Radiohead-in Rainbows

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    JWBusher wrote:
    There are two options at the moment:

- Free Digital download of the first half of the album (released Oct. 10)

- 40 pounds/80 dollars for a box set: 2-CD's, 2-LP's, hardcover book, etc... (released Dec. 10)

the digital download is released october 10? or the album is released october 10?
  • whulmefwhulmef Posts: 176
    Is there going to be anyway to buy the vinyl without all the book stuff. Radiohead vinyl is usually near thirty bucks, which I'll pay; but I don't want to shell out eighty dollars on one album. Hopefully they will present us with some middle of the road options soon, i.e. between $0 and $80. This is super exciting by the way.
  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    i'm soooo happy :D

just ordered mine..... amazing
  • Jammin909 wrote:
    Would you expect your favorite football/artist/comedian to perform for free?

They put time/effort into this album and believe you should show some respect, esp when they are cool enough to allow you to name a price.

(not that i really give a shit)
    If Radiohead were seriously worried about this do you think they would be allowing people to set their own prices?
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Thanks for the hot lead bro man. I ordered the digital download. Sweet!
  • Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    If Radiohead were seriously worried about this do you think they would be allowing people to set their own prices?

They would give it away as a free download if they did not care.

They care bc they need to pay for bandwidth.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • the digital download is released october 10? or the album is released october 10?

The download is October 10th. The physical CD will be out in December. For now there are pre-orders on the deluxe edition. I'm sure there will be other options at some point.
  • This is incredible that they can pull shit off like this. No one had any idea that te album was so close to being released. This is insane. I'm buying thr Disc-Box.
  • btb002btb002 Posts: 183
    Guys calm down! It's a hoax. No doubt in my mind on this one. They're great about getting music to fans, but no way in hell is this possible, name a price?
    You are just a negative mindless pud.
  • btb002 wrote:
    Guys calm down! It's a hoax. No doubt in my mind on this one. They're great about getting music to fans, but no way in hell is this possible, name a price?

It's not a hoax. It's very real. Go to the website on the first page of this thread.
  • r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    haha no hoax...it's on their main page + it's been up for about 6 hours. if it were some scam it would've been overthrown by now. all of the purchasing pages are exactly the same as radiohead's were a week ago when i bought something. leave it to them to blow everyone's mind..considering reports & speculation were saying it wouldn't be out until around mid-march. this is incredible, yet somewhat reminiscent of Machina II...but still. i'm incredibly excited. discbox already on order, but i'll admit i cringed upon pushing the confirm.
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
  • btb002btb002 Posts: 183
    HOLY $HIT GUYS!

Some band just jumped over The Clash and Pavement as my second favorite band of all-time right behind Pearl Jam. Thom Yorke and Johnny Greenwood are the dudes!
    You are just a negative mindless pud.
  • TerryibleTerryible Posts: 462
    just brought mine, bring on 10 october
    26/02/1998 Wellington, 09/09/2006 Marseille, 16/09/2006 Verona
    23/09/2006 Berlin, 30/09/2006 Athens, 18/07/2007 London
    02/07/2009 Honolulu (EV Solo), 22/11/2009, Sydney, 29/11/2009 Christchurch
  • woWie Zowie 10 days! I think the title is inspired by minimalist composer Terry Riley's in c and a rainbow in curved air. you assclowns know what im talkin?
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    looking forward to this
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • thank you so much, i can't believe that they kept this quiet.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    09/19/05, 05/09/06, 05/10/06
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    There are literally no words to describe how excited I am.
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    so wait, let me get this straight..for the download you just pay them whatever you think is fair? Thats pretty cool if it's true
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    thunderDAN wrote:
    so wait, let me get this straight..for the download you just pay them whatever you think is fair? Thats pretty cool if it's true

It's true.
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=259567
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Way to go Radiohead!

This is awesome. They've sprung the whole thing on us long since general resignation to a release sometime in the first half of 2008 being the best we could hope for. :)

Can't wait for the discbox to come in December, even though that's gonna be at least two and a half months away. The second cd looks awesome, completely rules out the need for singles by having everything that could have been a b-side on it. So the £40 pounds covers the whole album on cd, on vinyl and the singles all in the one package!

This on top of all the PJ stuff we've been blessed with lately is giving rise to some good vibes...

And fuck the record companies too!! Nice. :D
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
    Videotape is easily the only song that could be considered to close this album. I cannot wait for this.
  • InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    Bought it all!!
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
    ahhhh can't wait until december!!!!!
    Claudia wrote:
    ahhhh can't wait until december!!!!!

...you don't have to.
  • ...you don't have to.
    But you do for the second disc unfortunately.

The one with Bangers And Mash, Down Is The New Up and all the others.
    Well, you have to wait until December for the EP, the album is next week. That seems fair to me.

So what's everyones favorite of the new songs (live versions)? I'm leaning towards 15 Step, All I need, or Videotape.
    ...you don't have to.

for the discbox i mean
  • Well, you have to wait until December for the EP, the album is next week. That seems fair to me.

You're right there!

Videotape will be great obviously.

My fav of all the songs though is Open Pick, now called Jigsaw Falling Into place...
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    can anybody explain this shit in moron language? their website is in fucking spanish, you get to pick your price, but only get a download, there are 2-discs only zero discs cos it's downloaded, you can only get the second disc in a discbox, what the fuck is a discbox, and... i think that about covers it. what the fuck?
    http://www.zeropaid.com/news/9026/Radiohead+Shocks+Record+Industry+With+Free+Download+of+New+Album

Awesomeness.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    Well, you have to wait until December for the EP, the album is next week. That seems fair to me.

So what's everyones favorite of the new songs (live versions)? I'm leaning towards 15 Step, All I need, or Videotape.

Videotape Videotape Videotape

:)
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~