Options

Chris Cornell Tour

Comments

• Options
    Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    Hi Clare, nice to see you here. Keep the great work on you site.

But now that you are here, we need to get you into Pearl Jam ;)
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    dharma69 wrote:
    Okay :).

#1: the atmosphere was casual, pleasant, fun; it was on one of the studio lots (FOX, MGM...I've already forgotten); a typical production scene, cueing us for applause and such. Great place to catch a show if you're so fortunate.

#2: the man's got a full band...a tight ass band behind him. I'm so glad that this will NOT be a coffee-house acoustic, me-and-my-guitar tour. This is rock and roll.

#3: the voice was dead on but, bless his heart, has he learned how to fully use it? Yes, he has. He can croon as well as fly the octaves.

#4: he took Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean" and ripped it a new one. Soul and blues, baby. Soulful and bluesy.

A friend who came with me to the show and had never heard of Cornell:
    (a) didn't even recognize the song the way Cornell sings it...only realized it was MJ's Billie Jean after it was over (that's a good song...take the song and make it your own)
    (b) thought it was right on

#5: he's so damned charming and funny and quick-witted and coherent for a man born of grunge rock.

#6: he exudes the aura of a content man.

SETLIST:
    Burden In My Hand
    Can't Change Me
    Billie Jean
    Arms Around Your Love (this should have been the US release...this song moves me)
    No Such Thing (I'm more impressed with it now that I've heard it live)
    Black Hole Sun (never thought I'd hear this full blown with a band)
    (a few pickups)
    Spoonman

Q&A's interspersed throughout the taping.

~Cornell said very plainly said that he's not interested in a SG reunion.
    ~Yogi (lead guitarist) showed us that he can do the moonwalk.
    ~Michael Jackson and Madonna were the last artists that he'd ever expected to cover. EVER.

Excellent. So excited about Dallas. Anyone else here going? I think it like 1500 people venue.

I wonder how long are the shows running?
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    Clare is everywhere, hi Clare!!!!
  • Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    i can´t see him live this year ...well when he comes around my belly is so damn big;) as i said before but i wish all of you,who can see him amazing shows etc.
    (it breaks my heart a bit ):(:(
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Maybe I'll meet some of you there *waves at redrock and claire*
    **waves back** Hi Clare! Nice of you to pop in the pit! :D:D:D Will definitely be seeing you at the Astoria! :D Good to see your site is gremlin free...

Now... about this band called Pearl Jam..... ;)
  • Options
    Thanks for the nice welcome! :) I've actually followed PJ's career marginally longer than I have CC's, lol, but it never got quite the same hold on me somehow and I wouldn't call myself any kind of expert. It's wonderful music, though, and my husband is a big fan so we have all their stuff in the house, though we always seem to have missed 'em live. :) Great band, and I've always admired Mr Vedder for his integrity and his - I dunno, would you say gentleness? - as well as for his music.
    www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Thanks for the nice welcome! :) I've actually followed PJ's career marginally longer than I have CC's, lol, but it never got quite the same hold on me somehow and I wouldn't call myself any kind of expert. It's wonderful music, though, and my husband is a big fan so we have all their stuff in the house, though we always seem to have missed 'em live. :) Great band, and I've always admired Mr Vedder for his integrity and his - I dunno, would you say gentleness? - as well as for his music.
    between us, we might be able to find you a ticket for Wembley ;)

quick question: do you know what the policy is regarding recording and photos for CC?
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    between us, we might be able to find you a ticket for Wembley ;)

quick question: do you know what the policy is regarding recording and photos for CC?

Ooooo, cool! :) I wonder if I could persuade Husband to go...he's got a bit of a thing about cities. Re recording & photos, haven't heard anything official, but to my knowledge no-one's ever been stopped unless it was venue security getting funny for their own reasons. I don't think Audioslave ever had a down on it, and I've heard from one person who was happily taking photos on the rail at the Vegas show last night without anyone giving a damn!! :) CC seems pretty accessible these days - a lot of people are getting meet-and-greets and passes on this tour, so I doubt he's gonna care about a few photos and bootlegs. But don't quote me on that - could be wrong. There was the problem of some stalker after his missis and kids, and I don't know if that was resolved or not.
    www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    I heard Chris played JESUS CHRIST POSE last night!! :eek:

And theres also this from X107.5 Xtreme Rock Radio studios in Las Vegas, acoustic version of No Such Thing. Wow! :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzEa7CCBXyY

These upcoming shows are going to be INSANE!! (((:D)))
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    bookmusebookmuse Posts: 277
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    I heard Chris played JESUS CHRIST POSE last night!! :eek:

And theres also this from X107.5 Xtreme Rock Radio studios in Las Vegas, acoustic version of No Such Thing. Wow! :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzEa7CCBXyY

These upcoming shows are going to be INSANE!! (((:D)))

So, you went to the Las Vegas show last night???

How long was the show? Cannot wait until tomorrow night :D
    "Speak your mind even if your voice shakes" ~ M Kuhn
  • Options
    PJSEMPREPJSEMPRE Posts: 687

Welcome, Clare!
    Your site is really good. Very informative.
    PJ is going to Europe, it is a good chance to see them live. I believe you and your husband will love their show.
    Let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah.
    It's growing up just like me.
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,808
    Hey Chuckie....I hear you, PJPixie and Yield2PearlJam all MET Chris after the taping. CONGRATS!!!!!
    I'm gonna meet him next weekend when he comes here. I'll find a way lol

they met him, i stayed back and watched. it was cute. :) good luck on meeting him in toronto. can't wait to see him again with eddie in may. ;)
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options

missed 'em live, huh. no wonder why they never got that hold on U. see them live, then check back. :p
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    bookmuse wrote:
    So, you went to the Las Vegas show last night???

How long was the show? Cannot wait until tomorrow night :D

Oh no sorry, I didn't go. My first show will be Philly weekend after next (holy shit! wtf!!!?). I had some friends that were at the Vegas show though. I just got a relayed message last night that JCP was played and freaked the fuck out! I'm not sure of any of the other details.

OMG your show is TOMORROW!!!?? :eek: WOW! Super excited for you my friend. I can't wait to hear ALL about it!

And yes, warmest welcomes to you Clare. Great to have you here. :) Your site is absolutely beautiful. Keep up the amazing work. And I definitely agree with PJammin'...you must experience PJ live. I mean they ARE coming your way this summer ya know. ;)

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Oh no sorry, I didn't go. My first show will be Philly weekend after next (holy shit! wtf!!!?). I had some friends that were at the Vegas show though. I just got a relayed message last night that JCP was played and freaked the fuck out! I'm not sure of any of the other details.

OMG your show is TOMORROW!!!?? :eek: WOW! Super excited for you my friend. I can't wait to hear ALL about it!

And yes, warmest welcomes to you Clare. Great to have you here. :) Your site is absolutely beautiful. Keep up the amazing work. And I definitely agree with PJammin'...you must experience PJ live. I mean they ARE coming your way this summer ya know. ;)

PHILLY HERE U COME! SOME SERIOUS STUFF WILL BE HAPPENING TO U THAT NIGHT! OH MY...LOTS OF UNEXPLAINABLE FEELINGS GOIN' ON. ;) can't wait until U hear that heavenly voice again. chris is in great spirits, all 6 foot 2 of him in those white shoes of his. :p
  • Options
    Totally unexplainable. :D But you know I'll manage to come back with a novel of details. :p Like I told you, I'm actually kinda scared! :eek: haha. Excited/nervous/scared as hell. It's weird. All I know is it will definitely be an extremely life changing experience. I know for sure we are ALL just SO beyond in for it with this tour. Chris is out for the kill!!

Aw I LOVE that he's in great spirits these days. It makes feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :) Like Clare said, he certainly is a lot more accessible these days and really does seem to be really happy and free. In many ways.

And whoa whoa whoa...white shoes?? hehe.

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    The Philly show is going to become one of the legendary shows of Chris Cornell's career... I'm calling it.

Of course, the fact that I'm going may make my prediction a little biased, but... I'm still calling it. :cool:
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    Damn!! You're getting me even more worked up! I'm with you DOSW. :D
    I also just realized the other day that this tour is another chance for me to finally experience GETAWAY CAR after years and years of wishing and hoping and praying. This could be the tour!! :o Regardless though...we are in for it no matter what. Ooo and I'm excited to finally be a part of a Philly crowd!

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Damn!! You're getting me even more worked up! I'm with you DOSW. :D
    I also just realized the other day that this tour is another chance for me to finally experience GETAWAY CAR after years and years of wishing and hoping and praying. This could be the tour!! :o Regardless though...we are in for it no matter what. Ooo and I'm excited to finally be a part of a Philly crowd!

getaway car!! :eek: :eek: :D
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,862
    I'll be at the Minneapolis show. Woot woot.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    Oh god he played Jesus Christ Pose!!!!! :eek:

He's gotta come to Australia!!!!!
  • Options
    I don know if i should read this cuz im gettin too excited!

*Waves shyly at clare and redrock*
  • Options
    stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    Two Weeks Until Philly :D:D:D
  • Options
    OMG!!!!!!!! OMG!!! I cannot believe this shit. I seriously have tears in my eyes.
    Just read this on Clare's site....

"He also told some fans at the meet & greet that Soundgarden's ZERO CHANCE might be a feature of future shows."

:eek: :eek: :eek:

*dies*

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    OMG!!!!!!!! OMG!!! I cannot believe this shit. I seriously have tears in my eyes.

"He also told some fans at the meet & greet that Soundgarden's ZERO CHANCE might be a feature of future shows."

*dies*

Wow... I was just listening to that song last night and I thought it would really be a great one for his solo tour. That would be soooo awesome if he played it in Philly. Couple that with Seasons and maybe a few other SG rarities, and I think a lot of people will be able to die happy on the night of the 22nd. :D
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    Seriously too much to handle!
    ZERO CHANCE might just be my most listened to SG song.
    I cannot even begin to deal with this!! :eek: Deep breaths. Deep breaths....

Apparently Chris confirmed the up and coming massacre too by also telling people at the meet and greet that the future shows will be "full of surprises".
    *faints*

All I can say is that we really should have some "I survived Chris Cornell's solo tour" tshirts handy.:p
    LOL!! This is completely NUTS!

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    What about Blind Dogs? Maybe my favourite Soundgarden rarity.
    By the way when is he coming Down Under? Last time he was here was 03' and prior to that 97'. C'mon Chris.
  • Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Zero chance is one of my fav soundgarden songs but why did he only play 8 songs in vegas? Hope he plans on playing more then that in London.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:

*dies*

OMG :eek: That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Did Jon say if Chris is gonna be playing Sunshower at all???
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    I know! I can't believe this! :o ZERO CHANCE?? Did I read this correctly?!? :eek:

The only message relayed from Jon that I heard was the "full of surprises" bit. Didn't hear anything about Sunshower...but I wouldnt be surprised if it was played. And I mean, he IS out for the kill soooo.....
    ;)

And mole1985, Vegas was a festival type thing. Chris played with a ton of other bands and therefore had a shorter set. The "real" shows will definitely be longer than this. :)

"Lo√e, you know the word