• mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    cutback wrote:
    hahahahahahahaha..................:D:D:D

thats all that needs to be said^
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,359
    fanch75 wrote:
    Edit: The subject should say "Jet ARE a better band than Pearl Jam." My apologies to all grammatically offended. By the way, have yourself a Zima with a Jolly Rancher and shut the fuck up.

Anyway, Jet rock out, don't think they are the saviors of rock, and frankly don't give a fuck if you think that they're derivative of their influences, because what band isn't?

JET rule. A band of drunks a la Oasis who simply don't care what anyone (my guess this includes message board people) thinks and just do what they do.

An Oasis/Jet/Buckcherry bill would just slay. They could call it the "You're All A Bunch Of Bloody Fookin' Wankas!" tour. ANd I'd definitely go.

Discuss.

Ths is proof of just how bad Natty Light is for you. Taste bad and gives you bad taste. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Ths is proof of just how bad Natty Light is for you. Taste bad and gives you bad taste. ;)

What are your thoughts on Huggins going to WVU? Folks back there are excited, although a bit nervous about his rep.

Not that the WVU football program churns out altruistic philanderers.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,592
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    this thread definatley gets joke of the week award.

JET amount to the shits eddie vedder takes on a regular basis.

not saying JET are a bad band, but to compare them to absolute musical geniouses is INSANITY.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
    i don't get why people are so pissed off by fanch's assertion. it's just his opinion. i don't think they're a better band than PJ, but i do agree with fanch and soulsinging that mindless cock rock is awesome and definitely has a place in music. and i would love to see this "wankers" tour... it would be absolutely amazing! as long as they serve natty....

This dude gets it.

Cheers, mate
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    personally i think jet are the greatest thing to ever arise from rock and roll.
    ok,i know it is pushing it, but i think they are even better than bon jovi.

keep it real my brothers
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    this thread definatley gets joke of the week award.

JET amount to the shits eddie vedder takes on a regular basis.

not saying JET are a bad band, but to compare them to absolute musical geniouses is INSANITY.

you'd be hard pressed to convince me pearl jam are musical geniuses.
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    Jet suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Jet suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and there you have it people. the definitive reason behind disliking any band. :D:D:p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    you'd be hard pressed to convince me pearl jam are musical geniuses.

Dude I just ordered Buckcherry's latest, "15." Apparently the album was recorded in 15 days, hence the name of the record.

I'll update here. I'm going to email Oasis, JET, & Buckcherry about this "Bloody Wankas! Tour" idea that I have.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,359
    fanch75 wrote:
    What are your thoughts on Huggins going to WVU? Folks back there are excited, although a bit nervous about his rep.

Not that the WVU football program churns out altruistic philanderers.

Good for him. He'll do very well there.

Mindless rock can be fun, but I think your triple bill is too much of it all at once.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Jet bored me to death at Hyde Park Calling. But then I was brought back to life by Chris Cornell. :D
  • PaulJamPaulJam Posts: 163
    fanch75 wrote:
    Edit: The subject should say "Jet ARE a better band than Pearl Jam." My apologies to all grammatically offended. By the way, have yourself a Zima with a Jolly Rancher and shut the fuck up.

Anyway, Jet rock out, don't think they are the saviors of rock, and frankly don't give a fuck if you think that they're derivative of their influences, because what band isn't?

JET rule. A band of drunks a la Oasis who simply don't care what anyone (my guess this includes message board people) thinks and just do what they do.

An Oasis/Jet/Buckcherry bill would just slay. They could call it the "You're All A Bunch Of Bloody Fookin' Wankas!" tour. ANd I'd definitely go.

Discuss.

Jet are disgustingly bad. God, they are AWFUL. I don't know who's worse out of them or The Darkness. I guess Jet, because The Darkness only made one album that anybody had to hear. But Jet have got ANOTHER one!! F*cK ME, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE WORLD?!! BRITNEY SPEARS I can understand. 12 yr old girls en all that. But Jet? They've got a new album and people actually want to hear it?! I heard a song off it, I think it was a single, a ballad or something...and was just frowning the whole way through, completely stunned as to how this could make radio when anyone I know who's in a band can make better music in their sleep. ABSOLUTELY NO REDEEMING QUALITIES AS MUSIC.

Case Closed.
  • PaulJamPaulJam Posts: 163
    by the way, Definitely Maybe is one of the greatest albums of all time. Comparing that to Jet is laughable.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    fanch75 wrote:
    Dude I just ordered Buckcherry's latest, "15." Apparently the album was recorded in 15 days, hence the name of the record.

I'll update here. I'm going to email Oasis, JET, & Buckcherry about this "Bloody Wankas! Tour" idea that I have.

damn, you're just now getting that? that cd kicks fucking ass! no slight to the aussie boys dude, but buckcherry is untouched when it comes to rocking your face off these days. im pretty sure i got a cocaine buzz just from hearing the cd. and crazy bitch is a sweet fucking song.

if you need backup getting that tour off the ground, my legal services are at your disposal. we're going to need it too, cos after the show i know id be jailed for pounding the shit of these pansy indie bitches around here knocking jet becos they've spent their career making music that rocks instead of masturbating their pretensions onto disc for these wankers to swallow and say it's "genius."
    PaulJam wrote:
    BRITNEY SPEARS I can understand.

I bet there are some Spice Girls reunion tix that are just screaming PaulJam's name!
    I'm listening to the first Poison album.

Earlier, the latest Buckcherry. That shit is killer!

And Velvet Revolver's "Libertad"........yeah!

None of them are JET though.
  • eclecticeclectic Posts: 244
    PaulJam wrote:
    by the way, Definitely Maybe is one of the greatest albums of all time. Comparing that to Jet is laughable.

No it isn't.
    'All the rusted signs,we ignore throughout our lives,
    Choosing the shiny ones instead'

Reading 06 - Torino 06 - Wembley 07
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    eclectic wrote:
    No it isn't.

second that. definately maybe is a piece of steaming Brit dog poo
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    glasshouse wrote:
    second that. definately maybe is a piece of steaming Brit dog poo
    glasshouse never misses a chance to slag on Oasis. keep the streak going, man.

as for the first Poison album, the cover still disturbs me after all these years.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
    I listened to GET BORN today and i was again amazed at how incredible this record is.

I bet AT&T wouldn't censor JET's political rants. But then again, JET probably think that Bush 41 is still the president.

Fookin' A.
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,334
    fanch75 wrote:

Discuss.
    I'm not even going to waste my time reading through all the pages in this thread. I assume you are fucking kidding!!! If you didn't care what other's thought, you wouldn't have started it. This must be a joke..... cheers
  • PearlerPearler Posts: 191
    'Bring it on Back' is indeed Beatlesque
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Is it those original deep lyrics or the those unique riffs that convinced you to make such a statement.MMMMMMMMMM YYYEEEAAAHHHHHHH.....BABY!!!

Thats pretty much the most foolish statement I've seen on these boards and I seen some utterly ridiculous post on here.

EDIT: Their not the worst band in the world but they must come close to the most unattractive band ever. Jeeez they're a pack of ugly fuckers.
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • PearlerPearler Posts: 191
    Austicman wrote:
    Is it those original deep lyrics or the those unique riffs that convinced you to make such a statement.MMMMMMMMMM YYYEEEAAAHHHHHHH.....BABY!!!

Thats pretty much the most foolish statement I've seen on these boards and I seen some utterly ridiculous post on here.

EDIT: Their not the worst band in the world but they must come close to the most unattractive band ever. Jeeez they're a pack of ugly fuckers.

Seems like I need to dumb down my sense of humour for some.

Ahh I see, ........ Sydney.

Whats with their looks ? You wanna fuck a small group of blokes ?

Dontcha reckon Nic Cester sounds like John Lennon ?
    Austicman wrote:

music is aural not visual. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Pearler wrote:

Dontcha reckon Nic Cester sounds like John Lennon ?

nope. not really.

and if i never heard timothy again, it'd be too soon.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • I saw Jet at Hyde Park Calling. They were really boring.
    Ya'll a boonch of bloody fookin' wankas