Worst live show you ever saw?

Comments

• BlyssBlyss Posts: 166
    belfast1 wrote:
    heres the worst 3 for me:

1. david gray at odyssey belfast - yawn we walked out before end

3. strokes at oxegen 2004 - drunk as hell, sloppy and all over the place

wow I can't believe both of these I saw both of them and thought they were second to none live.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Lizard wrote:
    Aerosmith. 1980 or 81?? Before they went into rehab. only played 45 min!!
    consider yourself lucky. i heard once just to shake things up the band decided to play their set backwards. so they play one song and steve tyler thinking it's the last song, leaves the stage. funny shit. funny, but sad that he was so fucked up.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Zwan they sucked.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • piaget77piaget77 Posts: 156
    Deerhoof.
  • smokeabudsmokeabud Posts: 253
    Journey 1980 Alpine Valley , no encore . booooooooooooooooooooo
    Vote for PJ to play in Alaska

11/91 chicago
    7/11/95 chicago
    6/29/98 chicago
    5/30/00 london UK
    6/4/00 manchester UK
    10/8/00 alpine valley
    10/9/00 chicago
    6/18/03 chicago

PLAY ALASKA U PUSSIES
  • ArctangentArctangent Posts: 614
    megadeth, when they were touring peace sells...

most of their stage show and equipment was impounded at heathrow airport and they were so late to the venue due to them being searched for drugs that they had no time to soundcheck. they arrived on stage an hour late, played (badly) for an hour and buggered off. boy was mustaine pissed off. so pissed off he forgot how to play most of their songs.
  • Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    jamie cullum @ delamere forest last year

why oh why did my otherwise fantastic wife think it would be a good idea to go and watch that shit with all the hooray henrys of the cheshire set, and there fuckin picnic blankets on the hill. Oh god i think im gonna be sick just thinking about the bloody awful thing!!!! im glad to say we left long before the show had finished, and we had to get two trains and two taxis to get there, biggest waste of time/money/effort/breath EVER!

i feel like ive exorcised that from my soul now, thanks to the threadstarter ;)

slayer at leeds last year was a close second...............utter dog toss
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    Tool last year.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    without a doubt Tool, I am better off going to a wax museum next time, cause they are zombies on stage, no movement at all, and you can barely see the stage cause its so dark for the entire performance, there were people sleeping in my section, and not to mention every song I didn't know sounded the same, people say they are up their with PJ as far as live shows go but I just don't see how, but they did make 2 great albums. They sound EXACTLY like they do on CD which makes it an even more boring experience! Very talented band, but they just bore me!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    TheGossman wrote:
    without a doubt Tool, I am better off going to a wax museum next time, cause they are zombies on stage, no movement at all, and you can barely see the stage cause its so dark for the entire performance, there were people sleeping in my section, and not to mention every song I didn't know sounded the same, people say they are up their with PJ as far as live shows go but I just don't see how, but they did make 2 great albums. They sound EXACTLY like they do on CD which makes it an even more boring experience! Very talented band, but they just bore me!

I agree, I had a standing ticket but went and found an empty seat about 20 mins in and then left early a complete waste of money.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • No_ones_rivalNo_ones_rival Posts: 385
    3 Doors Down at some rock festival before they were big
    also Lit at warped tour... neither band could play for shit
    Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Goo Goo Dolls were quite terrible live
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    Scott Weiland on his solo album tour. I think it was 1998 or something. He came out in a tutu and was just the worst thing I have ever seen and or heard.

There was this other artist, not sure on the name. She opened up for System of a Down and Incubus. Sounded like Yoko Ono on speed!
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,138
    My worst would have to be Jimmy Eat World. They weren't particularly bad on stage, it was just really generic and they had no passion or emotion that night so the crowd didn't really get involved. It was a festival type event that they headlined, but had the misfortune of playing after Our Lady Peace. OLP put on an amazing show, given the limited time on stage and that could be affecting my memory of Jimmy Eat World as well.
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    If any of you have been to the Pearl Street Mall in boulder, Colorado, USA, you'd know there are some truly shit performers. My (least favorite) was a hippie with a drum. tis was his song:

(Hit drum 3 times) Can you spare a doolllaaarr?
    (Hit drum 3 times) do you have some chaaaannge?
    (Hit drum 3 times) Sir, Can you spare a doolllaaarr? If not, god bless you anyway (hit drum twice.)

It was shit-tastic.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    If any of you have been to the Pearl Street Mall in boulder, Colorado, USA, you'd know there are some truly shit performers. My (least favorite) was a hippie with a drum. tis was his song:

(Hit drum 3 times) Sir, Can you spare a doolllaaarr? If not, god bless you anyway (hit drum twice.)

It was shit-tastic.

Brilliant
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • ChrisChris Posts: 116
    I agree, I had a standing ticket but went and found an empty seat about 20 mins in and then left early a complete waste of money.
    Did you guys go to the MEN gig in November? I was there too in seats - had never seen them before and kind of enjoyed but definitely wasnt the amazing show Id expected. I think the MEN was just too big for them - was half full so just no atmos. Tickets at Apollo went on Sale today so Im going to give that a try - I reckon the show will be better in a smaller venue...
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    edited February 2021
    I saw them in Amarillo, TX and they really nailed every song. They didn't even let the fact that they were getting cigarrete buts thrown on them shorten the show. Not one of my favortie bands, but they were good. What was bad was the crowd. Mostly full of young kids (prob because of their christian reputation) with some regular Amarillo trash throwing things (every show i've been to in Rillo). People tried to crowd surf and got dropped. lol.
    I was at that show as well, lol. I had a blast, but there was a good portion of the croud that was out of control. I still have vivid memories of seeing people croud surf and then get thrown to the ground. The impact of them hitting the ground actually made the ground shake................it had to hurt. I think the worst show I have been to was Nickelback. Horrible music, out of control croud, and a drunk cowboy that had pierced his nipples with flashing coors light pins that were being passed out...............
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    Alex_Coe wrote:

It was shit-tastic.

In retrospect that was an awesome song.
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    danzig was pretty bad
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    The worst concert I've ever attended and experienced would have to be the Stanford Prison Experiment. They opened for RATM in 1996, and they were utter shit. Halfway through their set, people were booing and throwing shit. Turned out to not be a good idea b/c Rage came out an hour and a half after the band left the stage, played 40 minutes, and then left. It was against SPE though b/c the venue was packed with temperatures reaching 95 degrees.

Other notables:
    Soundgarden (Great band, but absolutely horrible live)
    Smashing Pumpkins (During the MCIS tour. Billy was in a shitty mood, and the venue sucked. Made for a bad night. They made up for it in Asheville. A 10X better show)
    Sleater-Kinney (just awful)
    Death Cab (thank God for the 45 minute piss break they offered)
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Marilyn Manson. I've been to my fair share of shows, and I'm willing to go see almost any show for the sake of seeing a live show. But this guy/band was just fucking awful - I mean awful.

I've never had a bad experience seeing MM. I've seen him 3 times and every time has been amazing. You must have just caught him on a bad night.
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    TheGossman wrote:

Jesus Christ!! How could you possibly say that Tool's show is boring??? The visual effects that are going on alone are worth the price to go see them. They have something like 6 screens going with insane videos and graphics, lasers, smoke, fire etc! I'm sorry but these guys act is top notch and if you can't be entertained by them then you are lost my friend.
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241
    piaget77 wrote:
    Deerhoof.
    Actually I thought they kicked ass opening for Radiohead last year.

Granted the singing was pretty irritating at times but the music was really cool. The drummer and the guitarist were fun to watch too. Not fantastic or anything but far from the worst I've seen.

How about Paddy Casey opening for PJ at The Point last year... :confused:
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,848
    not counting 100s of opening bands

Phil and friends 2002 or so.....snooze fest
    govt mule 2006

those are the only two shows Ive ever walked out of
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    rose hill drive. Saw them open for the who the 2nd time I saw them. Sorry just not my kind of music.

The Feds (saw them open for the Burden Brothers last weekend and the Toadies a few months ago). Along the lines of Rose Hill drive. I respect what these bands do, but the emo wanna be punk screaming is obnoxious. sorry.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    opening bands:
    MMJ
    sonic youth
    DCfC
    finger 11

headliners:
    godsmack(i like this band alot.. but i've seen them a half dozen times, and they put on a boring show)
    sevendust (same as godsmack.. love their music, hate their live show)
    DMB (fell asleep at the show.. only went cause ben harper opened)
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    Steve Miller in 2001. Not a good show at all.
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    Gremmie95 wrote:
    Steve Miller in 2001. Not a good show at all.
    Worse than the time you saw the Backstreet Boys?
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • Wednesday 13 - I had the misfortune of arriving at the venue too early (I bought the tix solely for the headliner only - the 69 Eyes - who absolutely ROCK). Wednesday 13 was the direct support, and I don't think I've ever witnessed such a crap performance. The songs themselves were terrible, a shitty homage to the Misfits, if the Misfits were to play cruddy blues-based horror punk. To top it off, the band members overemphasized showmanship to the point where they were screwing up their crappy music (ex: the drummer would twirl and wave his sticks around enough to disrupt the basic 4/4 beat he was supposed to be playing).