Options

Chris Cornell Tour

Comments

• Options
    stpmattb wrote:
    So...I won the meet and greet for Baltimore :D:D:D:D

Thats awesome!! Congrats Matt!!

I tried for Toronto but I got fucked by the Chris Cornell mailing list cause THOSE e-mails were sent out 17 flipping hours AFTER Suretones was. I'm also on suretones mailing list but I never got the e-mail.

ohh well. I'll find a way to meet Chris somehow...someday.

I want details and pics Matt!!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    any news on this rumoured london astoria chris cornell show??

has it been officially confirmed yet?? :)
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I has Jack.. called the Astoria myself this morning.. it's happening... :D
  • Options
    wow wow wow wow wow!!!! :D

this is gonna take my astoria tally up to 3: pearl jam, alice in chains and now chris cornell... amazing... and i love that venue so much :cool:

so i suppose this lack of publicity or announcement for the cornell gig will make it easier to get tickets... :D
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    wow wow wow wow wow!!!! :D

this is gonna take my astoria tally up to 3: pearl jam, alice in chains and now chris cornell... amazing... and i love that venue so much :cool:

Snap :D
    so i suppose this lack of publicity or announcement for the cornell gig will make it easier to get tickets... :D

Fingers crossed ... the mailing list and website don't seem to be letting people know about any of the Europe dates ...
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    so i'm guessing that when it says tickets on sale thursday that means 9am right?

at all the usual places? ticketmaster, see tickets.. etc...?
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • Options
    9am.. £25 (face value - need to add charges). Astoria box office opens at 10am if you want to get them there (no charge unless you use credit card then £1 on top).

Seetickets most probably.. don't know which other ones will sell...
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    9am.. £25 (face value - need to add charges). Astoria box office opens at 10am if you want to get them there (no charge unless you use credit card then £1 on top).

haha can't do the trek down from manchester to the box office! i will try seetickets then... if anyone hears any more news about the astoria show and where to get tickets then post it here!

cheers for the info redrock :)
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • Options
    Forgot you're manchester!!!! Anyway.. we'll see you there!
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Just got my NYC tix in the mail yesterday. Less than two weeks away!!! Can't Wait!!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    Lsk6453Lsk6453 Ponte Vedra, FL Posts: 552
    Anyone have an extra ticket for the Irving Plaza Show?

I need just 1 for me

Please and Thank you
    Shows attended: 38

7/5/98 Dallas, 10/17/00 Dallas, 4/30/03 Uniondale, 7/8/03 MSG 1, 7/9/03 MSG 2, 9/28/04 Boston 1, 9/29/04 Boston 2, 10/03/05 Philly, 4/15/06 SNL, 5/5/06 Irving Plaza, 5/13/06 Hartford, 6/1/06 NJ 1, 6/3/06 NJ 2, 6/20/08 Camden, 6/27/08 Hartford, 7/1/08 The Beacon, 10/27/09 Philly, 10/28/09 Philly, 10/30/09 Philly, 10/31/09 Philly, 5/20/10 MSG, 5/21/10 MSG, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13, Brooklyn, 10/25/13 Hartford, 11/15/13 Dallas, 10/12/14 Austin 2, 5/1/16 MSG 1, 5/2/16 MSG 2, 8/5/15 Fenway 1, 4/7/17 RRHOF Induction, 8/8/18 Seattle 1, 8/10/18 Seattle  2, 9/2/18 Fenway 1, 9/13/23 Ft. Worth 1, 9/15/23 Ft. Worth 2, 5/16/24 Vegas 1, 5/18/24 Vegas 2
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    stpmattb wrote:
    So...I won the meet and greet for Baltimore :D:D:D:D

That's awesome man. How did you win? You seem to have a whole lot of luck when it comes to Chris Cornell events. :D

I guess if there was a Philly meet & greet I lost my chance already. Oh well.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014

That's pretty cool. I might pick one up depending on the price.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    redrock wrote:

OK I miss one day on the board then we find out about a Cornell show in London! Sorry if I'm being stupid, but when is the show? I must have tickets!

I was also at PJ and AIC at the Astoria, both incredible shows, Cornell would be the icing on the cake - I can't believe they are closing the place down, the fuckers!
  • Options
    It´s great to see Chris on tour I´m going to the Toronto show!!! I can´t wait!
  • Options
    OK I miss one day on the board then we find out about a Cornell show in London! Sorry if I'm being stupid, but when is the show? I must have tickets!

I was also at PJ and AIC at the Astoria, both incredible shows, Cornell would be the icing on the cake - I can't believe they are closing the place down, the fuckers!

16h of May... I was at the same shows as you!!!! I love the Astoria.. closing it for what? More shops and offices?
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    16h of May... I was at the same shows as you!!!! I love the Astoria.. closing it for what? More shops and offices?

Yep more shops and offices, apparently the money from the sale will be going to the Olympics fund (or something like that).

I saw Audioslave at the astoria back in 2003 it was incredible. Even better now we're gonna get to hear loads of his other stuff too, and I'll finally get to hear Seasons live, yay!
  • Options
    apparently the money from the sale will be going to the Olympics fund (or something like that).
    Crap... loads of bollocks...
  • Options
    schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    i need a miracle
    desperately in need of an irving plaza ticket
    willing to pay $$$
    whos got my miracle?
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
  • Options
    schmoff wrote:
    i need a miracle
    desperately in need of an irving plaza ticket
    willing to pay $$$
    whos got my miracle?

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=cornell+irving&category0=

good luck!
  • Options
    schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    yeah that a little obvious, i was hoping to score tickets from a fan and not some broker looking to rape me
    thanks anyway
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
  • Options
    mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    has anyone gotten tix from tbastard releasing more for irving?

heard one rumor, but unconfirmed and everytime i try i get evil SOL message
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    mauichick wrote:
    has anyone gotten tix from tbastard releasing more for irving?

heard one rumor, but unconfirmed and everytime i try i get evil SOL message

don't believe the rumors. i've tried ticketmaster every day since they originally sold out. no luck.

pretty soon i might just cave and buy a ticket the hard way. it's easier to justify since it looks like pearl jam won't be coming around this year.
  • Options

nice! do you have the on sale info for this one?
  • Options
    don't believe the rumors. i've tried ticketmaster every day since they originally sold out. no luck.

pretty soon i might just cave and buy a ticket the hard way. it's easier to justify since it looks like pearl jam won't be coming around this year.

he's totally worth it, but its tough considering face is $35
    (and i've spent too much $$ on other shows (rage, bjork, bright eyes)...
    I talked to box office guy and he also said no dice on more tix being released
    I'm still going to go and try my luck day of the show
    maybe someone will take pity on us fans??
  • Options
    stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    3 weeks until I meet him :D
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,829
    stpmattb wrote:
    3 weeks until I meet him :D

oh yeah...but tomorrow I SEE him. ;)

HI MATT!
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    mauichick wrote:
    he's totally worth it, but its tough considering face is $35
    (and i've spent too much $$ on other shows (rage, bjork, bright eyes)...
    I talked to box office guy and he also said no dice on more tix being released
    I'm still going to go and try my luck day of the show
    maybe someone will take pity on us fans??

yeah, it's especially tough to justify for someone like me who's already going to his philly and baltimore shows. :D

not that going to baltimore in the middle of the week is easy to justify...

but i actually passed on rage tickets when i saw that they were gonna be around $100 each through ticketmaster. i really like rage, but the logic in my head told me that i'd rather see chris cornell for a third time. stupid decision? arguably. but it was mine to make...

i'm not counting on having any luck at the venue, but stranger things have happened if you wanna try it. when pearl jam played irving plaza last year, there was a girl sitting outside with a sign that said "i need a ticket." she was there for a few hours, and then eventually somebody just walked by and handed one to her.

the scalpers at the venue will likely be charging just as much as they are right now. the prices will come down, but not until after he takes the stage... and that's kind of a buzzkill.
  • Options
    That's cool. Would love to follow him too, but timing off for me (and apparently my good tkt karma hasn't kicked in yet)

sad that $100 seems to be going rate...didn't realize rage was so $$ until after i made the purchase for 2 tix. (overcome by the novelty of tbastard actually taking my $$ for a change)

makes me appreciate pj and 10c all the more...

scalping at the show will depend on the demand. biggest concern is getting ripped off with a counterfeit
  • Options
    IlovveePJIlovveePJ Posts: 145
    I'm going to the Austin, Tx show. =]
    Cincinnati. 6.24.06 Portland. 7.20.06 Gorge I. 7.22.06 London. 6.18.07
    Lollapalooza. 8.5.07 West Palm Beach. 6.11.08 Bonnaroo. 6.14.08
    Hartford. Mansfield.

www.myspace.com/lkatmeimsandrab