U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• bryn_cmbsbryn_cmbs Posts: 407
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    there are a ton of shirts
    ( in cluded The Magic Cover , a silhouetted E Street Band ( perhaps the shadows from the photo inside of magic ) then they have a litany of other shirts featuring portions of the lyrics to his some of his classics - ( ie : Rosalita, Born To Run, Thunder Road, Backstreets , )
    Lots and Lots of Magic Merch,..
    all for men,
    women , baby girl t's ,
    and kids.
    bring your credit card or lots of cash- prices are steep.! ALL Shirts definitely run small . Id say they ranger low end 35 up to higher maybe approx 60 . This is purely a guess tho-0 cant be certain of exact prices but i did remember they were steep and ran small.

also- you might opt to use http://www.fanfire.com, rather then have to hold a huge bag of stuff or crush your poster- which comes unrolled and without rubber bands . It is also rather large .
    Bruce Springsteen Fanfire

They also have Coffee Mugs, Baseball Caps, Bandannas , Laptop Bags , Pin -Buttons , Magnets , Sweatshirts ( zippered ) , mousepads, and programs.

that about sums it up .

Thanks!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    that Harley Davidson Festival gig is startiong to look very tempting,....

:eek: :eek:

( no i dont own or ride a Harley but thats okay too ,...)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN, IRAQ AND ME
    A guest column by Greg Mitchell

The Boss and I go way back. Way, way back. But now we have ended up in the same place -- on Iraq and on the page.

Bruce wrote the brief preface for my new book on Iraq and the media. He writes of living "in a time when it's never been more difficult to tell the truth from lies and lies from the truth" and denounces "the obstructions that have kept the media from fully doing their job." So all of us must "be more questioning, skeptical, and savvy than ever in assessing information that's presented to us," he writes. "And we need to teach our children to do the same."

More than 35 years ago (ouch), in January 1973, Peter Knobler and I wrote the first magazine article about Springsteen, even before his first record came out.

It was a 10,000 word opus for the legendary Crawdaddy (we were the top editors there) titled "Who is Bruce Springsteen and Why Are We Saying These Wonderful Things About Him?" He has never forgotten that, or the other cheerleading we did for him before he finally broke through. Maybe I'll go into that another time.

Bruce turns up in my book, So Wrong for So Long: How the Press, the Pundits -- and the President -- Failed on Iraq a couple of times. Here is an excerpt from one chapter, from June 2006:

Appearing on CNN today to promote his current tour and album of Pete Seeger songs, Springsteen -- who was about as apolitical as they come when I knew him back in the 1970s -- took note of the new Ann Coulter controversy in responding to a question about whether musicians should speak out on politics.

Springsteen was asked by Soledad O'Brien if getting flak about his political views, such as backing John Kerry in 2004, made him wonder if musicians should try so hard to be taken seriously on topical issues.

"They should let Ann Coulter do it instead?" he mused, with a chuckle. Then he said, "You can turn on the idiots rambling on, on cable television, every night of the week -- and they say musicians shouldn't speak up? It's insane, it's funny," he said, with that inimitable booming laugh. He called politics "an organic part of what I'm doing. . . . It's called common sense. I don't even see it as politics at this point."

As for the Iraq war, he commented, "You don't take your country into a major war on circumstantial evidence -- you lose your job for that. That's my opinion, and I don't have a problem voicing that. Some people have a problem with that, others don't."

He revealed that some former fans have even mailed records back to him. Records? What are they?

Greg Mitchell is editor of Editor & Publisher. His new book, So Wrong for So Long, is his ninth on media, history and politics. His 1973 Crawdaddy piece on Springsteen, referenced above, has been collected in Racing in the Street: The Bruce Springsteen Reader.
    platessmall.jpg
    bryn_cmbs wrote:
    For those who have been to a show this tour, what are the merchandise options (shirts specifically). Prices? Thanks.

just so that you and everyone else knows, fanfire has just added much of the things we mentioned above,...

http://brucespringsteen.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/fanfire.woa/wo/8.13.11.3.1.0.1.0
    platessmall.jpg
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Boston - Gillette Stadium, August 2nd!

I got it off Backstreets - I guess its not officially confirmed but the station WXRV announced it.

Oh man - that's Lolla weekend.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
    JaneNY wrote:

I got it off Backstreets - I guess its not officially confirmed but the station WXRV announced it.

:eek:

WOW !

decisions, decisions, ....
    platessmall.jpg
    Cinci got Lost In The Flood ? :confused:

darlington county , glory days and prove it all night ?

wow- wicked setlist for the cinci foilks !

Setlist:
    Darlington County
    Radio Nowhere
    Lonesome Day
    Gypsy Biker
    Magic
    Reason to Believe
    Candy's Room
    Prove It All Night
    She's the One
    Livin' in the Future
    The Promised Land
    Be True
    Lost in the Flood
    Devil's Arcade
    The Rising
    Last to Die
    Long Walk Home
    Badlands
    Glory Days
    Born to Run
    Dancing in the Dark
    American Land
    Kitty's Back
    platessmall.jpg
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    JaneNY wrote:

He needs to announce a stadium show a LITTLE bit closer and I'm there.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    wow, Lost in The Flood (my favorite Springsteen song) right before the big 5 pack of Devil's Arcade, The Rising, Last To Die,Long Walk Home and Badlands... talk about EPIC.
  • The Portland show on Friday will be my first Bruce show ever. What can I expect? Unfortunately I wont be in the pit, but will be up in the balcony. But still I am psyched as all hell. I would assume “great concerts” can be seen from up close, up near the stage, but one can also have a “best concert ever” experience, even from back in the balcony.

Whats a Bruce show like? Is it as mindblowing as I imagine it being? How long is his set usually? I don’t think any Bruce album is bad, and I love The Rising and Magic, but does he also play songs from Born to Run, Darkness, etc… the early albums?

What are Bruce’s audiences like? Is his fanbase the type that sing along to every word, or do they dance and have a grand old time, or maybe both?
    Bruce speeding thru the setlist suprises me.

Pearl Jam does the same thing often , brushing at double or triple pace thru the set, totally faster then what we are used to on the album(s).

oh well, double edged sword there-

Im very envious of Lost In The Flood, Prove It,. and Be True .

The Portland show on Friday will be my first Bruce show ever. What can I expect? Unfortunately I wont be in the pit, but will be up in the balcony. But still I am psyched as all hell. I would assume “great concerts” can be seen from up close, up near the stage, but one can also have a “best concert ever” experience, even from back in the balcony.

Whats a Bruce show like? Is it as mindblowing as I imagine it being? How long is his set usually? I don’t think any Bruce album is bad, and I love The Rising and Magic, but does he also play songs from Born to Run, Darkness, etc… the early albums?

What are Bruce’s audiences like? Is his fanbase the type that sing along to every word, or do they dance and have a grand old time, or maybe both?

I would almost garantee that anyone who might give you any negative feedback about a Springsteen and E Street Band show, has most likely never seen them live in concert before.
    You will be bitten by the bug, my friend.
    Dont go in expecting anything, and youll take the very most out of the show and experience.
    I must admit the crowds at Bruces shows, most recently, have become a wider ranger of ages. ( No doubt due to the success of Magic touching the lives of more younger and younger people along with the seasoned mature adults. ) You will even see families with parents and children there.
    There is really no way to predict the length of the shows so far,m but pretty much they all average about the same amopunt of times / songs in the set .
    Much of this tour revolves around Magic, but youll most likely hear some from The Rising ( too much for my liking personally but hey thats me ) , Born To Run , Darkness, Greetings, pretty much all albums from Bruce and ESB .
    Ofg course the same 8-10 soings are played nightly, but there are nightly deviations and intangibles, all depending on Bruces mood(s) .

People will no doubt be singing and clapping and dancing all along, all night thru.
    If you're anywhere near someone like myself, you will most likely be standing all night , unless you opt to sit down at any point in the show , but you will have been fully obstructed then .

Just like any other Band, ( ie: Pearl Jam ) there are drunken idiots around, people who talk, people who are just there to be there ,people who will actually have the gawl to ask you to sit down so that they can see,... its a roll of the dice.

If you just have good time, , you'll have a blast.
    WARNING ! ! !

You may appear to be floating for an undetermined ammount of time after the show- as well as not being able to slleep properly-- but dont wrorry- this is totally normal .
    To treat , get to the next , closest gig as fast as you can !

;)

enjoy the show.
    if you try to bring in a camera- be watchful of security detail.

enjoy !
    platessmall.jpg
  • ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    The Portland show on Friday will be my first Bruce show ever. What can I expect? Unfortunately I wont be in the pit, but will be up in the balcony. But still I am psyched as all hell. I would assume “great concerts” can be seen from up close, up near the stage, but one can also have a “best concert ever” experience, even from back in the balcony.

Hey I'll be at Portland too. I'm really looking forward to it since Tacoma was disappointing last time (mostly due to the horrible venue / lame crowd).
  • Its crazy the show is on Friday already, See you guys there!
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    I would almost garantee that anyone who might give you any negative feedback about a Springsteen and E Street Band show, has most likely never seen them live in concert before.

I know a lot of people who have seen Springsteen and the E-Street Band live and have not been impressed. Not massive fans but they were quite dissapointed.
  • FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    Saturday can not get here fast enough for me................
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    JaneNY wrote:

I got (2) tickets today in section 135.
    Saturday night. good stuff..........
  • Otis64Otis64 Posts: 41
    YES!!! 10 Days til I depart the Beloved Big Apple for the Bay Area for Show Number 9! 5th of this tour. Uncle scored tiks to San Jose!! Flew to Atlanta to see Bruce once, but he is probably the only man on the planet who can deliver night after night, concert after concert so amazingly that I'd fly 2500 miles to see him!!

The Gillette August 2nd date was confirmed today. I'm going to be broke with PJ coming and Bruce this summer!! So much for saving for college.

Oh can't wait.
    It's Gonna Be A Long Walk Home
    muppet wrote:
    I know a lot of people who have seen Springsteen and the E-Street Band live and have not been impressed. Not massive fans but they were quite dissapointed.

i dont believe it.
    i cannot comprehend such criticism(s).
    Some people get it
    some dont.
    platessmall.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    yeah dude, way too steep.

at Philly night 2 we got our daughter the green E Street shirt from the first image. she sports it so i guess i'm cool w/ it. also got a shot glass w/ the heart and swords on it.
    yeah dude, way too steep.

at Philly night 2 we got our daughter the green E Street shirt from the first image. she sports it so i guess i'm cool w/ it. also got a shot glass w/ the heart and swords on it.

i went a little nuts

coffee mugs ( 2 )
    lap top / delivery bag
    dagger /heart t
    magnet
    shotglass
    posster
    keychain
    platessmall.jpg
    I am so fucking pumped for Friday!

***My only concern is that they played Incident at the last show, and he probably won't play it on back to back nights. Then again, they've has three whole days of so...
  • I'm stoked for Friday as well. I hope I get in the pit~!!!
    arrive early to get a bracelet.

you guys should meet up at the show / on the line- easier to do the line thing with a partner.

anyhow- what kind of summer this is gearing up to be

lots of Bruce ESB and PJ.

Life is good.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    arrive early to get a bracelet.

you guys should meet up at the show / on the line- easier to do the line thing with a partner.

anyhow- what kind of summer this is gearing up to be

lots of Bruce ESB and PJ.

Life is good.

haha I live a long way from Portland, and my seats are in the back, probably won't get their until show show time.

I'd love to hear Incident
    Would love to Hear Kitty's Back
    I'd go insane if we got a new Tracks track, like... say... Frankie or the Promise.
    Hell, I'd be pleased a punch if he brought back Born in the USA.
    Whatever, Bruce almost never disappoints.
    Bring it on!
    Sherry Darling is a fun live song that doesn't get played EVER.
    danny made his first show appearance and played some!

thats great news

hope hes feeling better soon and free of sickness.
    platessmall.jpg
    http://www.livedaily.com/news/13920.html

Bruce Springsteen [ tickets ] has quietly added to his schedule an Aug. 2 show at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, MA. The newly announced gig currently stands as the last confirmed date for the tour, which seems likely to be expanded further.

On-sales get underway Saturday (3/29) for the tour's stop in Foxborough, MA.

[Click to search for Bruce Springsteen tickets at Ticketmaster.com.]

platessmall.jpg
    Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
    Columbus, OH 3/24/08

Schoeps MK4V’s->
    NBox->
    Edirol R-1

1. The Ties That Bind
    2. Radio Nowhere
    3. Lonesome Day
    4. Adam Raised A Cain
    5. Gypsy Biker
    6. Something In The Night
    7. Reason To Believe
    8. You'll Be Coming Down
    9, Because The Night
    10. She's The One
    11. Living In The Future
    12. The Promised Land
    13. Sherry Darlin
    14. Incident

CD2
    1. Devil's Arcade
    2 The Rising
    3 Last To Die
    4 Long Walk Home
    5 Badlands
    6 Crowd

7 Girls In Their Summer Clothes
    8 Born To Run
    9 Rosalita
    10 Glory Days
    11 American Land

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8PZAHD3O
    platessmall.jpg
    screw it
    im making signs for Giants Stadium !

MARCH 28, PORTLAND
    Friday night's show at the Rose Garden had its moments, but it took a while for them to materialize. A sluggish start gave way to a good run through the middle of the show, and to several surprises, with few of them written on the set list. Rather, they came courtesy of an abundance of signs. Taking one cue from a fan, Springsteen indicated that he would honor the request despite the sign looking "cheap." "We treat them all alike," he said. And in this instance, he played not one but two favorites off Greetings from Asbury Park in succession, each played for only the second time on the tour: "For You" followed by "Lost in the Flood."

The latter showed real E Street mettle, as Roy and Bruce had to work to get their parts synced just right. Once the band kicked in, the song really belonged to Max Weinberg, who pushed the band hard all night long.

Nils Lofgren had his moment on a superb "Prove it All Night," taking an extended solo to end the song. And Clarence didn't wait until "Jungleland" to shine (another request in the encore, courtesy of a sign that was a gorgeous likeness of an Oregon license plate). The Big Man sounded strong throughout the show, particularly on the "Night" opener; he lost his way a bit at the end of the "Jungleland" solo, but the band covered nicely.

Though parts of the show sounded rushed -- "Last to Die," in particular was a sprint -- Bruce was in good humor throughout. He joked that the pot smoke wafting up from the pit might cause a shorter show (it ended up clocking in at a respectable 2:20). Later, spotting a group of women in the pit wearing tee shirts that read "Lesbians [heart] Bruce," he changed a line in "American Land" from "the Germans and the Jews" to "lesbians and Jews." Though the show didn't sell out, the crowd was receptive and enthusiastic, and the quiet parts of the show were pin-drop quiet. That made "Magic" (returning to the set after a night off) and the last verse of "Jungleland" particularly memorable.

Next: The second of three in the Pacific Northwest, Saturday night in Seattle.
    platessmall.jpg