JET is a better band than Pearl Jam.

Comments

• jeremyjeremy Posts: 409
    who are JET??
    ''walk the bridges before you burn them down...''
    and always remember ''it's no crime to escape!!!"
  • Jet kicked major ass at oxegen this year, got me into them even more, so much iv considered thinkin about buying their new album
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Bump.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    these days (thanks bon jovi) i've been thinking PJ > jet, but hey, i may have it up side down
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    fanch75 wrote:
    Bump.

fuck YESSS!!! what's the status on the bloody fuckin wanker tour?

did you ever pick up any "and you will know us by the trail of dead" cd's? ive got 3 of their albums and i dig them more every day.
    fuck YESSS!!! what's the status on the bloody fuckin wanker tour?

did you ever pick up any "and you will know us by the trail of dead" cd's? ive got 3 of their albums and i dig them more every day.

Not yet; where do you recommend that I start?
  • DavanitaDavanita Posts: 854
    glasshouse wrote:
    these days (thanks bon jovi) i've been thinking PJ > jet, but hey, i may have it up side down

see, i never got that whole <><>>>><< thing.

does > mean better or worse?

someone explain.
    Jon Stewart: "[about Russia's new president]...Dmitri Medevvvevv.... Dmitri Meh..... Dmitri M.! Or... as George W. Bush would probably pronounce it... Eddie Vedder."

someone explain.

Heh. It means "greater then."
    :)
    Soldier Field 1995
    Chicago 2003
    Alpine Valley 2003
    Chicago May 16 & 17 2006
    MilwaukeeFest, 2006 June 30
    Lollapalooza 2007
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    blasphemy!:D
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Davanita wrote:
    see, i never got that whole <><>>>><< thing.

someone explain.
    The ">" always points to the item of lesser value, therefore:

Jet < Pearl Jam = Jet is lesser than Pearl Jam

Jet > Pearl Jam = Jet is greater than Pearl Jam

Hope that helps.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    fanch75 wrote:
    Not yet; where do you recommend that I start?

im a big fan of their latest... 'so divided.' the consensus seems to be that their beat is 'source codes and tags.' that's a good album, but i prefer the other one becos it's got more of the epic, beatle-esque sound jet is great at. though source codes is one seriously rocking and angry album.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Jet were better when they were called AC/DC.
  • ok
    so exactly what shall we discuss?

u r not posing anything to be discussd.
    fanch75 wrote:
    Edit: The subject should say "Jet ARE a better band than Pearl Jam." My apologies to all grammatically offended. By the way, have yourself a Zima with a Jolly Rancher and shut the fuck up.

Anyway, Jet rock out, don't think they are the saviors of rock, and frankly don't give a fuck if you think that they're derivative of their influences, because what band isn't?

JET rule. A band of drunks a la Oasis who simply don't care what anyone (my guess this includes message board people) thinks and just do what they do.

An Oasis/Jet/Buckcherry bill would just slay. They could call it the "You're All A Bunch Of Bloody Fookin' Wankas!" tour. ANd I'd definitely go.

Discuss.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    im a big fan of their latest... 'so divided.' the consensus seems to be that their beat is 'source codes and tags.' that's a good album, but i prefer the other one becos it's got more of the epic, beatle-esque sound jet is great at. though source codes is one seriously rocking and angry album.

well of course JET sounded beatlesque on get born dave sardy produced it. and he produced oasis. and as we all know they just wish they were the beatles. and have you heard sgt major? oasis via the beatles. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    fanch75 wrote:
    Ya'll a boonch of bloody fookin' wankas

this thread has existed since April and I just found it now? i should come around here more often, like i used to.

um...

anyway...

pearl jam is way better.

but that's ok, dude. i still have natty light waiting in my fridge for you.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=natty+light
    Definition: Natty Light is something that gets ya the same buzz as those pricey drinks like Miller Lite and Bud Light. Ya hear that you preppy fuckers?
  • fanch75 wrote:
    Edit: The subject should say "Jet ARE a better band than Pearl Jam." My apologies to all grammatically offended. By the way, have yourself a Zima with a Jolly Rancher and shut the fuck up.

Anyway, Jet rock out, don't think they are the saviors of rock, and frankly don't give a fuck if you think that they're derivative of their influences, because what band isn't?

JET rule. A band of drunks a la Oasis who simply don't care what anyone (my guess this includes message board people) thinks and just do what they do.

An Oasis/Jet/Buckcherry bill would just slay. They could call it the "You're All A Bunch Of Bloody Fookin' Wankas!" tour. ANd I'd definitely go.

Discuss.
    obiviously this is a fraudulent thread. . .no need to discuss
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    who the fuck is Jet? I never even heard of those fucking wankers(Chicago style for you)
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    who the fuck is Jet? I never even heard of those fucking wankers(Chicago style for you)

JET are an australian band who were the next big thing a couple of years ago. you know before wolfmother. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    JET are an australian band who were the next big thing a couple of years ago. you know before wolfmother. :)
    BRILLIANT!
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Natty light is for college kids with no money or for people who don't know the first thing about beer and beer drinking.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Natty light is for college kids with no money or for people who don't know the first thing about beer and beer drinking.
    I couldn't drink anything with light in the name. It's not that I care about my image, just my taste buds. Miller and Coors lite are pissweak.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • There are a lot of bands better than Pearl Jam..... Jet is not one of them.
  • surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    Hey Fanch, I know it's not Friday but I'm breaking the Crue out anyways. Nothing says happy thanksgiving like a glass of Jack and some Crue. May even follow it up with that band that is JET.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • There are a lot of bands better than Pearl Jam..... Jet is not one of them.
    no there aren't. . .and yes they arent

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

• I disagree totally with everything posted here

and anything anyone said about that band being all that is wrong.

Can I have a Jolly Rancher w/o the Zima on the rocks?
    the Minions
  • no there aren't. . .and yes they arent
    I guess that depends on your definition of many.

And Patchogue sucks. Good job at closing down the movie theater.

hahahahhahahahahahahaha
  • I guess that depends on your definition of many.

And Patchogue sucks. Good job at closing down the movie theater.
    pj is top notch in my book. . .which theater, the one on sunrise hwy?

• Yeah thats right the Australian Oasis are better than Pearl Jam

Whatever!
  • Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    I thought Jet was just an elaborate joke used to raise awareness about Australia's alcohol problems.
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06