Options

Msg=overrated

Comments

• Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    read post 88

Aaaaaaaaaaah I see it and agree.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Danimal wrote:
    Aaaaaaaaaaah I see it and agree.

an alien invaded my body and posted that ;)
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    an alien invaded my body and posted that ;)

you beat my post by a few seconds ... you're just a big softie ... ha ha ha ...

we won't tell anyone (<--- lie)
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    you beat my post by a few seconds ... you're just a big softie ... ha ha ha ...

we won't tell anyone (<--- lie)

thats why i posted it,,cause i knew u were coming for it lol
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,782
    pj0705 wrote:
    Im sure the crowds are great, I wont dispute, but honestly, I havent seen anything too special in any of the past setlists. Yes, I know about Breath in 98. I just think they have uninspired setlists. I fully expect the 2 Boston shows to have more unique setlists as per the usual, but everyone will be raving how they shook the garden during Evenflow.

I can't even stress to you that MSG isn't overrated. I've seen 2 PJ shows there and they were some of the best I've seen. every artist, be it a rock band or a circus performer, turns it up a notch for MSG. I saw Roger Waters in Philly and MSG. the setlist was identical and the performance was just as good each time......but there was just something about MSG that was better.

anyway, you've never been there and besides, you're only going on setlists!

(Allen Iverson mode on)

SETLISTS? WE'RE TALKING ABOUT SETLISTS?!?! WE AIN'T EVEN TALKING ABOUT THE CONCERT! WE'RE TALKING ABOUT SETLISTS!!

(Iverson mode off)

you expect "unique setlists as per the usual" in Boston huh? gimme a break. they had three nights in Boston in '03 and so went through the entire cataloge in that "experiment." I thought that was cool. but I never expected people from Boston to think that they're cool because of it!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    thats why i posted it,,cause i knew u were coming for it lol

sure, that's your story ... now ....

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    sure, that's your story ... now ....

honestly im tired of this non-sense on here and ive been involved in my fair share of it

its pj shows kid lets all be happy
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    honestly im tired of this non-sense on here and ive been involved in my fair share of it

its pj shows kid lets all be happy

again, it's a vocal minority that starts and continues this crap ... same fuckers that start "Yankees Suck" chants everywhere under the sun that ISN'T a Yankees game .... freakin' embarassing

• Options
    pj0705pj0705 Posts: 189
    MattyJoe wrote:
    pj0705 have you ever even BEEN to MSG? Every show there transforms into an amazing one. The energy there is like no where else I've ever been too.

Maybe i should go to that George Michael show there since im sure it will be amazing because its at an old, famous, arena.
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    again, it's a vocal minority that starts and continues this crap ... same fuckers that start "Yankees Suck" chants everywhere under the sun that ISN'T a Yankees game .... freakin' embarassing

i will say that is very stupid at a boston pj show

however,, eddie was starting trouble at the borgata ;)

that piece of .....
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,552
    pj0705 wrote:
    Maybe i should go to that George Michael show there since im sure it will be amazing because its at an old, famous, arena.

You don't need our permission... if you're into George Michael have at it!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,015
    For the record, the Giants got a string of luck throughout the playoffs that was reminiscent of Jamie Gold winning the WSOP championship. They did have a few bad breaks here and there, but largely, every time they needed something to go their way they did (if you need the list going back to scoring a 2nd Qtr TD in :43 seconds then it can be provided. Eventually, they were playing with confidence, the house's money, and they took care of business in the end.

At the same time, the Cowboys, Packers, and Patriots all feel like they should have beaten the Giants like the pissed off poker pro's in 2006, but, guess what, the stupid Giants and stupid Eli "2 good passes in the Super Bowl" Manning are Super Bowl Champs. You can't take that away from them, and you have to live with it all off-season. It is marginally better than listening to 19-0, Boston is the greatest, b.s. - marginally.

Oh yeah, and on second thought, MSG WAS the best place to see PJ play. It still may be sweet this time around, but with ticket limits on the fan club it can never reach the same level as it did in '03...at least I'd be surprised if I did. For example, can you imagine people sitting in the rafters high-fiving if they pulled Leash out of their ass for the first time in 10 years in '06 (I don't think it would)? It didn't happen in Boston when they did b.t.w., but it would have in at MSG in '03...people were going nuts over Crazy Mary as an opener for god's sakes.
  • Options
    pj0705 wrote:

actually,while u or i may not like him (or her)

i bet those shows are real good
  • Options
    pj0705 wrote:

you like George Michael!

hahahahahahaha so freakin' LAME dude.

maybe he'll take ya backstage....into the bathroom.

*I know the point you were making, but disagree
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    ryan198 wrote:

At the same time, the Cowboys, Packers, and Patriots all feel like they should have beaten the Giants like the pissed off poker pro's in 2006, but, guess what, the stupid Giants and stupid Eli "2 good passes in the Super Bowl" Manning are Super Bowl Champs. .

well dude, the Cowboys, Pack and Pats may feel like they SHOULD have beat them....but they DIDN'T. and I don't even like the Giants. but they were the best team in December and January and played good, tough, hard-nosed football and that's what wins Super Bowls. not beating teams by 40 points in October like New England was.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    The giants will always be hated on for their super bowl win but they got the job done and I believed in them all the way.
  • Options
    well dude, the Cowboys, Pack and Pats may FEEL like they should have beat them....but they DIDN'T. and I don't even like the Giants. but they were the best team in December and January and played good, tough, hard-nosed football and that's what wins Super Bowls. not beating teams by 40 points in October like New England was.
    I think that's what I wrote...I just added that the G-Men took advantage of an inordinate amount of luck (not unlike the Pats first run) to get there. In the new NFL it seems like teams have been using that as a way to win. See: the Pats, Steelers, Colts, Giants...
  • Options
    pj0705pj0705 Posts: 189
    I didnt think I would unleash such hatred from New Yorkers with this thread. I didnt say anything about the people of New York but everyone came back with personal attacks on the good people from Boston. I guess that shows the lack of class by New Yorkers. I am officially done with this thread. I am very excited for the shows coming up this tour and will be watching for the setlist tonight. I hope everyone has a good time at all the shows this tour (even MSG).
  • Options
    pj0705 wrote:
    I didnt think I would unleash such hatred from New Yorkers with this thread. I didnt say anything about the people of New York but everyone came back with personal attacks on the good people from Boston. I guess that shows the lack of class by New Yorkers. I am officially done with this thread. I am very excited for the shows coming up this tour and will be watching for the setlist tonight. I hope everyone has a good time at all the shows this tour (even MSG).

good job getting everyone all fired u p :rolleyes:
  • Options
    zootownzootown Posts: 666
    pj0705 wrote:
    I dont judge by setlists alone...but its obviously a big part of going to a Pearl Jam show. I'm not saying they dont bring their "A" game to MSG, but they bring their "A" game almost everywhere. Are you saying they mail it in sometimes in other cities?

Just because they are playing at a famous arena doesnt mean its going to be great.

I would land on the Boston side of the Redsox/Yankee rivalry without question...however, MSG is a legendary building with so much character and history, just like the old Boston Garden. The most glaring difference? MSG is still there! You can bet any band that takes the stage there knows that the rock gods are watching....
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    pj0705 wrote:
    Im sure the crowds are great, I wont dispute, but honestly, I havent seen anything too special in any of the past setlists. Yes, I know about Breath in 98. I just think they have uninspired setlists. I fully expect the 2 Boston shows to have more unique setlists as per the usual, but everyone will be raving how they shook the garden during Evenflow.

1) have you been to to any of the 4 shows they played at the garden?
    2) have you actually listened to these four shows?

I have seen pearl jam several times, and um, these shows do stand out as some of the best I have ever heard...
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    ryan198 wrote:
    I think that's what I wrote...I just added that the G-Men took advantage of an inordinate amount of luck (not unlike the Pats first run) to get there. In the new NFL it seems like teams have been using that as a way to win. See: the Pats, Steelers, Colts, Giants...

yeah but what "luck" are we talking about? what was lucky about any of those teams?

I know what you're saying, each of those teams defeated a team (or teams) during their Super Bowl runs that was better "on paper" or had a better record. Maybe the Pats got a little luck with that tuck rule call, but otherwise, all the teams you listed were at their best when they had to be.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Evo2010Evo2010 Posts: 90
    Everyone calm down. No matter where you see Pearl Jam they are going to kick ass. The aura of MSG is something completley on its own. Not just Pearl Jam. Going to a Knick game (albeit the last few years) is a magical experience as well as a Rangers game. MSG mystique comes froms its great history not in just music and not just in sports. Its in the center of the greatest city in the world. Ali Frazier, the concert for New York which is as moving as any concert there ever was. The Grateful Dead playing as many shows there. The circus, the concert for Katrina. The Rangers winning the cup. The Pope visiting the Garden. The Golden Gloves. Marylin Monroe singing happy birthday to JFK. It goes on and on. Maybe im a bias cause I live in New York and have had the chance to go to the garden and experience diffrent events there. Every time I walk through the doors I still get chills. So when my favorite band gets ready to play the worlds most famous arena you have a feeling its gonna be something special. Not that they are going to be like lets half ass it before we hit New York. Of course not. They are going to bring it as hard as they can if there playing for 500 people in Alaska. (sorry Alaska natives) So i say no matter where your from get ready to have a kick ass time cause in the end it doesnt matter where they play just as long as there playing. Peace
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,427
    holy moly this thread is all over the place i might as well throw the CLAM CHOWDER ? out there for all of us to debate :eek: ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    yeah but what "luck" are we talking about? what was lucky about any of those teams?

I know what you're saying, each of those teams defeated a team (or teams) during their Super Bowl runs that was better "on paper" or had a better record. Maybe the Pats got a little luck with that tuck rule call, but otherwise, all the teams you listed were at their best when they had to be.
    Ask Seahawks fans about how the Steelers got lucky to beat them...go back and watch it. Plus the Steelers got lucky that Tom Brady decided to channel his inner Brett Favre against Denver to get knocked out of the playoffs.

The Colts got to the Super Bowl after trailing to the Pats, then got them to run out of gas in the Dome. (probably the least lucky of the three teams that I cited)

The G-Men...:42 second TD, keyed by a 15-yard penalty. Romo's thumb injured to the point he couldn't hit a wide-open TO for a TD on two separate drives. Witten called for stopped forward progress causing the cowboys to call their last time out with under a minute left. 3 chances at a field goal to win at Green Bay...Amani Toomer catching terrible passes, David Tyree's ridiculous catch, Asante Samuel and Brandon Merriweather dropping sure picks of typical Eli "stupid" Manning passes.

The point is they all won the Super Bowl, b/c almost any team gets luck, but championship teams take advantage of it. I'm just saying that this year, the Steelers, and the first Pats were teams that we clearly not the best talented, but got it done. I don't think it's a bad thing, but there's a reason why none of the aforementioned repeated as champs.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,552
    For all of you Yankees/Red Sox rivals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD4eGDmrb4w
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    All this NYC vs Boston talk is crazy.... because there is no comparison.

NYC= best city in the world.
    Boston= One block of NYC.

'nuff said.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776