Worst live show you ever saw?

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    G-Man23 wrote:
    An 80's band called "The Fixx". They really sucked! In fact, most 80's bands are shit!

The second worst show......believe it or not was U2. Saw them in 1996 or '97 on opening night of the ill-fated "Popmart" tour. They had to restart a couple of songs and the new material did not sound dialed in. Too many props and gimmicks. Very obnoxious stage set. It was a train wreck!

The only good thing about that evening was the opening act.....RAGE!
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    not really a show..but the opener for RHCP on their last tour..Mars Volta..they were awful
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • libragirl wrote:
    not really a show..but the opener for RHCP on their last tour..Mars Volta..they were awful

Mars Volta is awesome. It's an acquired taste i think, but I could be wrong as I've never seen them live.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • moemoe6434 wrote:
    The Datsuns, the opened for the Pixies. The were heckled teh whole time on stage, practically booed off the stage, they were so fed up they left mid set by throwing thier instruments down on the stage and walked off.

The worst part about it, was i had second row seats and the Datsuns seriously smelled, as soon as they hit the stage we smelled BAAAAAD Body Odor but it all disappeared once the left teh stage. Maybe they were so drunk they pissed themselves, dunno. All i know is that i would not flip them a dime on the street is i saw them performa again.

The Datsuns rock man. Maybe they were just having a bad night. But I've seen them twice and they seriosly rocked. Maybe you were part of an unappreciative audience.
  • SAGA opening for Jethro Tull in Toronto a year or two ago. A C grade immitation of Yes, dressed in red leather.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    Guns and roses on the first show of the use your illusion tour......Skid Row blew Asshole rose off the stage. My first concert too.

Also Soundgarden at the Chicago Metro with Red Red Meat opening. We booed those guys off the stage they were soooo bad. I know they were trying, but they made me want to go home. The crowd pissed Cornell off big time because of that (rightfully so I suppose) and he was pissed all night and called it in. They broke up not too long after that if I recall.

bands I would see before Guns And Roses again:

LA guns
    Ratt
    Great White

that is how shitty GN R was
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755

Fear Factory= Opened for Ozzy(F.F.= PURE SHIT)

FF are decent.. i used to love their Obsolete album. their cover of Cars w/ Gary Numan is fucking badass

** Edit to add **
    here is a mp3 of Cars.. if you havent heard it..
    http://home.comcast.net/~briankutysmyspace/cars.mp3
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • GRIMMYGRIMMY Posts: 370
    I seen The Used a few times and there great live..But one time they came out did one song them said "Im fucking sick Im going to the hospital" and walked off stage..come to find out he did have the flu but made my night suck!!!
    grimmy
  • Mars Volta is awesome. It's an acquired taste i think, but I could be wrong as I've never seen them live.

I have friends who listen to them and really like them but even the one who went to the RHCP concert with me didnt like them live. It just sounded too jumbled cause they came out with about 15 people onstage and it sounded like they were all doing whatever they wanted
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    Smashing Pumpkins at Lolapalooza 94
    Billy was drunk and beligerant. He was screaming the vocals and going on long rants about absolute nonsense.
    Absolutely dreadful.

It took me 2 years to even want to listen to them again. However, my friend dragged me to the "Mellon Collie" tour, and they were awesome. I saw them 3 more times after that, all which were great.
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Brainofdz wrote:
    Smashing Pumpkins at Lolapalooza 94
    Billy was drunk and beligerant. He was screaming the vocals and going on long rants about absolute nonsense.
    Absolutely dreadful.

It took me 2 years to even want to listen to them again. However, my friend dragged me to the "Mellancholy" tour, and they were awesome. I saw them 3 more times after that, all which were great.
    I was also really, really disappointed in the Smashing Pumpkins on Pinkpop 1998 in the Netherlands...It was just after they kicked Chamberlain out of the band...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I saw Blue oyster cult last night. They were ok I suppose, but it could have just been the building. It was in a big convention center downtown for the 933 the Bone:Classic rock Mardi Gras Bash. They weren't really bad, but for their signiture sound a warehouse convention type center does not really fit their sound very well.

Mini Kiss was dissapointing. I was looking forward to seeing this, but it was pretty dissapointing for a Kiss cover band, but at the same time it was still cool to see little people dressed up like and playing kiss covers. They also covered Crazy train by Ozzy. I thought they were going to do a pyrotechnics show, but it may be one of those things were the fire marshalls said the building wasn't safe for that kind of stuff. The one who was "Gene simmons" did do the tounge thing. I wish I had gotten a picture with the group but forgot my camera. :(. I thought their their performance on either jimmy Kimmel or Greg Kilbourne was much better than last nights show.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Kings of Leon

They opened for U2 a couple years ago and were just AWFUL. I know they have a loyal following but I am certainly not a fan.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • bullet for my valintine opening for GNR.

holy shit, worst band i've ever seen or heard in my life.
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • HippyvikHippyvik Posts: 281
    Jammin909 wrote:
    Kings of Leon

They opened for U2 a couple years ago and were just AWFUL. I know they have a loyal following but I am certainly not a fan.

Are you mental, they're awesome:eek: I can think of much worse bands live, like Taking Back Sunday or Bloodhound Gang. Mars Volta too, we actually left that gig it was so bad.
    Hippyvik wrote:
    Are you mental, they're awesome:eek: I can think of much worse bands live, like Taking Back Sunday or Bloodhound Gang. Mars Volta too, we actually left that gig it was so bad.

Fuck You cocksucker, Taking Back Sunday is a great live band. You probably thought you would score points by trashing TBS. You were wrong; They put on a great show. You are obviously a retarded douchebag.
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

• stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    Brainofdz wrote:
    Fuck You cocksucker, Taking Back Sunday is a great live band. You probably thought you would score points by trashing TBS. You were wrong; They put on a great show. You are obviously a retarded douchebag.

One word for this post........"banned"
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
    stickfig13 wrote:
    One word for this post........"banned"

A few words for you, Southern California Jerkoff

Brainofdz wrote:
    A few words for you, Southern California Jerkoff

If I'm gonna be a jerkoff...I guess it's best to be one in SO-Cal...It was 80 degrees today!
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
    stickfig13 wrote:
    If I'm gonna be a jerkoff...I guess it's best to be one in SO-Cal...It was 80 degrees today!

I hope you realize I have nothing against you. I'm just drunk and belligerent.

Brainofdz wrote:
    I hope you realize I have nothing against you. I'm just drunk and belligerent.

ha ha cheers! Me too!
    stickfig13 wrote:
    ha ha cheers! Me too!

What was your tonic my friend?

Brainofdz wrote:
    What was your tonic my friend?

well...I'm keeping it real in SO-CAL with the Mickey's 40 oz....They sell em' real cheap at the corner liquor store!
    stickfig13 wrote:
    well...I'm keeping it real in SO-CAL with the Mickey's 40 oz....They sell em' real cheap at the corner liquor store!

I hear that. Last night, I drank a few Colt 45 40 oz's. Tonight, I stepped it up with some scotch and budweisers.

So, to get back on topic, who do you hate live?

Brainofdz wrote:
    I hear that. Last night, I drank a few Colt 45 40 oz's. Tonight, I stepped it up with some scotch and budweisers.

So, to get back on topic, who do you hate live?

I don't particularly like these bands but others do....I saw them live and they were awful!!!

POD
    Mars Volta
    Metallica
    Deftones (post 2001)
    Dave Matthews
    stickfig13 wrote:
    I don't particularly like these bands but others do....I saw them live and they were awful!!!

POD
    Mars Volta
    Metallica
    Deftones (post 2001)
    Dave Matthews

I think Dave Matthews is great live.

Some bands I think suck live are:
    The Beastie Boys(recently) up until 1994, they were amazing
    The Strokes (uninspired)
    The Streets

• In Flames takes the cake for the worst live performance. I saw them open for Slayer in '02. They were rediculously crappy.
    I'll cut you in.
  • HippyvikHippyvik Posts: 281
    Brainofdz wrote:

Well actually, there is something called a right to have an opinion. I don't need to score points and I don't feel the need to be rude, you most likely weren't at this gig (as it was in the UK)and therefore have no place to comment, so why don't you go back to kindergarten and learn some manners;)
  • ParasolParasol Posts: 319
    RCHP 1999 AND 2005
    Good Charlotte 2003
    --- Barcelona 01/09/2006 ---
    ---- Lisbon 04/09/2006
    ---- Lisbon 05/09/2006
    "One of the best...The Best! Thank You!" Eddie Vedder. 05/09/2006 Lisbon, Portugal
    2007:
    ---- Lisbon 08/06/2007 ----
    ---- London 18/06/2007 ----
    --- Nijmegen 28/06/2007 ---
    --- Werchter 29/06/2007 ---
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    papa roach
    sleater kinney

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks