Options

Chicago EV Pre-Party Fundraisers!

Comments

• Options
    j_web18j_web18 Posts: 186
    Hey all, Ill be in Chicago for Friday's show by myself so am hoping to make it out and meet some of you all. Should be a blast before and after the show!

Also, anyone else going to the Cubs game that day? I'll be there, probably pretty early in case anyone is up for a Wrigleyville drink or two.
    4-22-2003 St Louis, 10-5-2004 St Louis, 5-16/17-2006 Chicago, 6-24-2006 Cincinnati, 8-5-2007 Lollapalooza, 6-14-2008 Bonnaroo, 8-22-2008 EV Chicago, 6-18-2009 EV Nashville, 8-23/24-2009 Chicago, 9-21-22-2009 Seattle, 5-4-2010 St Louis, 5-7-2010 Indy, 7-1/2011 EV St Louis, 9-3-2011 Alpine, 7-19-2013 Wrigley
  • Options
    Emerald772Emerald772 Chicago, IL Posts: 62
    I know Eddie normally sings while he is here. WGN broadcasters just posted the list and he is not on it though.

Thursday - Dan Plesac (he is another local sports guy-maybe he'll get bumped?)
    Friday - Chris Chelios
    Saturday - Fred Willard
    Sunday - John Cusack

http://blogs.trb.com/sports/custom/weblog/wgnsports/7th_inning_stretch/
    08-18/20-18 Wrigley Field, 08-20/22-16 Wrigley Field, 10-20-14 Bradley Center, 07-22-13 Wrigley Field, 09-03/04-11 Alpine Valley PJ20, 06-28-11 Chicago Theater EV solo, 08-23/24-09 United Center, 08-21/22-08 Auditorium Theater EV solo, 08-04-07 Grant Park, 08-02-07 The Vic, 05-16/17-06 UC, 09-19-05 Air Canada Centre, 10-05-04 Fox Theatre VfC, 06-18-03 UC, 04-23-03 Assembly Hall, 09-05-00 Post-Gazette Pavilion, 06-26-98 Alpine Valley, 07-11-95 Soldier Field
  • Options
    j_web18j_web18 Posts: 186
    Emerald772 wrote:
    I know Eddie normally sings while he is here. WGN broadcasters just posted the list and he is not on it though.

Thursday - Dan Plesac (he is another local sports guy-maybe he'll get bumped?)
    Friday - Chris Chelios
    Saturday - Fred Willard
    Sunday - John Cusack

http://blogs.trb.com/sports/custom/weblog/wgnsports/7th_inning_stretch/

Ed and Chelios are REALLY good friends though, right?
    4-22-2003 St Louis, 10-5-2004 St Louis, 5-16/17-2006 Chicago, 6-24-2006 Cincinnati, 8-5-2007 Lollapalooza, 6-14-2008 Bonnaroo, 8-22-2008 EV Chicago, 6-18-2009 EV Nashville, 8-23/24-2009 Chicago, 9-21-22-2009 Seattle, 5-4-2010 St Louis, 5-7-2010 Indy, 7-1/2011 EV St Louis, 9-3-2011 Alpine, 7-19-2013 Wrigley
  • Options
    Mr. and Mrs. holapearljam will be there both days...
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    bump
  • Options
    any with 1/2 10c for friday
    11/06/91 - The Haunt: Ithaca, NY
    Alive + Smells Like Teen Spirit + Saying No
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    any with 1/2 10c for friday

there are a couple threads with tickets for sale on the given to fly forum.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    me and a buddy are driving up from St. Louis on Thursday morning hopefully get into town early afternoon...hopefully we can make it to the fundraiser....post party at the Congress Inn!! haha...right across the street from the venue
  • Options
    ahn375ahn375 Posts: 16
    if anyone's still looking for tickets, ticketmaster just dropped seats for both shows.
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    Add kcherub +1 to the list for Friday!
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    cd21millercd21miller Columbia, MO Posts: 302
    i'm in for friday...plus bringing 3 others (i think).

OH...and i have an extra for Friday. not the greatest seat, but it'll get you in!
  • Options
    IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    My friend and I will be at Kasey's on Friday, as long as he gets off work in time. Wanna go on Thursday too, but I'll be with my younger brother, so it probably won't happen. We're going out afterwards as well (Friday), anyone else? Wanna get drunk with our fellow PJ brethren, maybe meet our future wives ;)
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • Options
    My husband and I will be at Kasey's on Friday to hopefully meet a lot of you. He has family in Chicago, so we are going for a mini vacation. I don't post at all, but have been reading all of the solo reviews and I am so excited for the Friday night show. First time we will be seeing Eddie out of Florida AND solo!! See you there!!
    Chicago EV Solo Aug 22,2008
  • Options
    emily6371emily6371 Posts: 202
    + 3. Can't wait to hang out and have some drinks! :)
  • Options
    MOOKIE55MOOKIE55 Posts: 74
    I am coming up from Boston to see the shows and would love to come by and hang out with PJ people! See you all there!!!
    Mike
  • Options
    MOOKIE55MOOKIE55 Posts: 74
    Also Rumors are starting the EV is signing take me out to the Ballgame at the Cubs game Friday and will be at Stan's after the show one or both nights!
  • Options
    Please let me/us know where Stan's is!! Thanks!
  • Options
    My husband and I will be there at Kelsey's on Friday. Can't wait!!
  • Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    anybody have an extra 10c ticket for 8/22? driving in from buffalo friday morning
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    MOOKIE55 wrote:
    Also Rumors are starting the EV is signing take me out to the Ballgame at the Cubs game Friday and will be at Stan's after the show one or both nights!

Chelios is scheduled for the stretch on Friday, and I assume you mean Stanley's on Armitage (Eddie did a charity show there with CC in the days following Lolla).
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    I will be there at the pre-party. I have got a room at the Hilton and making the trip across the border to Chicago for the first time ever.

Hope to see some old and new friends there
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    One day away!!!

I am arriving at OHare around 10:30, then taking the blue line down to the Hotel Allegro.

I'll probably chill out or walk around a bit, then head over to the preparty!

See you guys there!!!
  • Options
    NitroNitro Posts: 265
    MOOKIE55 wrote:

I've heard this about Friday as well...

So I am getting into Chicago tonight from San Diego! I've got all day tomorrow before the show while my buddy works. Anyone going to Wrigley? I'll probably head over there myself if anyone would like to join. I assume i can just scalp some tickets...
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,818
    Kasey's Tavern
    701 S Dearborn St
    Chicago, IL 60605
    (312) 427-7992
    http://www.kaseystavern.com/

Kasey's is a definite for Thursday & Friday!
    Solat13 wrote:
    Me and vedhead27 will there. See you all next week.

hooray!! So glad to hear you guys are coming!
    boxorbag wrote:
    any word on who we will be donating to. just wondering. CANT WAIT. I KNOW WHERE I'LL BE THIS TIME NEXT WEEK.

On Thursday, we will be raising money for the veterans in honor of Tomas Young, and on Friday the Wishlist Foundation will be the beneficiary so that we can continue to 100% support and host these fundraisers for the next tour :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    kcherub wrote:
    but can someone tell me about the pre-parties?

Don't laugh at me...but do we need to know our 10C#? What do you guys do at the pre-party--just meet each other and hang?

I am asking for a reason, but I might need to save it for my "milestone" post. LOL

Nope.. you just need to show up, be friendly & approachable, introduce yourself around and have a great time!
    sgossard3 wrote:
    how early do people usually show up at the pre-party? this will be my first time doing the dorky jamily thing... ill hopefully be downtown by like 4-5:00... hope you fuckers are ready to PARTY! :D

We get people there before *we* even show up, so really it's whenever you feel like coming down!
    What is the parking situation in that area?

I would, and plan to, park at the parking lot right next to the Congress hotel. It's directly across the street from the Auditorium and 2 blocks from the party :)
    *waves*

I've been reading these boards on and off for a long time now but I'm delurking because I really want to meet some local fans and hang out before the Thursday show. (Can't make it to anything before the show on Friday.) I hope that's cool, and I know I suck for being a total newbie.

I can't wait for these shows. It's kind of driving me crazy.

No way :) It will be nice to meet you!
    TheKricket wrote:
    excellent - i work until 5 - and ill have to pick my buddy up from ogilvie - but hopefully ill be able to swing by for at least a drink to meet you fine people!

are you guys picking up your tickets before or after the pre-party? how long do you think the pre-party will go?

In Milwaukee the pickup window opened at 4:30. You can just walk over and back again because Kasey's is only 2-3 blocks away. The party will run until 7:00/7:30 ish

Updated the RSVPs!
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    I'll be there for nite 2. :)
  • Options
    Nitro wrote:
    I've heard this about Friday as well...

So I am getting into Chicago tonight from San Diego! I've got all day tomorrow before the show while my buddy works. Anyone going to Wrigley? I'll probably head over there myself if anyone would like to join. I assume i can just scalp some tickets...

Go to the Piano Man on Clark & Grace and ask for Ticket Teddy. He'll hook you up with a fine seat at a fair price.
  • Options
    NitroNitro Posts: 265
    Go to the Piano Man on Clark & Grace and ask for Ticket Teddy. He'll hook you up with a fine seat at a fair price.

Is that real? Last thing i need is showing up and getting my ass kicked or made a fool of!
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Count ledvedderman in as a "maybe"..
  • Options
    Thursday:
    • Yield wall art, donated by Foxy Mop
    • Chop Suey DVD, donated by whoyouare72
    • 2005 London, Canada t-shirt, donated by KyleB
    • 2006 Ottowa framed poster, donated by KyleB
    • 2006 Avocado sealed vinyl, donated by elvistheking44
    • 2006 Summerfest poster (white), donated by NothinGBetteRPJMaN
    • Donate something today!

Friday:
    • Live at the Gorge, donated by luvistower
    • Wishlist Foundation poster pack
    • Nightmare t-shirt, donated by Okum
    • 2005 Toronto poster, donated by elvistheking44
    • 2006 Eagle/Fist European tour t-shirt, size M, donated by Anonymous in Slovakia :)
    • 2008 Tampa poster, donated by boxorbag
    • 2008 EV silhouette poster, donated by KyleB
    • Donate something today!
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥