Worst live show you ever saw?

Comments

• Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    dirtyT wrote:
    Worse than the time you saw the Backstreet Boys?

Almost. Up there with the Spice girls and New Kids on the Block.
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    Gremmie95 wrote:
    Almost. Up there with the Spice girls and New Kids on the Block.
    well it was cool when Sporty spice and posh spich made out!!
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    Honestly, Pearl Jam in St. Paul 2003. I've never seen the band so lazy or uninspired.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • PlantPage55PlantPage55 Posts: 136
    Okay...let me go back through my memory...

Weird Al - My first concert. He was an AWESOME performer and every song was spot on, but he kept having to change set pieces and costumes, so after every 3 songs he would take a 10 minute break. For a kid, that was tough to handle. But he encored with "Yoda", so all was forgiven.

Sno Core Tour:
    Chevelle was great, but you couldn't see them. There was too much smoke and lights.

Helmet rocked even though I was never a fan of them.

Crossfade are lame.

Future Leaders of the World - these guys sucked ass. I'm glad they broke up. You could barely hear the lead singer and he looked pissed at the world the whole time. After two songs he asked the audience a question, but he depressingly muttered through it - so nobody knew what he said. No one responded so he said, "Whatever...fuck it..." and then they played two more songs and left. Absolute shit.

Strata was pretty good for a relatively unknown band at the time. The lead singer was really cool and personable.

Tom Petty and PJ was great in St. Paul last year.

Audioslave and Seether were good too.

JJO Bandcamp in Madison, WI:
    I only went to this shit-heap because my buddies were. I had to stand in the heat through some really shitty bands.

Hurt was the first band and they were GREAT. The crowd didn't seem into the whole violin thing, but I thought it was awesome.

Soil was a surprise guest and even though I'm not a fan, they definitely brought the most energy.

Three Days Grace blew ass. I hate that band in the first place, but the lead singer kept having to take cig breaks every two songs.

Nonpoint and Hinder were snoozejobs.

Dope was AWFUL. They played like 4 songs - one of them was an awful cover of "You Spin Me Right Round." They kept telling us to do awful stuff like get into fights with each other and fight cops. They just seem like awful people.

Staind was okay. I give them a lot of props because some douchebags were throwing dirt clumps at them, but they still gave us a full show and didn't mention it once. I'm a mild fan of theirs and I was happy to just hear all their hits.
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,464
    fuck cincy...........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • yield2me wrote:
    Jesus Christ!! How could you possibly say that Tool's show is boring??? The visual effects that are going on alone are worth the price to go see them. They have something like 6 screens going with insane videos and graphics, lasers, smoke, fire etc! I'm sorry but these guys act is top notch and if you can't be entertained by them then you are lost my friend.

I used to be a huge Tool fan but when I saw them at Bonnaroo it was BORING. Their set list is so rehearsed and they hardly ever change it up. I'm sorry I spent my money to see them more than once on this tour because they played almost the same show each time I saw them. It takes more than lights and lasers to have a good show. Pearl Jam had the right mix but unfortunately they had to stop their lasers because of whinny people who can't look at lights and listen to music at the same time. I sure hope none of those people drive while listening to the radio.

The worst concerts I have ever seen would have to be Korn at Ozzfest because what's his name can't sing live. Blink182 would be the other one. The only reason it was worth it to go to that show was because I had free tickets and I was able to buy discounted Primus tickets at the show. We spent most of the time in the bar area with parents who weren't too thrilled to be there either.
    The reason the main stream is thought of as a stream is because it's so shallow. -George Carlin-
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755

Nonpoint and Hinder were snoozejobs.
    nonpoint are fantastic live... i've seen them about a half dozen times.. every time i left satisfied...

i love how Elias gets the whole place to jump during Endure
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    evenflow82 wrote:
    Honestly, Pearl Jam in St. Paul 2003. I've never seen the band so lazy or uninspired.

Really? I thought it was a good show!

Also, not as an excuse, but Eddie had a bad cold the night before in Fargo, so I'm sure that would play into why it would seem lazy to some.

Lets see.....U2 back on the Pop-Mart tour. It wasn't a bad concert per say, but it was at a football stadium, so way to big and really bad acoustics.

When I saw Placebo this last November I was highly disappointed. Way to short of a set.

Also, I don't care what anyone says, I enjoyed Thirty Seconds To Mars the 2 times I've seen them. Then again, they were the headliners, and I like them, so there you go.
  • The Darkness - just terrible, saw them supporting the Wildhearts in Brighton then again at Reading Festival. Awful both times.

Blink 182 - Reading Festival. The sound was all over the place, they looked like they couldn't be bothered and the crowd hated them. They were really high up on the bill as well.

Dropkick Murphy's - Astoria - I really wanted to love this gig but the singer was terrible on the night and the band never really got into gear. Major disappointment.
    Then you had to bring up reincarnation over a couple of beers the other night
  • darthdarth Posts: 139
    Chevelle was pretty bad live. So was Adema. Both of those were as opening acts though.
    9/16/95; 10/14/00; 10/15/00; 10/17/00; 4/5/03; 4/6/03; 10/04/09; 11/12/12 (Ed); 11/16/13; 10/12/14
  • fisttothejawfisttothejaw Posts: 234
    had to be Petra in '93

If you know who this band is, you'll understand...
    San Diego 10/25/00
    Irvine 6/03/03
    Los Angeles 7/9/06
    Los Angeles 7/10/06
    Los Angeles 7/12/08 (VH1 Rock Honors the Who)
    Los Angeles 10/01/09
    Los Angeles 4/12/08 (EV solo)
    Los Angeles 10/06/09
    MSG 5/20/10
    San Diego 7/5/11 (EV solo)
    Los Angeles 11/23/13
    Los Angeles 11/24/13
    Sao Paulo, Brazil 11/14/15
    Ohana Encore 10/01/21
    San Diego 5/03/22
    Los Angeles 5/21/24
    Los Angeles 5/22/24
  • had to be Petra in '93

If you know who this band is, you'll understand...

aren't they a christian rock band?
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • spnoonespnoone Posts: 626
    it felt like siouxzxkqzxie sue would never end both times i saw the first lollapalooza tour.

and (while waiting for nin) being 5 feet from marilyn manson and the equally talented dildo he wore was about as much fun as dysentery.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    The Darkness - just terrible, saw them supporting the Wildhearts in Brighton then again at Reading Festival. Awful both times.

Blink 182 - Reading Festival. The sound was all over the place, they looked like they couldn't be bothered and the crowd hated them. They were really high up on the bill as well.

Dropkick Murphy's - Astoria - I really wanted to love this gig but the singer was terrible on the night and the band never really got into gear. Major disappointment.
    what year did you see blink, caus if it was before there break up, then yes they played like shit. give DM another chance, every band has a "off night". ive always wanted to see DM up in boston for st patricks day
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Live in '95. They were so bad I almost fell asleep during the show.
    And Bob Dylan in '94. This show was the first date for my now husband and I. Dylan was so drunk he was stumbling across the stage and was slurring. He was an embarrassment and it was an awful show, but the date itself turned out great!
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,744
    Alice Cooper last summer. Saw it for free and am glad I payed no $. Just a terrible act. His guitarists were pretty good but man, he just walks around the stage like he's trying to be king with his scepter. The crowd loved the show, but I thought it was terrible with bad acting. You know what I mean by acting if you've ever seen Cooper.
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    joe walsh years ago . we left.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    what year did you see blink, caus if it was before there break up, then yes they played like shit. give DM another chance, every band has a "off night". ive always wanted to see DM up in boston for st patricks day

I can second Blink... a God awful show. The paper refered to the show as "Beevis and Butthead without the nachos." The band sounded out of practice, and Tom's vocals sounded terrible. I went to this shpw cause my friend didn't want to go by himself (I can understand that,it's boring). but I'd still love my 25 bucks back from Blink for that show, it was sooo bad.

Bad religion opened and they were just as bad and they were on the first time I saw them on warped tour 98. I did meet the band before they played though
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    hole, whatever year they did lollapoloza w/ sonic youth, beck, elastica... they came on right before sonic youth so i wanted to get close...god they sucked ass...courtney wouldn't shut the fuck up yelling at ppl in the crowd...blah

elastica sounded amazing, btw
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    RATM - drove 4 hours to see them and they play a 65 set! Was not even the fact that it was a short show but how they played it . Robotic like. Just to get it done. RATM that show sucked!
  • I guess The Ataris at the Palladium in Worcester, MA like four years ago or somethin. I won free tickets. I didn't actually buy them or anything :)

That and CKY, which my friend dragged me to last year in Northampton, MA.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • danielheyesdanielheyes Posts: 362
    mr scruff at liverpool uni,his album-keep it unreal is quality and he advertised a tour in support of the album,now forgive me for being stupid here but that means he will be playing live songs from his album(for 12 quid a ticket i want live songs anyhoo) but i digress,the point being,i got there to here a dj playing some cool motown stuff and thought this is the support dj to get us in a dancy mood,then to my horror i found out it was mr scruff playing records and later he is gonna put his album on for us to hear mixed........dick,cant even play live,i complained to a member of staff and wrote mr scruff a nasty letter and handed it to him before i left early!!

if you are mr scruff and you read this,take note you sell-out,kop-out con-merchant........

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh,that felt good.
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
  • ArctangentArctangent Posts: 614
    I guess The Ataris at the Palladium in Worcester, MA like four years ago or somethin. I won free tickets. I didn't actually buy them or anything :)

that reminds me of atari teenage riot supporting nin in 1999 at brixton. it was right before they split and they were not happy bunnies. 35 minutes of howling feedback, electronic beeps and disjointed rythms. truely awful.

even funnier they released that set as a live album too! as if anyone needed reminding.
  • danedane Posts: 1,062
    Glad I found this thread. A nice place to vent my frustration.
    I have just seen Red Hot chilli Peppers on this years Roskilde Festival. They were among the very top of the headlining acts. But man, did they suck!!
    I have always been a fan of them, but haven't got the last 2 albums. IMO they have stopped evolving and the new albums are just a continuation of the last. But I was really looking forward to seeing them again. But everything just sucked big time! The soundvolume was way down. Ok, not their fault. But when I went closer to the stage and speakers I started to hear what crappy live musicians they are. Kiedis voice wouldn't qualify for the first round of American Idol!! The members didn't seem to be in tune and they just couldn't get whatever energy they might have across to the audience. After a few songs people started walking away! On a festival where they are headlining! That says alot!!
    I read 4 reviews of the show and none gave it more than a single star.
    In my 12 years of going to the Roskilde Festival and having seen more than a hundred concerts I can honestly say that this show is the worst I have ever seen!
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Miami Sound Machine @ 1987 . . . should not have worn those Jams!
    "The legacy of Surrealism after 1968 must surely follow artists, writers, thinkers and activists who are committed to the power of the unconscious and to the imagination of other possible worlds."

- Alyce Mahon
  • I saw Dinosaur Jr the other night, they were pretty terrible for a band of their size
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Aerosmith in 197?. They were so messed up. Steve T got busted for coke at the show, on stage it was all over his face. I was a young teenager at the time so it taught me a lot about idolizing rock stars and apprieciatng good live bands. Has stuck w/ me forever, thats why I am a HUGE Pearl Jam fan!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    Teenage Fanclub - The venue opened an hour late cos of sound issues and it was pretty obvious they hadn't sorted them out, since the vocals were impossible to hear (and I was front centre!). TF's songs are good, but the riffs are mediocre at best, the chord progressions aren't exactly mind blowing. Shame.

Also saw a rubbish duo support Nick Oliveri at an acoustic show. They bailed on most the songs half way through and were totally offkey. They ended up so embarrassed they cut their set early and didn't even mention their name. I felt sorry for them, it's the only time I've seen a band that so clearly realised they were awful.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Has to be for me, KORN (twice! and twice they were awful....) or the DEFTONES

wasn't really a fan of either anymore (kinda grew out of them, not saying that Adreneline and Korn aren't fantastic albums...) when I finally got to see them, but I thought it would be good for nostalgic purposes....

What a load of shit.

Deftones sound was terrible, sounded like they were playing in a jar of jam and Chino had consumed so many pies that morning that he got out of breath just walking on stage. He couldn't hold a scream to save his life let alone a note.... terrible.

KoRn? they were abismal.... the first time i saw them they just walked on, played, terribly, then walked off. Wasn't even a recognition that the audience were even there! you might as well as just put a cd on and put cardboard cut outs on stage.
    The second time, Jonathon (another lead singer a little too fond of pastry products...) wasn't even there! they had to get a 'guest' vocalist.... when I say 'guest' I mean Corey 'oh my god i'm sooooo metal I can scream fuck and wear a mask' Taylor from Shitknot.... again, terrible. I have to hand it to the rest of the band though, they seem to come alive and talk to the audience more when Jonathon 'Stick up his ass' Davis isn't in attendance.... mind control? maybe.....

I've been to so many gigs and festivals (where, to be honest, most of the live music crimes have been commited.... you don't think i'd pay money to see these bands own shows do you?! only good thing is i'm normally too wrecked to notice...) that I couldn't possibly discuss all of the simply awful live music i've seen but I do also have to give a special mention to Evanesence and The Darkness.... shite.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • ArctangentArctangent Posts: 614
    I saw Dinosaur Jr the other night, they were pretty terrible for a band of their size

what, you mean fat bastards?