Worst live show you ever saw?

Comments

• HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Cat Power. I heard people say how volatile her shows were, so I went along to see for myself, and boy, it was a train wreck. A train wreck caused by the train driver jumping off the train 20 seconds after the train pulled out of the station.

A truly surreal experience.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • chopitdownchopitdown Posts: 2,222
    red mos wrote:
    Really? wow. What tour was this? I saw them, on a co headlining tour with the counting crows back in 97 and thought they were great. I liked the CC too, but my parents were disapointed with the Counting crows.

it was around 96 or 97; they played the state fair, so granted the venue / crowd could have had something to do with it. But I was just very underwhelmed by them...There was no variety to the songs, no energy from the band.
    I saw CC w/ live in 2001?? and they were both great.
    make sure the fortune that you seek...is the fortune that you need
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    The Cure - Wembley Arena 1988 or 89. I almost dozed off out of boredom, although it may partly have been due to Wembley Arena being so soulless.
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    I saw Collective Soul in a festival a few years ago. The entire time the lead singer bitched about the equipment and they sounded absolutely horrible the entire performance. Even if it was the equipment, don't bitch about it, just make the best of it and entertain people.
  • CaterinaACaterinaA Posts: 572
    1) Tarantula AD: opened for PJ in Prague. Worst art-form I've ever experienced in my whole life.

2) Ian Brown: now I know why Noel Gallagher thinks his brother is the best singer in the world.

3) Oasis: boring boring boring, plus Liam got mad at who knows what and left the stage, which was actually an improvement 'cause Noel sings a lot better.
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    oppie1 wrote:
    and opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink

your taste in music leaves alot to be desired too

Because Staind was the worst show I have ever seen? they suck..sorry. As far as your taste goes...well like I said before, your statement about how you like Boy Hits Car more than PJ speaks for itself.
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    yield2me wrote:
    Because Staind was the worst show I have ever seen? they suck..sorry. As far as your taste goes...well like I said before, your statement about how you like Boy Hits Car more than PJ speaks for itself.

have you even ever listened to BHC?
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    The worst show I ever saw was Bruce Springsteen in the Tacoma Dome on the Rising tour. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Bruce and co. were great, but from where I was standing I couldn't tell. The Tacoma Dome is such a horrifically awful venue acoustically, it was very difficult to make out the music when the entire band was loud we couldn't understand a damn note that was being played-- Like 12 seconds into the song "Oh, I think this might be Dancing in the Dark..." it was just one big wash of noise.

Added to that, the people around me were so incredibly lame, and they bitching and moaning that he was playing too much new material. Even, Bruce was trying to get the crowd going "It's great to be in Tacoma!" (hee hee) but its just too hard to groove when you don't know where you are in the damn song.

Bruce, please play a decent venue next time through (Key, one of the ampatheatres, Spokane Arena...) anywhere but the Tacoma Dome!
  • CM1847 wrote:
    I saw Collective Soul in a festival a few years ago. The entire time the lead singer bitched about the equipment and they sounded absolutely horrible the entire performance. Even if it was the equipment, don't bitch about it, just make the best of it and entertain people.

I saw them in Amarillo, TX and they really nailed every song. They didn't even let the fact that they were getting cigarrete buts thrown on them shorten the show. Not one of my favortie bands, but they were good. What was bad was the crowd. Mostly full of young kids (prob because of their christian reputation) with some regular Amarillo trash throwing things (every show i've been to in Rillo). People tried to crowd surf and got dropped. lol.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • chopitdownchopitdown Posts: 2,222
    I saw them in Amarillo, TX and they really nailed every song. They didn't even let the fact that they were getting cigarrete buts thrown on them shorten the show. Not one of my favortie bands, but they were good. What was bad was the crowd. Mostly full of young kids (prob because of their christian reputation) with some regular Amarillo trash throwing things (every show i've been to in Rillo). People tried to crowd surf and got dropped. lol.

I saw 'em in Grand rapids in 97 and they were great. The venue def helped but they def nailed everything.
    make sure the fortune that you seek...is the fortune that you need
  • orgirl wrote:
    30 Seconds to Mars, they opened for Audioslave who rocked! Anyways it was the most awful sound I have ever heard. The singer is some stupid actor (Jered Leto, I think). Well he was up there like everyone was susposed to worship him or something. I think not. He kept calling the crowd fuckers and flipping us off and getting pissed cause no one would do what he wanted. It was pretty funny. Everyone cheered when they left.

i was looking back through this thread to see if anyone had mentioned my worst experience, so i could quote. and here it is. 30 seconds to mars was absolutely the worst live band i've ever seen. The singer acted like a dumb jerk to the crowd and the guitar sound was total crap. didn't realize who the singer was till later and still didn't know what he has acted in till recently. he's the blonde pretty boy in FIGHT CLUB. so now when i hear this crap and on the radio i don't just make a repulsed face and change it. now i think of ed norton beating the fuck out of jarred leto, smile then change it.
    oppie1 wrote:
    have you even ever listened to BHC?

Yes, nothing special IMO. It's not that you like them, thats fine, but that you like them more than PJ that I just don't understand!! I mean they're not even in the same universe as PJ...whatever
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    yield2me wrote:
    Yes, nothing special IMO. It's not that you like them, thats fine, but that you like them more than PJ that I just don't understand!! I mean they're not even in the same universe as PJ...whatever

you people have to realize that theres other bands out there other then PJ, and all the related bands (brad, three fish), and PJ opening bands (MMJ,DCfC, and other, IMO, crap bands).I believe I can honestly say there has not been 1 band that opened for PJ that i really enjoyed, with the exception for Sparta. i love pearl jam, i do.. but right now theres a lull in the PJ camp (the tour is over, no new releases in the near future). So instead of just re-listening to the same stuff over and over again, you need to branch out and discover other bands.

I've seen PJ 41x's in my life. I've travelled all across the country. I've seen some highly rated shows (state college 03, gorge 05, both atlantic city shows 05, fonda 06, letterman webcast), but i think i had more fun seeing BHC last month in a small bar in SoCal with no more then 100 ppl there, and the band only played a 40 min set. They are just so intense live
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    An 80's band called "The Fixx". They really sucked! In fact, most 80's bands are shit!
    G-Man23 wrote:
    An 80's band called "The Fixx". They really sucked! In fact, most 80's bands are shit!

not true.. i saw motley crue last year and they put on a hell of a show
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• are cheap trick from the eighties? cause i saw them in 97' and the kicked ass. corny but excellent. and i've heard that motely crue can SOMETIMES deliver. and their singers voice is crazy high piched in the studio.
    oppie1 wrote:
    you people have to realize that theres other bands out there other then PJ, and all the related bands (brad, three fish), and PJ opening bands (MMJ,DCfC, and other, IMO, crap bands).I believe I can honestly say there has not been 1 band that opened for PJ that i really enjoyed, with the exception for Sparta. i love pearl jam, i do.. but right now theres a lull in the PJ camp (the tour is over, no new releases in the near future). So instead of just re-listening to the same stuff over and over again, you need to branch out and discover other bands.

I've seen PJ 41x's in my life. I've travelled all across the country. I've seen some highly rated shows (state college 03, gorge 05, both atlantic city shows 05, fonda 06, letterman webcast), but i think i had more fun seeing BHC last month in a small bar in SoCal with no more then 100 ppl there, and the band only played a 40 min set. They are just so intense live

I'm into many many other bands besides PJ...listen I just don't agree with you. I don't think that BHC is even in the same league with a band like PJ. Thats like comparing Devo to Led Zep...no comparison, not even close. Anyway, you're entitled to listen to whatever, I just STRONGLY disagree with you.
  • will probably get flamed for this, but ben harper sucks live. i like a lot of his stuff but he is so boring on stage. i struggled really hard to stay awake during his show.

weird thing is, i've seen him 3 times but for some reason whenever he plays the sb bowl, someone always has an extra ticket for me.
    yield2me wrote:
    I'm into many many other bands besides PJ...listen I just don't agree with you. I don't think that BHC is even in the same league with a band like PJ. Thats like comparing Devo to Led Zep...no comparison, not even close. Anyway, you're entitled to listen to whatever, I just STRONGLY disagree with you.

thats the thing.. you stay in the same "league".. don't you realize there are other types of genre's out there? like i stated before, PJ is the softest stuff i listen to.. with metal and hardcore being my main focus, but i touch in many other genre's

your disagreement to my opinion isn't worth the characters on my screen to me
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• edigerediger Posts: 308
    oh boy, I have seen some real stinkers. I worked at the arena here for a while, so during that time, I had to witness;

Hillary Duff
    Motley Crue
    Rod Stewart
    G-Unit
    The Game
    Van Halen (Sammy Hagar sucks)
    Theory Of A Deadman x2
    The Trews x2
    Three Days Grace x2
    and I'm sure there's a few I'm forgetting

and then there's the opening acts. Among the shitty opening acts I've seen are;
    My Chemical Romance
    Clit 45
    Seether
    Three Days Grace (I worked at a show of theirs and then had to watch them open for velvet Revolver 2 days later)
    Hella
    Chantal Kreviazuk
    a local band named Ham that open for the Pixies
    Anti-Flag
    Crowned King

the only concerts I've actaully payed for that sucked balls were AFI, Green Day and the Smashing Pumpkins. The Pumpkins were the single most disappointing band I've seen.

I also went to a festival that had Not By Choice, Sum 41, Treble Charger, Great Big Sea and like 10 other awful bands, but luckily, I was too drunk to remember anything.
    Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    oppie1 wrote:
    not true.. i saw motley crue last year and they put on a hell of a show
    True........I saw them, the crue, in the 1980's.........they sucked.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    I don't doubt it, you don't stay around as long as they have without being a good live band or extremely popular in mainstream radio, and the popularity dropped off about a decade ago. It just seemed like they let some problems in the setup get to them too much and not only did it sound bad, all we got to hear was the singer complaining inbetween songs.
  • two shows come to mind:

1) andrew w.k. at ozzfest a few years ago. that was some bullshit! he played his single, party hard, and then played two more songs (one of which was a duet with kelly osbourne... because apparently that was necessary). he was getting booed real loud and people were throwing beer at him (because his music sucked more than anything that has ever sucked before). so he played party hard AGAIN and ran off the stage. four songs, and two of them were the same fucking song! who does that???

2) tomahawk, opening for tool on the lateralus tour. who would have thought that a band with such an amazing lineup could possibly be that bad? i had never heard their studio recordings but i was excited to see them... and holy shit did they suck. their sound could be best described as gothic showtunes. everyone in the crowd was screaming "YOU SUCK" and throwing water bottles at them. mike patton responds with, "yes, jersey, we suck... but you have to live here!"
  • A Perfect Circle ZZZzzz
  • Calexico = Fucking Boooooorrrring!!!!

Smashing Pumpkins @ Lola 94= No stage presence at all

Megadeth acoustic show???= WHY????(Didnt know it was gonna be acoustic)

Fear Factory= Opened for Ozzy(F.F.= PURE SHIT)

Primus= Talented Musicians but I didnt dig em live
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Red Hot Chili Peppers- Lansdowne Road, can't remember the year. It was just before By The Way came out. Pyure Shite.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Foreigner in their prime. I remember it was like they were playing the songs as fast as they could to get off the stage. Horrible.

Here is a surprise one, I once saw Clapton so high on smack he didn't move. Not that he moves much anyway, but he stood still for his whole.....5 songs@15 minutes long each - blues set. It was painful.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • I saw Black Sabbath Summer 1985 Meadowlands or whatever it was called at the time. Glenn Hughes on vocals,had lost his voice and it sounded like real shit. I think they fired his ass the next day.
  • nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    Two of the worst:

Godflesh, 1992, opening for Skinny Puppy. All this show consisted of was a repetitive drum machine beat, the loudest guitar feedback-high pitched screech and some guy screaming incoherently for 45 minutes. Awesome. Thanks for taking about 10 -15 years of hearing away from me.

Soundgarden, 1994, Red Rocks. This should've been, could've been, a great show. Unfortunately it wasn't. The mix was messed up, Chris' vocals sounded horrible, Ben kept trying to get in a fight with someone in the crowd and it just plain sucked. Disappointing.
  • bacchanalbacchanal Posts: 149
    i saw morrisey at the del mar fairgrounds in 1993.....worst shit I ever saw....absolutely horrible!!! bad sound, bad music, bad TIME!!!