Options

Chris Cornell Tour

Comments

• Options
    holtzholtz Posts: 509
    Only a couple more hours till I'll be seeing Chris at First Ave!
  • Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    I know! I can't believe this! :o ZERO CHANCE?? Did I read this correctly?!? :eek:

The only message relayed from Jon that I heard was the "full of surprises" bit. Didn't hear anything about Sunshower...but I wouldnt be surprised if it was played. And I mean, he IS out for the kill soooo.....
    ;)

And mole1985, Vegas was a festival type thing. Chris played with a ton of other bands and therefore had a shorter set. The "real" shows will definitely be longer than this. :)

Cool. I hope he does play sunshower that song is awesome.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    holtz wrote:
    Only a couple more hours till I'll be seeing Chris at First Ave!

we will be expecting a full review and setlist. :)
  • Options
    mole1985 wrote:
    Zero chance is one of my fav soundgarden songs but why did he only play 8 songs in vegas? Hope he plans on playing more then that in London.

I think it was because Vegas was a open air show with a festival-type set - he only had 40 minutes, and wasn't the headline act. Good for a warm-up! I'm sure he'll be playing much longer sets at his headlining shows.

In fact he (or whoever handles these things for him, lol...) just posted as much on his MySpace blog. ;)
    www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • Options
    bookmusebookmuse Posts: 277
    AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Only three more hours :D:D:D
    "Speak your mind even if your voice shakes" ~ M Kuhn
  • Options
    SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    I just got a phone call from First Ave. It was pretty muffled but I think I heard Hunger Strike in the background. Apparently the meet and greet was ok.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Options
    stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    How could the meet and greet only be "ok"? It's Chris Cornell!!! :D:D:D
  • Options
    Songburst wrote:
    I just got a phone call from First Ave. It was pretty muffled but I think I heard Hunger Strike in the background. Apparently the meet and greet was ok.

What time did the show start?? Should be over by now.

I wonder what he played.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    Zero Chance, that would be the ultimate for me. If I were to compile my own set list, that would def be on it. Love that one, used to put it on repeat.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    because I'm absolutely floating :D

The First Avenue show was insane. Whoever is lucky enough to be going to these shows is in for a treat :) Just unimaginable to see Chris in such a small venue and so close. This is one girl who will be having some sweet dreams tonight.

The show lasted close to two hours including the encore. They played many Soundgarden songs (one never played live), 3 new songs from the solo album, some Audioslave, Hungar Strike (Chris said this guy (the rythym guitar player) will be filling in on someone else's part and that he hopes he can sing it with the original guy real soon (Eddie :D), Billie Jean and Seasons (Oh yea!!!!!!!).

The band was excellent and Chris palyed a few acoustic solo songs.

Jesus Christ Pose ended the evening. Maybe someone else will provide the set list - I can not remember the exact order but WOW - awesome show!!!

And to those who say Cornell can't sing or hit those notes any longer well, You are very wrong!!!!!
  • Options
    vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,079
    mole1985 wrote:
    Cool. I hope he does play sunshower that song is awesome.

Every time I hear that song, I melt. I can't wait to see him again. The man is AMAZING, not to mention the most beautiful on the planet. :)
    Shut the fuck up, stupid.
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    Zero Chance, that would be the ultimate for me. If I were to compile my own set list, that would def be on it. Love that one, used to put it on repeat.

Someone on the Cornell board said he played it tonight...that when he introduced it he said that its the first time he's played it.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    bookmuse wrote:

The First Avenue show was insane. Whoever is lucky enough to be going to these shows is in for a treat :) Just unimaginable to see Chris in such a small venue and so close. This is one girl who will be having some sweet dreams tonight.

The show lasted close to two hours including the encore. They played many Soundgarden songs (one never played live), 3 new songs from the solo album, some Audioslave, Hungar Strike (Chris said this guy (the rythym guitar player) will be filling in on someone else's part and that he hopes he can sing it with the original guy real soon (Eddie :D), Billie Jean and Seasons (Oh yea!!!!!!!).

Jesus Christ Pose ended the evening. Maybe someone else will provide the set list - I can not remember the exact order but WOW - awesome show!!!

And to those who say Cornell can't sing or hit those notes any longer well, You are very wrong!!!!!

Did he play Sunshower?!?!?
  • Options
    bookmuse wrote:

holy fucking shit, this concert is going to be great.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    bookmuse wrote:

Remembers me when he played in the Curio House over here;)
    It was small venue too ...
    Happy for you that you had a nice nice evening you never forget ...
    and i can´t see him and what i read is killing me ...
  • Options
    pjhabitpjhabit Posts: 211
    How many people does First Ave hold?

Just curious as I'm seeing Kings of Leon there next month. Wish i could of made it there to see Chris though... you lucky f*ckers.
    Boise 11/3/00~Fargo 6/15/03~Winnipeg 9/8/05~St. Paul 6/26/06~6/27/06
  • Options
    Setlist from what I can remember, not necessarily in order-

Spoonman
    Outshined
    Hunger Strike
    No Such thing (new song)
    Burden In My Hand
    Zero Chance
    Pretty Noose
    Seasons
    Poison Eye (new song)
    Billie Jean
    Like A Stone
    Cal Me A Dog
    What You Are
    Rusty Cage
    Wide Awake
    Doesn't Remind Me
    Black Hole Sun
    New Song, possibly Arms Around your Love
    Jesus Christ Pose

I thought the band was decent but nothing special, especially not when compared to his last two bands. The crowd seemed to know Chris more from his Audioslave stuff than Soundgarden to me, I don't think many knew Seasons. Chris' voice sounded great, way better than he did for most of Audioslave live. Chris really seemed to be enjoying himself onstage, sgined stuff for people in the front of the crowd and had a smile all night long.
  • Options
    pjhabitpjhabit Posts: 211
    PJ Habit wrote:
    How many people does First Ave hold?
    anyone?
    Boise 11/3/00~Fargo 6/15/03~Winnipeg 9/8/05~St. Paul 6/26/06~6/27/06
  • Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    here's hoping that he'll bust out gun for me next week.
  • Options
    PJ Habit wrote:
    anyone?

About 1500.
  • Options
    six days
    see you all in toronto!
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    holtz wrote:

Spoonman
    Outshined
    Hunger Strike
    No Such thing (new song)
    Burden In My Hand
    Zero Chance
    Pretty Noose
    Seasons
    Poison Eye (new song)
    Billie Jean
    Like A Stone
    Cal Me A Dog
    What You Are
    Rusty Cage
    Wide Awake
    Doesn't Remind Me
    Black Hole Sun
    New Song, possibly Arms Around your Love
    Jesus Christ Pose

I thought the band was decent but nothing special, especially not when compared to his last two bands. The crowd seemed to know Chris more from his Audioslave stuff than Soundgarden to me, I don't think many knew Seasons. Chris' voice sounded great, way better than he did for most of Audioslave live. Chris really seemed to be enjoying himself onstage, sgined stuff for people in the front of the crowd and had a smile all night long.

Oh fuck me, that set list is incredible!!! And Zero Chance - damn I forgot how much I love that song, fingers crossed he plays it at the Astoria.
  • Options
    Hunger Strike in Vegas: http://youtube.com/watch?v=zCLLz8H4dpM
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    holtz wrote:

Jesus Christ Pose

Now I refuse to believe that he could still sing JCP without making my ears bleed. His voice is still great now, but it's so different from what it was that I can't imagine him even getting close to the high notes in that song without screaming them.

How was it?
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    DOSW wrote:
    Now I refuse to believe that he could still sing JCP without making my ears bleed. His voice is still great now, but it's so different from what it was that I can't imagine him even getting close to the high notes in that song without screaming them.

How was it?

Your ears shouldn't bleed -mine didn't and neither did others! It was surreal to be in such a small venue. The man was smiling and humble -hope you're going!

Sunday, April 08, 2007

First Ave, Minneapolis Set List

SPOONMAN
    OUTSHINED
    HUNGER STRIKE
    NO SUCH THING
    LIKE A STONE
    ZERO CHANCE
    BURDEN IN MY HAND
    PRETTY NOOSE
    SEASONS
    CALL ME A DOG
    DOESN'T REMIND ME
    WHAT YOU ARE
    POISON EYE
    BILLIE JEAN
    RUSTY CAGE

encores
    WIDE AWAKE
    BLACK HOLE SUN
    ARMS AROUND YOU LOVE
    JESUS CHRIST POSE
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    2 days til metro
    cant wait cant wait cant wait cant wait!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    hey everyone get on youtube, search chris cornell and then sort by date added, there's videos from last nights show, just listening to Burden in my hand, and fucking hell he's nailing the high notes strong and clear!
  • Options
    Burden In My Hand sounds great. The band sounds pretty solid too. Can't wait till Saturday in Toronto. This is just a tease now.
    "I don't wanna go, from Toronto!!!" - EV '06
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,829
    bookmuse wrote:
    Hungar Strike (Chris said this guy (the rythym guitar player) will be filling in on someone else's part and that he hopes he can sing it with the original guy real soon (Eddie :D)...

eddie needs to get his voice warmed up before the plays that benefit on may 5th. i think he needs to warm it up with chris at the avalon on may 2nd. :p
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky