Options

U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,027
    SxDx1982 wrote:
    Bruce and the E-Street Band are playing in Helsinki in July!!!!!!! I've been a fan since I was 18, and I've seen them four times, once in my hometown and three times in Helsinki. OMG. I didn't think they'd come here this time, because it looked like the last two gigs of this tour were going to be in Sweden and I can't afford to travel. (I wasn't sure I'd ever see them again either!!!) But I can go to Helsinki, I just need to get the tickets now! I'm so happy, my hands are shaking so bad I can barely type! :-P :-D

Yeah, this was the best news of the week. There were really strong rumours (basically confirmed) about it since mid-december, so I knew it was coming. I wonder why they waited so long to announce it. There might be a chance for a second show if the first one gets sold out.

I already had tickets to see Bruce in Paris on July 4-5, but sold those when PJ announced their tour. Afterwards started thinking if I made the right choice or not (seeing PJ also in Stockholm and Copenhagen a couple of days later). As it turns out, now I'm seeing Pearl Jam twice on those same days and Bruce is coming back to Finland.

btw, nice to see the same "my hometown" represented here ;)
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Sounds like there is a date at SXSW.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... m-20120118
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Newch91 wrote:

:D:D:D
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    SxDx1982SxDx1982 Posts: 124
    mrk2 wrote:
    Yeah, this was the best news of the week. There were really strong rumours (basically confirmed) about it since mid-december, so I knew it was coming. I wonder why they waited so long to announce it. There might be a chance for a second show if the first one gets sold out.

I already had tickets to see Bruce in Paris on July 4-5, but sold those when PJ announced their tour. Afterwards started thinking if I made the right choice or not (seeing PJ also in Stockholm and Copenhagen a couple of days later). As it turns out, now I'm seeing Pearl Jam twice on those same days and Bruce is coming back to Finland.

Haha, awesome! I don't know many PJ or Bruce fans from here, most of my friends are metalheads. And you know, when you hear that Iron Maiden is too "mainstream", you kinda stop trying to convert these guys to PJ... :roll:

Yeah, I heard those rumours too, but when they announced more shows and still nothing about Finland, I was sure that the Finnish promoters had managed to fuck it up somehow. :lol:
    I'm not sure if I want a 2nd show though, I'm broke as it is!
    I'm still out here waiting
    Watching reruns of my life
  • Options
    MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    SxDx1982 wrote:
    mrk2 wrote:

Haha, awesome! I don't know many PJ or Bruce fans from here, most of my friends are metalheads. And you know, when you hear that Iron Maiden is too "mainstream", you kinda stop trying to convert these guys to PJ... :roll:

Yeah, I heard those rumours too, but when they announced more shows and still nothing about Finland, I was sure that the Finnish promoters had managed to fuck it up somehow. :lol:
    I'm not sure if I want a 2nd show though, I'm broke as it is!

I know Bruce has played Finland a couple of times before. I'm surprised he's big over there!
  • Options
    Any extras floating around for the July 4 show in Paris? I'm looking for 2.
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the inbetween is mine. I am mine.
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,249
    Any extras floating around for the July 4 show in Paris? I'm looking for 2.

Keep a look out on the forums, Backstreets BTX, Stone Pony London, Greasy Lake etc. All have ticket threads, also facebook, and remember that nearly every show they drop tickets 2-3 days before. Paris will be popular, as I think it's the only arena shows on the European tour.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    New single, "We Take Care of Our Own", coming out tomorrow!! :D

http://www.amazon.com/We-Take-Care-Our- ... f_gw_p_t_1
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    RFTCRFTC Posts: 723
    Newch91 wrote:
    New single, "We Take Care of Our Own", coming out tomorrow!! :D

http://www.amazon.com/We-Take-Care-Our- ... f_gw_p_t_1

i dig it, like the ending chants, heard matt chamberlein did some drumming on the album...
    San Diego Sports Arena - Oct 25, 2000
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - May 1, 2010
    Alpine Valley Music Theater - Sep 3-4 2011
    Made In America, Philly - Sep 2, 2012
    EV, Houston - Nov 12-13, 2012
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
    Fenway Night 1, August 2016
    Wrigley, Night 1 August 2018
    Fort Worth, Night 1 September 2023
    Fort Worth, Night 2 September 2023
    Austin, Night 1 September 2023
    Austin, Night 2 September 2023
  • Options
    RFTCRFTC Posts: 723
    Better Dan wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

saturday 3/17, out of towners should get on hotel reservations pronto, hilton chain was pretty much sold out 3 weeks back. tickets are going to be a bitch to get, how many seats does the erwin center hold?
    San Diego Sports Arena - Oct 25, 2000
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - May 1, 2010
    Alpine Valley Music Theater - Sep 3-4 2011
    Made In America, Philly - Sep 2, 2012
    EV, Houston - Nov 12-13, 2012
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
    Fenway Night 1, August 2016
    Wrigley, Night 1 August 2018
    Fort Worth, Night 1 September 2023
    Fort Worth, Night 2 September 2023
    Austin, Night 1 September 2023
    Austin, Night 2 September 2023
  • Options
    RFTC wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

saturday 3/17, out of towners should get on hotel reservations pronto, hilton chain was pretty much sold out 3 weeks back. tickets are going to be a bitch to get, how many seats does the erwin center hold?

Just checked their web sites and they have recent concert sell outs listed. The highest one is around 16,000 and it says the largest crowd they have had for a concert was 17,829 so I guess it just depends on the setup.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    jjheel13jjheel13 Durham, NC Posts: 222
    NEW SINGLE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHPx3RghAKw

INSTANT CLASSIC
    Bristow 10
    Boston 10
    Moline 14
    Greenville 16
    Hampton 16
    Columbia 16
  • Options
    jjheel13 wrote:

Wow, thanks! I like it! :thumbup: Off to listen some more!
  • Options
    The more I listen to it, the more I like it. Still has that classic E Street sound, but also different and fresh.
  • Options
    The more I listen to it, the more I like it. Still has that classic E Street sound, but also different and fresh.
    I was thinking the same thing. Love the song. Can't wait to hear the new album!
  • Options
    Really love these lines:

‎"Where's the eyes, the eyes with the will to see
    Where's the hearts, they run over with mercy
    Where's the love that has not forsaken me
    Where's the work that set my hands, my soul free
    Where's the spirit to reign, reign over me
    Where's the promise, from sea to shining sea"
  • Options
    Taken from the official site:

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN TO RELEASE NEW STUDIO ALBUM 'WRECKING BALL' ON MARCH 6; EUROPEAN DATES AND SXSW KEYNOTE SPEECH CONFIRMED

Bruce Springsteen's new album 'Wrecking Ball' has been set for March 6 release on Columbia Records. Marking his 17th studio album, 'Wrecking Ball' features 11 new Springsteen songs and was produced by Ron Aniello with Bruce Springsteen and executive producer Jon Landau. A special edition of 'Wrecking Ball' will also be available and include two bonus tracks and exclusive artwork and photography.

'Wrecking Ball' Song Titles:

We Take Care of Our Own
    Easy Money
    Shackled and Drawn
    Jack of All Trades
    Death to My Hometown
    This Depression
    Wrecking Ball
    You've Got It
    Rocky Ground
    Land of Hope and Dreams
    We Are Alive

Said long-time manager Jon Landau, "Bruce has dug down as deep as he can to come up with this vision of modern life. The lyrics tell a story you can't hear anywhere else and the music is his most innovative in recent years. The writing is some of the best of his career and both veteran fans and those who are new to Bruce will find much to love on 'Wrecking Ball.'"

Bruce Springsteen will make an appearance as the keynote speaker at SXSW 2012. Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will be touring extensively in the US and Europe in 2012.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Wondering if Land Of Hope And Dreams is reworked and rearranged, or is it the same old version we've been hearing all these years . I love LOHAD
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Wondering if Land Of Hope And Dreams is reworked and rearranged, or is it the same old version we've been hearing all these years . I love LOHAD

I hope it's the version we all know and love. I'm glad it's finally getting released. I remember being disappointed when it didn't make the cut for The Rising.
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:

I hope it's the version we all know and love. I'm glad it's finally getting released. I remember being disappointed when it didn't make the cut for The Rising.
    Forgot where I read it, but they said it's the only song on the album to have Clarence playing on it.
  • Options
    So, 3 songs that have already been played live in Wrecking Ball, LOHAD and American Land. I guess they can include 3 songs from the album without trying too hard if the new material does not capture the fans imagination, a la Working On A Dream.

The new single, if you can call it that in this digital age, is OK. Doesn't sound like it'd be out of place on either of the last couple of records, quite heavy on the strings again.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    There is absolutely no way that he skips over Philly or NJ area. None.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    SxDx1982SxDx1982 Posts: 124
    The new song sounds good! It usually takes me a while to get into new albums though... I didn't like most of The Rising until I saw them on tour, and now I love it! :)
    I'm still out here waiting
    Watching reruns of my life
  • Options
    Does anyone else think the song Tom Morello plays on will have a Rage Against the Machine feel to it?
  • Options
    Looks like American Land is one of the bonus tracks on the iTunes version. I really love that song after watching the Hyde Park DVD. Does anyone know if that is an original?
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,483
    peteramescarlin Peter Ames Carlin
    Bruce fans: When he says 'We take care of our own,' he's being ironic, and bitterly so. The rest of the album will make it very clear.
    9 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
    Retweeted by springsteen

https://twitter.com/#!/peteramescarlin/ ... 5436724224
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    ilockyer wrote:
    So, 3 songs that have already been played live in Wrecking Ball, LOHAD and American Land. I guess they can include 3 songs from the album without trying too hard if the new material does not capture the fans imagination, a la Working On A Dream.

The new single, if you can call it that in this digital age, is OK. Doesn't sound like it'd be out of place on either of the last couple of records, quite heavy on the strings again.

Actually I think Wrecking Ball and LOHAD has something to do with the theme of the album, maybe that's why Bruce included them in. As for American Land, it's a bonus track. Great song, but I really do hope he retires it as the show closer for his upcoming tour!
  • Options
    ilockyer wrote:

Actually I think Wrecking Ball and LOHAD has something to do with the theme of the album, maybe that's why Bruce included them in. As for American Land, it's a bonus track. Great song, but I really do hope he retires it as the show closer for his upcoming tour!

LOHAD will probably be the show closer, or main set closer I would imagine. Higher And Higher worked well at the end of the last tour, but there's a missing piece of the puzzle now :(

I wonder if there will be another saxophone player, or a horn section of some kind?
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    edited January 2012
    LOHAD

almost a month to the day after 9-11-2001,
    there was a benefit they held in red banks count basie theatre

to make a long story short,
    i was lucky enough to meet bruce annd patti that night
    along with dave from bon jovi, joan jett, and the smithereens.

this songstill gives me the shivers and has evolved quite a bit..

Land Of Hope & Dreams 10-19-01

Beacon Theatre 11-09-2011

American Land was perfect for one of the last songs played at Giants Stadium.

Fireworks and all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmJ53cYg8d4
    Post edited by Bathgate66 on
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    LOHAD

almost a month to the day after 9-11-2001,
    there was a benefit they held in red banks count basie theatre

to make a long story short,
    i was lucky enough to meet bruce annd patti that night
    along with dave from bon jovi, joan jett, and the smithereens.

this version still gives me the shivers .

Land Of Hope & Dreams 10-19-01
    Wow, that was amazing. I hope he didn't cut the song down for the album.