JET is a better band than Pearl Jam.

fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
edited August 2008 in Other Music
Edit: The subject should say "Jet ARE a better band than Pearl Jam." My apologies to all grammatically offended. By the way, have yourself a Zima with a Jolly Rancher and shut the fuck up.

Anyway, Jet rock out, don't think they are the saviors of rock, and frankly don't give a fuck if you think that they're derivative of their influences, because what band isn't?

JET rule. A band of drunks a la Oasis who simply don't care what anyone (my guess this includes message board people) thinks and just do what they do.

An Oasis/Jet/Buckcherry bill would just slay. They could call it the "You're All A Bunch Of Bloody Fookin' Wankas!" tour. ANd I'd definitely go.

Discuss.
Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    hahahahahahahaha..................:D:D:D
  • well allrighty then...let's call the tour - the crackerjack summer fest
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    fanch75 wrote:
    Edit: The subject should say "Jet ARE a better band than Pearl Jam." My apologies to all grammatically offended. By the way, have yourself a Zima with a Jolly Rancher and shut the fuck up.

Anyway, Jet rock out, don't think they are the saviors of rock, and frankly don't give a fuck if you think that they're derivative of their influences, because what band isn't?

JET rule. A band of drunks a la Oasis who simply don't care what anyone (my guess this includes message board people) thinks and just do what they do.

An Oasis/Jet/Buckcherry bill would just slay. They could call it the "You're All A Bunch Of Bloody Fookin' Wankas!" tour. ANd I'd definitely go.

Discuss.

id trip my own mother to get to the front row of that show!
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    fanch75 wrote:
    They rock out, don't think they are the saviors of rock, and frankly don't give a fuck if you think that they're derivative of their influences, because what band isn't?

Discuss.

hmmm comparing a band that has been around for 16 years to a band that well...hasn't. a band that hasn't had the chance to get comfortable in their own skin. a band that has only put out 2 full length albums.
    dont get me wrong i do love JET. have since i first heard them. but to call them the saviours of rock is just a tad preposterous.
    for the past 5 years ive watched JET's evolution from australian pub band to international rockstars. i've seen them in small venues and huge festivals. ive had my ears blown out by them and been disappointed as they were blown off the stage by wolfmother.
    in 39 days i get to see them again in a small venue. with me will be my JET loving nearly 8 year old. this is a child who thought that are you gonna be my girl? was written for her. and that was when she was 3. i wish such good things for this band, probably cause they're australian and so am i. but in the end it doesn't matter what other people think. all that matters is that i get pleasure from their music.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Jet is better. Pearl Jam blows.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,855
    Jet isn't better than Pearl Jam. they don't have enough songs to even be considered
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    Jet is one of those bands that makes me want to throw up. They have absolutely nothing to contribute to music, and should simply go away. It is mindless cock-rock.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • jet wants to be somebody they just don't know who.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Jet is easily one of the best bands of the new millenium..........that beind said, the new millenium pretty much sucks for rock music and Pearl Jam is a much better and more successful band.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Wrong.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    some people just done get it....
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • sasojsasoj Posts: 239
    this is a stupid thread
    i love rock chicks
  • i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    sasoj wrote:
    this is a stupid thread
    Definately.
  • pj10alive42pj10alive42 Posts: 381
    fanch75 wrote:

Discuss.

Fist of all...one of the best intros to a thread I've ever seen...Second...the persons from cincy...so he has to be cool!!! Third, Jet Rocks...Fourth...pissing people off is fun : )
    I'm trying to drink away the part of the day I cannot sleep away...
  • jeremyjeremy Posts: 409
    who are JET????
    HAAHAHAHHAAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA....
    TOTAL PEARL JAM!!!!

I know that you don't mean it..you just started this thread to piss people off..
    nice try but not me..
    ''walk the bridges before you burn them down...''
    and always remember ''it's no crime to escape!!!"
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    JET are the worst band of all time i dont care who their influences are or were. Worst band officially.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    oh, i thought he was taking the piss
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • congratulations on creating the world's most stupid thread :)
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    This explains a lot...
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    fanch75 wrote:

Discuss.

Uhh... Pearl jam has better songs.
    boroff89 wrote:
    Jet is one of those bands that makes me want to throw up. They have absolutely nothing to contribute to music, and should simply go away. It is mindless cock-rock.

you say that like it's a bad thing.
    Zoso wrote:
    JET are the worst band of all time i dont care who their influences are or were. Worst band officially.

this is an even more ridiculous statement than the one he made.
  • Hasn't Jet's latest (2nd) cd fallen off the face of the earth? After it's release and seeing the new video a couple of times I haven't heard anything buzz about them. Either there record label aint' standing behind them or they are the new Spacehog
    Hasn't Jet's latest (2nd) cd fallen off the face of the earth? After it's release and seeing the new video a couple of times I haven't heard anything buzz about them. Either there record label aint' standing behind them or they are the new Spacehog

ahahaha... man, spacehog's first cd was awesome.
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    I am a fan of mindless cock rock, including both Oasis and Buckcherry. Both those bands are completely derivative and I don't care. Somehow, JET still pisses me off. This makes no sense, and if anything it speaks to how subjective musical taste can be.

I do agree with His Fanchiness that there is room in the world for big dumb fun music.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
    DocChicago wrote:
    I am a fan of mindless cock rock, including both Oasis and Buckcherry. Both those bands are completely derivative and I don't care. Somehow, JET still pisses me off. This makes no sense, and if anything it speaks to how subjective musical taste can be.

I do agree with His Fanchiness that there is room in the world for big dumb fun music.

it might be the commercials. i think ive heard at least 2-3 of their songs on various commercials and that does kinda annoy me.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    jet, yea im not a fan of them.
    comparing jet to pj doesnt make any sence to me.
    lets just start with both bands names.
    jet, what kinda name is that for a band?
    pearl jam, a pritty good name for a frickin band man.
    then lets talk about albums and stuff.
    jet, i own zero jet albums, dont even know a jet albums title
    nor do i want to.
    i hear jet on a seattle bad ass radio station that kicks ass.
    what i hear of jet on their doesnt do much for me at all.
    pearl jam, lots of albums, studio/live/lotsa maxi cd singles, dvd's.
    but to each their own and good luck to jet in the future.
    they are rock and that kicks ass.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    So let's see, by implication would fanch be saying Get Born is better than Yield?
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Matt LukinMatt Lukin Posts: 647
    duggro wrote:
    oh, i thought he was taking the piss
    Speaking of which...

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/record_review/38853-shine-on
    The car's on fire and there's no driver at the wheel
    And the sewers are all muddied with a thousand lonely suicides
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,855
    fanch75 wrote:

I think Jet is totally lame. another poppy band that won't be around in two or three more years.

and you were right the first time when you typed "Jet is a better band than PJ" as your thread title. it's not "Jet are a better band" Jet is singular even though there are more than one person in the band. it the band was called the "The Jets" then you'd use "are."

but none of that matters, you think Jet is better than Pearl Jam and that is just silly.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com