chris cornell appreciation thread

Comments

• Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    Anyone have a full setlist?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    I was just wondering, has anyone in Pearl Jam EVER postponed 2 shows on a tour to play a designer jeans party?
  • lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    pjtaper wrote:
    Chris Cornell is an ASSHOLE, I'm glad Pearl Jam is my favorite band!

get over it man. yeah, it sucks, but its a business and shit happens. ticket sales have been shitty in milwaukee and chicago, so I'm happy they havent canceled these shows because of it. Milw was offering free admission with 2 drink-minimum and TM is selling half price tickets for tonight, so it must be bad.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
    lowlight10 wrote:
    get over it man. yeah, it sucks, but its a business and shit happens. ticket sales have been shitty in milwaukee and chicago, so I'm happy they havent canceled these shows because of it. Milw was offering free admission with 2 drink-minimum and TM is selling half price tickets for tonight, so it must be bad.

90% of the Rave/Eagles shows have 2 drink minimum tickets... If he would have cancelled due to low ticket sales, that would be at least a valid reason... A fucking DESIGNER JEANS show? How much of a diva does he need to be? Last solo tour Chris came to Milwaukee, I had front row seats, then he changed the venue because of low ticket sales, all GA... I understood, didn't care, but this is not a valid reason!
  • lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    I'm not saying its a valid reason, and I agree that it sucks. Isnt he part owner in some fashion company? I want to say that I read that a while back. even so, its not cool to cancel a show for paying fans for a BS reason like this.

my point was more to get over it. everyone understands that it sucks, but posting that he is an asshole in every Cornell-related thread is annoying.

moving on...
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    no one is going? looooosers :p
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    Great show. High energy. Place was cool, but kind of a dump. It was raining outside, and the roof was leaking in several places. it actually was raining on stage. I thought they would have to stop the show, but luckily it stopped.

Wish he would have played Seasons.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    Great show. High energy. Place was cool, but kind of a dump. It was raining outside, and the roof was leaking in several places. it actually was raining on stage. I thought they would have to stop the show, but luckily it stopped.

Wish he would have played Seasons.

Let's see there was bats flying around during last nite's show. And tonight's show the roof was leaking. Whoever picked the venues is doing a great job. hehe Glad it was a great show. :)
  • awwww some of those venues are sick! they are crunchy and give a great vibe.

i am dying to find out how chi was!!!

aaaargh shoulda tried to go!

who needs a job :p
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
    awwww some of those venues are sick! they are crunchy and give a great vibe.

i am dying to find out how chi was!!!

aaaargh shoulda tried to go!

who needs a job :p

You mean you didn't go the show last saturday? The show in which he blew off Salt lake city and Denver for. I heard Chris was signing pairs of jeans. hehehe
  • You mean you didn't go the show last saturday? The show in which he blew off Salt lake city and Denver for. I heard Chris was signing pairs of jeans. hehehe

hahahahaaa
    if he did blow them off for jeans...he better have fuckin screamed an outshined while doing it. SING FOR ME MONKEY!!!

nah i didnt go to SLC or Denver...the LA show was a bit meh..with the bad crowd. SF was FWUA!!!! tho.

looking forward to OC and SD
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
    Holy Crap! What a show!!

First let me give props to all the PJ shirts I saw in the crowd... avocado tour shirt, surfboard logo shirt, an orange evolution shirt, the army green phoenix fist shirt, and quite a few more... way to represent! :D

What songs too.... Outshined, Say Hello to Heaven, Be Yourself, Rusty Cage, Cochise, Like a Stone (acoustic), What You Are. Sunshower, Billy Jean, Jesus Christ Pose, Like a Stone.... can't remember what order or what songs I'm missing.

We waited out in the pouring rain and got to hang w/the boys!!

Lots of pics & videos soon if I can stay awake

girls, think "crease". yum :D

*edit*

Pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/foxymopx/ChrisCornellCongressTheatre

YouTube is doing maintenance so I'll upload video & more details in the AM
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Holy Crap! What a show!!

First let me give props to all the PJ shirts I saw in the crowd... avocado tour shirt, surfboard logo shirt, an orange evolution shirt, the army green phoenix fist shirt, and quite a few more... way to represent! :D

What songs too.... Outshined, Say Hello to Heaven, Be Yourself, Rusty Cage, Cochise, Like a Stone (acoustic), What You Are. Sunshower, Billy Jean, Jesus Christ Pose, Like a Stone.... can't remember what order or what songs I'm missing.

We waited out in the pouring rain and got to hang w/the boys!!

Lots of pics & videos soon if I can stay awake

girls, think "crease". yum :D

Hey,
    any stone pick t-shirts available yet foxy??
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    :eek: :eek: sweaty and sans top! :eek:
    I have some pretty cool videos of the full songs Say Hello to Heaven and Sunshower but they're huge (135MB each). If someone could give me some advice on converting them to a smaller file size, I'd be happy to post those too :D
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
    Hey,

ah hello??
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Gotta a stupid question....

Is the music still heavy? I know not the acoustic stuff but the other songs.

Going to see him on Tuesday here in Boston.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

Danimal wrote:

Your gonna have a great time on Tuesday. :D

Show up early and maybe Chris will sign your jeans. hehe
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    Anyone here still looking, they just dropped 4th row seats, section 2 row D.
    Hurry up and get 'em and you might have to sit next to me.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Hey,

We hope to have them up this weekend :)
    Danimal wrote:

Heavy enough that there was a mosh pit going for a few songs :D
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • If you miss this, I have a single ticket for this show in Section 1, Row U. PM me iwth your offer.
    coming up

MSG 1
    Ringo the next night in Boston
    Hartford
    Boston 1 & 2

hell's yeah...
    Foxy Mop wrote:

Will you keep one for me??

The reply only took you 7hours!!

Did you go to bed in the meantime??

I've just done a days work!!
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
    Foxy Mop wrote:

Will you keep one for me??

The reply only took you 7hours!!

Did you go to bed in the meantime??

I've just done a days work!!

yes! i needed sleep after cornell last night :) Ahh the sweet dreams
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
    Chris Cornell can go FUCK HIMSELF!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    He seems to be getting better with every show! Can't wait until he gets back to London in September...
    I just wanted to let you non-chris cornell fans like myself know, the reason there are so many cornell related threads on this PEARL JAM board is because there is a street team of Chris Cornell fans that are encouraged to post threads about him everywhere, make posters for the show, etc.
    Well, since I have voiced my anger with Chris bailing on the Denver shows for the designer jeans company, I am now kicked off the street team...
    SCREW CHRIS CORNELL AND ALL HIS PEOPLE! DO NOT SUPPORT HIM PLEASE!!! If you see any Chris Cornell threads ANYWHERE other than other music, get them removed/deleted, lets not supoort a guy who is out there to only make money and doesn't care who he fucks over in the process!
    Here's the link to download the full higher quality version of Say Hello to Heaven via Megaupload (since I haven't figured out how to compress it :D )

Say Hello to Heaven
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=04PKS7NA

Sunshower
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0PUJM6P8
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    Ironic that you posted a new thread about this.
    This weekend we rock Portland