Chicago EV Pre-Party Fundraisers!

Comments

• Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    bump
  • Options
    ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    Bump!
    I miss you all already! Have a great time at the show. :)
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Options
    jendufjenduf Posts: 43
    Vedderlover in the house!!

Omaha Baby - Laura you must m,ake time to chat this time =)

Jen
  • Options
    lawguylawguy Posts: 257
    Now that the pub crawl happened two weeks ago, I was wondering if there was any update as to the location? Just trying to beging the planning process of my weekend. It is only a mere 3 weeks away.
  • Options
    emily6371emily6371 Posts: 202
    Where is everyone from out of town staying?
  • Options
    Rjonesrm20Rjonesrm20 Posts: 380
    emily6371 wrote:
    Where is everyone from out of town staying?

stayin at a hostel on thursday night and The Congress Plaza hotel on friday and saturday...most hotels in that area are over $200 a night...i'm on a budget after this past tour
    1998: Indy 2000: Indy, Cincy 2003: Lexington (m.e.o.), Cincy (cancelled),Indy 2004: Toledo 2005: Atlantic City 2 2006: Cleveland, Cincy 2008: Los Angeles1 (EV solo)-front row center!West Palm Beach-2nd row!, Tampa, Chicago 1&2-(EV solo) 2009: Nashville 1&2(EV solo) Memphis(EV solo) Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    lostpuppylostpuppy Posts: 110
    i'll volunteer to drink beer
  • Options
    Rjonesrm20 wrote:
    stayin at a hostel on thursday night and The Congress Plaza hotel on friday and saturday...most hotels in that area are over $200 a night...i'm on a budget after this past tour

Haha, I thought about staying at that hostel, but my friend that's going with me isn't too keen on the idea. I think we're gonna try priceline the week of and see what kind of deal we can get.
  • Options
    emily6371 wrote:
    Haha, I thought about staying at that hostel, but my friend that's going with me isn't too keen on the idea. I think we're gonna try priceline the week of and see what kind of deal we can get.

My wife and I got the Hilton for 99 bucks a night on Priceline... good luck!!
    Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?
  • Options
    Cool, thanks. Night 1 or 2?
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,284
    Try Hotwire as well as priceline......
  • Options
    Becky407Becky407 Posts: 21
    My friend and I are staying at the W Lakeshore. Obviously not near the venue but I like W's so I didn't mind the distance.

Last year for Lolla, I stayed at Hotel 71. Nice hotel but they had the scariest elevators I've ever been in.
  • Options
    My boyfriend and I stayed at the Hotel Allegro for Lolla. I liked it, but he thought it was too small. I'm really just trying to be cheap and that's not easy in Chicago. We'll see...
  • Options
    news soon???? *waiting patiently* :)
  • Options
    Anyone got any feedback on the Congress Plaza Hotel? It says theres a strike going on, but how bad is it?
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    news soon???? *waiting patiently* :)

What news?.... the location?
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    Anyone got any feedback on the Congress Plaza Hotel? It says theres a strike going on, but how bad is it?

I just reserved our room for Friday and Saturday night at the Congress. I didn't know anything about the strike?!?!

So has there been a location set yet? Now that I have the hotel booked, I plan on being at the pre-party. Sign me up
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • Options
    What news?.... the location?

Yea, I was hoping for some news on the location ;)
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687

leaning right now to Kasey's..... maybe exchequer, though that is more of a restaurant... we'll have it locked down by next week....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Right on. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    Hello Chicago bond people.

I'm sure you have all seen all the Alpine shirt fiasco....for the Milwaukee show. We have had several people going to Chicago and not Milwaukee, email/pm us about getting a shirt.

We have been trying to line up someone that will be in Milwaukee and going to Chicago to bring shirts with them. I may have that figured out but if not I could always ship them.....we have a couple people that have pre-ordered and I am shipping them the shirt.

That being said, if anyone going to Chicago would like one of these shirts....we are putting in the final order tomorrow and need payment to the paypal account by then. There is a SMALL chance a few left over shirts may end up at the Chicago pre-party and would be sold to benefit the charity there.

If you want info or want to see what they look like:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=295966

Thanks
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834

I'm sure you have all seen all the Alpine shirt fiasco....for the Milwaukee show. We have had several people going to Chicago and not Milwaukee, email/pm us about getting a shirt.

We have been trying to line up someone that will be in Milwaukee and going to Chicago to bring shirts with them. I may have that figured out but if not I could always ship them.....we have a couple people that have pre-ordered and I am shipping them the shirt.

That being said, if anyone going to Chicago would like one of these shirts....we are putting in the final order tomorrow and need payment to the paypal account by then. There is a SMALL chance a few left over shirts may end up at the Chicago pre-party and would be sold to benefit the charity there.

Thanks

There must be somebody that can help out. Come on people lets work together. :)
  • Options
    KyleBKyleB Posts: 75
    My donation still doesn't show up on the list. Just want to make sure Foxy Mop didn't miss it.

-Kyle
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078

Thanks
    i actually posted in the thread about the shirts that i'd be wiling to bring them from milwaukee to chicago. i'm going with jason (indifferentman) to the milwaukee EV show so i'll do it.
    let me know
    peace,
    ~jeannette~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    luvistower wrote:
    i actually posted in the thread about the shirts that i'd be wiling to bring them from milwaukee to chicago. i'm going with jason (indifferentman) to the milwaukee EV show so i'll do it.
    let me know
    peace,
    ~jeannette~
    Look slike we have confirmed someone to bring shirts to the Chicago pre-party if anyone wants one.......:)
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    luvistower wrote:
    let me know
    peace,
    ~jeannette~

Thanks Jeannette :)
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,818
    Yes, I'm a slacker.... but I'm back and will be keeping this puppy updated until the show.. hopefully :o
    KyleB wrote:
    Hi there,

I'll donate the following:

-Ottawa Poster professionally framed (frame job is okay, but looks awesome)
    -PJ DVD Tshirt (black one with Eddie sweeping) size MEDIUM (fits a little small)
    -PJ London, Canada Tshirt (size MEDIUM but fits pretty small)

Both shirts were worn once, for 10 seconds, after which I realized I was fat and couldn't fit in them very well.

Pic of Ottawa poster here: http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f133/kylebicking/PJ%20Posters/

Please add me to the list of one who needs a ticket (or two). Will pay for them or trade other framed posters, services, whatever!

Please advise where to drop off donations.

Thanks,
    Kyle

Got them posted Kyle, thanks so much for an awesome donation!! Take Kyle's lead and keep them coming people!
    no shows for SPEEDY..........

What about you!? You're our honorary Chicago chick - you have to come!
    jenduf wrote:
    Vedderlover in the house!!

Omaha Baby - Laura you must m,ake time to chat this time =)

Jen

I definitely will, I promise! I'll make the monkey work the table so I can socialize :D

p.s. you should really change your board name to OmahaJenny :D
    Rjonesrm20 wrote:

Congress is literally right across the street, and there's this super cool hostel (looks freakin cool as shit in there) across the street too on Wabash, I think.

Have calls in to both places... waiting to hear back from their PICs
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    KyleBKyleB Posts: 75
    Hey Laura,

Quick clarification on my donations. The Eddie silhouette item is actually a t-shirt, not a poster. Once the drop off location is determined, please let me know!

Regards,
    Kyle
  • Options
    bump ;)