Options

Hartford 10C Ticket Debacle

Comments

• Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    morphine wrote:
    Got there at 7.30, picked up tickets in less than 10 minutes...

I am pretty sure I was in line to pick-up my tickets around 7:45 and I was in line for about 10-15 minutes, not too long, definitely glad it worked out for me as I couldn't believe how shitty that night would have been if I had to wait for 90 minutes or so like some of the other people have stated.
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    kostekkostek Posts: 15
    any word from 10c? can somebody PLEASE at least say sorry to us - it is their fault as it is the venue fault. 10c sold us the tickets, they should have made sure that the venue handles it properly. 450,000 people at $15 per year is a lot of money - make it work properly.

i am trying to find an email to the dodge center and bash them (might go straight to live nation). if anybody has done that already - pls let me know.

i got there around 8 (again, the 22 mile delay mentioned here, leaving worke etc. plus this was my girlfriends first PJ show and my friend took a 16h flight to see PJ with us!!) and got into the venue at song 8

on top of the absolute lack of org at the venue, i have to say that some of our fellow 10c members are totall assholes as well - the amount of cutting the line between 815-945 was insane. i went in front and tried to talk to the venue management / police to at least put one person on each side of the line to stop people from creating a huge bottleneck - no result of any kind. there were... 2 venue employees in front and they had no walkie-talkies to even get in touch with their "managers", one of whom i saw - running around like a madman - spoke with him and he could grasp the idea of using those steel bars to regulate the line / stop people from cutting.

i ended up getting into the show, but felt SO SAD, my gf and i got into our seats and i just couldnt get into the show - normally i am pumped HOURS before and this time, when we were supposed to share this experience - no dice.

so, i ask again - 10c - can we get some kind of explanation / 'we re sorry' email that will make us feel better?
  • Options
    grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    It is weird that things didn't start getting out of hand until 7:45 or 8:00. I got in line around 6:30 and had my tickets by 6:40. I waited much longer in D.C. to get my tickets and that was between 3:00 and 4:00 in the afternoon.

I'm sorry to hear it was such a debacle.
  • Options
    bat2144bat2144 Posts: 33
    Bump.

Still no response from 10c.

Not cool guys.

Just acknowledge what some of us went through. Please. I don't think anyone is asking for more than that.

The show was ruined for a lot of us BECAUSE we had fanclub seats instead of ticketmaster seats. I passed up about 10 scalpers selling lawn seats since I didn't think I would actually miss part of the show. Hindsight is 20/20. Had I known, I would've scalped lawn seats at 8:30.

It's really hard to just forget about this. Any word from the 10c might help put some closure on it.
    i was a fool b/c i thought the world
  • Options
    FiveB247xFiveB247x Posts: 2,330
    Stop bashing the 10C. This wasn't their fault. They don't control a venue's security, nor the proceedures for handing out the tickets at the venue's ticket boothes. They go with what they're given. The Hartford venue and security were totally at fault for all this. It's not the 10C's fault whatsoever, not to mention they don't control when people decide to pick up their tickets (late or early). If you don't like how you got your tickets, perhaps, just get them through ticketmaster yourself next time and you can't blame the 10C?
    CONservative governMENt

Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a law-breaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. - Louis Brandeis
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    grjammer wrote:
    It is weird that things didn't start getting out of hand until 7:45 or 8:00. I got in line around 6:30 and had my tickets by 6:40. I waited much longer in D.C. to get my tickets and that was between 3:00 and 4:00 in the afternoon.

I'm sorry to hear it was such a debacle.
    Why is that weird???
    THOUSANDS of people rushing to get their tix....yeah, there is going to be a clusterfuck.

Also, I tried to warn everyone about traffic coming from nyc on a friday...it is brutal.
    THOUSANDS of regular people trying to get home on top of all of us trying to get to the show.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,493
    FiveB247x wrote:
    Stop bashing the 10C. This wasn't their fault. They don't control a venue's security, nor the proceedures for handing out the tickets at the venue's ticket boothes. They go with what they're given. The Hartford venue and security were totally at fault for all this. It's not the 10C's fault whatsoever, not to mention they don't control when people decide to pick up their tickets (late or early). If you don't like how you got your tickets, perhaps, just get them through ticketmaster yourself next time and you can't blame the 10C?

EXACTLY

Dont hold your breath for some kind of explanation. there is always a chacne that the 10c line will be huge-its comes with the territory

and Trix sorry I missed you guys, I heard the pre party was a lot of fun
  • Options
    dr teethdr teeth Posts: 115
    the worst for me, along with missing the first ten songs, is that i wanted to hear all night in the worst way......went to both mansfield shows and figured i would catch it there......but nope..........the band owes me a live performance of all night!
    jeter drinks wine coolers
  • Options
    dr teeth wrote:
    the worst for me, along with missing the first ten songs, is that i wanted to hear all night in the worst way......went to both mansfield shows and figured i would catch it there......but nope..........the band owes me a live performance of all night!

brilliant
    the band does a mini tour for the fans and they OWE YOU

jeeze louise

some of these posts are just silly
    like this one
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    EXACTLY

Dont hold your breath for some kind of explanation. there is always a chacne that the 10c line will be huge-its comes with the territory

and Trix sorry I missed you guys, I heard the pre party was a lot of fun
    This coming from the guy who rocked the front row with one of the nicest people on this board.
    :p
    We will kick it soon. :)
    It was fun! I met 2 people that tried to dine and dash...2 people from Holland, not Amsterdam, hung with my friend Steve, met a few other cool souls...it was way too crowded in there for me...I was on the sidewalk or in the window. :)
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    This coming from the guy who rocked the front row with one of the nicest people on this board.
    :p
    We will kick it soon. :)
    It was fun! I met 2 people that tried to dine and dash...2 people from Holland, not Amsterdam, hung with my friend Steve, met a few other cool souls...it was way too crowded in there for me...I was on the sidewalk or in the window. :)

he he-you heard about that....:)
    Agreed he is a great guy and we had a blast rocking the joint.
    fourth row actually there were three pit rows gosh darn it :p

ah if it was too crowded I would have been outta there.......

dine and dash? I havent even heard that phrase in 10 years!
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    he he-you heard about that....:)
    Agreed he is a great guy and we had a blast rocking the joint.
    fourth row actually there were three pit rows gosh darn it :p

ah if it was too crowded I would have been outta there.......

dine and dash? I havent even heard that phrase in 10 years!
    I was fortunate enough to meet Jose at the meetup and he told me. He is an awesome person. :)
    These 2 guys tried to dine and dash...they gave me their seats when they were heading over and the waitress comes over, asks where those guys went, I said they left, she yells F*&K! , throws down her waitress book and hustles outside...we point her which way...couple minutes later, here she comes with one in tow and she is piggyback on the other one. :p
    It was so funny.

Yay Hartford show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    i don't have a problem saying this band owes me.you know how much $ i have put into this band over the past 12 years of my life...........

enough to have a really really nice car......so they can do me a favor once and a while......
  • Options
    ekeel33 wrote:
    It's a shame that an unbelievable setlist was wasted due to what sounds like a sub par venue at best.

I live in the area and while the venue sucks...it happened at the Gorge and other places too...the bottomline line is unless you have the day off from work and get in the ticket line sometime near 2pm when it opens...you cant complain.
    "Sometimes I burn like a dot on the sun
    With no one knowing..."
  • Options
    jimc3jimc3 Posts: 230
    I was there on Friday and here is what I think happened.

The Dodge center has an insanely poor parking system. There are 2 main "free" lots and one other "free" lot about a 7-8 min walk away. I say "free" because you don't have to pay, but there is a $6 parking fee included on your ticket.

Then there are all these non-venue lots that charge $20 - $25. You see these before you see the "free" ones (and they are open much earlier). So when you are thinking about getting in some nice tailgaiting time, you have a choice to make. Do I suck it up and spend the extra $ so I get in an extra 1/2 or so or tailgaiting (plus get out of there quicker later)? or do I wait in traffic and go to the "free" lots (which I think, correct me if I'm wrong - didn't open until around 6)? some of these non-venue lots are also a significant (~10 min) walk to the ticket window.

so again, tough choices. with work and traffic, if you went to one of the non-venue lots, you would have had to have forfieted your whole tailgaiting time because it would have taken you 10 mins to walk over there, 20-30 mins to wait in line, 10 mins to walk back to your car and then ANOTHER 10 to walk back to go in. tailgaiting is not just fun but cost-efficient as well - considering the prices of beers inside. there are no bars around the Dodge like there are at many other places either. it's the parking lot or inside, period.

so what you have is a situation where people who have been to tons of shows and never had any real ticket pick-up problems say, if I get on line at 8, and PJ takes the stage at 9:15, there is no way it will take and hour and 15 mins. so they either go to one of the non-venue lots that are far away, or the "free" lots that don't open up until pretty late in the afternoon. either way, that's a ton of people waiting until 7:30 / 8 ish to get in line. And all for reasons that legitimately make sense.

I, unlike many others, have had 10C ticket pick-up problems in the past. so I get on line as early as humanly possible. in this case it meant giving up an hour of tailgaiting and spending probably $50 for beer inside all told. But I wouldn't have enjoyed myself anyway without the peace of mind of having my tickets in hand.

So I got in line around 6:45. The line was slow but moving. When I got into the 10C ticket fenced-in area, there were NO alpha break-outs of the lines. I have never seen this before. the Dodge center employees were taking members ID's to the back and getting the tix from the 10c employees. I got my tix about 7:15. Not a problem but not terrificly smooth either.

My buddy and I then went to meet some other friends, and by 8pm we started to go in. I obviously noticed the 10C line and was astounded.

So...what I think happened was, around 7:30 - 7:45 the 10C employees, based on experience, noticed that there were still a TON of tix left to distribute. Since the line was moving pretty slow as it was, they probably said to the Dodge people, look - unless you want a real mess on your hands, just listen to us and let us do the alpha-break out lines. this probably resulted in a 10 - 15 minute arguement/discussion and when decided on prob took another 15 - 20 mins to impliment. this change in tactics, which obviously happened since people after this time are reporting there WERE alpha-sorted lines, obviously slowed things down to a crawl. Compound that with all of the people who got in line later than they normally would care to - it was the friggin perfect storm.

mostly the venue's fault - for the natural set-up of it, the parking retardedness, and them not listening to the 10C on the best way to do it until it was too late.
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    brilliant
    the band does a mini tour for the fans and they OWE YOU

jeeze louise

some of these posts are just silly
    like this one

right...they did it ONLY for us. it has NOTHING to do with the millions of dollars that were generated on this mini tour. :rolleyes: gimme a break!
  • Options
    jimc3 wrote:
    I was there on Friday and here is what I think happened.

The Dodge center has an insanely poor parking system. There are 2 main "free" lots and one other "free" lot about a 7-8 min walk away. I say "free" because you don't have to pay, but there is a $6 parking fee included on your ticket.

Then there are all these non-venue lots that charge $20 - $25. You see these before you see the "free" ones (and they are open much earlier). So when you are thinking about getting in some nice tailgaiting time, you have a choice to make. Do I suck it up and spend the extra $ so I get in an extra 1/2 or so or tailgaiting (plus get out of there quicker later)? or do I wait in traffic and go to the "free" lots (which I think, correct me if I'm wrong - didn't open until around 6)? some of these non-venue lots are also a significant (~10 min) walk to the ticket window.

so again, tough choices. with work and traffic, if you went to one of the non-venue lots, you would have had to have forfieted your whole tailgaiting time because it would have taken you 10 mins to walk over there, 20-30 mins to wait in line, 10 mins to walk back to your car and then ANOTHER 10 to walk back to go in. tailgaiting is not just fun but cost-efficient as well - considering the prices of beers inside. there are no bars around the Dodge like there are at many other places either. it's the parking lot or inside, period.

so what you have is a situation where people who have been to tons of shows and never had any real ticket pick-up problems say, if I get on line at 8, and PJ takes the stage at 9:15, there is no way it will take and hour and 15 mins. so they either go to one of the non-venue lots that are far away, or the "free" lots that don't open up until pretty late in the afternoon. either way, that's a ton of people waiting until 7:30 / 8 ish to get in line. And all for reasons that legitimately make sense.

I, unlike many others, have had 10C ticket pick-up problems in the past. so I get on line as early as humanly possible. in this case it meant giving up an hour of tailgaiting and spending probably $50 for beer inside all told. But I wouldn't have enjoyed myself anyway without the peace of mind of having my tickets in hand.

So I got in line around 6:45. The line was slow but moving. When I got into the 10C ticket fenced-in area, there were NO alpha break-outs of the lines. I have never seen this before. the Dodge center employees were taking members ID's to the back and getting the tix from the 10c employees. I got my tix about 7:15. Not a problem but not terrificly smooth either.

My buddy and I then went to meet some other friends, and by 8pm we started to go in. I obviously noticed the 10C line and was astounded.

So...what I think happened was, around 7:30 - 7:45 the 10C employees, based on experience, noticed that there were still a TON of tix left to distribute. Since the line was moving pretty slow as it was, they probably said to the Dodge people, look - unless you want a real mess on your hands, just listen to us and let us do the alpha-break out lines. this probably resulted in a 10 - 15 minute arguement/discussion and when decided on prob took another 15 - 20 mins to impliment. this change in tactics, which obviously happened since people after this time are reporting there WERE alpha-sorted lines, obviously slowed things down to a crawl. Compound that with all of the people who got in line later than they normally would care to - it was the friggin perfect storm.

mostly the venue's fault - for the natural set-up of it, the parking retardedness, and them not listening to the 10C on the best way to do it until it was too late.

again...all fine to be angry, but unless you took off from work and picked up tickets at around 2 then you really cant complain. I took days off from work for Both MSG and Both Mansfield and already had the day off for Hartford...I made the arrangements so I wouldnt get screwed. I was at Gor1 in 06 and the line was insane as well...all you can do is make sure it doesnt happen to u again. If you have to work or cant get there when ticket window opens at 2...then fine...we all know life gets in the way sometimes, but you cant blame the venue for that...sometimes this stuff happens...its on u to make sure you dont get screwed again.
    With no one knowing..."
  • Options
    again...all fine to be angry, but unless you took off from work and picked up tickets at around 2 then you really cant complain. I took days off from work for Both MSG and Both Mansfield and already had the day off for Hartford...I made the arrangements so I wouldnt get screwed. I was at Gor1 in 06 and the line was insane as well...all you can do is make sure it doesnt happen to u again. If you have to work or cant get there when ticket window opens at 2...then fine...we all know life gets in the way sometimes, but you cant blame the venue for that...sometimes this stuff happens...its on u to make sure you dont get screwed again.

um, did you read my post?

where was I "angry"?

if you actually read my post you'd see that I DID get in line as early as possible. I wasn't angry at all. I just felt really bad for the people who waited for so long. I don't think 90% of them did anything wrong - based on the parking situation and their past experiences of not waiting that long.

all I'm saying is, people got royally screwed - the venue and it's employees are MOSTLY (not totally) to blame. this is a FACT because the system they chose to use changed in mid-execution (it went from no alpha-sorted lines to alpha-sorted lines). I think it is fair to say this was a Dodge center fault because the 10C always has alpha-sorted lines from the beginning. I don't think it's a coincidence that the one time a non alpha-sorted line was used as the initial system ended in this fiasco.
  • Options
    right...they did it ONLY for us. it has NOTHING to do with the millions of dollars that were generated on this mini tour. :rolleyes: gimme a break!
    never said that-thats what bonaroo was about
    but they put together the rest of the tour for the fans-and the money yes-but if it was all about money the tix would have been $150 like uncle neil

my point was that they dont owe you anything except to play live for your ticket price
    you pays your money and takes your chances-like every other freaking band
  • Options
    jimc3 wrote:
    um, did you read my post?

where was I "angry"?

if you actually read my post you'd see that I DID get in line as early as possible. I wasn't angry at all. I just felt really bad for the people who waited for so long. I don't think 90% of them did anything wrong - based on the parking situation and their past experiences of not waiting that long.

all I'm saying is, people got royally screwed - the venue and it's employees are MOSTLY (not totally) to blame. this is a FACT because the system they chose to use changed in mid-execution (it went from no alpha-sorted lines to alpha-sorted lines). I think it is fair to say this was a Dodge center fault because the 10C always has alpha-sorted lines from the beginning. I don't think it's a coincidence that the one time a non alpha-sorted line was used as the initial system ended in this fiasco.

no alpha sorted line at MSG 1 this year...just random windows for those who were lined up for over an hour from 2-3pm while MSG had no idea what to do either...again...stop blaming venues and if you try to get their at 2...even if you wait in line for 6 hours....you still see all of Pearl Jam
    With no one knowing..."
  • Options
    ReverbReverb Posts: 34
    Its not 10c's fault, not the band's fault, not the fans fault. Its the venue's management. They have a bad will call / 10c / entrance layout and their staff moves like molasses.

At the window, once presented an ID, the staff spent approx. 3 minutes retreiving each fans tickets. If you are 10 back in line, thats 30+ minutes! Their system was to take your ID, walk back to a side room, rummage through a single tray of thousands of envelopes to find yours, walk back and have you sign the envelope. At 7:15pm, with 5 windows open each with 9 people in each line, the wait was 25 mins, and I thought that was bad. When I got out at 7:45, the line grew to hundreds.
  • Options
    the bottom line is that a while ago ten club decided we were all gonna pick up our tickets at the venue instead of them mailing them to us.......from that point on it is the ten club's responsibility as a business to make sure everything that encompasses them goes smoothly........it sucks, but this ticket bullshit is on them, even if they did put it on the venue, it was their choice to do it that way.we should all hope for better luck next time even though it shouldn't be that way.

and i don't give a fuck what anyone says.the band owes me all night live!
  • Options
    PearlJenPearlJen Seattle Posts: 30
    I have been a member since 1994-ish and got limited view seats, as well. I know the 10Club has to deal with the venue, radio stations, etc., but I would so much rather be several rows back and in the center, than WAY off to the side with a limited view but closer to the stage. This is the second Hartford show I have been to and had almost the exact same seats both times. Again, 10 club members have so provent their allegiance to this amazing band and should not have a limited view!!!
    The smallest oceans still get . . . big, big waves
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Sheesh, guys, so a combination of shit happened all at once, turned the 10c ticket retrieval into a mess, and we're going to sit here and point fingers. Really, the only thing we can do at this point (besides the bitching!) is write the 10 club about the problem, write Dodge about the problem, swear to ourselves to always be at least two hours early for the show, and expect that shit happens from time to time, like a huge rush of people showing up at the ticket window at once.

Shit happens, move on, make changes to make sure this doesn't happen again. Simple as that. If the problem was partly Dodge or 10 club, then they should make changes to ensure it doesn't happen again. And that starts with us telling them directly, not in a fan forum.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I had one thought about this - remember someone posted who felt their real 10club tickets had been switched out and they got really bad seats? (I don't remember which show, but I think he said no one around him/her was 10 club, and they thought maybe someone in the venue staff did it) I wonder if the 10 Club switched to keeping control of the tickets and handing them to venue staff to prevent venue staff from doing anything wrong with the tickets.

I am actually amazed (and grateful) that they do so well - thousands of us place our order, then we go to the show, and sure enough our tickets are there, waiting in little envelopes for us. That's a lot to organize and keep track of.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Sheesh, guys, so a combination of shit happened all at once, turned the 10c ticket retrieval into a mess, and we're going to sit here and point fingers. Really, the only thing we can do at this point (besides the bitching!) is write the 10 club about the problem, write Dodge about the problem, swear to ourselves to always be at least two hours early for the show, and expect that shit happens from time to time, like a huge rush of people showing up at the ticket window at once.

Shit happens, move on, make changes to make sure this doesn't happen again. Simple as that. If the problem was partly Dodge or 10 club, then they should make changes to ensure it doesn't happen again. And that starts with us telling them directly, not in a fan forum.

the 10c very rarely takes responsibility or even acknowledges ticket screw ups. and they very selectively reply to emails regarding problems with 10c lines or even ticket problems themselves. the venue has very little to do with how the fan club distribute tickets.
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:

how would we collectively know that the problem even existed if we didin't discuss it in this forum?

the benefit of the forum is to try to figure out what happened. Many, many people were originally blaming the 10 club alone. if we didn't have this forum to discuss it, a ton of people would go on thinking that it was their fault entirely, which, I think the evidence shows, would have been wrong. In terms of "pointing fingers", people want to figure out who was at fault so they can effectively address it with the right parties.
  • Options
    the 10c very rarely takes responsibility or even acknowledges ticket screw ups. and they very selectively reply to emails regarding problems with 10c lines or even ticket problems themselves. the venue has very little to do with how the fan club distribute tickets.

Really? I mean, I would think they would reply to emails to at least acknowledge the situation. And I'm not saying that it even was partly their fault; who knows even if that the delay was a fix to a greater problem that we know nothing of! No one really knows what happened.

Still, not trying to find out only to complain is wasted time and energy and doesn't accomplish anything.
  • Options
    no alpha sorted line at MSG 1 this year...just random windows for those who were lined up for over an hour from 2-3pm while MSG had no idea what to do either...again...stop blaming venues and if you try to get their at 2...even if you wait in line for 6 hours....you still see all of Pearl Jam

OK, so if "MSG had no idea what to do either", why shouldn't one blame the venue? is it not a venue's responsibility to service their patrons? I'm pretty sure they get a sizeable chuck of the ticket sales / parking

what IS a venue and it's employees responsible for? Making sure the lights are on? that the roof doesn't fall in? that there is running water? that's it?
  • Options
    jimc3 wrote:
    how would we collectively know that the problem even existed if we didin't discuss it in this forum?

the benefit of the forum is to try to figure out what happened. Many, many people were originally blaming the 10 club alone. if we didn't have this forum to discuss it, a ton of people would go on thinking that it was their fault entirely, which, I think the evidence shows, would have been wrong. In terms of "pointing fingers", people want to figure out who was at fault so they can effectively address it with the right parties.

True, but it's been days since. Venting about it within the first 72 hours makes sense, but now that some time has passed, the bitching gets old. Sorry. Time to act.