chris cornell appreciation thread

Comments

• augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    Wow that's just crazy to get booted from being a street team member...I've never heard of that ever happening with any band before. You have every right to be pissed off. I haven't looked at Chris's financial statements to determine if he really needed the cash but what happened was still extremely uncool and not fan friendly(in the least!). I don't think any band/musician that has a street team needs to be that uncool to his fans. He needs to make things right for you all and especially kicking you off the team isn't the way to do it.
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Poncier wrote:
    Ironic that you posted a new thread about this.
    Indeed.

So you're a reformed Street Teamer? You've seen the light? The error of your ways? Found religion?

Thanks for sharing.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020

wow patrick, you came all the way to see Chris Cornell in Denver from Milwaukee and all you got was that stupid picture!

I HATE CHRIS CORNELL!
    Anyone want to make an anti-street team? I'm too lazy!
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Well, there are at least two threads about Chris Cornell on here because of you.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,191
    i'm listening to 'down on the upside' right now, great album.
    yosi wrote:
    Well, there are at least two threads about Chris Cornell on here because of you.
    and I'll keep the Cornell hatred coming!
    i'm listening to 'down on the upside' right now, great album.
    Feeling "My Wave" myself.

FaceSpace
  • god bless you woman.

the pictures are...um.

:o

thank you...and his jeans look nice. :D

crowd energy has so much to do with his performance. I saw him in Kentucky and it was crazy! and when I saw him in Dallas it was not so much. First time in LA (avalon) it was a great show...mind numbing but the last time at the Wiltern the crowd was flat and it was an OKAY show...he had to work WAY too hard.

so far his SF show was the best...

I'm gonna upload when i get home THANKS!!!!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    dharma69 wrote:
    Feeling "My Wave" myself.
    You should start a thread about it. :D
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • OUTSHINED.

:D

dude, it sicks and i can feel your anger - but, you know things happen...and the "street team" was alot like the Audioslave street team...posting stuff about that band. the thing about the cornell threads is that you can just choose not to visit them. I am not a member of the street team (because it didnt have a secret handshake and kickass decoder ring) but i like the posts. they are informative and serve their purpose.

I hate the smashing pumpkins and so, rather that starting a thread bashing them i just dont go to those threads that have any SP title.

by the way - did you get your money back for the tickets or was the show rescheduled?
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    So whats the deal about Chris cancelling shows for some jeans company? I haven't been following, all the Cornell threads on here made me sick of hearing about him so I avoided them all.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    pjtaper wrote:
    I just wanted to let you non-chris cornell fans like myself know, the reason there are so many cornell related threads on this PEARL JAM board is because there is a street team of Chris Cornell fans that are encouraged to post threads about him everywhere,
    So you've started how many threads then?

by the way - did you get your money back for the tickets or was the show rescheduled?
    The show is postponed, but you have the option of getting a refund if you want. If not your tickets will be honored at the replacement show.
    pjtaper wrote:
    and I'll keep the Cornell hatred coming!
    Do it on the Cornell board...
  • They'll rip to you to shreds if you so much as diss his facial hair. Seriously, I love the guy but even I can see that he's made mistakes and I know that I'd be pissed as hell if he cancelled a gig I was going to just to get some new jeans.
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Is "Street Team" a new brand of designer jeans?
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Your gonna have a great time on Tuesday. :D

Thanks Pat.

I can't wait to see Jesus Christ Pose!

Show up early and maybe Chris will sign your jeans. hehe

Wow! A lot of people don't like jeans here, huh? I always wear them!
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

he cancelled a gig I was going to just to get some new jeans.
    Nah... he got his jeans the week before at Wal-Mart :D
    Poncier wrote:
    You should start a thread about it. :D
    Oh, the temptation ;).

FaceSpace
    what a voice, huh?
    Oh, no you didn't.

FaceSpace
    :D.. Hahahaha!!! You're so taking the piss!!! :D:D

BTW.. love his voice.. on top forme!
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    I refuse to appreciate all the great music of his that I love because he's a jerk.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
    exactly!
    I will NO longer listen to him anymore...
    No playing: Black Crowes covering "Oh Sister", "Willin" up next...
    although, C-Rob is an ass too! I went to see him at a solo show at the rave in milwaukee, they put him in the bar(smallest venue of 3) and he saw the size and said he wouldn't play there...
    what a voice, huh?
    Yeah, what a voice, and what an asshole...
    I put Chris Cornell in the "Axl Rose" category!
    "all night thing"...play it now.

do it, do it.
    not a fan of all night thing... I don't want to hear A word out of that jerk's mouth for a long time!
  • um.

so, if these people refuse to listen to him because they think he is a jerk...does that mean I wont have to scrabble so fucking hard next time he is in my town? SWEEEEET. if he doesn't show, then I guess I will listen to him on my ipod and wait for my tix to become valid. ;)

Outshined! Outshined! OUTSHIIIIIIIIIINED!!!!

totally worth it. that voice is god's voice - listen to the nuance...buttery soft, hard as steel, flippin over and catching you in the base of your neck...goddamn. just goddamn.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    The man is a legend, he doesn't care much for people in the mountain time zone, but then again who does?
    EDT, CDT and PDT represent baby!
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • CornishManCornishMan Posts: 447
    pjtaper wrote:
    Yeah, what a voice, and what an asshole...
    I put Chris Cornell in the "Axl Rose" category!

Why do you think he's an asshole? Just curious :)
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022, Manchester 2024.