Options

Msg=overrated

Comments

• Options
    MelissaphishMelissaphish Posts: 150
    pj0705 wrote:
    Im sure the crowds are great, I wont dispute, but honestly, I havent seen anything too special in any of the past setlists. Yes, I know about Breath in 98. I just think they have uninspired setlists. I fully expect the 2 Boston shows to have more unique setlists as per the usual, but everyone will be raving how they shook the garden during Evenflow.

Having been to both venues multiple times, I can say that Great Woods has NOTHING on MSG in terms of sound. That circular building has some sweet acoustics.

Obviously, Boston rocks New York's ass off in general, but MSG is a great building - the Boston garden (whatever) is not even in the same class as far as concert venues go, and you cannot compare an outdoor venue to MSG.
    Boston Garden 5/25/06
    Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Madison Square Garden 6/24/08 and 6/25/08
    Mansfield 6/30/08
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The answers are fatal......
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,782
    ryan198 wrote:
    Ask Seahawks fans about how the Steelers got lucky to beat them...go back and watch it. Plus the Steelers got lucky that Tom Brady decided to channel his inner Brett Favre against Denver to get knocked out of the playoffs.

The Colts got to the Super Bowl after trailing to the Pats, then got them to run out of gas in the Dome. (probably the least lucky of the three teams that I cited)

The G-Men...:42 second TD, keyed by a 15-yard penalty. Romo's thumb injured to the point he couldn't hit a wide-open TO for a TD on two separate drives. Witten called for stopped forward progress causing the cowboys to call their last time out with under a minute left. 3 chances at a field goal to win at Green Bay...Amani Toomer catching terrible passes, David Tyree's ridiculous catch, Asante Samuel and Brandon Merriweather dropping sure picks of typical Eli "stupid" Manning passes.

The point is they all won the Super Bowl, b/c almost any team gets luck, but championship teams take advantage of it. I'm just saying that this year, the Steelers, and the first Pats were teams that we clearly not the best talented, but got it done. I don't think it's a bad thing, but there's a reason why none of the aforementioned repeated as champs.

there ya go again, taking away from the Steelers because Denver (who the Steelers pounded on the road in the AFC title game the following week) beat the vaunted Patriots.

since the Steelers are my favorite team, I've seen Super Bowl XL several times. I concede that the offensive pass interference penalty called in the first quarter was a bad call. really bad. either way, Seattle settled for a field goal so it's only four points lost off the board. Also, after Hasselbeck was picked off in the 2nd half, he was called for some weird "low hit on a blocker" penalty when he was really trying to tackle the guy with the ball. another bad call. so there it is, the Seahawks are owed 4 points and 15 yards.

otherwise, the Seahawks couldn't finish drives and missed a few field goals. they lost because of that, and not being able to stop the three big plays from Pittsburgh. the Seahawks won the turnover battle, gained more yards, and had more time of possession. The Steelers didn't play that good but I've always said that "anyone can win when they play good. a great team can win when they play bad." don't judge each team by that one game. if you look at the 2005 season, Seattle cakewalked through the shitty NFC while Pittsburgh had the #6 seed with an 11-5 record.

and Asante Samuel apparently shouldn't be on the field if he can't catch a ball thrown right at him. kudos to Manning and Tyree for being opportunists and turning it into something.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Having been to both venues multiple times, I can say that Great Woods has NOTHING on MSG in terms of sound. That circular building has some sweet acoustics.

Obviously, Boston rocks New York's ass off in general, but MSG is a great building - the Boston garden (whatever) is not even in the same class as far as concert venues go, and you cannot compare an outdoor venue to MSG.

everything is 100% true except for that 1 line that ends in general
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    I got sick and tired of hearing how " legendary" the Boston area shows always seem to be.

That is why I went and got tickets to both of these Mansfield shows, after 2 at MSG- I wanna see firsthand what all the " hype " is about .

And if their idea of something fantastic is to bring out Theo Epstein to jam with , well, then I will see firsthand ,......that it is actually nothing but ordinary.

Oh and yes , of course I will be booing.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    I got sick and tired of hearing how " legendary" the Boston area shows always seem to be.

That is why I went and got tickets to both of these Mansfield shows, after 2 at MSG- I wanna see firsthand what all the " hype " is about .

And if their idea of something fantastic is to bring out Theo Epstein to jam with , well, then I will see firsthand ,......that it is actually nothing but ordinary.

this was my thought to adding MSG to my east coast swing ... I want to see WTF is sooooo impressive about the MSG shows ....

meet you back here in 3 weeks for show and tell.

I'm pretty sure we won't see Cashman or Minaya on stage at the MSG shows ... :)

winning championships and rockin' with Ed ... what Theo knows best!

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w89/jgreco_14/EdTheoBill.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:

best behave yourself if you're coming to town. :)

"it ain't where you're from it's where you're at" - Rakim
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    just follow the rules and that will be thanks enough :) lol

oh and ill show u around if ya want ;)
    haha well it'd be great to say hi to ya, if you're at the wishlist preparty i'll see ya there! :)
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    I'm pretty sure we won't see Cashman or Minaya on stage at the MSG shows ... :)

winning championships and rockin' with Ed ... what Theo knows best!

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w89/jgreco_14/EdTheoBill.jpg

AGREES with smile on face!
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    Danimal wrote:
    Yeah but that DVD stinks.

Then it's good they didn't do it in Boston, it would've been TOXIC.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options

Actually I've read that the sound has been permanently fucked up in Mansfield because of sound controls put on by the town or something like that. Am I remembering correctly? I believe the story has something to do with KISS. :D
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    PearlJen22PearlJen22 Posts: 106
    best behave yourself if you're coming to town. :)

"it ain't where you're from it's where you're at" - Rakim

Good quote!
    Seriously... do you want the other shows to be bad! I want all the shows I am at be off the charts! MSG, Mansfield.. and even Hartford!
    (the others can be aright.. ;))
  • Options
    BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    once again the boston area cant deal with nyc ,, its getting old

Not everyone from Boston feels that way at all...
    I'm from Boston and think MSG is a huge deal and I would be so jealous if I wasn't going... it's the biggest city in the world and most famous arena- these shows are bound to be amazing.
    I think the Mansfield shows will be great too, but I definitely don't expect the vibe and excitement to be nearly as intense as MSG.

For every Bostonian or New Yorker on this board bragging that their town is better and the other sucks, I'm sure there are 100 other Bostonian and NYers, psyched about the shows in the other cities.

Almost all of us realize this is a band, not a contest between Boston, NYC, Philly, etc
    :)
  • Options
    Danimal wrote:
    Yeah but that DVD stinks.

B U L L S H I T
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Not everyone from Boston feels that way at all...
    I'm from Boston and think MSG is a huge deal and I would be so jealous if I wasn't going... it's the biggest city in the world and most famous arena- these shows are bound to be amazing.
    I think the Mansfield shows will be great too, but I definitely don't expect the vibe and excitement to be nearly as intense as MSG.

For every Bostonian or New Yorker on this board bragging that their town is better and the other sucks, I'm sure there are 100 other Bostonian and NYers, psyched about the shows in the other cities.

Almost all of us realize this is a band, not a contest between Boston, NYC, Philly, etc

Oh but it is. Which city's gonna sing the loudest?
    -Reagan
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    pj0705 wrote:
    Ed is going be flying around the arena like Peter Pan.

That would be Freakin' AWESOME!!!!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,125
    the building's a dump, the guy who owns it is dumpy. other than that, it should be a blast.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,015
    there ya go again, taking away from the Steelers because Denver (who the Steelers pounded on the road in the AFC title game the following week) beat the vaunted Patriots.

since the Steelers are my favorite team, I've seen Super Bowl XL several times. I concede that the offensive pass interference penalty called in the first quarter was a bad call. really bad. either way, Seattle settled for a field goal so it's only four points lost off the board. Also, after Hasselbeck was picked off in the 2nd half, he was called for some weird "low hit on a blocker" penalty when he was really trying to tackle the guy with the ball. another bad call. so there it is, the Seahawks are owed 4 points and 15 yards.

otherwise, the Seahawks couldn't finish drives and missed a few field goals. they lost because of that, and not being able to stop the three big plays from Pittsburgh. the Seahawks won the turnover battle, gained more yards, and had more time of possession. The Steelers didn't play that good but I've always said that "anyone can win when they play good. a great team can win when they play bad." don't judge each team by that one game. if you look at the 2005 season, Seattle cakewalked through the shitty NFC while Pittsburgh had the #6 seed with an 11-5 record.

and Asante Samuel apparently shouldn't be on the field if he can't catch a ball thrown right at him. kudos to Manning and Tyree for being opportunists and turning it into something.
    I'm no Pats fan but the Steelers would never have beaten the Pats in New England...you also forgot the ridiculous 4th and a miracle play that Big Ben completed to the so-hated, he should be a Patriot, Hines Ward, as well as a few other breaks that went your way. So, by my count that's 11 points and 15 yards you owe the Seahawks. Thus the game should be tied at 14 with the Seahawks having the ball at around the 50. That year they would have had to gain about 8 yards to be in their FG kicker's range, so 3 runs to Shaun Alexander and we have a 17-14 Super Bowl title for the 'Hawks. ;)

As I have mentioned in all of my posts, championship teams use their breaks to win, and all those teams did it. To deny that you got a lot of big breaks is silly, the Steelers won. You just have to understand that people aren't going to put those teams down as the greatest ever, b/c, as history has shown, their flaws are regularly exposed the following season.
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    B U L L S H I T

I won't say that it is Bullshit, but I can honestly say I've never watched it. I went to every show that tour from Boston 1 to Holmdel except MSG 1. And of course that show was the dvd. I was hoping for a Touring Band type dvd, but bought Live at the Garden and it still sits in my house unopened.

I have watched the fan recorded MSG 2 dvd a bunch though.

I'm weird, but I only like the shows I went to. The others in my opinion are someone else's memories. I just like reliving my own.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    B U L L S H I T

It does dude. And it has nothing to do with NY. It could have been Boston and I would still say it stinks. I watched it once and that was it.

JUST MY OPINION THOUGH
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    Anyway I think all these shows are going to be epic no matter what!
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    Danimal wrote:
    It does dude. And it has nothing to do with NY. It could have been Boston and I would still say it stinks. I watched it once and that was it.

JUST MY OPINION THOUGH

well, i guess we are all entitled to our opinion and can agree to disagree.

I like how they captured the mood of MSG that night ( i was at both of course )
    loved eds reaction to DTE and the props they gave to iron maiden , grateful dead and springsteen.
    not to ,mention the opening notes and the skyl;ine and the empire state building.

im not comparing any city, and the shows i am looking forweard to , regardless of my geographic location.

enjoy the show(s) everyone.

see you at great woods.

platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    well, i guess we are all entitled to our opinion and can agree to disagree.

I like how they captured the mood of MSG that night ( i was at both of course )
    loved eds reaction to DTE and the props they gave to iron maiden , grateful dead and springsteen.
    not to ,mention the opening notes and the skyl;ine and the empire state building.

im not comparing any city, and the shows i am looking forweard to , regardless of my geographic location.

enjoy the show(s) everyone.

see you at great woods.

This is my problem! It doesn't capture the mood to me. For some reason it doesn't do ANYTHING for me on DVD!

I think the Bootlegs are way better! I know that probably doesn't make sense.

The Bootlegs of MSG are AMAZING.

All the shows are going to be DYNO!

Hope you have a killer time in The Woods! Or whatever the fuck they are calling it on that day.

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,663
    Danimal wrote:
    Anyway I think all these shows are going to be epic no matter what!

hell yeah! :)
  • Options
    EddieDogEddieDog Posts: 28
    I live in California, and personally I wish I was going to every show on the East Coast Tour. But when the dates were announced and I decided June would be a GREAT time for a vacation, I chose The Garden over Boston - hands down. I'm so stoked to be going to see the Greatest Band In The World at the Most Famous Arena In The World - and I get to see them two nights in a row there!!!

I'm sure Boston is great, but you gotta go with NYC if you have to choose between the two.

I'm also going to Washington D.C., and I haven't seen too many people comment on it, but with it being an election year D.C. is going to be a freakin' AMAZING show!!!

Like I said though, I wish I was goin' to all of em. Everyone have fun at the shows!!

P.S. PLEASE PLAY GLORIFIED G AT MSG OR DC!!!!
    07/18/92 Mountain View, 07/19/92 Mountain View, 07/16/98 Sacramento, 10/31/00 Mountain View, 06/01/03 Mountain View, 07/15/06 San Francisco, 07/18/06 San Francisco, 04/05/08 Santa Cruz (EV), 04/07/08 Berkeley (EV), 06/22/08 Washington D.C., 06/24/08 NYC, 06/25/08 NYC, 08/28/09 San Francisco (Outside Lands Festival), 10/06/09 Los Angeles, 10/07/09 Los Angeles, 10/09/09 San Diego
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,782
    ryan198 wrote:
    I'm no Pats fan but the Steelers would never have beaten the Pats in New England...you also forgot the ridiculous 4th and a miracle play that Big Ben completed to the so-hated, he should be a Patriot, Hines Ward, as well as a few other breaks that went your way. So, by my count that's 11 points and 15 yards you owe the Seahawks. Thus the game should be tied at 14 with the Seahawks having the ball at around the 50. That year they would have had to gain about 8 yards to be in their FG kicker's range, so 3 runs to Shaun Alexander and we have a 17-14 Super Bowl title for the 'Hawks. ;)

As I have mentioned in all of my posts, championship teams use their breaks to win, and all those teams did it. To deny that you got a lot of big breaks is silly, the Steelers won. You just have to understand that people aren't going to put those teams down as the greatest ever, b/c, as history has shown, their flaws are regularly exposed the following season.

I love how you say "the Steelers would never have beaten the Pats in New England." you probably said the same exact thing about the Broncos in the days leading up to that game. I dunno, I hate revisionist history. the "what ifs" and "would haves" that lead to wacky hypothetical. I've never been a fan.

The Steelers got some breaks along the way *cough* Carson Palmer's leg *cough* but they were still a better team then the Seahawks, Broncos, and at the time they played, the Colts.....in my humble, biased, opinion.

to be honest, the one thing that I have found to be a bit tainted about the 2005 championship is the fact that there wasn't a match-up with the two-time defending champion Patriots in the playoffs. but that's not the Steelers fault...they won the games they had to. New England just didn't keep up their end of the bargain. oh well
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Smellyman2Smellyman2 Posts: 689
    meh

If it is in New York everything gets overrated to some degree. The people and media exaggerate things to a very large extent.

Most left coasters could give two shits about msg, the rangers, the yankees,Yankee stadium etc....
  • Options
    Smellyman wrote:
    meh

If it is in New York everything gets overrated to some degree. The people and media exaggerate things to a very large extent.

Most left coasters could give two shits about msg, the rangers, the yankees,Yankee stadium etc....

BUT EVEN SO

ITS ALL ABOUT THE RIGHT COAST.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Smellyman wrote:
    meh

Well its kind of vice versa actually. California to me is kind of that place way over there where some people live - its just so far away. Maybe its just there's no place like home! This thread's a mess.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    hehehe

you guys were right! NY is better than Boston.......at spreading diseases. :D:D

http://wcbstv.com/local/herpes.new.york.2.743868.html
  • Options
    hehehe

you guys were right! NY is better than Boston.......at spreading diseases. :D:D

http://wcbstv.com/local/herpes.new.york.2.743868.html

Hahhahaa. Man, you are bad.