Options

~Sleater-Kinney~

Comments

• Options
    BUENABUENA Posts: 165
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    YES!! When I first heard The Woods this one really stood out to me & now I am just completey in love!! This song is AMAZING!! Ooooh man, and that breakdown?! :eek: These sounds??! All distorted and bluesy! Holy !@#$#$! I know it's a bold statement that some would want to kill me over, but totally reminding me of a live Hendrix jam. Looove it! Mmm mmm good. Looove how they ooze back into the song too. And JANET at the end?? :eek: Whooooooooa.

Damn these chicks can fuckin shred! \m/ :D

*dances away to......

ºº~WHAT'S MINE IS YOURS~ºº

Sit down, honey, let's kill some time.
    Rest you head on this heart of mine
    Tell me, honey, cause you look so blue
    Just how did they, did they get to you?
    If it's all a waste of time
    I'm gonna spent it
    Yours and mine.

Someone's in the kitchen
    Cooking hearts over the stove
    Don't lie to me, never say goodbye to me
    I don't want to be here alone
    Someone's at the front door
    Selling Band-Aids for our sores
    You can bleed it, as long as they don't see it
    We're not going to be ignored

Come on darling, let's hang around
    Let's wreck their precious, their perfect town.
    If it's all a dirty shame,
    I'm gonna do it night and day

Did you ever get the feeling
    That you don't belong
    Said the teacher in the classroom
    I think there's something wrong
    But your desks are too heavy
    And your walls are too white
    Your rules are all wrong
    And it's either run or fight
    I'm still running
    I'm still running

Sit down, honey, let's kill some time.
    Rest you head on this heart of mine
    Come on darling, let's hang around
    Let's wreck their precious, their perfect town
    If it's all a waste of time
    I'm gonna spend it
    Yours and mine

HORRAY for ~SK~ :D
    http://www.pearljam.com/images/live/atlcitynj4.jpg

Not really into the band. I know Pearl Jam and critics love them but they are kind of weak live and the records aren't that good.
    "It's the American Dream I am disbelieving... When the gas in my tank feels like money in the bank... I’m gonna blow it all this time, take me one last ride..." - Gone (vedder)
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I really was never into them, I saw them on tour w/PJ and found them annoying but i bought their latest album and it isnt bad. I have to say they more tolerable on record.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    BUENA wrote:
    Not really into the band. I know Pearl Jam and critics love them but they are kind of weak live and the records aren't that good.
    I don't think that you are thinking of the same band.......
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    could someone point me in the right direction of where to get some live Sleater-Kinney stuff? especially any of their openings sets with PJ this tour?
    thanks!!!!
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    could someone point me in the right direction of where to get some live Sleater-Kinney stuff? especially any of their openings sets with PJ this tour?
    thanks!!!!

I got most of my live Sleater-Kinney stuff through Soulseek, a download software, kind of like Limewire. the only show I have is the SXSW 2004 show...I want my hands on the San Antonio 2003 one.

And these girls can ROCK it live!! :D
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    wow i just noticed i didn't post in this thread

i just wanna say they kicked ass in halifax, i was listenin' to 'the woods' for quite awhile before the show and it's even better live, got to hear corin wail (vocals) on fortunate son live & soundcheck

fuckin awesome
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    :eek: How could I NOT have looked for S-K in the Other Music!! I usually always stuck myself in the AET or Porch forum, sometimes MT.

Glad to hear a lot of people enjoy S-K! I had already posted my story about meeting S-K in the GTF forum (The OTHER setlist thread). :)

Hubby and I bumped into Carrie in Kitchener where we talked for 15 minutes and she asked for our names to get in the Detroit show for free! We bumped into Carrie and Janet AGAIN in London! :D It was just pure luck! :D

Look for S-K interview/pictures I posted on this forum - http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=147651

:D:)

Those musicians ROCK! I enjoyed meeting them and talking with them!!!

I am still grinning over the fact that Carrie signed "thank you" in sign language! Sure made my day! :)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:
    :eek: How could I NOT have looked for S-K in the Other Music!! I usually always stuck myself in the AET or Porch forum, sometimes MT.

Glad to hear a lot of people enjoy S-K! I had already posted my story about meeting S-K in the GTF forum (The OTHER setlist thread). :)

Hubby and I bumped into Carrie in Kitchener where we talked for 15 minutes and she asked for our names to get in the Detroit show for free! We bumped into Carrie and Janet AGAIN in London! :D It was just pure luck! :D

Look for S-K interview/pictures I posted on this forum - http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=147651

I am still grinning over the fact that Carrie signed "thank you" in sign language! Sure made my day! :)
    Welcome.....we try and keep the haters out of this thread. The women rock!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:

It's okay...better late than NEVER!! ;) and WELCOME to the S~K LOVE fest!! :)

OMG, those girls are SO cool!!! I am glad that you got to meet them and talk to Janet..she can sure ROCK on those drums!! You go girl!! Could you believe she learned how to play at 22?! There is STILL hope peeps if you want to play an instrument:)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    Yea these chicks definitely rule and I really enjoyed them at the Philly show. Sadly I only own The Hot Rock. I've been meaning to pick up a few more albums but where I live their records are hard to find. I guess that's one of the disadvantages of being an indie band.
  • Options
    Saw them last thursday. Fucking awesome show.
  • Options
    VictoryGinVictoryGin Posts: 1,218
    Oh, Sleater-Kinney, I love you. Thanks for the great show on Thursday and the most amazing show last night.

This is one of the best bands out there.
    if you wanna be a friend of mine
    cross the river to the eastside
  • Options
    I recently bought the woods and LOVE it. I'm definatly going to go see em live if i can!!!!

:D:D:D:D
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
  • Options
    I was at the record store the other day and couldn't decide between buying "The Woods" or "One Beat" so I didn't buy either. Any recommendations?
  • Options
    I was at the record store the other day and couldn't decide between buying "The Woods" or "One Beat" so I didn't buy either. Any recommendations?
    Both are while worth the money.....I actually like "One Beat" a little better, but
    "The Woods" might be stronger overall. Flip a coin.
  • Options

Buy One Beat...I happened to like both, but if you want it as your first S~K album, get that one! :D Love the drum beats, and the lyrics to that album...very personal and political!:)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    <~~ kickin off the day with some ~SK~

IamMine that is SUCH a beautiful story!!! :D Makes me love & appreciate these rockin ass ladies even more.

BUMP up the love fest with another fav. :D

<3 ~HEART FACTORY~ <3

We're manufacturing hearts we've got the perfect thing
    the word on the street we've got the new love machine
    heart with and on/off switch and a remote control
    now you can program how you feel before you walk out the door

Find me out
    I'm not just made of parts
    Oh you can break right through
    this box you put me into

well you can leave 'em hot and you can leave 'em cold
    and you can give 'em what you want and you can get up and go
    and you can take your heart out and you can put it back in
    i think we found the way to put the fun back in sin

Find me out
    this box you put me into

it's not like an organ more like valentine
    it's cherry cherry red and it beats on time
    we're trying to reduce the heart on heart crime
    you bring your heart to us we'll get it purified

Find me out
    this box you put me into

what are you waiting for?
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    I was lucky enough to see Sleater-Kinney a few weeks ago, and it was an amazing show. The performances were awesome, especially Carrie Brownstein's. Between her monsters of rawk guitar tone and Towshend-like stage moves, I was blown away. Everything about her screamed 'rock star', and I mean that in a good way. She completely owned the stage.
    "Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    <~~ kickin off the day with some ~SK~

IamMine that is SUCH a beautiful story!!! :D Makes me love & appreciate these rockin ass ladies even more.

BUMP up the love fest with another fav. :D

<3 ~HEART FACTORY~ <3

We're manufacturing hearts we've got the perfect thing
    the word on the street we've got the new love machine
    heart with and on/off switch and a remote control
    now you can program how you feel before you walk out the door

Find me out
    this box you put me into

well you can leave 'em hot and you can leave 'em cold
    and you can give 'em what you want and you can get up and go
    and you can take your heart out and you can put it back in
    i think we found the way to put the fun back in sin

Find me out
    this box you put me into

it's not like an organ more like valentine
    it's cherry cherry red and it beats on time
    we're trying to reduce the heart on heart crime
    you bring your heart to us we'll get it purified

Find me out
    this box you put me into

what are you waiting for?

you know, I am, oh wait, WAS listening to that song a while ago, now it is on "The Last Song." (yes I have a S~K playlist on my iTunes :D)

I HIGHLY recommend getting ALL their albums, you DO see an evolution of Sleater-Kinney...no wonder why Eddie LOVES these girls SO much!! :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    you know, I am, oh wait, WAS listening to that song a while ago, now it is on "The Last Song." (yes I have a S~K playlist on my iTunes :D)

I HIGHLY recommend getting ALL their albums, you DO see an evolution of Sleater-Kinney...no wonder why Eddie LOVES these girls SO much!! :)
    All great bands show an evolutionary trend....Led Zeppelin and the Beatles come to mind first. Some times bands evolve away from their core fan group, see Metallica. Yes, Sleater-Kinney shows a distinct evolutionary trend. If a band does not evolve, they run the risk of going musically extinct.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    All great bands show an evolutionary trend....Led Zeppelin and the Beatles come to mind first. So times bands evolve away from their core fan group, see Metallica. Yes, Sleater-Kinney shows a distinct evolutionary trend. If a band does not evolve, they run the risk of going musically extinct.

Yeah I TOTALLY agree w/you on that one! ;)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    <~~ blastin Entertain

These drums!!! WOOOOO!!!! :D Janet ROCKS SO HARD! :D

I also looove the break down at the end of this song "(Dont drag me down,
    I'm not falling down)". Incredible! The Woods has so many layers...so many songs sound like they just tranform into completely different songs halfway through...and just when you think that's the case the girls bring back the original song and tie it all together. Amazing! Such kick ass jams and break downs on this album. They really are just getting better and better if ya ask me. :D

Entertain sure is rockin & catchy as hell!

Awww and check out this cuteness that RiotAct10 posted. It just makes my heart swell :o:)....

http://www.sleater-kinney.com/images/photos/28.jpg
    http://www.sleater-kinney.com/images/photos/29.jpg
    http://www.sleater-kinney.com/images/photos/43.jpg
    http://www.sleater-kinney.com/images/photos/44.jpg

*ignores all the ~SK~ hatred on the Porch* ;)

{{Much love for these SUPER rockin girls}}

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    moloko21moloko21 Posts: 114
    Ah yes, this is more like it.

Fuck the haters.
    "no, i can't give you full credit, but i'm not gonna flunk you either. you're all getting incompletes."
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    <~~ blastin Entertain

These drums!!! WOOOOO!!!! :D Janet ROCKS SO HARD! :D

I also looove the break down at the end of this song "(Dont drag me down,
    I'm not falling down)". Incredible! The Woods has so many layers...so many songs sound like they just tranform into completely different songs halfway through...and just when you think that's the case the girls bring back the original song and tie it all together. Amazing! Such kick ass jams and break downs on this album. They really are just getting better and better if ya ask me. :D

Entertain sure is rockin & catchy as hell!

Awww and check out this cuteness that RiotAct10 posted. It just makes my heart swell :o:)....

http://www.sleater-kinney.com/images/photos/28.jpg
    http://www.sleater-kinney.com/images/photos/29.jpg
    http://www.sleater-kinney.com/images/photos/43.jpg
    http://www.sleater-kinney.com/images/photos/44.jpg

*ignores all the ~SK~ hatred on the Porch* ;)

{{Much love for these SUPER rockin girls}}

OH yeah I 2nd that!! What is up w/that?! there are like 3 S~K hated threads on the Porch...oh whatever :rolleyes:

And those pics kick ASS!! Corin and Eddie look TOO adorable!! And Entertain, that song, SHIT, when I first heard it, it gave me goosebumps b/c of the way Carrie sang it. Pure emotion!! Gotta love those girls!!:)

they can SO kick all the haters asses!!;)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    I just went on Sleater-kinney.net and our little Carrie is ill, so they had to cancel their European tour b/c her doctors advised her not to travel...GET WELL CARRIE!!

We love you girl!!:)

<~~~listening to my "WOMEN WHO ROCK!" playlist on my itunes, and Wilderness just came on...this song kicks ASS!! I swear, by their lyrics, they are SO in love with California :D
    This song, is one of my favorites off of their new album, this one, Entertain, Modern Girl, Night Lights, and What's Mine Is Yours are the highlights for me. KEEP ON ROCKIN' GIRLS!! :D:D:D

~WILDERNESS~
    Kenny and Linda on the way to Chelan
    transmission’s shot, no back up plan
    will they hitch a ride?
    or get into a fight?

moved to the West Coast
    packed up their things
    the winters are gray
    now so are the dreams
    they tried, to make it all right

all our little wishes have run dry
    made it to the water, waded in the lies
    when we felt the heat
    couldn’t turn it into fire
    too caught up in our own desires

said “I Do” in the month of May
    said “I Don’t” just the very next day
    will they try again?
    or is it doom for them?

moved to a city
    where hippies run wild
    everything’s white
    now so are the smiles
    they tried, to fight the good fight

when we felt the heat

we’re split right in half
    it’s making me crazy
    a two-headed brat
    tied to the other for life

a family feud
    the Red and the Blue now
    it’s Truth against Truth
    I’ll see you in hell, I don’t mind

when we felt the heat
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    We finally got some films developed...

and we found one picture we took of Carrie and Janet on the street in London.

:D

Hubby only took one picture cuz they knew a picture was being taken so we stopped in respond to their body language.

Here you go:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/merich/Pearl%20Jam%202005/sleater-kinneyinLondon.jpg
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    That was pretty close to Rockwaters wasn't it. Great shot!

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    That was pretty close to Rockwaters wasn't it. Great shot!

PBM

Yeah, I think so. :)

It was only two blocks down from the hotel we were staying at... I wonder if they stayed there, too! Darn.

Thanks, PBM. :D

Too bad we didn't take more pictures...especially up close! They didn't seem comfortable with that so we didn't.... ahhh.

I would have never noticed them if Bobby hadn't pointed them out half a block away!

I don't know how he does that.... he pays attention, I guess. hehe
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    IamMine wrote:
    We finally got some films developed...

and we found one picture we took of Carrie and Janet on the street in London.

:D

Hubby only took one picture cuz they knew a picture was being taken so we stopped in respond to their body language.

Here you go:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/merich/Pearl%20Jam%202005/sleater-kinneyinLondon.jpg
    Did you attempt to meet them?
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    Did you attempt to meet them?

There's a story here somewhere.... :D

Yes we had met Carrie the day before in Kitchener and chatted with her for about 15 minutes in a record store.

Carrie got us in the Detroit show for free... and we got to chat with her after the show as well. :D

She remembered us...that was cool. :)

Janet is really funny! She sniffed on my marker (it was really thick) and acted "high". Hilarious.

Corin is just...beautiful! Way more than in the pictures. I can't believe how good she looks after having a kid.... :p

I told them they better come back to Detroit and they said they would next year. :D
    ~Q Magazine