Options

Share your 'unfashionable' music opinions...

Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
edited February 2008 in Other Music
I'll go first......

I think Editors are better than Interpol.

I prefer modern Chili's albums to their 80s albums.

I think Into The Wild is better than Avocado.

Oasis are the most overated band of the last 20 years.
'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I like "Art Rock"..."Progressive Rock"...."Prog Rock" or whatever you want to call it....and I think that "Motown" stinks.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    Bon Jovi are the excellent thing.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    I'll go first......

Saying Editors are better than Interpol is like saying dog shit is better than cat shit. They're both still shit. :p

Apologies to anyone who likes these bands, but i've seen them both live and neither do anything for me.

I don't think you'll find many people disagreeing with you on the Oasis comment though.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    I'll go first......

Id rather listen to old crap than new crap. And though I do like Oasis, they arent as great as they say they are; that goes for U2 as well. Cant stand the erogant bastards, especially Bono.

Hey Look at me, im Bono. im gonna save the world, and people like me........cause Im Bono.
    Im going to the White house then to Africa cause im Bono.
    You're gonna know my name cause Im gonna tell it to you...cause Im Bono!!

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• Options
    dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    I agree, Oasis is overrated and sucks balls.

Rolling Stones better than The Beatles.

Vs. is better than Nevermind

Alice In Chains without Layne Stayley is not Alice In Chains

Scott Weiland smokes better crack than Robert Downey Jr.
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • Options
    upina2001 wrote:
    Id rather listen to old crap than new crap. And though I do like Oasis, they arent as great as they say they are; that goes for U2 as well. Cant stand the erogant bastards, especially Bono.

Hey Look at me, im Bono. im gonna save the world, and people like me........cause Im Bono.
    Im going to the White house then to Africa cause im Bono.
    You're gonna know my name cause Im gonna tell it to you...cause Im Bono!!
    Bono is the biggest terd ever, so says South Park
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:
    Saying Editors are better than Interpol is like saying dog shit is better than cat shit. They're both still shit. :p

Apologies to anyone who likes these bands, but i've seen them both live and neither do anything for me.

I don't think you'll find many people disagreeing with you on the Oasis comment though.

dude! Editors are ace!

But yeah, Oasis, neeeeever understood that one.
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Where to begin...

Zwan was better than anything Smashing Pumpkins has made after Melon Collie.

I actually kinda like the Goo Goo Dolls.

I like the Hooters (see my other thread).

In Utero was better than Nevermind.

Color Me Badd and Snow made some good music. I still stand by that.

I'm a heterosexual American male and I love the Smiths.

I don't get the attraction to Sonic Youth.
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    Bruce Springsteen's catalog is light years better than the Rolling Stones' and Neil Young's.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    Into The Wild soundtrack sucks. Sucks bad.
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    dirtyT wrote:
    Rolling Stones better than The Beatles.

Vs. is better than Nevermind

Alice In Chains without Layne Stayley is not Alice In Chains
    Disagree, agree fervently, agree.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    I think Peaches is a great artist.

I wish NIN would do a Prince cover.
  • Options
    I like DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Seven Mary Three is unfairly maligned and highly underrated.

Their full catalog is better than most bands who survived the 90s, save for the big guns (PJ, Chillis, etc.).

And their new album is fantastic.
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Jon Bon Jovi has one of the best voices of the past couple decades. And is actually a fantastic songwriter when he actually tries.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Disagree, agree fervently, agree.
    what about who smokes better crack, Scott or Robert?
  • Options
    Transistor and on is much better than music-311.....
  • Options
    Saturnal wrote:
    I think Peaches is a great artist.

I wish NIN would do a Prince cover.
    I could see Trent doing a cover of Kiss actually.

Although Little Red Corvette would be cooler.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    dirtyT wrote:
    what about who smokes better crack, Scott or Robert?
    I really couldn't say :) I bet both are admirable at that dubious activity.

Seriously, why would a rock star or a hollywood actor smoke crack? they can afford good drugs.
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I really couldn't say :) I bet both are admirable at that dubious activity.

Seriously, why would a rock star or a hollywood actor smoke crack? they can afford good drugs.
    Very good point!!
  • Options
    wcsmithwcsmith Posts: 165
    Van Halen's Fair Warning is a great album.

Ten is not aging particularly well.

70's prog rock is really good music.

Phil Collins is not the devil, he's actually a very talented musician with a great voice.

The Eagles' new album is really pretty good, despite be sold only at Walmart.

Early Elton John is really, really good.

That's all I can think of right now...
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
  • Options
    upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    Carly Simon's Lips Are Suckable. :d

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• Options
    hope sandoval makes me feel kinda funny.
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    upina2001 wrote:
    Carly Simon's Lips Are Suckable. :d

You wanna suck her lips?? Whatever floats your boat man. ;)
  • Options
    pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    The Doors are the second most important band.

Oasis are great.

U2, Foo Fighers, RHCP, Radiohead, REM are all decent but not as good as they are made out to be.

I like Into The Wild more than alot of the PJ albums.

Avocado is my third favorite PJ album.

Phil Collins and Genesis have awesome music.

Canada produces terrible bands.

I dislike most female vocalists.

Hey Ya by Outkast is one of the worst songs ever.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Options
    I like Into The Wild more than alot of the PJ albums.

same here......
  • Options
    pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    same here......

Awesome, it is in my top 3 soundtracks ever. I just cannot get enough of it, I have probably listened to it a couple hundred times and love hearing the music in the movie.

Also, Editors are way better than Interpol live. I think Turn On The Bright Lights is better than any Editors record though.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Phil Collins and Genesis have awesome music.
    We can agree on part of this one. :)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Johnny Cash was a tuneless old duffer in a black suit who made a horrible fucking noise out of this hole on the side of his face.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    Coldplay is a horrible band
    Travis should have been the band to get huge!

ELO is great

Poison is a great band to see outdoors in the summer

Grunge was overrated

Placebo is one of the best bands in the world!