JET is a better band than Pearl Jam.

Comments

• IlovveePJIlovveePJ Posts: 145
    What a funny joke! :)
    Cincinnati. 6.24.06 Portland. 7.20.06 Gorge I. 7.22.06 London. 6.18.07
    Lollapalooza. 8.5.07 West Palm Beach. 6.11.08 Bonnaroo. 6.14.08
    Hartford. Mansfield.

www.myspace.com/lkatmeimsandrab
  • did jet even put out a second album? Oh yeah they did... it sucked and no one cared hence i forgot
  • BaystoneBaystone Posts: 111
    yeah but to my ears radio song is a rip off of the vines. its the first and only thing i think of upon hearing it.

how about timothy? what do you think of that one?

and has anyone heard sgt major? holy hell, tell me that doesn't sound like a certain mancunian band.
    ha. I think everyone had this exact same thought when they first heard sgt major. Jet does Oasis.
    I only lied because it was the easiest way to get what I wanted.
  • BaystoneBaystone Posts: 111
    I got it, just chalk it up to him having a bad day :p

I like that they don't sound trendy. Black Sabbath meets Zeppelin.. very retro. I like em enough.
    Black Sabbath meets Zeppelin not trendy?
    I only lied because it was the easiest way to get what I wanted.
  • boxwine_in_hellboxwine_in_hell Posts: 1,263
    fanch75 wrote:
    Edit: The subject should say "Jet ARE a better band than Pearl Jam." My apologies to all grammatically offended. By the way, have yourself a Zima with a Jolly Rancher and shut the fuck up.

Anyway, Jet rock out, don't think they are the saviors of rock, and frankly don't give a fuck if you think that they're derivative of their influences, because what band isn't?

JET rule. A band of drunks a la Oasis who simply don't care what anyone (my guess this includes message board people) thinks and just do what they do.

An Oasis/Jet/Buckcherry bill would just slay. They could call it the "You're All A Bunch Of Bloody Fookin' Wankas!" tour. ANd I'd definitely go.

Discuss.

Smoke another doobie because you're really high. Jet blows. (No pun intended)
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    fanch75 wrote:
    Edit: The subject should say "Jet ARE a better band than Pearl Jam." My apologies to all grammatically offended. By the way, have yourself a Zima with a Jolly Rancher and shut the fuck up.

Anyway, Jet rock out, don't think they are the saviors of rock, and frankly don't give a fuck if you think that they're derivative of their influences, because what band isn't?

JET rule. A band of drunks a la Oasis who simply don't care what anyone (my guess this includes message board people) thinks and just do what they do.

An Oasis/Jet/Buckcherry bill would just slay. They could call it the "You're All A Bunch Of Bloody Fookin' Wankas!" tour. ANd I'd definitely go.

Discuss.

this man is totally out of his fucking mind

too many Ratt records will do that to a guy ;)
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Jet blows.

sums it up
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    fanch75 wrote:

Discuss.
    What a ridiculous thread.

That being said, I've seen Jet twice this year. Enjoyed the hell out of them.

Why? Because they put on an entertaining show that consists of straightforward, riffy, Rolling Stones-esque, rock and roll 101. The brothers can sing, Nic is a good frontman who could easily pass for the Gallagher brothers better-looking and much less annoying cousin on their father's side, and who says music has to be deep and meaningful, anti-this or pro-that to give you a good time?

Sometimes you just want/need the music to be fun and to rock you. Jet fills that want/need.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    dharma69 wrote:
    What a ridiculous thread.

That being said, I've seen Jet twice this year. Enjoyed the hell out of them.

Why? Because they put on an entertaining show that consists of straightforward, riffy, Rolling Stones-esque, rock and roll 101. The brothers can sing, Nic is a good frontman who could easily pass for the Gallagher brothers better-looking and much less annoying cousin on their father's side, and who says music has to be deep and meaningful, anti-this or pro-that to give you a good time?

Sometimes you just want/need the music to be fun and to rock you. Jet fills that want/need.

certainly not oasis, that's for sure. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • PearlerPearler Posts: 191
    Smoke another doobie because you're really high. Jet blows. (No pun intended)

theres a thought.............. the doobie brothers ..............

They kill Bob Dylan.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Not this silly thread again
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
    Pearler wrote:
    theres a thought.............. the doobie brothers ..............

They kill Bob Dylan.

ah ha . :D i don't know whose smoking what now. :D:D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    my2hands wrote:
    too many Ratt records will do that to a guy ;)

I saw Ratt twice last week (once in Cincy another in Cleveland) and Ratt RULED.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    fanch75 wrote:
    I saw Ratt twice last week (once in Cincy another in Cleveland) and Ratt RULED.

The question is: Did they open with "Round and Round"? I saw them open for Helix a couple of years ago.

Speaking of Helix:
    Give me an "R" "O" "C" "K". What you got? Rock! And whatcha gonna do? Rock You!
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,592
    Heck even JET magazine is better than Pearl Jam.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    fanch75 wrote:
    "Jet ARE a better band than Pearl Jam."
    so how much does a crack habit cost these days?
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    Heck even JET magazine is better than Pearl Jam.

Jet has a magazine? How do they devote 50+ pages every week to Jet? They don't exactly have much "new stuff" going on.
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    Jet has a magazine? How do they devote 50+ pages every week to Jet? They don't exactly have much "new stuff" going on.

JET Magazine has endless pages about how the band wishes that talented writer from the Synergy Message Pit would write a drunken review about GET BORN and SHINE ON.
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    fanch75 wrote:
    JET Magazine has endless pages about how the band wishes that talented writer from the Synergy Message Pit would write a drunken review about GET BORN and SHINE ON.

We don't have any talented writers here... do we?
    Alex_Coe wrote:

it's a picture magazine. it also contains a crossword, a find-a-word and a quiz where you can find out which member of JET is your perfect match. plus a blog by chris cester bitching from behind his kit about why his brother won't let him sing more songs :D:p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Songburst wrote:
    The question is: Did they open with "Round and Round"? I saw them open for Helix a couple of years ago.

Speaking of Helix:
    Give me an "R" "O" "C" "K". What you got? Rock! And whatcha gonna do? Rock You!

They opened with "Sweet Cheater" from Ratt's EP debut. That's old school!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    once again, thanks fanch.....this thread is brilliant.....:D
    gotz id wrote:
    Winger is superior to all the above mentioned bands.

Winger does kick ass, I'll give you that.

Anyone who disagrees - Kip Winger will come and steal your girlfriend!

cutback - np, dude!
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    hey Fanch75, what's up my brother?
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Jet are a horrible band.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • lalalalaaaaaaaalalalalaaaaaaaa Posts: 2,445
    fanch75 wrote:
    Edit: The subject should say "Jet ARE a better band than Pearl Jam." My apologies to all grammatically offended.

Oh man...that made my morning...As funny as the idea of Jet being a better band than Pearl Jam may be, THIS is 100 times as funny.
    Would Liam Gallagher put up with this shit?
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    Liam would poke Alex Coe in the eye and then bite him, all the while drinking a Carling.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    boroff89 wrote:
    Jet is one of those bands that makes me want to throw up. They have absolutely nothing to contribute to music, and should simply go away. It is mindless cock-rock.
    word.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Evensolo05Evensolo05 Posts: 118
    didnt they cover iggy pop " lust for life".... oh wait a minute that was are you gonna be my girl (or whatever the hell its called?)
    no additives, preservatives, or artificial colouring