Options

~Sleater-Kinney~

Comments

• Options
    FUCK!!!

S-K are playing Ireland's Temple Bar Music Centre on August 30th. Strictly over 18's.

I am 18 on September 28th!!!!!!!

FUCK!!!
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    VictoryGinVictoryGin Posts: 1,218
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    Congrats VictoryGin for getting tixs to the show...I know for sure you will enjoy them. Is this your first time seeing them?
    ~*~*~
    mongoloid-I went to the Filmore show last year, and man, I can't describe how awesome and amazing these girls where. I was at the front of the stage, on Janet's side, shit, that girl is unstoppable. She played drums for the opening band, Quasi, w/her ex-husband, and then several minutes later, she was still drumming for Sleater-Kinney, I don't know how that girl had the energy! She rocks in my book! The Warfield is a nice venue, but the only downfall is that you won't get a poster like at the Fillmore.:) Have fun at the show, shit, times like these, I wished I still live in CA, but i'll be there soon :D
    ~*~*
    My favorite Sleater-Kinney songs are:
    Anyonmous
    I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone
    Male Model
    Little Babies
    Oxygen
    Combat Rock
    One Beat
    Oh!

wow, sorry- very late response. oddly enough this will be my first show! i missed them on the One Beat tour and saw every other band except s-k open for PJ last tour. I'm so fricken excited! Like someone else said, they make me as excited about music as PJ does. I can't stop listening to them!

I see there are a few going to Roseland :D!

I love The Woods- I've been streaming it. I may have to wait for the cd because I'm not sure when I can hit the store. I think I'll have to order it online. I can't wait to see the packaging.
    if you wanna be a friend of mine
    cross the river to the eastside
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    the packaging is great!! I was tempted to get it, but I had to remind myself that I am moving to CA, so I can't add more shit to my stuff...but i'll get it soon! i heard it is rockin'!! :D

Someone on the Sleater-Kinney ms board found the setlist to the SA show,when they opened up for PJ, i was SO glad that I got it!! now all I need is the San Francisco set from night 2 last year:)

Oxygen
    Far Away
    Combat Rock
    YNRNRF
    Dig Me Out
    Step Aside
    Combat Rock
    I wanna be your Joey Ramone
    End of You
    Oh!
    One Beat
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    StellyStelly Posts: 170
    Just bought my ticket to go see them in Cleveland in two weeks. I'm so fired up...
    8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
  • Options
    SWEET Stelly!! I know you will have an awesome time!!:)

I missed the San Francisco show, but I am thinking about seeing them when they do Austin City Limits in Sept. let's hope they have tixs for whatever day they are playing on.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    for those of you who have the new album, what is on the dvd? I really want to know b/c I went to best buy and it didn't have the dvd.:(
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    for those of you who have the new album, what is on the dvd? I really want to know b/c I went to best buy and it didn't have the dvd.:(

the DVD has a performance of a couple live songs, "the fox" is one and another 2 that I can't remember right now and I think there is an interview too.
    'sometimes i have everything, yet i wish i felt something'
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    THE Women of Rock kicked ass Monday night at the Catalyst. My friend Alissa, who is a diehard S-K fan, wasn't to enthused by the new songs, but as usual, went balistic during the old ones.

Carrie, Corin, and Janet signed all the posters that were for sale, only $10. Janet acually delivered a stack of newly signed posters while I was purchasing mine, and I got the first one of the stack as I told her how much I enjoyed the new album. Corin's voice sounded better than ever live.

Carrie is a FREAK on guitar, I am so impressed. Let's Call It Love/Night Light ended up being about 17 or 18 minutes straight when done, then they went into two other songs without stopping. Oh, and let's not forget Janet on drums, my arms felt like falling off from just watching her pound the sticks by the end of the night.

Had a great time
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    That is awesome scott!! Glad you had fun!! :D I so wanted to see them on tour, but unforunately, they hit CA b/f I could head back. Awww I SO want to meet the girls, but totally rad that you saw and met them...and I agree, Janet is one KICK ASS drummer!!! I want to grow up to be like her!! :D

Cornflakegrl98-thanks for the info.:)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    I just bought the Woods w/the DVD and I don't know what else to say, but this album is the SHIT!!! It is the best album I have heard in a while. From beginning to end, this album is a rocker and a total departure for Sleater-Kinney.:)

The girls outdid themselves, by giving us great songs one right after another. I especially like the Jumper and Modern Girl. The girls of Sleater-Kinney know how to rock and KICK ASS at the same time:) I HIGHLY recommend picking this album up, you won't be disappointed. now I know why Eddie blew out his speakers listening to The Woods :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,726
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    I HIGHLY recommend picking this album up, you won't be disappointed.

well, that's not the case for me. i bought it and i don't like it. needless to say i will be getting rid of my copy. glad the rest of U enjoy it.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    PJammin' wrote:
    well, that's not the case for me. i bought it and i don't like it. needless to say i will be getting rid of my copy. glad the rest of U enjoy it.

let me guess...Corin's voice Chuck?
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,726
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    let me guess...Corin's voice Chuck?

that's part of it...but i DO love the drummer. ;)
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    PJammin' wrote:
    that's part of it...but i DO love the drummer. ;)

Janet is DA SHIT!! :D That girl can give you a work out just by looking at her. :) She makes me want to pick up my snare again :cool:
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    there has to be some Sleater-Kinney love on this board? :D

show your love for this great band:)

<--listening to "Get Up" right now :cool:
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    Corin, Carrie, and Janet are by far, great musicians, who can rock it out with the best of them. ****They proved even more that girls can rock it more than guys, in my opinion.**** .

true
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    Seeing these women open up for Pearl Jam in 2003, made me become a HUGE fan of theirs. Their show in San Francisco last year, was one of the best I've been too that year. Corin's voice can be melodic and then she can screech like a little Grace Slick. Carrie is so animated on stage, that she can't be stopped, and Janet,**** what can I say about Janet, she has given inspiration to pick up my drums again. ****.

same with me...the only time i have ever really been inspired to play more..just recently..she is awesome..just bought "all hands on the bad one"-- i love it!
  • Options
    true

same with me...the only time i have ever really been inspired to play more..just recently..she is awesome..just bought "all hands on the bad one"-- i love it!

OOOoo RIGHT ON!! :D another fan who appreciates good music :) have you heard Dig Me Out? totally mindblowing!! :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    indiffgrlindiffgrl Posts: 39
    I love Sleater-Kinney!!! They kick ass!! I hate NIN they suck balls!!
    Let me sleep all night in your soul kitchen....... Learn to forget....... fingers weive quick minarets speak in secret alphabet.
  • Options
    hsewifhsewif Posts: 444
    According to their website, the are opening for PJ in Atlantic City...both nights.
  • Options
    Since the Woods was released, I have managed to convince 7 of my friends that Sleater-Kinney rock the proverbial casbah. As far as I'm aware, that now increases their Irish fanbase to...

Damn. :)
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    viggs20viggs20 Posts: 1,296
    As much as I love The Woods it still doesn't top One Beat...that album converted me from a casual S-K fan to an absolute fanatic.
    "Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin & Hobbes.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate
  • Options
    I have been on a Sleater-Kinney high right now. Been listening to "Call the Doctor," "All Hands on the Bad One," "Dig Me Out," and "One Beat" all of their songs are SO catchy!!

and OH!, is one of the coolest love songs ever!! :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I've been listening to What's Yours is Mine here lately.

I know a lot of folks aren't fans of the ladies, but they rock out.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Their live show is electric!!! Sonic, man.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    Since the Woods was released, I have managed to convince 7 of my friends that Sleater-Kinney rock the proverbial casbah. As far as I'm aware, that now increases their Irish fanbase to...

Damn. :)

hey, not bad though...at least you are converting your friends :D Good job;)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    NothingbetterNothingbetter Wichita, KS Posts: 570
    I haven't had a chance to see them live yet, but will at Borgata. I'm looking forward to formulating my own opinion.
    Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16 ** Oklahoma City 9/20/22 ** Ft. Worth 9/15/23

EV - St. Louis 7/1/11 ** Tulsa 11/19/12
  • Options
    I haven't had a chance to see them live yet, but will at Borgata. I'm looking forward to formulating my own opinion.

I think they have great stage presence*and amazing songs. They get a bad reputation because of their stage-sharing encores with Pearl Jam.

Their songs are great. You'll be impressed.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    HUGE fan here. i've seen them live a bunch of times. they blew me away when i saw them a month or so ago. anything off the woods is ridiculous live.

i'll admit that they aren't for everyone, but i don't get the repeated bashing. i mean, you don't like them, say it once and move on...if you're going to a show where they are opening, show up a little late or just hang out far away from the stage when they are on...
  • Options
    JSBE wrote:
    HUGE fan here. i've seen them live a bunch of times. they blew me away when i saw them a month or so ago. anything off the woods is ridiculous live.

i'll admit that they aren't for everyone, but i don't get the repeated bashing. i mean, you don't like them, say it once and move on...if you're going to a show where they are opening, show up a little late or just hang out far away from the stage when they are on...

What kind of stuff did they play in concert. I admit, I am excited to see them twice this year. Are they mainly sticking to The Woods?

PBM

• Options
    JSBE wrote:

the SK bashing here is just ridiculous but you have to remember that the average PJ fan that obsesses over on the porch is still stuck in 1992 ;)
    'sometimes i have everything, yet i wish i felt something'