Options

Chicago EV Pre-Party Fundraisers!

Comments

• Options
    lostpuppylostpuppy Posts: 110
    I'm going to the game tonight.

yeah, but are you staying till the end???

post the stadium fill rate at the begining of the 4th qtr

trust me, i'm not knocking Bears fans, I am one and would go to the game if it was free ( i won't pay for a preseason game). but the stadium will be empty. have fun
  • Options
    81shark wrote:

trust me, i'm not knocking Bears fans, I am one and would go to the game if it was free ( i won't pay for a preseason game). but the stadium will be empty. have fun

Fine with me. It'll make getting home a lot easier.

And I plan on staying the whole time. I wanna see What Hanie can do. Plus Orton and the starters will play three full quarters. if there was one preseaon game to go to, it would be #3.

Lil Wayne is better than Pearl Jam.

Bitches ain't nothin' but hoes 'n tricks
  • Options
    81shark wrote:

So untrue......the stadium will be at least 3/4 full at the end......we want to see who are players will be "when", not "if" one of our starters go down! :)
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    FreeWorld will be there!!! Met two cool mutha f-ers at the hotel I work at and they said to stop by.

See ya around 3:45pm!!!
  • Options
    shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    I'll be in Chicago for night 2. I've never made it to one of the pre-parties. I'm looking forward to checking it out. Count me in.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Options
    I'll be there both nights. Looking forward to seeing you all!
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    I'm jealous and want to come!!! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

have fun :D
  • Options
    Emerald772Emerald772 Chicago, IL Posts: 62
    Any body pick up their tickets yet?
    08-18/20-18 Wrigley Field, 08-20/22-16 Wrigley Field, 10-20-14 Bradley Center, 07-22-13 Wrigley Field, 09-03/04-11 Alpine Valley PJ20, 06-28-11 Chicago Theater EV solo, 08-23/24-09 United Center, 08-21/22-08 Auditorium Theater EV solo, 08-04-07 Grant Park, 08-02-07 The Vic, 05-16/17-06 UC, 09-19-05 Air Canada Centre, 10-05-04 Fox Theatre VfC, 06-18-03 UC, 04-23-03 Assembly Hall, 09-05-00 Post-Gazette Pavilion, 06-26-98 Alpine Valley, 07-11-95 Soldier Field
  • Options
    Will be there +1 on Friday. So pumped.
    Off He Goes
  • Options
    lostpuppylostpuppy Posts: 110
    Fine with me. It'll make getting home a lot easier.

And I plan on staying the whole time. I wanna see What Hanie can do. Plus Orton and the starters will play three full quarters. if there was one preseaon game to go to, it would be #3.

i caught the first series for each team. i'll have to check the listings to find otu when the NFL network is showing the rerun.

looks like they are trying to put some more rinkles in the return game. lucky they didn't get stuck at the 5. holy crap. but even if they never run it in a regular season game, gives the opposition something to think about.
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    reminder to all that the pre-party for tonite is at the same place as last night
    Kasey's Tavern on Dearborn (Printer's Row)
    I hear from a little bird that we have something pretty special for tonite's raffle/auction
    Laura or eric will fill in the details later :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    FoxyMop just acquired a autographed EV poster for the fundraiser tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go get it!!!!!!!!!!

edit - and someone please have a cold one for me!!! :D
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,153
    anybody able to hook this halifax kid with a sweet ed poster? will paypal, freebie dvds, make love .. all that good stuff! pretty please!! :)
  • Options
    EddiesMuseEddiesMuse Posts: 389
    FoxyMop just acquired a autographed EV poster for the fundraiser tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go get it!!!!!!!!!!

edit - and someone please have a cold one for me!!! :D

Just to confirm for Foxy, Ed's designed poster signed by the man himself will be at fundraiser tonite!!!
    Sometimes "Majority" just means all of the Fools are in Agreement.
  • Options
    Emerald772Emerald772 Chicago, IL Posts: 62
    Random note for today's game from the Trib's blog:

Back to the present, and it's even stranger than the past. There are people milling about the infield. Chris Chelios, wearing a Ryan Dempster Cubs jersey, is parading the Stanley Cup around the pitchers mound. He throws out the first pitch and sails it over Eddie Vedder's head. Yes, this is all really happening.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubssox/cubicle/cs-080822-chicago-cubs-cubicle,0,555444.column
    08-18/20-18 Wrigley Field, 08-20/22-16 Wrigley Field, 10-20-14 Bradley Center, 07-22-13 Wrigley Field, 09-03/04-11 Alpine Valley PJ20, 06-28-11 Chicago Theater EV solo, 08-23/24-09 United Center, 08-21/22-08 Auditorium Theater EV solo, 08-04-07 Grant Park, 08-02-07 The Vic, 05-16/17-06 UC, 09-19-05 Air Canada Centre, 10-05-04 Fox Theatre VfC, 06-18-03 UC, 04-23-03 Assembly Hall, 09-05-00 Post-Gazette Pavilion, 06-26-98 Alpine Valley, 07-11-95 Soldier Field
  • Options
    $10 says Ed will sing the stretch today.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    jentarrjentarr Posts: 79
    Hey everyone/anyone.... what do you think my chances are of buying a ten club ticket off of a member if I show up at Kasey's tonight or even outside the venue? I was there yesterday, and my seat for the show was 2nd balcony last row, so I think it would be a totally different experience if I were to get some really good seats. I LOVED the show yesterday though, don't get me wrong.
    PJ fan since 1991 (I was 14); Ten Club member since '95.
  • Options
    KyleBKyleB Posts: 75
    How'd the raffle go? Who won the framed Ottawa poster I donated? I hope you were able to get it home safely.

-Kyle
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    the beachdweller is in town and only blocks away, and yes I referred to myself in the third person :)
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    jentarr wrote:
    Hey everyone/anyone.... what do you think my chances are of buying a ten club ticket off of a member if I show up at Kasey's tonight or even outside the venue? I was there yesterday, and my seat for the show was 2nd balcony last row, so I think it would be a totally different experience if I were to get some really good seats. I LOVED the show yesterday though, don't get me wrong.

I'd say your chances are pretty good. There were lots of people with extras at the pre-party yesterday.
    KyleB wrote:
    How'd the raffle go? Who won the framed Ottawa poster I donated? I hope you were able to get it home safely.

-Kyle

I don't know the guy's name, but he was really excited about it!
    the beachdweller is in town and only blocks away, and yes I referred to myself in the third person :)

WOOOO BEACHDWELLER! :D
  • Options
    jentarrjentarr Posts: 79
    thanks so much for your help!
    PJ fan since 1991 (I was 14); Ten Club member since '95.
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    I'd say your chances are pretty good. There were lots of people with extras at the pre-party yesterday.

I don't know the guy's name, but he was really excited about it!

WOOOO BEACHDWELLER! :D

should be there between 4pm and 445pm :D

need to hydrate, lol
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    you are AWESOME! We had so much fun meeting everyone, and can't wait to do it again!

My husband was a little skeptical about going, but I think he had just as much fun as me! Well, I had two tequila shots, so maybe not!

Hope everyone had fun at the show and made it home safely--no matter where you were going! :)
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    kcherub wrote:
    you are AWESOME! We had so much fun meeting everyone, and can't wait to do it again!

My husband was a little skeptical about going, but I think he had just as much fun as me! Well, I had two tequila shots, so maybe not!

Hope everyone had fun at the show and made it home safely--no matter where you were going! :)

It was great to meet you, too! I thought of you when Eddie sang "Rise" and of course I cried. We got to meet Eddie after the show. It was an incredible time!
  • Options
    Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    kcherub wrote:

It was great to meet you and your husband! Glad you 2 had a good time. Tell your son to keep up the guitar playing!

And Pearl Jam does NOT suck ass! haha !

Dirty Tom
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Options
    daughter68 wrote:
    It was great to meet you, too! I thought of you when Eddie sang "Rise" and of course I cried. We got to meet Eddie after the show. It was an incredible time!

I am so happy for you that you got to meet Ed! We almost headed over that way, but thankfully my sane husband encouraged me to walk towards the hotel and not AWAY from it. LOL

Thanks for thinking of me...I was crying then, too. I am sure the guys next to us (college kids, but respectful and pretty cool) thought I was a nut. Ah, who cares?!?

Hope to see you again SOON!!!! ;)

• Options
    Dirty Tom wrote:
    It was great to meet you and your husband! Glad you 2 had a good time. Tell your son to keep up the guitar playing!

And Pearl Jam does NOT suck ass! haha !

Dirty Tom

Ahhh...DirtyTom. What is amazing is that I can still put a face to the pit names! It was so cool to meet you, too!

BTW, it was "eggs". What kind of parent do you think I am? LOL Actually--"ass" has been spewn from his sweet little lips a few times. There would have been hot sauce in this case, which I should have done anyway just for him being so disrespectful to PJ. Hahahaha!

• Options
    shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    First time I ever went to one of the pre-parties, just got home from Chicago. It was definitely cool meeting alot of u guys. I'm terrible with names and half the people I met probably didnt get mine anyway, but Smarchee, the dudes from Buffalo and the cool (and pretty) ladies they were with, Emily from Cincy, Kcherub and her "bitch", etc. It definitely made my weekend that much better. Thanks. Too bad it's all over, for now...
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    kcherub wrote:

hey kcherub, it was nice to meet you as well, lol, we had a blast at the pre-party and good to hear you made it back safe & sound.

I was looking for you in the Hilton bar after but you were a no show. We drank till 3 AM, :( it was a rough drive home Saturday

You ROCK !!!

Smarchee
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    sherm3000 wrote:
    First time I ever went to one of the pre-parties, just got home from Chicago. It was definitely cool meeting alot of u guys. I'm terrible with names and half the people I met probably didnt get mine anyway, but Smarchee, the dudes from Buffalo and the cool (and pretty) ladies they were with, Emily from Cincy, Kcherub and her "bitch", etc. It definitely made my weekend that much better. Thanks. Too bad it's all over, for now...

Hey Sherm, thanks again for hooking me up, what a great view from the seats we had, both times in Toronto I was on Eddie's left and didn't get a good view of him playing the actual chords because he faces the guitar on his right, which was a perfect view from where we sat. I had a blast at the pre-party too, glad you came and had fun, once you go to one, it's becomes a habit when you travel to a PJ show.

Lost track of you after the show ended, so I couldn't thank you personally, so thanks man,

you ROCK !!!!

Smarchee
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit