chris cornell appreciation thread

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680

then it was banana splits theme...
    Tra la la, tra la la la
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Solat13 wrote:
    but does make me 140 % cooler than Poncier.
    Thats a statistical impossibilty according to him
  • tra la la - lalalalaa! fleegle, bingo, drooper and snork!

cookin' up a mess of fu-un!

dammit.

they're baaaack.
    :eek:
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
    tra la la - lalalalaa! fleegle, bingo, drooper and snork!

cookin' up a mess of fu-un!

dammit.

they're baaaack.
    :eek:
    lots of fun for everyone
  • nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    Poncier wrote:
    nope. whenever i see something like that from you, i figure this is coming.
    nfanel wrote:
    nope. whenever i see something like that from you, i figure this is coming.
    or this
  • nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    Poncier wrote:
    he is one sexy man.
  • Poncier wrote:

mmmmm blue eyes big papa! spankin like ya mean it!

hahahaaaa...goddamn, where have ya'll been my whole life??
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • yup all the shows I have seen - he looks like he is having fun - i mean he was REALLY working the crowd in LA...the only thing he DIDNT do is "spill it all over the stage"

give a break, dude...he isn't a sell out. He never claimed high performance ideals...he just likes to sing his music...and I like to hear it so, I got that going for me.
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    What is a street team??
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    well then there is that!

i mean it sucks because of people that planned trips for it and all, but it wasn't like he went out there did one song and then told you all to fuck off. you dont get monies back for that kind of groin kick.

the replacement show is kinda heavy nutsack of him - i am sure he will have to really work hard to get the crowd behind him...

Kind of like the White Stripes in St Johns? They played a secret show to a hundred or so people and the entire setlist consisted of one Pearl Jam cover. They covered "One Note".
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
    ...the only thing he DIDNT do is "spill it all over the stage"
    Or wear a sailor suit
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    Foxy, I saw all of those pj shirts, too. Where were you standing? Were you right up front?

I also inadvertently experienced the mosh pit!

I was about 10-15 people back, right in the center. I was wearing a black VFC tour shirt and there was a surfboard shirt guy 2 people to my left and the avocado guy was two people in front of him. On two separate occasions these really big guys barged up to the front to go mosh... they tossed people aside in their wake.. you probably saw them?
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Them-BonesThem-Bones Posts: 518
    This thread reminded me to buy Carry On, for a second time

muhaha
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    What is a street team??

Its a ploy by artists/records labels to get cheap labor out of their fans!

Smaller artists are usually appreciative of their street teams, but, for the most part, kids spend hours hyping the band/artist, and in exchange, they usually get a free ticket to a concert.
  • Poncier wrote:

you, sir are a god among mere mortals.

kudos. kudos to you. :D
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Its a ploy by artists/records labels to get cheap labor out of their fans!

Smaller artists are usually appreciative of their street teams, but, for the most part, kids spend hours hyping the band/artist, and in exchange, they usually get a free ticket to a concert.

What a shame. I didn't know this. I really hope most of you are wrong about him. :)
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    What a shame. I didn't know this. I really hope most of you are wrong about him. :)

I am sure an artist of his level has little to no involvement with his street team operations.
  • What a shame. I didn't know this. I really hope most of you are wrong about him. :)

he is not an asshole...its just an overbooking thing and a repackaging thing for him...very unfortunate that his manager did that, but when he is on stage he is giving the audience everything he's got.

I have never heard anything but really nice and funny things about him - his managing system is really horrible from what i hear.

I have a few friends that met him and they said he was really funny (very droll) and a very polite and nice man.
  • he is not an asshole...its just an overbooking thing and a repackaging thing for him...very unfortunate that his manager did that, but when he is on stage he is giving the audience everything he's got.

I have never heard anything but really nice and funny things about him - his managing system is really horrible from what i hear.

I have a few friends that met him and they said he was really funny (very droll) and a very polite and nice man.

He's very softly spoken. I have never heard him say anything that has made me think he is an asshole. Quite the opposite actually.

Anyway, I am tempted to start a thread asking if anyone has been to his restaurant - but I won't. How can anyone not respect him? A musician AND a restaurant owner/chef! How cool is that!
  • isnt the restaurant called black pearl or something??

or is that the johnny depp movie?

you should start a thread - I have never gone there, but if i go back to Europe, I may try it...
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Black Calvados.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Nah, I seriously doubt that he's an asshole. Assholes probably wouldn't put up with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3fLdfSr7gA

I can watch that a thousand times. :D
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    DOSW wrote:
    Nah, I seriously doubt that he's an asshole. Assholes probably wouldn't put up with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3fLdfSr7gA

I can watch that a thousand times. :D
    Oh. My. Stars.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • dharma69 wrote:
    Black Calvados.

oh yeah... thanks.

yeah don't think he is an asshole -and for the record i am not a member of his street team...also I rarely even visit his website...i get my cornell news from this website ;)
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    On two separate occasions these really big guys barged up to the front to go mosh... they tossed people aside in their wake.. you probably saw them?

Haha, didnt see them coming, but I stood my ground when they started tossing people.

I saw the girl with the orange binaural tour shirt, and the avacado. Didnt see your black VFC shirt, tho.

Ah well, I should have coordinated meeting up with people before this show.

Speaking of shirts, they only had men's and women's smalls at the booth! WTF?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    pjtaper wrote:
    wow patrick, you came all the way to see Chris Cornell in Denver from Milwaukee and all you got was that stupid picture!

I HATE CHRIS CORNELL!
    Anyone want to make an anti-street team? I'm too lazy!

Hey we still had a good time. Say hi to Jack for me. :D
  • bookmusebookmuse Posts: 277
    yup all the shows I have seen - he looks like he is having fun - i mean he was REALLY working the crowd in LA...the only thing he DIDNT do is "spill it all over the stage"

give a break, dude...he isn't a sell out. He never claimed high performance ideals...he just likes to sing his music...and I like to hear it so, I got that going for me.

I agree give him a break. He isn't a sell out, this is career and it would be a sad day if he decided to just stop doing it. His shows have been fantastic and he is having fun. I can empathize for people who lost money if they had to travel to the postponed shows but shit happens - conflicts do arise in all areas of life.

To the original poster
    I am sure Chris himself did not kick you off of the street team - my guess is he would have respected and understood your emotions - the anger and disappointment. People work for him but he doesn't run the street team. I am sure it wasn't an easy decision to postpone these shows. Blame the bureaucratic politics that comes with business.

Maybe Denver and Utah will get extra long specila shows to make up for it. I know it sucks what happened but hopefuly, you'll go and enjoy. What's that expression "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face". Moments may never happen again.
    "Speak your mind even if your voice shakes" ~ M Kuhn
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    He is.. very charming, non-assuming, easy and yes, very polite man! Lovely guy :D Saw him twice in the past couple of months and he rocks! Can't wait until September when he's back in London.