Worst live show you ever saw?

miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,450
edited July 2007 in Other Music
Mine would have to be LIT. They were playing at my school a few years back and i figured, what the fuck, why not go and watch a concert. Soooooooooooooooooooooooo fucking horrible. I walked out 3 songs in.

best part: Lead guitar player with that shitty long goatee

Gp(guitar player): You know whats good about a dry campus?

crowd: waiting for a reply

Gp: Fucking nothin...
America...the greatest Country in the world.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I saw this House band called Seven Dead Americans, back in about 1988. There were seven of them, and they were pressing shit into keyboards and banging synth drums, they had a US flag behind them, and they were dressed in Nasa space shuttle uniforms. They were not only shite but also spectacularly witless, if they thought that their shock value gave them any credibility. They were memorable for being the first band I ever saw who got full plastic pint cups of piss hurled at them.
  • JamnPearlJamnPearl Posts: 204
    -No Address (part of a festival)
    -Death Cab For Cutie (opening for PJ)
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    3 Doors Down in February/March 2004. They were pretty bad. Absolutely blown away by then unknown opening act Shinedown and then Tantric.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    1) Van Halen "Diver Down" tour....summer 1983....DLR was way too drunk

2) Motley Crue-opening for Ozzy Osbourne on the "Bark At The Moon" tour...I actually fell asleep during their set.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Thats easy. Eddie Money as part of a radio station promo show in the early 90's. The whole thing was bad (I don't remember who else was on the bill), but man was that horrible. Oh yeah, Corey Feldman was in the audience too, in his Michael Jackson phase with the leather jacket covered with zippers.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Aerosmith. 1980 or 81?? Before they went into rehab. only played 45 min!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • By Far... Bullet for my valentine.

Yes, they were the opening act (for GNR), but they SUCKED SOOOO MUCH!

PPL were plugging their ears during the set and booing them. It was torture.
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • moemoe6434moemoe6434 Posts: 467
    The Datsuns, the opened for the Pixies. The were heckled teh whole time on stage, practically booed off the stage, they were so fed up they left mid set by throwing thier instruments down on the stage and walked off.

The worst part about it, was i had second row seats and the Datsuns seriously smelled, as soon as they hit the stage we smelled BAAAAAD Body Odor but it all disappeared once the left teh stage. Maybe they were so drunk they pissed themselves, dunno. All i know is that i would not flip them a dime on the street is i saw them performa again.
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    Gob Roberts was the absolute worse.

Death Cab For Cutie and Kings of Lean just plain sucked.

Sleater-Kinney hurt my ears but I know some people really like them.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    ashamed to admit that i saw them..

Vertical Horizon...

i think Sum 41 opened for them and if i remember right, it seemed like they were dogging Vertical Horizon before they even started!

i dont remember anything specific as to what made it bad.. any concert that was not very good is still "well at least it was better than Vertical Horizon"
  • RiderRider Posts: 125
    The Flaming Lips. They dont even play their instruments live. I had to leave. Critical darlings, my A$$.
    We all walk the Long Road...

Charlotte & Raleigh Lollapalooza 1992, Charlotte Memorial 1996, Tibet Freedom Concert 1998, Raleigh & Greenville 1998, Greensboro 2000, Raleigh & Camden 2003, Asheville 2004, Camden 2006, DC 2008, Atlanta 2012  Charlottesville 2013, Charlotte 2013
     Greenville, (XRaleighX) and Hampton 2016, London Hyde Park, Quebec City and Ottawa 2022, St Paul (hopefully) 2023
  • stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    Metallica @the Forum

Dear James Hetfield
    Give It Up Already! Your Not Mad......your A Millionaire ...and You Can't Sing!
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    Rider wrote:
    The Flaming Lips. They dont even play their instruments live. I had to leave. Critical darlings, my A$$.

uhhh, yeah they do....unless you're talking about the backing track, which i dont think they're going to be bringing in an orchestra to help out.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
    1) Monster Magnet - i didn't pay to see the show, i was working at this concert hall at the time........the place was half empty......the guitar players were standing on risers when they took their cheesy ass speed metal solos........it was so overblown and awful it was almost mildly entertaining

2) Metallica - 2004.........everyone else in the arena loved it.........it was soooooo not my scene, i went with my friend just to say i saw one of the giant bands of modern rock.........that was the one concert where i remember looking at my watch and wondering how much more of this shit i have to sit through

3) Bob Dylan - 2005.............he's my idol and i love the man and i have seen shows of his that were awesome...........but the last time i saw him he was singing in a certain way that was so fuckin annoying it killed the whole concert for me (and we all know how rough his voice is to begin with).........i had a ticket for the next night and just threw it out.....
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    i saw lit last year at the florida music festival....pretty bad, i walked out after i finished my drink!! everclear was pretty bad that year also. they brought in third eye blind this year, and i must say i was BORED!! i hate that they always bring in washed up bands from the 90s to headline this festival. oh well...it's still kinda new, so hopefully we'll get something good next year!!
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    The Smashing Pumpkins on the Summersault 2000 tour. They were just HORRIBLE. Also, I am not a fan of Sleater-Kinney. I would not be able to listen to them in concert again. I know they have their fans but I am not amongst them.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    oh god why am i even owning up to this. i saw britney spears when i was 14 left after 10 songe spent the rest of the concert hanging out with a local radio station(Z100) was on the air 3 times for the coutdown and cause they wanted to give the listner the best paret of the show. no one is gonna beat this

*runs for his life and ducks for flying debris*
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    Red Hot Chili Peppers @ Rock in Rio 3 , Jan. 2001.

200.000+ people. Californication hitting big on the airwaves. Lots of expectation.

And such a flat performance... No rock, no funk, no mojo and at the end A. Kiedes lefting the stage way before the band finished jamming. What a huge letdown...
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • JamnPearlJamnPearl Posts: 204
    adam42381 wrote:
    3 Doors Down in February/March 2004. They were pretty bad. Absolutely blown away by then unknown opening act Shinedown and then Tantric.

Shinedown are incredible live.
  • miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,450
    Also i saw Bush/veruca Salt....You know you suck when a chick band like Veruca Salt blows you completely off the stage.

Gavin Stefani(gay) would like play 3 different solo songs in his set. Glycerine wasnt bad, but then the other 2 were just plain horrible. All the girls there thought he was god too.....so i kissed ass and was like "yea hes a real talent", i didnt get laid...Fuck Bush!
    America...the greatest Country in the world.
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    Id have to go with Three Days Grace, they bored the shit out of me. And also Billy Talent played before them, and those guys are awesome and so full of energy. And after them Three Days Grace just let me down big time.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • TowermanTowerman Posts: 228
    1) Nickelcrap or Nickelback... whatever,
    for some reason that I would never understand Jerry Cantrell was opening for them in NYC, Cantrell rocked the place as usual, just like 3 weeks after Layne's passing and then Nickelback came out... they were horrible, I know I should've left after Cantrell's set but because I had nothing to do that night and already was there I decided to stay. Lamest band ever, they even played their biggest hit twice, first acoustic and then a full band version. It was really sad to see how many hot girls were into them.

2) Puddle of Mud, there was these free extreme sport event in Randalls Island and Puddle of Mud played there... bored as shit, the singer looked like a mediocre Kurt Cobain wannabe.
    speaking as a child of the 90's
  • SteveMurraySteveMurray Posts: 66
    billy corgan solo... what the hell was he thinking
  • EnigmaEnigma Posts: 59
    One of the worst that I've seen was These Arms Are Snakes. They opened for Isis and I am still puzzled to this day about the pairing. Anyways, TAAS was absolutely decrepid. Typical scream-o with a drummer who seems disconnected from the rest of the band and mind-numbingly bashes away on his kit with poor skill. The supposed "lead" guitarist stumbled on his solos yet acted as if he were Jimmy Page on stage. The worst of all was the vocalist who was incoherent, a bit drunk, and bouncing around the stage like a pinball. He even climbed up some rafters and stood around in a daze as if he were Vedder from 91.

When I go to concerts, I try and be respectful of a group's work even if I don't like it. But listening to These Arms Are Snakes play really made me angry and nearly walk out. I despise bands who are arrogant and lack any type of musicianship. The thing that sets me off is that the crowd actually enjoyed it (teeny-boppers in the house)...
  • orgirlorgirl Posts: 35
    30 Seconds to Mars, they opened for Audioslave who rocked! Anyways it was the most awful sound I have ever heard. The singer is some stupid actor (Jered Leto, I think). Well he was up there like everyone was susposed to worship him or something. I think not. He kept calling the crowd fuckers and flipping us off and getting pissed cause no one would do what he wanted. It was pretty funny. Everyone cheered when they left.
  • Hands down, Oasis. I went 'cos my date wanted to go. What a bunch of arrogant assholes. The singer brother would moan his words with his hands behind his back, then while the other one did his solo or whatever, he sat on the drum riser with his head in his hands sipping his bottled water. I left midway through and waited out in the lobby area.
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    tybird wrote:
    1) Van Halen "Diver Down" tour....summer 1983....DLR was way too drunk

2) Motley Crue-opening for Ozzy Osbourne on the "Bark At The Moon" tour...I actually fell asleep during their set.

at least they were consistent, you just listed the worst band of all time Motley Crew (I refuse their bullshit spelling, just because Tommy Lee can't read doesn't me I can't) and a running joke that still hasn't died in VH. As bad as those are I think my holds up pretty good. Seether last year opening for soundgarden and Rage Against the Machine (again since I only went to see the four soundgarden and ratm songs they play that's who I saw). Fuck I think I hate Seether as much as any band not named motley crew.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    besides some shitty bands in a battle of the bands i saw once, i'd have to say Sleater-Kinney wasn't very great...

the worst has to be O.A.R.
    They just gave me a headache with the damn sax solo in every damn song...
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • jwb22jwb22 Posts: 5
    I would have to say THE WHO IN 86 AT ALPINE VALLEY.. It rained all week and the Dead were just their. Nobody could sit on the hill . After every song they wanted a stading ovation . Hundreds of people waanted their money back afetr 4 songs..
    "I Wanna Be Sedated"
  • Clifwith1fClifwith1f Posts: 143
    I'd have to say Institute...Gavin Stefani's new band. They opened for U2 (who were amazing). I've never seen someone look so awkward on stage as Gavin Rossdale. Horribel show.