chris cornell appreciation thread

1234568»

Comments

• Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    Haha, didnt see them coming, but I stood my ground when they started tossing people.

I saw the girl with the orange binaural tour shirt, and the avacado. Didnt see your black VFC shirt, tho.

Ah well, I should have coordinated meeting up with people before this show.

Speaking of shirts, they only had men's and women's smalls at the booth! WTF?

small hats too..!!! My knockers don't fit into anything less than an XL, so that was a major bummer!

Yeah I wish we would've done a bar-meetup thingee before hand.. definitely going to coordinate RATM tailgate for everyone heading up to Alpine Valley for it.
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    DOSW wrote:
    Nah, I seriously doubt that he's an asshole. Assholes probably wouldn't put up with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3fLdfSr7gA

I can watch that a thousand times. :D

We need more interviews with that guy.:D

It's just loud all over the place.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Do the Soundgarden songs sound the same? Do the Audioslave songs sound the same?

I know I know yet another stupid question.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    I think it was a dumb move by Cornell or his people or whoever, and it's slightly stupid how a lot of obsessive fans are desperately trying to justify it. But it's even more stupid to write him off completely, especially with all these accusations of selling out. Everyone is so quick to jump on this 'sellout' bandwagon these days.

Anyway, by the looks of it, it looks like you're better off away from the Street Team. The fact that Carry On debuted at number 17 on the charts suggests they've sort of failed in their purpose. And from what I've seen, all it amounts to his sticking a few banners on your myspace page, spamming a few websites and sending in hateful emails to critics who - god forbid - don't like Chris Cornell.
  • Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    Heh, I remember when the Cornell fans and other users here used to get along. One would think "hey, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Temple Of The Dog, these people are mostly the same fans, they should get along, eh?". Not anymore.
  • Setlist anyone?????
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    Danimal wrote:
    Do the Soundgarden songs sound the same? Do the Audioslave songs sound the same?

no and no, but still alot of fun.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Duder5k wrote:
    Heh, I remember when the Cornell fans and other users here used to get along. One would think "hey, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Temple Of The Dog, these people are mostly the same fans, they should get along, eh?". Not anymore.

yeah, I wondered about that too...

but I have a theory that, MAYBE after Cornell stated in a few interviews (around the time the rumors about Audioslave's disbanding were scurrying about) that he visited fan websites (and named the Message Pit specifically) to read what people were honestly saying - "when they didn't have any reason to NOT tell the truth"; well anyway my theory is that people started writing overly negative impressions of him (many personal attacks that are strange and unfounded) because they think he may actually read them. It's being able to say whatever you feel like about a person - knowing they listen but you get to keep your anonymity. pretty chicken shit, if you ask me - and honestly I sincerely doubt that he read more than a few posts. Despite what most of the interviews implied.

I wonder if it's the same phenomena that has an undercurrent of people being OVERLY protective of Eddie Vedder...like he might read the posts and write down your usernames. hahahaaa...

at any rate - I miss being able to discuss Cornell, Soundgarden, TotD and audioslave on OTHER music without having to defend him to people who have never even listened to him or havent seen him live in years...or who get really upset that there is a thread about him...DUH. it's called other music...
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    I am so pumped for this show, have been listening to all his stuff since i woke up today and im gettin more excited as the day goes on.

Wonder if he will be signing any autographs before the show?
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • bryn_cmbsbryn_cmbs Posts: 407
    do we need another Cornell thread? geez.
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    bryn_cmbs wrote:

if u dont want to see another cornell thread...dont click on it or post in it :)
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Two words: designer jeans.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    bryn_cmbs wrote:

what a fucking moron.. whats your problem? are they making you bankrupt? giving you disease? what the hell is wrong with you.. doesn't take much effort just to look at the next thread below and pay no attention to the cornell threads... or dont even bother visiting other music..

thanks for that... bah.. bit of a sad read
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    You're going to have a great time! Enjoy yourself :D
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    lowlight10 wrote:
    no and no, but still alot of fun.

Just a little different, huh?

Well that's ok. I got to see both bands.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• dude - you are going to LOVE the show.

all about the sound.

the voice.

outshined!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    DeLukin wrote:
    Two words: designer jeans.

:D
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    This board seriously needs a 1:1 ratio of Cornell to Debbie Gibson threads. Then maybe will get it.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680

I wonder if it's the same phenomena that has an undercurrent of people being OVERLY protective of Eddie Vedder...like he might read the posts and write down your usernames. hahahaaa...
    I know Ed once said to Stone, "that Poncier seems like a decent guy I must say".
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • bryn_cmbsbryn_cmbs Posts: 407
    I BrisK I wrote:
    what a fucking moron.. whats your problem? are they making you bankrupt? giving you disease? what the hell is wrong with you.. doesn't take much effort just to look at the next thread below and pay no attention to the cornell threads... or dont even bother visiting other music..

thanks for that... bah.. bit of a sad read

Thanks for the compliment. Seriously, it seems every time Cornell blows his nose are takes a crap someone post another thread declaring him the Messiah. All these Cornell threads make me sick. I used to halfway like the guy, however all the Cornell fan boys have soured me on his music. And for the record, he has lost his voice, and with his recent antics (canceling a show to play at a designer jeans party, playing for Wal-Mart) his integrity.
  • lazygun_99lazygun_99 Posts: 73
    Ed told me that Chris is going to shave his head on stage tonite
  • Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    I hope that's not true about the blowing off 2 gigs to play for a designer jeans show. I think his live shows are great for this tour, but that's real fucked up. I disagreed with people when Audioslave broke up, that he "sold out" or had "a big ego that got in the way". But I can't disagree that this was a royal way to screw the fans, most of which I'm sure would never spend over $200 on jeans...

But I can't help but think it's the record company behind this, and not his personal choice to ditch shows. As for Walmart...all I can say is WTF? :o
  • bookmusebookmuse Posts: 277
    Duder5k wrote:
    But I can't help but think it's the record company behind this, and not his personal choice to ditch shows. As for Walmart...all I can say is WTF? :o

I would think so too - has this been a habit for him in the past?

BTW Happy 43rd Birthday Chris :)
    "Speak your mind even if your voice shakes" ~ M Kuhn