There was no one directing the human traffic or trying get the lines organized. I blame the venue and staff for not adapting to the cluster fuck situation and getting organized.

That said:
    Fucking Amazing Show!!
    For me after MSG 1 this was it!
    Hands down best setlist of the tour!
    They were incredible!

Everything else about the experience was not.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i will never understand peopel waiting until 8pm to pick up their tickets...

it is the first thing i do when i arrive at the venue, everytime
  • Options
    TauranTauran Posts: 89
    I have always made it to Pearl Jam shows hours early and got in as the doors opened. Honestly it is nobodies fault but your own if you show up around 8:00. Better to be safe and get there early, than sorry.

Also, I always catch the opener. I like hearing new music (or most any music for that matter) and I feel like I get more of my money's worth. I feel like its disrespectful to skip an opening band, and you might see an Ed pre-set to boot.

~tauran
    Cleveland '03 -Columbus '03 -Toledo '04 -Cleveland '06 -Pittsburgh '06 -Cincinnati '06 - Chicago '07 - Columbus '10 - Cleveland '10 - Pittsburgh '13 - Cincinnati '14 - Detroit '14 - Lexington '16 - Wrigley '16 - Wrigley '18
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    i will never understand peopel waiting until 8pm to pick up their tickets...

it is the first thing i do when i arrive at the venue, everytime

i always get my tickets first thing, too, but sometimes people don't have the luxury of getting the day off work and they may end up at the venue extremely late. I'm also in the REM fan club, and we caught them in atlanta last week. They used Music Today for the fan club pre-sale, we got our tickets via fed ex two weeks before the gig. To insure scalpers don't get their hands on tickets, REM will void out any ticket that shows up on e-bay or a broker site. The whole process was incredibly smoothe. PJ should really consider mailing tickets out. Sure, you might get one or two pairs showing up on e-bay for a crazy ammount of cash, but it'll stop all the shennanigans that seem to be going on lately. It's got to be hard for a small outfit like the 10C to handle such a massive ammount of people in a short time, and 10C employees can't watch venue employees every second. Plus, I'd rather have tickets in hand, especially if I'm traveling for a show.
    I like bands.
  • Options
    FiveB247xFiveB247x Posts: 2,330
    I was at the show last night and here's my 2cents:

10C was not to blame for the big ticket problem.
    First and most importantly, the venue had horrible security which made the wait so much worse! Instead of having straight lines with baracades to the box office, they were bottle necking everyone into literally, an opening which only like 1-2 people could walk through at a time, which once you got through this, you'd have a few minute wait for your tickets (feet from the actual windows). This is what caused the big wait and problem, not the 10C. It was the venue's system and their security's doing, not the 10C.

Secondly, lots of people showed up late to get their tickets from either long drives or tailgaiting.

But overall it was the venue's poor planning and security that caused this big mess, not the 10C.
    CONservative governMENt

Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a law-breaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. - Louis Brandeis
  • Options
    I don't see how someone could possibly blame the FANS for the situation. I too made the "mistake" of arriving in the line exactly at 8 PM. After driving from Boston, I chose to go out for dinner with a friend I had not seen for a long time. I could have NEVER imagined having to wait 2 hours in a ticket line.

There were no drunken fans around me who had waited until the last minute. People were very concerned and trying to patient but (as others have said) that line really did not move for close to an hour. I felt terribly for those around me, some of whom this was their only show. There must have been several hundred people still out there as we walked in, having missed 6 or 7 songs. I kept thinking about them during the show.

That being said, I have learned my lesson about ticket pick-up and will make sure to be in Mansfield a full 3 hours before show time.

And man, it was an absolutely KILLER show! I did not let my unfortunate experience affect my enjoyment of what I got to witness last night.

I still consider myself very lucky. Hopefully my ticket karma will be good tonight :-)
  • Options
    I in no way blame 10C. I don't think it's possible for them to control every aspect of ticket pickup. But I do hope they keep it in mind when booking venues in the future.

I wish it were possible to have an email ticket pickup option on the day of the show.

Were there really 4800 10C tickets? Despite the occasional/rare problem like this, we are lucky people.
  • Options
    jchais01jchais01 Posts: 129
    I waited in this miserable line but managed to get to my seats by the end of Can't Keep. I feel terrible for those of you that waited any longer than that. This in NO WAY is fan-club members faults. We are used to 10 minutes line for fan club seats, not the 1HR+ debacle that took place in Hartford. This venue was completely unprepared and unable to handle the situation. What a dissapointment!
    "Delight in Our Youth"
  • Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    me and my best friend got to the venue at 7:45, well over an hour before they were supposed to take the stage, and when we got there there was already a fucking HUGE line! so it's obviously not the fact that everyone showed up at 8 to get their tickets. we waited 2 FUCKING hours before we got inside the show, missing 5 songs (can't keep, god's dice, and last exit being some of my favorite songs.) and there was STILL an enormous line! i felt so bad about those people i couldn't really enjoy myself! and everyone saying how awesome the show was is really making me feel more like shit. and we got there at the time we did why? because of the hours upon hours of traffic. and we dont have a car, so we had to ride on this unairconditioned chinatown bus the entire way. and, for a while, i believe they only had one person working to give out the 10c tickets.

what really sucks is that the people who couldn't get in were the ones that care more about the band. now im not saying everyone who was inside without 10c tickets werent 10c members or that some of them dont care less, or that everyone on the 10c line absolutely cares about the band. there will always be exceptions. but the majority of the people who couldnt see the show were big enough fans to join the fan club. i say we should get a free show for all of us in that excruciating line! and NOT in hartford!
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!