JET is a better band than Pearl Jam.

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Jet are utter shite and their singer looks like he was chasing a bus with his face... ugly fuckwit... and they need a wash as they look like the smell of mouldy broccoli

I have their first album and this thread has made me remember i need to delete them from my iTunes to make room.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    At ACL Festival 05, my buddies and I decided to get at close as possible for Oasis, meaning we had to get to the stage hours before they went on. Guess who played before them - Jet. As everyone around stood for the new, completely over-hyped band, we all sat down for the entire hour. They suuuuuuucked, needless to say. It was worth it, barely, that is torturing my eardrums to get a decent spot for Oasis.

Oasis>>>>>>>>>jet. There's no comparison.
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    LOL....

They aren't bad...you have balls for posting this Fanch. :p
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • tobbactobbac Posts: 234
    glasshouse wrote:
    jet >>>>>>>>>> beatles

thats a bold statement...
    You ain't-never seen no one like me
    Prevail-regardless what the cost might be
    Power-flows inside of me, you can't bring me
    Never-fall as long as I try
    Refuse-to be a part of your lie
    Even-if it means I die, you can't bring me
    You...can't...bring...me...down!
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    Wolfmother>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jet
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    pearl jam > everyone

dumb thread..not even comparable
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Hmmmmm Jet, boring shoe gazers too cool to wash, shave or look a the camera. Not much to their songs, empty riffs, yawn !!

And what was their second album called, "Shine ON" ?? Sounds like the worst of an Idol winners effort.
    Fuck, we must have been desperate for someone to love that year !!!!!
    thank you.. honestly I have no idea what someone with taste could possibly see in Jet. Some of you have gotten me confused with this (even worse than the whole radiohead debacle soulsinging ;) )
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    boroff89 wrote:
    Soulsinging, in response to your three posts:

1) I completely understand the contradiction. I have them in my collection as well. I am simply stating my tastes, and by my standards, Jet is awful. Again, I am by no means an indie snob. My favorite artists are: Pearl Jam, The Beatles, Alice in Chains, Incubus, The Shins, Arcade Fire, Jimi Hendrix, Thrice, and Dashboard Confessional. It's a mix.

2) I have never heard cock rock associated with Pearl Jam. For me, cock rock is rock music with trite, superficial lyrics that typically focuses on drinking, drugs, and sex.

3) I have never heard anyone say "Jet saved my life." Find me a few examples of this and I will reconsider my position slightly.

1) fair enough.

2) it was on the band's shirts for a while. it's what kurt cobain called pearl jam becos jeremy and alive were favorites of the beer swilling frat set at keg parties. plenty of bands have trite, superficial lyrics. does a song HAVE to be about your broken heart or love to be any good or something? it's one thing to say a band isn't your cup of tea, it's another to say they're shit becos you don't like the subject matter of the songs.

3) i've never said this about any band. i guess im just not a deep human being.
    LMAO. how young are you conor? the term cock rock has been around waaaaay longer than pearl jam.

25. the only time i ever heard that term was kurt using it to describe pearl jam. and i prefer jet's mid tempo stuff... ill take radio song and move on over are you gonna be my girl any day.
    Wolfmother>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jet

wolfmother is potentially the most annoying band to hit big since nickelbag. unless your hobbies include dragon-slaying and magic: the gathering.
    thank you.. honestly I have no idea what someone with taste could possibly see in Jet. Some of you have gotten me confused with this (even worse than the whole radiohead debacle soulsinging ;) )

hehe, ill be sure to bite my tongue here ;)
    wolfmother is potentially the most annoying band to hit big since nickelbag. unless your hobbies include dragon-slaying and magic: the gathering.

My hobbies don't include either of those. I also don't find Wolfmother annoying in the least bit. Then again I don't listen to the radio, where I figure Woman has been played 20 million times atleast. THAT is annoying, granted. However, they're a band with talent, hooks, and a nice sound, however derivative some of you choose to label them. You're the fucking derivatives.
    cc10106 wrote:
    My hobbies don't include either of those. I also don't find Wolfmother annoying in the least bit. Then again I don't listen to the radio, where I figure Woman has been played 20 million times atleast. THAT is annoying, granted. However, they're a band with talent, hooks, and a nice sound, however derivative some of you choose to label them. You're the fucking derivatives.

hahahaha. are you in junior high? im the derivatives? i was just joking anyway man, i dont know any wolfmother music... just couldn't resist the opportunity for a bad joke. i've heard woman and i saw a bit of their set at lolla. they seemed alright. nothing mind-blowing, but decent enough. i don't think their style is really my thing though.
  • hahahaha. are you in junior high? im the derivatives? i was just joking anyway man, i dont know any wolfmother music... just couldn't resist the opportunity for a bad joke. i've heard woman and i saw a bit of their set at lolla. they seemed alright. nothing mind-blowing, but decent enough. i don't think their style is really my thing though.
    I got it, just chalk it up to him having a bad day :p

I like that they don't sound trendy. Black Sabbath meets Zeppelin.. very retro. I like em enough.

"Make our day"
    I got it, just chalk it up to him having a bad day :p

I like that they don't sound trendy. Black Sabbath meets Zeppelin.. very retro. I like em enough.

isn't being "retro" why you are so disdainful of jet? ;)
  • isn't being "retro" why you are so disdainful of jet? ;)
    nope, I hate Jet because their music is terrible. The retro sound is fine.

"Make our day"
    hahahaha. are you in junior high? im the derivatives? i was just joking anyway man, i dont know any wolfmother music... just couldn't resist the opportunity for a bad joke. i've heard woman and i saw a bit of their set at lolla. they seemed alright. nothing mind-blowing, but decent enough. i don't think their style is really my thing though.

Joke noted, and I laughed accordingly. The 'derivatives' part was aimed squarely at f*cktards who make comments such as, 'I liked them better when they were call Led Zeppelin', not you. Nope, they ain't for everybody. I actually couldn't stand them during the first few weeks of non-stop spinning of their cd by my roommates. Nothing mind-blowing, just a nice rock-kick in the ass.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    25. the only time i ever heard that term was kurt using it to describe pearl jam. and i prefer jet's mid tempo stuff... ill take radio song and move on over are you gonna be my girl any day.

yeah but to my ears radio song is a rip off of the vines. its the first and only thing i think of upon hearing it.

how about timothy? what do you think of that one?

and has anyone heard sgt major? holy hell, tell me that doesn't sound like a certain mancunian band.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    yeah but to my ears radio song is a rip off of the vines. its the first and only thing i think of upon hearing it.

how about timothy? what do you think of that one?

and has anyone heard sgt major? holy hell, tell me that doesn't sound like a certain mancunian band.

ive never listened to the vines so that's not a problem for me. i dont mind timothy, though i prefer the two i mentioned. who/what is sgt major and what mancunian band?
    cc10106 wrote:
    Joke noted, and I laughed accordingly. The 'derivatives' part was aimed squarely at f*cktards who make comments such as, 'I liked them better when they were call Led Zeppelin', not you. Nope, they ain't for everybody. I actually couldn't stand them during the first few weeks of non-stop spinning of their cd by my roommates. Nothing mind-blowing, just a nice rock-kick in the ass.

cool, no hard feelings then. it got me thinking though that maybe i ought to give their album a spin. im into the whole fun rocking thing now. all my cd's lately have been in that vein... arctic monkeys, jet, kooks. the only "deep" music i've bought has been tragically hip and pete yorn.
    cool, no hard feelings then. it got me thinking though that maybe i ought to give their album a spin. im into the whole fun rocking thing now. all my cd's lately have been in that vein... arctic monkeys, jet, kooks. the only "deep" music i've bought has been tragically hip and pete yorn.

I'm all for shits and giggles man, so it's all good, no hard feelings at all. Tho I'm trying to remember if you were the one I had a brief spat with about U2 in a Radiohead thread before. I was probably still a bit annoyed from my experience with some of the fans at the show with PJ in Honolulu. This is different obviously, but it's funny how on a PJ forum U2 freaks get ripped a new one, then on other sites it's like PJ's are the most hated out there.

I picked up the new Arctic Monkeys last weekend for 10 bucks and listened to it twice tonite. Good shit. Not quite at the level of the first, but 'Nightmare' isn't too long like 'Whatever'. As far as the bands you mentioned before, some other good rocking ones I highly recommend are Kings of Leon, You Am I (Australian too like Jet and Wolfmother), and Black Keys. Tragically Hip is one band that I continually, for whatever reason, forget to check out. Pete Yorn, well, I dig all of it.
    ive never listened to the vines so that's not a problem for me. i dont mind timothy, though i prefer the two i mentioned. who/what is sgt major and what mancunian band?

well before JET was deemed worthy it was the vines on the pedestal. i love the vines. so it is a problem for me. :D
    sgt major is the extra song you get on some versions of get born
    oasis.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    this thread should have ended on page 1... Jet are amateurs trying to play the rock n roll game... Oasis did it before them and far far better... also Jet smell like Albania and have tiny cocks
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    this thread should have ended on page 1... Jet are amateurs trying to play the rock n roll game... Oasis did it before them and far far better... also Jet smell like Albania and have tiny cocks

and you know this how dunk? :D:D:p or are you just making that assumption cause you hav......oh never mind. ;):p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    and you know this how dunk? :D:D:p or are you just making that assumption cause you hav......oh never mind. ;):p

ehhhhhh... i was at an orgy once and one of the girls was an ex-groupie... she told me :rolleyes:

:D
    dunkman wrote:
    ehhhhhh... i was at an orgy once and one of the girls was an ex-groupie... she told me :rolleyes:

:D

just the once? ;):D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • MLB5150MLB5150 Posts: 70
    fanch75 wrote:
    The subject should say "Jet ARE a better band than Pearl Jam.".

I love jokes! :)
    "Who did you say you were, replacing might for miracles?" - ajc
    cc10106 wrote:
    I'm all for shits and giggles man, so it's all good, no hard feelings at all. Tho I'm trying to remember if you were the one I had a brief spat with about U2 in a Radiohead thread before. I was probably still a bit annoyed from my experience with some of the fans at the show with PJ in Honolulu. This is different obviously, but it's funny how on a PJ forum U2 freaks get ripped a new one, then on other sites it's like PJ's are the most hated out there.

I picked up the new Arctic Monkeys last weekend for 10 bucks and listened to it twice tonite. Good shit. Not quite at the level of the first, but 'Nightmare' isn't too long like 'Whatever'. As far as the bands you mentioned before, some other good rocking ones I highly recommend are Kings of Leon, You Am I (Australian too like Jet and Wolfmother), and Black Keys. Tragically Hip is one band that I continually, for whatever reason, forget to check out. Pete Yorn, well, I dig all of it.

it's possible... i think i have the title of resident radiohead hater... which is odd cos i don't really hate them :) and i do defend u2 often. i think they get a bad rap becos bono's such an attention whore. but i certainly prefer what he does for attention to what 99% of other celebrities do.

and yeah, ive been pleasantly surprised with the arctic monkeys. i might have to pick up their first one too i dig kings of leon and the black keys... going to see both of them at lolla i hope! the hip are good, their best of is a pretty good sampler of their career. it's not necessary to get all 11 of their albums.
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    fanch75 wrote:
    Edit: The subject should say "Jet ARE a better band than Pearl Jam." My apologies to all grammatically offended. By the way, have yourself a Zima with a Jolly Rancher and shut the fuck up.

Anyway, Jet rock out, don't think they are the saviors of rock, and frankly don't give a fuck if you think that they're derivative of their influences, because what band isn't?

JET rule. A band of drunks a la Oasis who simply don't care what anyone (my guess this includes message board people) thinks and just do what they do.

An Oasis/Jet/Buckcherry bill would just slay. They could call it the "You're All A Bunch Of Bloody Fookin' Wankas!" tour. ANd I'd definitely go.

Discuss.

WOW!!!
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,841
    Best thread ever.
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.