Options

~Sleater-Kinney~

Comments

• Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    i still don't understand all the venom towards SK, they are awesome, i mean there really have been only 4 bands that have blown me away live: bowie, PJ, SK and the killers.

and janet fucking rules, period.

RIGHT ON GIRL!! :D This band TOTALLY blew me away at the San Antonio show in 2003. I was impressed...i mean, 3 female musicians just playing music...NO lights, no fire, it was just them and their music...and that is what won me over :cool:

Lydia, i agree. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but also, why the hate guys, I just don't understand, just b/c they are singing w/their favorite band on stage, that gives you a right to say crap about them? Whatever happened to respect?!

anyoot!

GREAT songs btw, I LOVE Turn It On..such a dancing song!! Here is another one:

Good Things
    Album: Call The Doctor

Got this feeling
    When I heard your name the other day
    Couldn’t say it
    Couldn’t make it go away
    It’s a hard place
    Can’t be friends we can’t be enemies
    It’s just too much
    I feel the weight crushing down on my face

The hardest part is things already said
    Getting better worse I cannot tell
    Why do good things never wanna stay
    Some things you lose some things you give away

Broken pieces
    Try and make it good again
    Is it worth it?
    Will it make me safe today?
    It’s a dumb song
    but i’ll write it anyway
    It’s an old mistake
    but we always make it why do we

This time it’ll be alright
    This time it’ll be okay
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    it's fine not to like SK, i understand they might not appeal to everyone but to bitch about it every five minutes is unnecessary because you know it could be worse ;)

and i think they definitely deserve respect because it's just them and the music onstage, you don't get any fluff.
    'sometimes i have everything, yet i wish i felt something'
  • Options
    They are fucking great!! I love them !!
    Let me sleep all night in your soul kitchen....... Learn to forget....... fingers weive quick minarets speak in secret alphabet.
  • Options
    it's fine not to like SK, i understand they might not appeal to everyone but to bitch about it every five minutes is unnecessary because you know it could be worse ;)

and i think they definitely deserve respect because it's just them and the music onstage, you don't get any fluff.

AMEN(T) to that girl!! :D:D:D I take it you seen them on their own tour?! they kick MAJOR ASS!! Hell, I am SO proud to be a Sleater-kinney fan, that I put up my S~K poster I got from the Filmore in my apt :cool:

and Janet, is one of the reasons why I want to pick up the drums again :)
    indiffgrl wrote:
    They are fucking great!! I love them !!

OH yeah, they are BEYOND great, they are extraoridary!! :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    GIVE IT UP to my girls!!

I can't believe it was S~K night or something in OTTAWA!!

harvest Moon, leaving Here, and RITFW w/the girls?! :eek: OMG, I SO wished I was at that show!! (I was almost going to go, but my friend decided he was going to go afterall:() Those girls seriously kick SO much ass!! And Pearl Jam did a Modern Girl tag for Not For You?! Two of my favorite songs, COMBINED!! SO envious Ottawa!! :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    AGREED NADI!!! OTTAWA was oot of control enough as is, but if you are a SK fan then it seriously was just flat out OVERLOAD!!!! JESUS! Harvest Moon, Leaving Here AND RITFW all with SK?!!? AHHH!! *explodes* And yeah, I am dying to hear that Modern Girl tag!! Sweet lord! :eek:

I just wanna give the girls MAD props for what they add to Harvest Moon! It sounds absolutely beeeeauitful. :D:o

THESE CHICKS KICK ASS & I loooooooove how much PJ loooooooves em. :) If it weren't for Eddie's major lovin I may not be the fan I am today....so (once again) THANK YOU PEARL JAM for spreading the spotlight on one kick ass band! :D
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    viggs20viggs20 Posts: 1,296
    Listened to The Hot Rock tonight...

And when the body finally starts to let go
    let it all go at once
    not peice by peice,
    but like a whole bucket of stars
    dumped into the universe
    Whoooh! Watcb it go!
    Good-bye small hands, good-bye small heart
    good-bye small head
    My soul is climbing tree trunks
    and swinging from every branch

They're calling on me,
    they're calling on me...

Do you think I'm an animal?
    Am I not?
    Do you like fur
    Do you wanna come over
    Are we captive only for a short time
    Is there splendor, I'm not ashamed
    Desire shoots through me
    like birds singing
    (The way you move no ocean's waves were ever as fluid)

They're calling on me,
    they're calling on me...

I hit the mark!
    I target moon, I target sky, I target sun.
    Fall down on the world before it falls on you.

Like beggars, like Stars,
    like whores, us all
    Like beggars, like dogs
    Like Stars, us all

Shoot straight for my heart
    (And when you were near no sky was ever quite so clear)

Like stars, so small
    Like us, when we fall
    Like beggars, like whores
    Like lovers, Get Up!
    Get up...too far.

Get Up.
    "Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin & Hobbes.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate
  • Options
    GREAT song Viggs20...I was thinking of that song while I was walking to work...just love their ode to Sonic Youth in that song, in their style.:)

and thanks Lydia for letting me listen to Harvest Moon by the girls...how can people say they ruin songs w/PJ on stage?! You guys are INSANE! And they CAN sing, just maybe not in the style you guys are used to:)

LOVE this part:
    Like stars, so small
    Like us, when we fall
    Like beggars, like whores
    Like lovers, Get Up!
    Get up...too far.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    AMEN(T) to that girl!! :D:D:D I take it you seen them on their own tour?! they kick MAJOR ASS!! Hell, I am SO proud to be a Sleater-kinney fan, that I put up my S~K poster I got from the Filmore in my apt :cool:

and Janet, is one of the reasons why I want to pick up the drums again :)

OH yeah, they are BEYOND great, they are extraoridary!! :)

nah i missed SK on their tour this year but i saw them open for PJ twice at MSG and PNC, both times they were amazing. and MSG was the first time i ever saw SK and I like how they just bring it, straight up rock and roll, no fancy schmansy lights or whatever.
    'sometimes i have everything, yet i wish i felt something'
  • Options
    letsongsprotestletsongsprotest Novi, MI Posts: 548
    I finally sat and watched their set in Hamilton and damn they kicked ass. I couldnt stop watching Carrie, she owns the stage!!! Yet another band that PJ has turned me on to. .............It was cool during their set in Hamilton, Matt was rockin out to them on the side of the stage for pretty much the whole set, and Mike and Ed were watching for a bit too.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    They are wonderful!! I love them!!
    Let me sleep all night in your soul kitchen....... Learn to forget....... fingers weive quick minarets speak in secret alphabet.
  • Options
    I finally sat and watched their set in Hamilton and damn they kicked ass. I couldnt stop watching Carrie, she owns the stage!!! Yet another band that PJ has turned me on to. .............It was cool during their set in Hamilton, Matt was rockin out to them on the side of the stage for pretty much the whole set, and Mike and Ed were watching for a bit too.

AWWW that is TOO cool!! I am glad that you watched them and listened w/an open ear :D Yep...Carrie is always fun to look at, w/her high kicks and jumping around the stage, you can SO tell that these girls are having such a great time!!

At the San Antonio 2003 show, I went to, Matt joined the girls during one of their songs and played tamborine. It was just TOO cute!! Then Matt and Stone were watching from the right side of the stage during their set...those boys LOVE these girls!!:)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    YES THANK YOU! CARRIE IS THE SHIT!! Looooove her little kicks! :D Yeah totally Nadia, they are ALL having such fun up there. I love that. They have such a great vibe.

<~~~ listening to HARVEST MOON from Montreal and can't stop :o

*does hula dance*

Seriously, how amazing does this sound??? Eddie and the girls sound perfect together. Jesus! See, while some can't stand Corin's voice...I've never been a huge fan of Neil's (I know, I know :rolleyes: )...totally repect the man as a musician but never been huge on the voice. I've always thought this song was absolutely gorgeous though...and now there's THIS version..with ED AND THE GIRLS!!! It's straight up heaven. I LOVE IT & can't get enough!!!!!!! And the lucky bastards got it again tonight!

Also wanna say how I love Ed for doing a increase of pre-sets when SK opens for them. :) He wants to make sure people get there early! Awww! I love the love! :)

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    I agree Lydia, that verison of Harvest Moon is absolutely GORIGOUS :D:D

PJ + SK=PRETTIFUL music together! :D:D

I am SO tempted to put this on the Negative Sleater-Kinney threads, but I will constrain myself b/c I am nice like that! ;)

I LOVE it how they asked Stone about playing w/S~K:

And what about jamming with Sleater-Kinney, the smart, gritty guitar band that's opening tonight's concert?

"I don't think that we can help ourselves but to do that," Gossard said.

AWWWW that is why Stone kicks ASS!! :cool:
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    And what about jamming with Sleater-Kinney, the smart, gritty guitar band that's opening tonight's concert?

"I don't think that we can help ourselves but to do that," Gossard said.

Aww I know! I LOVE THAT! :D

Oooooh, and can't forget yet another reason why OTTAWA people were blessed beyond belief...they got to see SK do MOTHER with Mikey!!! AHHH!! *explodes*

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Aww I know! I LOVE THAT! :D

Oooooh, and can't forget yet another reason why OTTAWA people were blessed beyond belief...they got to see SK do MOTHER with Mikey!!! AHHH!! *explodes*
    Oh My God......they already did a kick-ass version of that song without any help, but have the one, the only McCready join them.........wow!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I just picked up Dig Me Out yesterday. It is my second SK album ( i have the woods also) So far I am enjoying it. Not as much as The Woods though.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    I just picked up Dig Me Out yesterday. It is my second SK album ( i have the woods also) So far I am enjoying it. Not as much as The Woods though.

Awesome!!!! :D Dig me Out is my fav album. :)

tyburd, I know huh!??! :eek: Again, the lukcy bastards!

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    Speaking of Dig Me Out....loved in 2003 @ the Denver show when Ed tagged "Dig me Out" onto Porch!!!! God damn did that work brilliantly. :D

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    seeing PJ and the girls do Harvest Moon and then RITFW togethor was awesome. Especially Harvest Moon, absolutely perfect! I picked up The Woods over the weekend, and thats all I'm jamming right now.

Props to these ladies, they kick ass!!
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    tyburd, I know huh!??! :eek: Again, the lukcy bastards!
    My fingers are crossed for something sweet like this to happen in Halifax!!!!!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    I know that S-K has been ask to play Bridge School before, and said it would be tough breaking their music down, but I hope the decide to give it a go. acoustic punk works for me, lol

been listening to some of my old s-k concert boots, and Corin's voice is always brilliant, 96, 97, 98, 99, and up to now.

I do wish they would play a little longer and bust out more of their pre 97 stuff though.
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    They did a song both nights I saw them that I cannot find on either of the albums (woods and one beat) that goes "my whole life is jsut a picture of a sunny day"
    Maybe I missed it, but that song is really good (like the rest of them), any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    smithnic wrote:
    They did a song both nights I saw them that I cannot find on either of the albums (woods and one beat) that goes "my whole life is jsut a picture of a sunny day"
    Maybe I missed it, but that song is really good (like the rest of them), any help would be greatly appreciated.
    That's "Modern Girl" from "The Woods"....it can be hard to understand under the distortion.
  • Options
    smithnic wrote:
    its Modern Girl off of The Woods............awesome tune
  • Options
    smithnic wrote:

I'm pretty sure that's Modern Girl from The Woods, track 5
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    Awww my little Carrie bear on "Modern Girl"! That little chick kicks SO much ASS!! I love her voice in that song:)

<~~~listening to "Jumpers" after having a STRESSFUL day all around, this song relieves a lot of stress...DAMN Janet!! Those drums, trying to follow her is very hard! :D

<~~~~ooo, now listening to "You Ain't It" <---another KICK ASS song!! These girls are too much for me! haha. I can't believe they did MOTHER w/Mikey!! that is TOO much OVERLOAD!! :eek: DAMN U OTTAWA!! :mad:
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    <~~~Just heard a live verison of Mother from S~K with the members of Pearl Jam....pretty amazing how Corin can REALLY sing and how that song suites her voice!!!:)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    does anyone know the set from the philly show? cause the one song carrie (is that her name?) starts playing pretty much just noise. i cant remember if it was a few songs before or a few after modern girl. thats the only song title i know cause eddie tagged it. anyways they are kinda growing on me though i still cant stand corwin (thats her name right?) much.
  • Options
    I've been listening to What's Yours is Mine here lately.

PBM

YES!! When I first heard The Woods this one really stood out to me & now I am just completey in love!! This song is AMAZING!! Ooooh man, and that breakdown?! :eek: These sounds??! All distorted and bluesy! Holy !@#$#$! I know it's a bold statement that some would want to kill me over, but totally reminding me of a live Hendrix jam. Looove it! Mmm mmm good. Looove how they ooze back into the song too. And JANET at the end?? :eek: Whooooooooa.

Damn these chicks can fuckin shred! \m/ :D

*dances away to......

ºº~WHAT'S MINE IS YOURS~ºº

Sit down, honey, let's kill some time.
    Rest you head on this heart of mine
    Tell me, honey, cause you look so blue
    Just how did they, did they get to you?
    If it's all a waste of time
    I'm gonna spent it
    Yours and mine.

Someone's in the kitchen
    Cooking hearts over the stove
    Don't lie to me, never say goodbye to me
    I don't want to be here alone
    Someone's at the front door
    Selling Band-Aids for our sores
    You can bleed it, as long as they don't see it
    We're not going to be ignored

Come on darling, let's hang around
    Let's wreck their precious, their perfect town.
    If it's all a dirty shame,
    I'm gonna do it night and day

Did you ever get the feeling
    That you don't belong
    Said the teacher in the classroom
    I think there's something wrong
    But your desks are too heavy
    And your walls are too white
    Your rules are all wrong
    And it's either run or fight
    I'm still running
    I'm still running