Options

~Sleater-Kinney~

Comments

• Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    Sleater-Kinney has their whole entire album online on their website where you can stream the new album. Check it out! :D I would if I could, but stupid computer at the library won't let me :mad:

http://www.sleater-kinney.com
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    all I can say is june 4th, SF, Warfield theater, GA tickets, can't wait to see them rock again, especially with the amazing The Woods coming out the week before.

Best female rockers going right now, and one of the best rock groups in all right now.
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    this album is AWESOME, "the fox" is a killer opener, SK have outdone themselves
    'sometimes i have everything, yet i wish i felt something'
  • Options
    shell bellshell bell Posts: 337
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    I agree w/you Michelle. I think it is a great idea just to have 2 players in Quasi, b/c it really showcases their talents.:) I still need to get their albums too. So much stuff to get!!
    I think I have a copy of one of them(too many cd's).
    when you get confused just listen to the music play........

"You damn well can't lick the system,but you can sure give it a good fondeling."-sleazy estate man(Hugh Laurie on A bit of Fry and Laurie)

"Judas Priest on a two stroke moped!"(Stephen Fry)
  • Options
    CateetoCateeto Posts: 377
    This show is coming up soon! Can't wait for it! I'm sure Sleater Kinney will kick ass! Anyone else going to the June 16th show? :D
  • Options
    all I can say is june 4th, SF, Warfield theater, GA tickets, can't wait to see them rock again, especially with the amazing The Woods coming out the week before.

Best female rockers going right now, and one of the best rock groups in all right now.

oh man, I wished I could go to that show. :( Have fun at the show Scottie. I wonder why they are doing it at the Filmore. I LOVED it when they played at the Filmore last year. I got a free poster :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    meddledeal, did you get a chance to listen to "the woods" yet? what do you think?

dude, after this album, i really don't understand how SK is not more popular.

all we need now is a new rocking breeders album ;)
  • Options
    StellyStelly Posts: 170
    I love this band. Got into them around the "All Hands on the Bad One" era. I had heard a few albums, and at first didn't like it. But I found myself wanting to hear more. I bought "All Hands..." and I fell in love. Saw them in concert on that tour, and I was blown away!! Been a die hard ever since. I think they are one of the best bands in the world right now, with PJ, Wilco, and Radiohead.

I missed them on the "One Beat" tour b/c I was on my honeymoon. I will hopefully get to see them on this tour - no Pittsburgh date yet, but I'm considering going to the Cleveland show. We'll see...
    8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
  • Options
    meddledeal, did you get a chance to listen to "the woods" yet? what do you think?

dude, after this album, i really don't understand how SK is not more popular.

all we need now is a new rocking breeders album ;)

No. sadly I can't listen to the new album. :( everytime I go on their website to stream it, the computer here at the library won't let me. I guess I have to wait until the album comes out to hear it all. *sighs*

and girl, your wish is coming true...Breeders are working on a new album, that is why the Pixies are doing a short tour, so Kim can finish the album :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    jimmyjazz14jimmyjazz14 Posts: 77
    I'm listening to the new one now. My first impression is it is a lot different than anything they've done. I do think it is great though, but I prefer One Beat just slightly at this point.
    Without Me, it's just Aweso
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    No. sadly I can't listen to the new album. :( everytime I go on their website to stream it, the computer here at the library won't let me. I guess I have to wait until the album comes out to hear it all. *sighs*

and girl, your wish is coming true...Breeders are working on a new album, that is why the Pixies are doing a short tour, so Kim can finish the album :D

if you pre-order the woods from amazon (only like $13 with the DVD), you can get a windows media stream, that's the only way i could listen to it because the one from the SK website didn't work on my laptop.

oh sweet about the breeders, I was surfing last night looking for some breeders news and couldn't find any. that is going to be so awesome!
  • Options
    I've heard loads about sleater-kinney from being into bikini kill and some other girlbands but I haven't heard alot by them. I guess they're one of those ands I've been meaning to listen to for a really long time. I've had words and guitar on my computer for ages and I really like it and I've heard one of their albums when at a friends house and they did sound good. This thread has reminded me to download some more by them. I also saw my friend's brother wearing a yellow sleater-kinney t-shirt that said "sleater-kinney is for lovers" which I thought was pretty cool in itself.
    give me the disorder I adore.
  • Options
    I've heard loads about sleater-kinney from being into bikini kill and some other girlbands but I haven't heard alot by them. I guess they're one of those ands I've been meaning to listen to for a really long time. I've had words and guitar on my computer for ages and I really like it and I've heard one of their albums when at a friends house and they did sound good. This thread has reminded me to download some more by them. I also saw my friend's brother wearing a yellow sleater-kinney t-shirt that said "sleater-kinney is for lovers" which I thought was pretty cool in itself.

ask your friend where they got that shirt...i would want to wear that. :D

Corin's former band, heavens to Betsy opened up for Bikini Kill back in the day, which is pretty rad. Then Le Tigre (Hanna's new band) i think in turn, opened up for Sleater-Kinney a few years back.

I love this band!! Too bad I will be missing them in San Francisco in 2 weeks:(
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    BUMP for all Sleater-Kinney fans out there...check out their new video for Entertain...awesome video!!

Does anyone know what other videos they have done besides "You're no rock n' roll fun" and "Get Up"?
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    ~Combat Rock~

They tell us there are only two sides to be on
    If you are on our side you're right if not you're wrong
    But are we innocent, paragons of good?
    Is our guilt erased by the pain that we've endured?
    Hey look it's time to pledge allegiance
    Oh god I love my dirty Uncle Sam
    Our country's marching to the beat now
    And we must learn to step in time
    Where is the questioning where is the protest song?
    Since when is skepticism un-American?
    Dissent's not treason but they talk like it's the same
    Those who disagree are afraid to show their face
    Let's break out our old machines now
    It sure is good to see them run again
    Oh gentlemen start your engines
    And we know where we get the oil from
    Are you feeling alright now
    Paint myself all red white blue
    Are you singing let's fight now
    Innocent people die, uh oh
    There are reasons to unite
    Is this why we unite?
    If you hate this time
    Remember we are the time!
    Show you love your country go out and spend some cash
    Red white blue hot pants doing it for Uncle Sam
    Flex our muscles show them we're stronger than the rest
    Raise your hands up baby are you sure that we're the best?
    We'll come out with our fists raised
    The good old boys are back on top again
    And if we let them lead us blindly
    The past becomes the future once again
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    StarziStarzi Posts: 10
    ugh.. i hate that band..sorry, ive been unforgiven ever since that icky version of hungerstrike on l@tg

was fn horrible with that chick
    stargazer (n)-someone who is indifferent to the busy world.
  • Options
    you should not base that on that one performance, but hey, some people are not into them, and i could understand.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    DigMeOutDigMeOut Posts: 29
    excellent band and combat rock is one of the best protest songs i've ever heard. I hate close minded fools who hate them based on corin singing with pj (which doesnt sound right, its just.....akward). They're missing out, and I'm sure the Woods is going to be on of 2005's best records.
    8-23-00, 8-24-00, 8-25-00, 11/14/02(letterman), 4-30-03, 6-6-03, 7-6-03, 7-8-03, 7-9-03, 7-12-03, 7-14-03, 9-28-04, 9-29-04. 10-1-04, 3-18-05 (northwest school), 9-2-05, 9-4-05, 9-15-05, 9-16-05, 9-30-05, 10-1-05
  • Options
    DigMeOut wrote:
    excellent band and combat rock is one of the best protest songs i've ever heard. I hate close minded fools who hate them based on corin singing with pj (which doesnt sound right, its just.....akward). They're missing out, and I'm sure the Woods is going to be on of 2005's best records.

I TOTALLY agree w/you DigMeOut...btw I LOVE your sn:)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    tremorvoidtremorvoid Posts: 528
    Starzi wrote:
    ugh.. i hate that band..sorry, ive been unforgiven ever since that icky version of hungerstrike on l@tg

was fn horrible with that chick

ya know....i liked s-k before they toured with pj....and i agree they sound horrible with pj....their voices just dont go with eddies....but they can rock the fuck out on their own!! not a band i listen to ALL the time....but i do like them! going to see them in cleveland next month! woo hooo!!!
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder
    To find an approach and a way to live
    Are we getting something out of this
    all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    melkormelkor Posts: 35
    This the only band that ever gave me the same exhilaration as PJ. Just a wonderful band.
  • Options
    StarziStarzi Posts: 10
    perhaps i should give a lil better listen then ;)
    stargazer (n)-someone who is indifferent to the busy world.
  • Options
    tremorvoid wrote:
    ya know....i liked s-k before they toured with pj....and i agree they sound horrible with pj....their voices just dont go with eddies....but they can rock the fuck out on their own!! not a band i listen to ALL the time....but i do like them! going to see them in cleveland next month! woo hooo!!!

Hey, I might be going to that show to!
    8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
  • Options
    Starzi wrote:
    perhaps i should give a lil better listen then ;)

i think you should, you're totally missing out on a great band and their new album "the woods" will blow you away.
  • Options
    tremorvoidtremorvoid Posts: 528
    Stelly wrote:
    Hey, I might be going to that show to!

sweet!!! im driving from state college PA for it...never been to that club but my friend tells me its nice and small! sounds like a good night to me! she also said that they typically sell out so get your tickets if you havent already!
    see ya there!
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder
    To find an approach and a way to live
    Are we getting something out of this
    all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    tremorvoid wrote:
    sweet!!! im driving from state college PA for it...never been to that club but my friend tells me its nice and small! sounds like a good night to me! she also said that they typically sell out so get your tickets if you havent already!
    see ya there!

I used to live in Cleveland. The place holds about 500 people. Killer juke box in with the bar - it's free, and loaded with some AWESOME music. Lots of old punk. It's a great place for a show...
    8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
  • Options
    i saw them @ MSG II (& a few other times that tour) they were awesome, i bought all their stuff , They are Playing the Roseland here in NYC next month , i cant wait : )

tomorrow , SK & Slave albums, tomorrow will be a good day : )
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • Options
    mongoloidmongoloid Posts: 11
    tremorvoid wrote:

I saw them perform Fortunate Son a year before they toured with PJ. It rocked. But you're right - I don't thing Corin sounded all that good singing with Ed. Maybe they do songs in a different key or something -

2 weeks till I'm on the floor at the Warfield digging the new stuff.
  • Options
    i saw them @ MSG II (& a few other times that tour) they were awesome, i bought all their stuff , They are Playing the Roseland here in NYC next month , i cant wait : )

tomorrow , SK & Slave albums, tomorrow will be a good day : )

i was at that show too, SK rocked the garden and that performance made me a huge fan of theirs.
  • Options
    i was at that show too, SK rocked the garden and that performance made me a huge fan of theirs.

awesome, are ya going to the Roseland show ?
    "no more crowbars to my head"