Worst live show you ever saw?

Comments

• pjfanfromsdpjfanfromsd Posts: 23
    I've been to many concerts in my time and I have to say that the last Van Halen tour a year or so ago w/Sammy Hagar was the worst. For the money they were charging there "fans" it was amateur hour.
    Eddie VH was ssoo drunk he played half the concert on his back and couldn't play worth shit then he brings out his kid who was on stage for like 30 min playing scales..Sammy didn't give a shit and it showed. The drummer (Alex) didn't even come out for the encore and the drum tech took over in his place..

Worst show ever.
    "Seems that needlessly it's gettin' harder to find an approach and a way to live.."
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Hands down, Oasis. I went 'cos my date wanted to go. What a bunch of arrogant assholes. The singer brother would moan his words with his hands behind his back, then while the other one did his solo or whatever, he sat on the drum riser with his head in his hands sipping his bottled water. I left midway through and waited out in the lobby area.

for me i really like Oasis. i understand that for some people they are boring but i think they play with alot of passion. they have no special effects, it is just them out there playing. but i am sorry that you did not enjoy it.
  • i was really dissapointed in the DMB show i saw last july in Camden, they played mostly every song from there new album, and it was so new that the entire crowd couldnt get into it
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    jack johnson @ the greek in berkeley last august. my wife and her friend dragged me and the friend's boyfriend along. we all thought it was awful - he played the album and didn't change it one bit. the only saving grace that day was the fantastic pot cookie we all shared beforehand. if it hadn't been for that cookie, i may have left after 2 songs.

another bad show: chili peppers at the tweeter center (mass.) in 2003. that band has just about zero stage-presence. i think they'd be much better at an indoor venue - preferably a smaller club. i enjoyed the music, but that band failed to capture me live.

o.a.r. sucked at the roxy in boston in 2001 or 2002, too.
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,140
    Moe. Fucking horrible band. I want those 3 hours of my life back!!!
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    The Ladies and Gentlemen. 3 keyboards, 2 keyboard players (1 looked like it was for a 10 year old and it was all one guy played). I didn't like any of the songs one bit. They all dressed in khaki pants and tight white t-shirts too, I didn't know if they were going to play a show or paint the club. Avoid this band at all costs!
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Blink 182- They are horrible. Lots of ok radio songs, but live they suck
    Bad Religion- saw them twice, not impressed. once of the two times, they opened for Blink 182.
    Varucca Salt- saw them open for Bush- Meh
    Styx - The band you think that sings power ballads, has a live show that is OBNOXIOUS and annoying. If you have to stop in the middle of a song, and ask the crowd to sing Deep in the heart of Texas because we are not fired up enough according to the band... the show is dead in the water. I had no idea that styx thought they were KISS. Luckily the openers America, and Peter Frampton rocked the house, and saved us from total disaster.
    Third eye Blind (the 2nd time) The first time they rocked, absolutely rocked!! The 2nd time (with their new Guitarist, musically something was off, and Jenkin's voice was screwed up. Also it seems like once they made their millions, the band just stop putting their heart into their live shows.
    Night Ranger- Bad Soundsystem and weak metal show. 1/3 the crowd started leaving on song 4, and the lead singer is like "what's the matter with you guys?" My friend said their sound system blows up every time. Well 4 out of the 5 times he has seen him. Also, singing nananana snipits of Hey Jude, and hey hey good bye midset just made us both go "Let's get outta here."
    Jackyl- How this band got a record deal is beyond me. They get the top spot for God awful noise, and slurred speech. I thought styx was the worst till I saw this.

Some have said Bob Dylan shows were bad, but I am not gonna rag on him. I thought he was ok, not great (love his albums though). The band screwed up Lay, Lady, Lay pretty bad, but I thought it was a good show. I heard Bob isn't playing guitar much these days, so I am glad I got to see him play both accoustic, and electric. He didn't say a single word during the show though... I thought he was a very opinionated talker- guess not. But hell, I saw Bob Dylan when I was 20. I saw the legened and 1/5 of the Traveling Wilburys!! I've come to find that Dylan is real hit or miss according to a friend of mine.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Neil Young 6/17/03 on His greendale tour. I thought it sucked bad, dull as hell crowd, barely awake. I stayed to the bitter end because I kept thinking it would pick up, IT DIDN'T.

I won the tickets from the radio station so no $$ wasted.
    AND we had PJ the very next day to pick us up.
    *..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ .·´ -:¦:- *Bridget -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

http://www.animalwelfareleague.com/
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Milestone wrote:
    Moe. Fucking horrible band. I want those 3 hours of my life back!!!

You must not have been ready for the guitar onslaught. I never listened to them really, went and seen em and loved every minute of it. I could see them being pretty boring though.
  • miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,450
    O god this has to be the worst: Dash Board Confessional. I went with this chick and was surrounded by 13 year old dirtbags. He comes out on stage and plays the most moaning bitchy music i ever heard..every song sounded the same..and i only stayed for 3 of them.
    America...the greatest Country in the world.
  • Marilyn Manson. I've been to my fair share of shows, and I'm willing to go see almost any show for the sake of seeing a live show. But this guy/band was just fucking awful - I mean awful.
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Marilyn Manson. I've been to my fair share of shows, and I'm willing to go see almost any show for the sake of seeing a live show. But this guy/band was just fucking awful - I mean awful.

I have heard he is amazing live, aside from the brown eye shots on the big screen.
  • Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    I have heard he is amazing live, aside from the brown eye shots on the big screen.

I heard the same thing, which is why I went. Maybe it was the venue sound that was bad, maybe it was the crowd, I'm not sure. But the show sucked.
  • bryn_cmbsbryn_cmbs Posts: 407
    A band called Fishbone. They opened for the Chili Peppers on the Californication Tour. I had to buy ear plugs at the concession stand just to make it through their set.
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    Here are 2 of mine that I remembered:

The first would be Dashboard Confessional opening up for Weezer back in 2002. The band that opened up first, was Sparta, which totally kicked ASS and I was very energetic during their set. Then Dashboard came on, and my friends all liked them, so I was like, okay, i'll give them a try. Well, then within the first 5 mins. of their set, I started falling asleep standing up, on the floor. I started to sway back and forth and almost fell back in front of another fan. :p Everyone around me was singing along to their lyrics, and all I could think of was "PLEASE be OVER! You are killing me w/this crap!' I had to literally suffer through their set, and that is why whenever i hear dashboard, I fall asleep. hahaha The MOST boring band I would EVER see!

2nd: Seether! Me and my girl, VEDHEAD27, were there to see Audioslave. we like the opening band, and then Seether came on, and we never yawned so much in our lives. I think we had about 5 yawns together during their set. They were NOT energetic and they were trying to sound like Alice In Chains or Nirvana. I'm sorry, but they aren't that GREAT! We were SO bored out of minds during that set too.
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • MetalGod75MetalGod75 Posts: 262
    i saw REM years ago on the Monster tour at Milton Keynes bowl,Blur supported and blew them away.REM came on and it was the WORST concert ive ever witnessed!I walked out after the 3rd or 4th song.I remember they even said on the radio that they sucked that night!I was a fan b4 i saw them live,never listened to them since TOTAL SHIT.I have never walked out of a concert b4 or since!
    Cornell pwns u
  • funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    another bad show: chili peppers at the tweeter center (mass.) in 2003. that band has just about zero stage-presence. i think they'd be much better at an indoor venue - preferably a smaller club. i enjoyed the music, but that band failed to capture me live.

The Chili Peppers having zero stage presence? You have to be kidding. You must have seen them on an off day because they have an amazing stage energy that is rarely, if ever, matched. Check out their DVD, Live at Slane Castle if you haven't already. I know there are a lot of Chili Pepper haters on the PJ boards for some reason (probably because they are more mainstream now) but shit, they kick ass live!
  • UlalumeUlalume Posts: 48
    Evanescence and Good Charlotte. Nothing is worse than being surrounded by little, wannabe goth or punk, whiny kids.
    How dark a woe! yet how sublime a hope!
    How silently serene a sea of pride!
    How daring an ambition! yet how deep--
    How fathomless a capacity for love!
  • lannerslanners Posts: 458
    Helix (yeah, i know...everyone is asking who???) in 1987. It was an arena show and there were probably less than 25 people there.

Milli Vanilli...while the sound was good, they sucked!

Meatloaf...he's a pompous jackass who threw a temper tantrum because 20,000 people were throwing pizza box tops up in the air during his long-winded set. (although i have to give mad props for his role as Bitch Tits in Fight Club)
    i. am. mine.
  • My husband likes folk music and he dragged me to Columbus on my birthday (3 hour drive) to see what's left of Fairport Convention. The place was so crowded with old men with pot bellies and white ponytails that we didn't have a seat. So they start playing their boring-ass music and like 4 songs into the set the singer stops playing and starts hurling obscenities at the sound guy in his British accent..."This fucking ridiculous!!! How do you expect us to play ?" and etc. He is SO pissed and the other guys in the band are pissed. So what do they do? they just fuckin pack up their guitars and equipment and storm out of the club, knocking over a coffee pot and breaking it in the process. They are raving and shouting at the club owner the whole time and he is shocked and white-faced. Luckily the band that opened for them came back on and saved the show. They were actually really good (for a folk band!) and everybody was having a better time.

Then in July of 2005 I saw Dinosaur jr. It was like, 100 degrees in that club and we were packed in like sardines. They had this fan on one side of the venue that moved NO air because we were so hot and dehydrated everyone had to stop drinking beer and start buying bottled water. Even J and Lou Barlow were groaning, "It's so hot in here! ARRRGH!" At one point Lou thanked us for sticking it out. The sound was so ridiculously loud that I actually couldn't make out most of the songs they were playing until they got to the chorus or a solo or something. But I wanted to be a trouper and stay...it was like a test of endurance. You know when you get ringing in your ears after a show? Well I got a case of tinnitus that night that's still with me 10 months later (I kid you not) and it may never go away. I actually bought a t-shirt at that show. Needless to day it's crumpled up in the back of my closet cuz I know I'm never gonna wear it!
    "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" - The Young Ones
    lanners wrote:
    Helix (yeah, i know...everyone is asking who???) in 1987. It was an arena show and there were probably less than 25 people there.

I just saw Helix recently when they opened for Alice Cooper. Can't say that I was the least bit impressed. Very cheesy 80's metal. Gimme an R....
  • eloesch1eloesch1 Posts: 42
    my girlfriend dragged me to springfling (a free concert on our campus) this year. At this concert I was forced to listen to a terrible band called motion city soundtrack. This was truly the worst crap i have ever heard. Worse than the music however may have been all the gay ass emo/screamo kids. Not only do these people look like utter tools but they actually think this is good music. One cool thing was that since there was just a few hundred people the singer could actually hear me yelling various comments from the back about how much his band sucked dick. Luckily the next weekend i saw pj in albany and then tool in nyc the weekend after. Even these two great shows, however, were not enough to erase the pain and agony embedded by that terrible afternoon. Perhaps 2 more PJ's and radiohead will finally rid this filth from my mind. In closing, emo sucks. They should stop whining and put themselves out of their misery because the garbage they spew just causes misery for people like us who enjoy listening to talented musicians.
  • eloesch1eloesch1 Posts: 42
    I might catch some shit for this but i thought mars volta kinda sucked live. I love their music but it just didnt sound right live. Maybe cuz i had shitty seats but the acoustics were awful.
    I saw Mars Volta when they opened for the Peppers on their last tour. You couldn't really differentiate one song from the other and the sound was terrible at this show too.
  • Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    I would say Iron Maiden....pretty much because of the setlist and the sound was shit.

And,

Green Day, because they played their whole new fucking album......that was the day I stopped listening to them.....that concert killed them for me.
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427
    Maroon5/Counting Crows/John Mayer
    The only good thing about this show was I got to meet Immy (guitar player from CC) and some hot blonde mistook me for the drummer of Maroon 5. I should have played along, but I couldnt be associated with that shitty band. John Mayer is a puss too.
  • Stereophonics live at Wembley Arena. The drummer was totally all over the place, fast, slow, fast, faster, slower. Awful. Nobody believed me that they could have been that bad and 'famous', but...
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    Limp biskit (at a festival)
    the polyphonic spree
    and wu tang (drunk and stoned and couldn't stop bitching about ODB)
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    Best AND Worst - Guns & Roses.
    Gotta Love that Axl Rose and his mood swings.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    worst 3 shows I have ever seen (I have seen about 200) would have to be

Alice in Chains (1991)
    Def Leppard (1988)
    Smashing Pumpkins (around 1996 - 97)

I saw Def Leppard years later in a club and they were much much better
    I never got a chance to see AIC again, I wish I had.
    Smashing Pumpkins I never had a desire to see again. They DEFINATELY were a studio band as far as I am concerned.