Options

Msg=overrated

Comments

• Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    JaneNY wrote:
    Maybe its just there's no place like home!

I think this is what we are all trying to say.

I think it's just that simple. Nice one Jane!
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    stocks767stocks767 Posts: 19
    personally having been to a bunch of shows and 3 MSG shows, it's all about the vibe there...I think the Beacon is way overated...while the venue is legendary I think the show will be average

I agree 100%. I live in New Jersey and love New Jersey but I've seen the same bands at the Garden and Continental or even PNC (which is a pretty cool venue) and you can't compare the feeling you get at the Garden. I've also seen acts in Florida and Boston and the crowd and the buzz in New York is tops in my opinion.
  • Options
    hehehe

you guys were right! NY is better than Boston.......at spreading diseases. :D:D

http://wcbstv.com/local/herpes.new.york.2.743868.html

where are all the New Yorker smart ass comments now?!

"let it go asshole"
    "shut up bitch I'm just having some fun"

that's just the Angel & Devil on my shoulders arguing, pay them no mind. :D:D

http://pro.corbis.com/images/42-17773220.jpg?size=572&uid=%7BC437E46F-CCE1-4A9E-B329-EBD291F18B6C%7D
  • Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    I've been up and down the east coast with this band and the Philly crowds are the best crowds for music.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    pj0705=retarded boston resident.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options

"let it go asshole"

http://pro.corbis.com/images/42-17773220.jpg?size=572&uid=%7BC437E46F-CCE1-4A9E-B329-EBD291F18B6C%7D

Crazy Breed, after reading some of the trash you have been posting here recently, I think I would willing to score you an MSG ticket and pray you hook up with someone in that 26th percentile.
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    But you can never pass up a chance to see PJ at MSG.

35 shows, and 9-11-98 is my fave. My first time in the city and at the Garden. I've been back for every tour, and each time it's fantastic.

I'm just sad I won't be there this year :(

I agree...that show was special

The best show I've been to

Eddie climbing the mic cord at the end is priceless

Sentimental reasons (Growing up in Philly) the show in Philly at the old Spectrum is a close 2nd
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    FrankieJFrankieJ Posts: 602
    I didn't read the entire thread but...

Is night 1 or 2 usually better?
    I got 10c seats for 2, and i'm up in sec 300something for show 1.

Just wondering if my good seats will be for a good show.
    GO GIANTS
    GO DEVILS
    7/14/03-PNC NJ ~ 6/1/06-CAA1 NJ ~ 6/3/06-CAA2 NJ ~ 8/5/07-Lolla IL ~ 6/24/08-MSG1 ~ 6/25/08-MSG2 ~ 8/7/08-NJPAC (eV Solo)

"I'm feeling kinda righteous right now...with my Bad@$$-M0therf*ck!n'-Ukulele!"
    -eV 8/7
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    FrankieG wrote:
    I didn't read the entire thread but...

Is night 1 or 2 usually better?
    I got 10c seats for 2, and i'm up in sec 300something for show 1.

Just wondering if my good seats will be for a good show.

Generally,
    Go with the Night 2 Rule

you're good.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    I agree with the comment that MSG's sound quality is far superior to other venues. I've been to every MSG PJ show it was always good sound quality. When I saw PJ in Boston (Fleet Center or Tweeter center...wjhatever its called), I had such a bad experience. It ruinied the whole show because the sound qulaity was really bad.
  • Options
    Crazy Breed, after reading some of the trash you have been posting here recently, I think I would willing to score you an MSG ticket and pray you hook up with someone in that 26th percentile.

that's mighty "kind" of you partner but i already got tickets to both shows.

I'll see if MSG lives up to all the hype!

my favorite MSG memory right now is of MJ waxing Knick ass (many,many times that is)
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756

"let it go asshole"

:rolleyes:

I can't even comment here...you need a cocktail...
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    TrixieCat wrote:

damm now i'm a bit worried about the prepartie will this person be looking for the ny people to take hi's frustration out on us any way will make sure to stay away and hang with your friends ....:) ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:

hahahahahah!

I'll be mixing up some white Russians and watching the Celtics hopefully beat the Lakers in a few hours!
  • Options
    damm now i'm a bit worried about the prepartie will this person be looking for the ny people to take hi's frustration out on us any way will make sure to stay away and hang with your friends ....:) ..
    He is going to Hartford?
    I just don't get the whole bringing up the herpes thing and all..
    Why is this all necessary.
    :confused:
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    DVC00733.jpg
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    hahahahahah!

I'll be mixing up some white Russians and watching the Celtics hopefully beat the Lakers in a few hours!
    White russians????
    :p
    Damn...why are you being so not-nice....I must have talked with you at some point on here because I was born in Lowell too.
  • Options
    Jesus Christ...get a sense of humor people!!!

DAM!!
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    NYC is better...
    now close this stupid thread
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    White russians????
    :p

mmmmmmmmmmmmm....with extra Vodka!!!

kick'n it Big Labowski style :)
  • Options
    NYC is better...
    now close this stupid thread

mmyeah...ok. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I was born in Lowell too.

no shit?
  • Options
    no shit?
    shit
  • Options
    Jesus Christ...get a sense of humor people!!!

DAM!!

ok ok i extend my hand for a shake and let's all enjoy the shows will buy you a drink in hartford or ny you choose where :) ....
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    I'll be @ MSG 1 through Mansfield 2.

My heart will always be in New York though and I cringe at the Yankees Suck chants in Boston that have nothing to do with the event...

Honestly I love Boston, it's a fun city, I love the sports rivalries, I'm not like a lot of fans though as I have respect for all of the athletes and their abilities... I don't talk shit or get caught up in all of the smack talk b/c it's not really my thing.
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    shit

what part?
  • Options
    ok ok i extend my hand for a shake and let's all enjoy the shows will buy you a drink in hartford or ny you choose where :) ....

from what i hear about Manhattan bar prices I'll probably be getting lit in my hotel room (have bottle will travel)

thanks for the offer though!

you not going to the Mansfield shows?
  • Options
    I'll be @ MSG 1 through Mansfield 2.

My heart will always be in New York though and I cringe at the Yankees Suck chants in Boston that have nothing to do with the event...

Honestly I love Boston, it's a fun city, I love the sports rivalries, I'm not like a lot of fans though as I have respect for all of the athletes and their abilities... I don't talk shit or get caught up in all of the smack talk b/c it's not really my thing.

it's all good. i played bball for much of my life,trash talk is in my blood! on the serious tip i have nothing against New York or the people. i have a lot of friends from NYC that live in Boston & are Knick/Yankee fans.we always go at each other.

in fact, i need a good pizza place recommendation.always wanted to get me some New York style pizza that i've heard so much about!!
  • Options
    from what i hear about Manhattan bar prices I'll probably be getting lit in my hotel room (have bottle will travel)

thanks for the offer though!

you not going to the Mansfield shows?

dude show up at the msg prepartie and yeah i will be attending mansfield I ...and HARTFORD so will drink 20beers then ..:) ...
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533

this is EXACTLY why i wont go to the parties, trouble waiting to happen especially with some of the names on th e list
    and i dont wanna miss the shows