Worst live show you ever saw?

Comments

• Rider wrote:
    The Flaming Lips. They dont even play their instruments live. I had to leave. Critical darlings, my A$$.

probably one of the best live experiences ive been to. and yes, they do play instruments live.......some of the music uses pre-recorded stuff because the album used special effects.........radiohead uses tons of pre-recorded stuff live too.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    I've seen some shitty shows in my flannel days.....these were the worst:

Stone Temple Pilots - Weiland was an asshole.....challenging everyone in the crowd to fight. The Mighty Mighty Bosstones opened - they rocked!!!!!

Red Hot Chili Peppers - A. Kiedis can't sing to save his soul. It was a free show.....all I lost was time. So boring!!!!

Soundgarden - another instance of a singer who can't perform live (and this was over 10 years ago - so no excuses about him losing his voice.....he always sucked)
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • Todd76 wrote:
    I've seen some shitty shows in my flannel days.....these were the worst:

Stone Temple Pilots - Weiland was an asshole.....challenging everyone in the crowd to fight. The Mighty Mighty Bosstones opened - they rocked!!!!!

Red Hot Chili Peppers - A. Kiedis can't sing to save his soul. It was a free show.....all I lost was time. So boring!!!!

Soundgarden - another instance of a singer who can't perform live (and this was over 10 years ago - so no excuses about him losing his voice.....he always sucked)

the bosstones do rock......was lucky to see them in 2003 at hampton beach, nh before they went on hiatus. i hope they return someday.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Limp Bizkit and the Prodigy - both sucked at the Lowlands festival in the beginning of this century...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • parel jam wrote:
    Limp Bizkit and the Prodigy - both sucked at the Lowlands festival in the beginning of this century...

i could have told ya that going in :)
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I'm supposed to go see the chili Peppers tonight 1/13/07 so hopefully the weather still allows us to drive down there safely and the show is still scheduled as of right now 11:30am. I'm hoping it's a good show, and I don't have to add them to this list... I really hope I don't :eek:. I'll let you all know how it is though, assuming we still can make it to the show, and goes on as scheduled.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • the bosstones do rock......was lucky to see them in 2003 at hampton beach, nh before they went on hiatus. i hope they return someday.
    fuck yeah..............

how can you not like these guys?????????

the dancing guy was fucking great....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gik_qXgDMZs
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    Bob Dylan acoustic...i almost fell asleep.

Neil Young acoustic...he was really drunk and and slurring words badly.
    Never got up out of his chair the entire show, and i love Neil Young.
    Nice shirt.
  • Todd76 wrote:

Your a dick basing it on your single experience. What pisses me off is that people like you got to see them and I won't. Look up his live stuff on you tube.
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Your a dick basing it on your single experience. What pisses me off is that people like you got to see them and I won't. Look up his live stuff on you tube.

Actually I saw Soundgarden live 3 times - and he sucked everytime. I still like Soundgarden....but some bands just ain't that great live.
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • unfortunately for me, the worst show i ever saw(i haven't been to many) was pearl jam. november 5, 2000 - seattle. this was night 1 - not night 2. it was my first ever show. they played a good show, but eddie thought the crowd was a little out of it, and boy did he slam us the next night. if you own night 2, you know what i'm talking about. plus, night 2 was featured on touring band 2000, 5 songs made it on. not 1 song from the previous night, the show i attended. i was supposed to be at the last show. but after my tickets were confirmed, they added a second show. and the second show turned out to be THE SHOW to go to. it turned out to be one of the best and most memorable shows they ever played. unfortunately for me, i was on a plane heading home by the time they took the stage. but i've been to 4 more shows since then that have more than made up for it. although i'll never quite get over it. i so wish i was there on night 2. : (

Edit: just to confirm, it had NOTHING to do with the music. just a bad atmosphere. plus the fact that night 2 was so much better.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • smashing pumpkins whatever year the 1979 song came out corgan sounded like shit and the guitars were way off the whole show. dave matthews the crash tour very boring. and bon jovi in the 80's...i know what the hell was i even doing there? well i was trying to pick up chicks... but fell fast asleep totally knocked out and wasn't even buzzed.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Yeah...whoever said the Flaming Lips is re-todd ed. They are one of the best live shows around right now. Quite an experience.

Anyway, I've seen 3 Doors Down and Nickelback live back in the day. It sucked.
  • - I'm sorry to say that i saw the vines around the time that their first album came out. The crowd wasn't really into it and the band was awful.

- A band called Closure that opened up for sevendust in 2002. That's probably the worst live act i've ever seen

- The Chili Peppers on the californication tour. 80-90% of the show was stuff off of the new album. Very boring.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    saw the Kiss/Aerosmith tour in 04 in Hershey, i think it was.. Kiss were fucking awful..

Ben Harper/DMB at Veterans Stadium in Philly- only went cuz ben was opening, i actually slept thru DMB

Death Cab, Sonic Youth, My Morning Jacket opening for PJ.. uttter crap
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • 30 Seconds to Mars opening up for Audioslave. Horrible, horrible band.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
    30 Seconds to Mars opening up for Audioslave. Horrible, horrible band.

i really dig 30 Seconds album.. great cd.. i wanna see them live
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• lanners wrote:
    Meatloaf...he's a pompous jackass who threw a temper tantrum because 20,000 people were throwing pizza box tops up in the air during his long-winded set. (although i have to give mad props for his role as Bitch Tits in Fight Club)

his name was robert paulson.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    oppie1 wrote:
    Ben Harper/DMB at Veterans Stadium in Philly- only went cuz ben was opening, i actually slept thru DMB
    I actually slept through Motley Crue when opened for Ozzy on the "Bark at the Moon" tour......blah, what a horrible band.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • probably having my friend force me to go see CKY in northampton, ma. they weren't horrible, but by far the worst concert i've been to. the death metal band called 'down the drain' that opened for them sealed the deal for me. pretty awful stuff.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
  • oppie1 wrote:
    saw the Kiss/Aerosmith tour in 04 in Hershey, i think it was.. Kiss were fucking awful..

Death Cab, Sonic Youth, My Morning Jacket opening for PJ.. uttter crap

damn son......you dislike some good bands. check out Z and listen to 'lay low' by my morning jacket. you'll probably change your mind.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
  • red mos wrote:
    I'm supposed to go see the chili Peppers tonight 1/13/07 so hopefully the weather still allows us to drive down there safely and the show is still scheduled as of right now 11:30am. I'm hoping it's a good show, and I don't have to add them to this list... I really hope I don't :eek:. I'll let you all know how it is though, assuming we still can make it to the show, and goes on as scheduled.

I've seen them a couple of times, and I thought they were fine. Not perfect, but not bad that's for sure. But I haven't seen them recently, so who knows now.
    damn son......you dislike some good bands. check out Z and listen to 'lay low' by my morning jacket. you'll probably change your mind.

no thanks.. they're not my type of music...

i was bored out of my mind when they opened this year.. .. even ed coming out and singing didnt get me to sit thru part of their set... my god i wat that 45 mins of my life back...

luckily i was smart enough to sit thru them once.. i couldnt do it again if i was paid to
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    Todd76 wrote:
    Actually I saw Soundgarden live 3 times - and he sucked everytime. I still like Soundgarden....but some bands just ain't that great live.

hey Todd76, did you see Soundgarden in Molson Park in 1994 with NIN? I was at that show and was looking forward to see Soundgarden, and I was massively dissapointed. Their show was horrible. Biggest concert disappointment for me ever
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • The Frogs: Horrid is the only description that I have.

Horrid how? Were they opening for someone or something?
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Metallica. All they did was whine about how people shouldn't throw stuff on stage, and that was after they wouldn't allow sales of alcohol or water in bottles. You had to actually pay four dollars for a little plastic glass of water. This was in San Diego. We walked out disgusted about halfway through the show. Just terrible. :( I really liked them at them time and was looking forward to the concert, but their attitudes just ruined it for us. The crowd was angry, deservedly so, and just not a good vibe all the way around.
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • JWBusher wrote:
    Horrid how? Were they opening for someone or something?

The opened up for the Smashing Pumpkins.

The group was wearing silver suits that looked like they were homemade from tinfoil. The proceeded to sings songs about homosexual rape and other similar subjects. I mean it was interesting to say the least. Just not my cup of tea. Also they were not very good musicians.

But the SP performance was awesome. I'm lucky to have seen them during that time (late 93)
    NERDS!
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    smarchee wrote:
    hey Todd76, did you see Soundgarden in Molson Park in 1994 with NIN? I was at that show and was looking forward to see Soundgarden, and I was massively dissapointed. Their show was horrible. Biggest concert disappointment for me ever
    We only saw Soundgarden once. The venue sucked, but they were great. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    wolfbear wrote:
    We only saw Soundgarden once. The venue sucked, but they were great. :)

I saw Soundgarden in Calgary in '94, and I thought they were fantastic. I remember Cornell pulled some drunk kid from the front row up on stage and they sang "O' Canada" together. Hilarious!
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • BaystoneBaystone Posts: 111
    Ian Brown at the falls festival dec 2005. He came on stage about 2 hours late and walks out and says 'get these fucking lights off me it's fucking boiling up here.' His dancing has given my friends and i plenty of material.
    I only lied because it was the easiest way to get what I wanted.