Worst live show you ever saw?

Comments

• Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    smarchee wrote:
    hey Todd76, did you see Soundgarden in Molson Park in 1994 with NIN? I was at that show and was looking forward to see Soundgarden, and I was massively dissapointed. Their show was horrible. Biggest concert disappointment for me ever

Yup - saw that show.....very disappointing. That was the last time I ever saw Soundgardem - learned my leason ;) I remember there were rumors swirling around the park that day that Pearl Jam was gonna show up and play a surprise set....that would have made it a much better day.
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • EvvoEvvo Posts: 195
    Velvet Revolver were fairly shite.
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Stained <
    worst live band EVER!!!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    oppie1 wrote:
    no thanks.. they're not my type of music...

i was bored out of my mind when they opened this year.. .. even ed coming out and singing didnt get me to sit thru part of their set... my god i wat that 45 mins of my life back...

luckily i was smart enough to sit thru them once.. i couldnt do it again if i was paid to

You're the same guy who said that Boy Hits Car is better than Pearl Jam...I'm sorry but your musical opinions don't mean much after saying that.
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    yield2me wrote:
    You're the same guy who said that Boy Hits Car is better than Pearl Jam...I'm sorry but your musical opinions don't mean much after saying that.

and neither do yours..

i saw staind a few times, and i thought they were great

and i didnt say boy hits car is better then pearl jam, i said at this point in my life, i'm liking BHC more then i do pearl jam. besides Love Reign 'Oer Me, i havent listened to a PJ song in almost a month. just because PJ picks a band to open for them, doesnt mean i'm obligated to enjoy them. Death Cab were whiny crap, and MMJ is music to fuck your sister to (southern rock).

I'm more into hard rock and metal, myself. PJ is the lightest stuff i like. I'mbig into bands like BHC, Nonpoint, 10 Years, 36 Crazy Fists, Mushroomhead, Candiria, Mudvayne, Gravity Kills...
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
    oppie1 wrote:

I'm more into hard rock and metal, myself. PJ is the lightest stuff i like. I'mbig into bands like BHC, Nonpoint, 10 Years, 36 Crazy Fists, Mushroomhead, Candiria, Mudvayne, Gravity Kills...

lol exactly
    yield2me wrote:
    lol exactly

and thats supposed to mean what, sweetie?
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• GuinessGuiness Posts: 46
    Jewel - got free tickets and thought a hot yodeling Alaskan might be worth a shot. At one point I think I fell asleep.

My Chemical Romance - they opened for Green Day. Between the distorted guitar and unintelligable vocals, I decided that no amount of Vodka could make them good

Snoop Dog - he opened for RHCP, I guess I just plain hate rap

The Black Crowes - they opened for Tom Petty. They played an hour of absolute crap, does anyone want to hear extened jams of their new songs, the only good moment was when they played Remedy at the end

Kiss - over produced theatrics cannot compensate for shitty songs. They would have been good if they played Rock N Roll All Nite and Detroit Rock City for two hours, I needed to hear Beth like JFK needed a hole in the head
    I got scratches all over my arms, one for each day since I fell apart.

Me you wouldn't recall for I'm not my former.

St. Louis 10/11/00
    West Palm Beach 4/11/03
    Kissimmee 10/8/04
    West Palm Beach 6/12/08
    Tampa 6/13/08
    oppie1 wrote:
    and thats supposed to mean what, sweetie?

It means that in my opinion you have crap taste in music
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Hands down......
    Little T and One Track Mike, who opened for Outkast in 2000. I booed them and yelled shit at them throughout their entire set (I was right near the stage). These black kids next to me threw shit at them and I laughed. They sucked balls.
    yield2me wrote:
    It means that in my opinion you have crap taste in music

and opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink

your taste in music leaves alot to be desired too
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• oppie1 wrote:
    and opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink

your taste in music leaves alot to be desired too

i think ya have crap tastes too.

staind sucks.

ya prolly like linkin park too!

they SUCK!

jk i really dont care, but just as you listen to ur music, i listen to mine.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
    i think ya have crap tastes too.

staind sucks.

ya prolly like linkin park too!

they SUCK!

jk i really dont care, but just as you listen to ur music, i listen to mine.

actually.. we agree on something.. linkin park are craptastic
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• The guy a few posts above, Guiness is write. I saw My Chemical Romance in 2005 and it sounded nothing like them. It Didn't help that Gerard the singer had the flew.

I saw another terrible band open up for AFI this summer called Dillenger Escape Plan. It was way out of place and just shity

7/02/06 Denver
    12/02/06 Honolulu
    The guy a few posts above, Guiness is write. I saw My Chemical Romance in 2005 and it sounded nothing like them. It Didn't help that Gerard the singer had the flew.

I saw another terrible band open up for AFI this summer called Dillenger Escape Plan. It was way out of place and just shity

wait wait wait... you went to see AFI, and you say Dillinger Escape Plan is bad?
    you voluntarily went to AFI? you need to look back and re-assess that situation...
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• oppie1 wrote:
    wait wait wait... you went to see AFI, and you say Dillinger Escape Plan is bad?
    you voluntarily went to AFI? you need to look back and re-assess that situation...

whats your reason not to like AFI. Have you ever thought of them with an open mind. There a good band

7/02/06 Denver
    12/02/06 Honolulu
  • Harvey Danger was terrible, terrible, just plain awful.
    whats your reason not to like AFI. Have you ever thought of them with an open mind. There a good band

yeah.. if you're a 13 yr old girl..
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• Nov. '96...finally got a chance to see Smashing Pumpkins on the Mellon Collie tour.

Billy gets on the mic and says, "You know, we almost didn't play tonight because, quite frankly, it wasn't a sell out."

Sorry bud.

I paid my ticket...I'm sorry your ego was bruised.

As a big Pumpkin fan, I was turned off.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • I saw another terrible band open up for AFI this summer called Dillenger Escape Plan. It was way out of place and just shity

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Excuse while I wipe the tears of laughter from my eyes...
  • The opened up for the Smashing Pumpkins.

The group was wearing silver suits that looked like they were homemade from tinfoil.

What do you call those stupid shiny pants that Billy used to wear or Eddie's bushleaguer jacket?
    Also they were not very good musicians.

Then I wonder why they gave Billy lessons on how to fingerpick properly and Kurt, Eddie, and Billy worshipped their songs. I guess it's because they like to learn from horrid bands.
  • chopitdownchopitdown Posts: 2,222
    The Wallflowers were absolutely terrible. Dishwalla opened up for them and stole the show but the wallflowers were just bad.
    make sure the fortune that you seek...is the fortune that you need
  • sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    I got dragged to a Robbie Krieger show once (he was the guitarist for the Doors). This was way back, before the whole fake Doors with the guy from the Cult. Anyway, not only was the show pretty god awful, they were actually selling Jim Morrison merchandise. Not just plain Doors stuff, but 50 dollar sweaters with Jim's head plastered on it. That is just beyond lame.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • JWBusher wrote:
    What do you call those stupid shiny pants that Billy used to wear or Eddie's bushleaguer jacket?

I call them "Stupid Shiny Pants" and Ed's BL jacket looks like an Elvis halloween costume.

JWBusher wrote:
    Then I wonder why they gave Billy lessons on how to fingerpick properly and Kurt, Eddie, and Billy worshipped their songs. I guess it's because they like to learn from horrid bands.

Just because Eddie, Kurt, & Billy worshipped their songs means nothing. We all have different tastes in music.

Just because someone can "fingerpick" properly doesn't mean you can write good songs and have stage presence. These are things that Eddie, Kurt, & Billy have. Maybe the Frogs could've learned something from them.
    NERDS!
    The Frogs were a fucking shock/novelty act... they aren't really supposed to be "good."
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • The Frogs were a fucking shock/novelty act... they aren't really supposed to be "good."

Exactly! That's why I nominated them in this thread. They were not good.
    NERDS!
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    chopitdown wrote:
    The Wallflowers were absolutely terrible. Dishwalla opened up for them and stole the show but the wallflowers were just bad.
    Really? wow. What tour was this? I saw them, on a co headlining tour with the counting crows back in 97 and thought they were great. I liked the CC too, but my parents were disapointed with the Counting crows.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Just because someone can "fingerpick" properly doesn't mean you can write good songs and have stage presence. These are things that Eddie, Kurt, & Billy have. Maybe the Frogs could've learned something from them.

The Frogs have written and improvised thousands of songs. How many of them have you heard? It was because of their stage presence and ability that Billy and Eddie picked them to open for them. You've seen them one time and you think you're qualified to judge their songwriting? Get real! Billy Corgan wishes that he could write a song as good as Jimmy. In fact he stole and re-wrote one of Jimmy's songs. It's called "1979". Ever heard it?
    The Frogs were a fucking shock/novelty act... they aren't really supposed to be "good."

A novelty shock act? Ever heard their first album? Or the album that Billy Corgan produced? Or their most recent album? Or any of the hundreds of "regular" songs that Jimmy has written? Seen them live lately? No? Then shut the fuck up becuase you don't know what you're talking about.
    JWBusher wrote:
    The Frogs have written and improvised thousands of songs. How many of them have you heard? It was because of their stage presence and ability that Billy and Eddie picked them to open for them. You've seen them one time and you think you're qualified to judge their songwriting? Get real! Billy Corgan wishes that he could write a song as good as Jimmy. In fact he stole and re-wrote one of Jimmy's songs. It's called "1979". Ever heard it?

A novelty shock act? Ever heard their first album? Or the album that Billy Corgan produced? Or their most recent album? Or any of the hundreds of "regular" songs that Jimmy has written? Seen them live lately? No? Then shut the fuck up becuase you don't know what you're talking about.

No one gives a damn. The only reason most anyone here even knows who they are is because they were this bizzare little act that opened for some really big ass bands and got featured in all their novelty shocking glory on the Pumpkins home video, way back in the day.

Please back away and try not to take this sort of thing so seriously, it really isn't worth the trouble.
  • Whatever, buddy. Ignorance is bliss.