Options

Share your 'unfashionable' music opinions...

Comments

• Options
    Pearl Jam is on its last legs.

Chris Cornell is a shell of his former self.

Billy Corgan is a shell of his former self.

The Foo Fighters last two albums are right up there with Nickleback in terms of shittiness.

Agree with everything apart from the first one......

Pearl Jam are still on fire......
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    DMBPJ20DMBPJ20 Posts: 160
    Listening to certain Panic! songs makes me cringe.
    ...I just wanna scream hello...
    No L-O-I-T-E-R-I-N-G Alllloooowed.

I'll ride the wave, where it takes me.
  • Options
    Pearl Jam is on its last legs.

Chris Cornell is a shell of his former self.

Billy Corgan is a shell of his former self.

The Foo Fighters last two albums are right up there with Nickleback in terms of shittiness.

I don't think any of these are "unfashionable" opinions, I think these are the fashionable ones. It's incredible unhip to like any of these bands/artists you list. Do you think it's easy to love the foo fighters when they just won 2 grammies?

and I really just do not get this constant foo/nickleback comparison. Yes, we all know in your honor sucked ass and "the best of you" KINDA bears resemblence to nickleback, but Dave Grohl is a real musician with talent and passion...he's way made up for it.
  • Options
    Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Robert Plants vocals are the musical equivalent of nails on a chalkboard

Lou Barlow is/was the most talented member of Dinosaur Jr. (ie. Sebadoh > Dino Jr)

"Indie" music is NOT boring and lacking in passion/emotion (an unfashionable opinion on this board)

Canada has the BEST music scene in the world
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • Options
    Todd76 wrote:
    R
    "Indie" music is NOT boring and lacking in passion/emotion (an unfashionable opinion on this board)

I beg to differ, I just got my head blown off when I suggested this week. Seems pretty much the common concensus to me!
  • Options
    dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    DMBPJ12 wrote:
    I know the words to most Neil Diamond songs.
    *hangs head in shame*
    SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE MAKING FUN OF YOURSELF!!
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • Options
    pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Todd76 wrote:
    Robert Plants vocals are the musical equivalent of nails on a chalkboard

Lou Barlow is/was the most talented member of Dinosaur Jr. (ie. Sebadoh > Dino Jr)

Canada has the BEST music scene in the world

LMAO about Canada being best music scene
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    LMAO about Canada being best music scene
    Why? he is correct.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Why? he is correct.
    Pearl Jam is not from Canada, therefore, it cannot have the best music scene
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Why? he is correct.

Nickelback, Three Days Grace, Simple Plan, Sum 41, Default, Finger Eleven

Oh yeah, definitely the best scene
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Options

Oh yeah, and there's no bad bands in the states either?

yawn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constellation_records
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Johnny Cash was a tuneless old duffer in a black suit who made a horrible fucking noise out of this hole on the side of his face.

All Johnny Cash's songs revolve around a drum beat that sounds like a train is coming, and the bassline/guitars making the same sort of sound... and him talking about working in the fields or watching the trains roll by, haha.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Oh yeah, and there's no bad bands in the states either?

yawn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constellation_records

Didnt say there wasnt, but we have plenty of good bands to make up for the bad ones, Canada does not
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Options

come on - thats not really fair

we give you Nickelback and you give us Hinder
    we give you 3 Days Grace and you give us 3 Doors Down
    we give you Simple Plan and Sum 41 and you give us Fallout Boy and Good Charlotte

....we all have skeletons in our closets
  • Options
    Didnt say there wasnt, but we have plenty of good bands to make up for the bad ones, Canada does not
    I think you'll find it does, if you look a little further past your derivative 60's influenced yob-rock.
  • Options
    we have plenty of good bands to make up for the bad
    ones, Canada does not

don't make me (or direwolf74) break out our lists again and prove you wrong/ignorant
  • Options
    Todd76 wrote:
    don't make me (or direwolf74) break out our lists again and prove you wrong/ignorant

Your list of average band after average band proves nothing
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Options
    proves your woeful lack of taste in rock music.

I appreciate your thoughts on hip-hop though. you like some good stuff.
  • Options
    OdinOdin Posts: 599
    I hate Radiohead with a passion.
  • Options
    OdinOdin Posts: 599

ROFL! You just redeemed yourself after that "hard rock and metal is dead" comment.
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    Nirvana's songs are not music. It's rubbish, really grunge, but not music
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    The Beatles do absolutely nothing for me, give me Zeppelin or the Stones any day.

Inspite of all her crazy behaviour, I still love Courtney Love's music with Hole.

I think RHCP's By The Way record is a damn near perfect pop record, regardless of how much it's been over played.

I thought Stone Gossard's solo album was absolute poo.
  • Options
    ThecureThecure Posts: 814
    here we go.

1) i don't like Zepplin or the doors or the stones

2) Michael Jackson's is still a star and i would rather see him then Pearl Jam in concert

3) Bob Dylan is the greatest singer/songwriter of all time

4) RHCP are more overrated than Oasis

5) Saturday Night Fever is the best soundtrack of all time

6) Celine Dion is a great singer

7) I still have a Milli Villi CD and i don't understand why people cared that they didn't sing the songs
    People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."
    - Alice Roosevelt Longworth (1884-1980)
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    Thecure wrote:
    3) Bob Dylan is the greatest singer/songwriter of all time

I don't think this is unfashionable. At least the songwriter part.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    ThecureThecure Posts: 814
    rrivers wrote:
    I don't think this is unfashionable. At least the songwriter part.

that's why i said singer also. i really like BOB voice
    People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."
    - Alice Roosevelt Longworth (1884-1980)
  • Options
    Thecure wrote:
    that's why i said singer also. i really like BOB voice
    Me too. Definitely not a popular opinion.

Bob's infamous "Judas" performance of Like a Rolling Stone is one of the greatest rock vocals ever.
  • Options
    soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    I do not like Radiohead.

For this website:

I don't care about Pearl Jam side-projects that do not involve Eddie Vedder singing (other than a little Wellwater Conspiracy now and then).
  • Options
    Is grunge music in fashion? I don't think so. So my main genre is out.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    Thecure wrote:
    here we go.

2) Michael Jackson's is still a star and i would rather see him then Pearl Jam in concert

I think this comment wins, hands down. I see I am not the only one who dislikes Nirvana or U2, but I think Green Day deserves the (dis)honor of being the most overated bands in the last 20 years.
  • Options
    btb002btb002 Posts: 183
    btb002 wrote:
    Rush is absolute trash-x-x. And the only people that like them are the ones that receive x when Geddy Lee sings. I liken people who listen to Rush with x, republicans, and whatever x.

People who say Yield is their favorite Pearl Jam album have no taste when it comes to music what-so-ever. And they hate progress.

Pavement is the greatest band of the 90's. Not Pearl Jam, Radiohead, or Nirvana.

Guns N'Roses were never that great. They were America's "great white hope," that we could produce a Led Zeppelin or Black Sabbath.

Though its not uncommon here, Pearl Jam is without a doubt the greatest rock band in American history.

R.E.M. is America's greatest band ever, genre not withstanding.

umm...

Music should be bought and cherished. Not raped and stolen. But its okay to download an album to see if you wanna buy it. Seven Mary Three drove me to this opinion at a very young age.

The Dixie Chicks are great artist, and Wide Open Spaces is a female's Ten. (Yes the Pearl Jam album.)

Weezer is highly overrated, with the exception of their first two albums. Or should I just say Rivers.

Nirvana would still be just as influential if Kurt was still alive. His death might have accelerated the greatness label, but it did nothing to improve it.

and Tool while great, drive me bat-x with their quest for perfection. Their albums just don't come off as human. If they went just three years between them, I'd be amazed.

Wow. How can I begin to explain this. I share a dorm with two other people and in the room of one, the internet connection doesn't work. So he often uses mine. I have the typical favorites window open on the left side of the screen and this forum, of course, is one of them. Being I'm a lazy stereo typical college student :) I stay logged into various sites facebook, myspace, and this site pretty much the whole time. Which of course gave him the ability to breach my account. I do take full responsibility of the circumstance and will take proper precautions to make sure that it won't happen again. Its a public forum, and I'm one that has multiple younger siblings and I do not deem this appropriate to the slightest degree. Thanks to those who respectfully brought this up to me in private.
    You are just a negative mindless pud.