Oasis-Don't Believe the Truth official thread

Comments

• this album is sweet! i can hear the beatle influence.
    "I forgot the F***ing song."
    - Eddie Vedder, San Francisco 7-16-06, after botching Sometimes, the night's opener

http://people.ucsc.edu/~mquery/pics/pujolsFTW.JPG
  • oh and lyrics have dylan in there too it seems...like Mucky Fingers seems like a cross between Lady Madonna and Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues
    - Eddie Vedder, San Francisco 7-16-06, after botching Sometimes, the night's opener

• AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    oh and lyrics have dylan in there too it seems...like Mucky Fingers seems like a cross between Lady Madonna and Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues
    yeh gotta agree..Mucky Fingers has that Dylan influence
    good song,it's me least fav track on the album though
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • glasshouse wrote:
    4. add a pussy for a frontman who thinks he's bigger than Jesus..........

it's to die for.

Hmm...I can't think of another well known (and by well known i mean one of the most influencial figures in our time) frontman who's made a comment similar to this. Can you?

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,167
    would that be lennon you speak of???

anyway i just wanted to give the song "the importance of being idle" a little love....noel's falsetto vocals on this one are incredible.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i just got it today. i played it once in the car/shower, then twice while making out with my girl before seeing star wars ;) we both agree it's an excellent cd, and it only gets better with repeated listens.

and i love giants and heathen chemistry. this one tops them both i think.
    would that be lennon you speak of???

anyway i just wanted to give the song "the importance of being idle" a little love....noel's falsetto vocals on this one are incredible.
    i think it should have been the next single instead of Let There Be Love
    very very good tune..love the lyrics too
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
    PJammin' wrote:
    did those live songs come with the dualdisc as well?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=307&item=4735290139&rd=1
    im guessing as long as you buy it from Best Buy it comes with the 5 track ep

YNWA
  • there was an interview with liam that was printed in one of the daily papers here today. man that guy is such a dick but so funny lol. he reckons he's the best rock and roll star he's country has ever produced! lol but that is a sideshow his brother is one of the best songwriters of our generation so that stuff doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    AxlUlrich wrote:

thanks. too late. i bought the dueldisc at Target for $11.98. i guess i can do without the 5 track ep.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
    you know what? you guys weren't talking out of your ass. i'm digging this cd only on the second listen. wow.

...and i haven't bought an Oasis cd in a looooong time.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
    PJammin' wrote:
    you know what? you guys weren't talking out of your ass. i'm digging this cd only on the second listen. wow.

...and i haven't bought an Oasis cd in a looooong time.
    most people think Oasis fans are just being biased etc..but this album is really really that good!

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    most people think Oasis fans are just being biased etc..but this album is really really that good!

most oasis fans agree anyway that the last 2 albums have been lacking something. don't get me wrong, both have some awesome songs (gas panic, force of nature, hindu times, go let let it out, etc), but every song wasn't awesome like say every song on definitely maybe or WTSMG were. so i definitely agree with you that it's not us fans being biased about the new album.

anyway i listened to the songs on itunes, and i'm impressed just by the 30 second clips, it feels like the old oasis is back and noel sings a lot, who could ask for more?
    'sometimes i have everything, yet i wish i felt something'
    AxlUlrich wrote:

i can't dispute that, i'm glad that i bought this album. i'm still getting familiar with the songs, but i really like the overall sound of this album.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    AxlUlrich wrote:

man, any chance someone could burn that thing for me? if id known about it id have bought the album at best buy...
    man, any chance someone could burn that thing for me? if id known about it id have bought the album at best buy...
    yeh i wished i had the EP too..can never get bored of Columbia!

YNWA
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    it's a grower. i wasn't too impressed with it at first but now, after hearing the properly mastered version, i'm getting along better with it.

love "part of the queue".
  • I'll burn and mail the 5 songs LIVE cd to the first 5 people that ask me for it!
    But PM me that way i dont have to be checking here!
  • PJ_GAPJ_GA Posts: 121
    I can't wait for the tour! 20 rows back in Atlanta...yeah baby...
    ITS MY BLOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!!!!
    exhausted wrote:
    it's a grower. i wasn't too impressed with it at first but now, after hearing the properly mastered version, i'm getting along better with it.

love "part of the queue".
    oh yes..Part Of The Queue was the only track i immediately loved!
    the rest had to grow on me after 2 listens

YNWA
  • I know i said this (new one) is the best oasis since morning glory?, but i just heard standing on the shoulder of giants again and i think that i am the biggest fan of that album, i was gonna put some songs on my itunes but i ended putting all of them except little james, which was the first song Liam wrote by himself.
    I love the whole thing pretty much, from fXXXin' in the bushes to Roll it over, man i love roll it over and the smooth solo there.

Totally agree.

I've always enjoyed Standing On The Shoulders as well and never understood the poor reviews it got. Gas Panic, FITB and Go Let It Out in particular are massivley underrated.

I often think the media heap praise on one album and then slate the next one. They do love a good Oasis backlash. Then, when they realise they have missed all the shenanigans and good copy that only Oasis can provide, they change tack and hype up the next return, realising they have missed them.

I always remember the NME review of Morning Glory back in 95. The NME was desperate to start an Oasis backlash and was doing them down for weeks. The rating the album got was actually 8 out of 10 but read like a 5. For a time, some portions of the music press seemed scared of giving them a bad review!

Gave the new album another couple of listens last night and it has gravitated to 3.5 stars now.

The flaws are it's far too short and Mucky Fingers and Importance of Being Idle annoy me.

Once again though, Keep The Dream Alive is a special song (it is now my favourite) and Let There Be Love is a cool closer.
    Decipher the illusion, know the facts but retain the magic.
  • Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    ok i've listen more patiently and:
    -turn up the sun is a great opener, cool lyrics, good tempo and nice guitarwork
    -mucky fingers has not yet grown on me yet
    -lyla the logical pick for the 1st single
    -love like a bomb, this is the oasis sound that got me hooked in the ist place, controlled easy listening poppy tune.
    -the importance of being idle... fucking brilliant
    -meaning of soul, see mucky fingers.
    -..thinks im abel, noel showing of and doing a good job.
    -part of the queue, very rhythmic tune, reminds me of other songs, has a timeless quality
    -keep the dream alive, solid n uplifting oasis tune
    -a bell will ring, nice uptempo sound, cool lyrics
    -let there be love... yes let there be love!

btw i found a version of this album like a little book with a dvd in it, pretty nice, i like 'special' packaging
    your light's reflected now
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    I finally picked this up yesterday. I do think it's better than the last two albums. I think that Mucky Fingers and The Importance of Being Idle need to grow on me; I don't understand why Noel insisted on singing them. Liam's tunes, on the other hand, are great. In fact, the whole second half of the album is amazing. My favorite so far is Keep the Dream Alive.

The haters have been pointing out the similarities between Lyla and Street Fighting Man, but I haven't heard anyone remark on the similarity between the verse in Part of the Queue and Bananarama's Cruel Summer. Am I crazy?
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
    DocChicago wrote:
    I finally picked this up yesterday. I do think it's better than the last two albums. I think that Mucky Fingers and The Importance of Being Idle need to grow on me; I don't understand why Noel insisted on singing them. Liam's tunes, on the other hand, are great. In fact, the whole second half of the album is amazing. My favorite so far is Keep the Dream Alive.

The haters have been pointing out the similarities between Lyla and Street Fighting Man, but I haven't heard anyone remark on the similarity between the verse in Part of the Queue and Bananarama's Cruel Summer. Am I crazy?
    lol..Part of the Queue actually reminded me of RHCP's Breaking The Girl

YNWA
  • 7 Kettles7 Kettles Posts: 86
    it's a great album. i'm proud of the boys this time around.

i especially like the last track (let there be love) and part of the queue.
    they say god makes problems just to see what you can stand ~ elliott smith
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    lol..Part of the Queue actually reminded me of RHCP's Breaking The Girl

Now that you mention it, I can see that too. I have to go listen to that one again now.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,450
    I love this cd. The song "muckyfingers" has been on repeat for a week now.

As much as they get bashed i can always find a song on any album and listen to it for weeks at a time.

And i really liked Heathen Chemistry
    America...the greatest Country in the world.
    DocChicago wrote:
    Now that you mention it, I can see that too. I have to go listen to that one again now.
    yep especially the drums!
    thats one thing that really drew me to this song...cos Breaking the Girl was the song that made me a RHCP fan back then

YNWA
    looks like the album is expected to sell 60k in its first week in the US..not too bad..
    The Importance of Being Idle has been confirmed as the next single by Liam himself..followed by Let There Be Love which should be out by christmas

YNWA
  • Adam84Adam84 Posts: 9
    edited December 2013
    A
    Post edited by Adam84 on
    Adam