Options

~Sleater-Kinney~

Comments

• Options
    indiffgrlindiffgrl Posts: 39
    I love Sleater-Kinney I saw them live and they were orgasmic!!
    Let me sleep all night in your soul kitchen....... Learn to forget....... fingers weive quick minarets speak in secret alphabet.
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    indiffgrl wrote:
    I love Sleater-Kinney I saw them live and they were orgasmic!!

My sentiments EXACTLY! :D

Talk about PURE energy at their shows...and I LOVE seeing them live b/c you know you are going to get an intimate show..being like 4 ft. away from Corin and Janet was mindblowing for me.:) I hope I get to see these girls soon.:)

For you all Sleater-Kinney fans, who haven't been to a show of theirs recently, check out this live performance from Vancovuer, it does sound like they are playing a lot of material from The Woods...so check it out:D

http://www.justconcerts.com/concerts/concert.cfm?Concert_Id=374&Concert_IsLive=1
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    all this talk about SLEATER-KINNEY,just wait until you see the fu$%cking future of rock n roll, pick up some copies of EVIL POWERS,and MOTHER FU##%CKERS BE TRIPPIN, cause here come the SUPERSUCKERS!!!!!!!! yeaaa the SUPERSUCKERS opening for PEARL JAM my dreams come true !!!
    LUKIN
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,757
    the SK bashing here is just ridiculous but you have to remember that the average PJ fan that obsesses over on the porch is still stuck in 1992 ;)

nope the majority of them are in love with the Yield album meaning they're stuck in 97/98/99 back when kid rock and limp bizkit worshiped
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    BUMP for sleater-kinney!! :D

Give these girls some LOVE!!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    indiffgrlindiffgrl Posts: 39
    Sleater-kinney is fucking great!!
    Let me sleep all night in your soul kitchen....... Learn to forget....... fingers weive quick minarets speak in secret alphabet.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I just got a copy of the woods it is my first album purchase of any of their music and man it is really cool. I am impressed i did not get any of their old cd's or the new one when it came out becasue when i saw them live truthfully i thought they were okay but nothing special, but after reading so many good things about the woods.... It is really cool.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    I just got a copy of the woods it is my first album purchase of any of their music and man it is really cool. I am impressed i did not get any of their old cd's or the new one when it came out becasue when i saw them live truthfully i thought they were okay but nothing special, but after reading so many good things about the woods.... It is really cool.

hey glad you join in on the bandwagon :D The Woods is an awesome album..totally different from their previous ones. I love it SO much that I can't stop listening to it :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    I like the entire album and there are probably better songs but Jumpers is really infectious. I can't get it out of my head. I saw a video for entertain last night on my on demand station called Havoc it was pretty cool.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    intodeep wrote:
    I like the entire album and there are probably better songs but Jumpers is really infectious. I can't get it out of my head. I saw a video for entertain last night on my on demand station called Havoc it was pretty cool.
    They did a knock-out version of it on Letterman, and an even better one at the Variety Playhouse there in Hotlanta. What a road trip!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    They did a knock-out version of it on Letterman, and an even better one at the Variety Playhouse there in Hotlanta. What a road trip!

:( Don't remind me. I wanted to go but i scheduled a trip home for the 4th of july weekend and was not able to attend the show the night they played in atlanta :(
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    :( Don't remind me. I wanted to go but i scheduled a trip home for the 4th of july weekend and was not able to attend the show the night they played in atlanta :(
    It was more than worth the drive over from B'ham. We loved the venue, too.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    It was more than worth the drive over from B'ham. We loved the venue, too.

variety is very nice i've seen quite a few shows there. Since the echo lounge closed probably my favorite smaller sized venue in ATL.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    variety is very nice i've seen quite a few shows there. Since the echo lounge closed probably my favorite smaller sized venue in ATL.
    Actually, my first trip to Atlanta to see a show....been there 100s of other times, but never a concert.

We will be there for U2 and probably PJ when that tour happens. I don't see them hitting B'ham again.
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Wow, I'm so late to the S~K praise-fest. Ah well... better late than never, right? :D

Good call with starting this thread Meddle!

You know I think these chicks rock some serious ass!!! I've seen them live twice and I'm so aching for some more. They have such kick ass energy live. Last I saw them was @ The Fillmore show Meddle keeps mentioning. ;) Oooh damn, it was incredible!!!! Seeing them in an intimate setting just made it all that more kick ass too. Their vibe is so down to earth, like "we're your friends and we're just here to rock". haha. The girls were sooo into it too. I love that about them. They are all SO happy to be making music . You can really see that.

The first time I saw them live was (like many others) when they opened for PJ.... Denver 03 show. After that it was over! SOLD! haha. Seriously, they were fuckin phenomenal. The energy was out of this world. CARRIE?!?! OMG I love this chick. Her little kicks and slides across the stage?! :p And not just the theatrics, she straight up owns that guitar! She blows me away. She's just awesome as hell. And Janet?! :eek: HOLY SHIT!!! I remember at the Denver show me and my bf at the time could not take our eyes off of her. Just banging the hell away. SO much energy and passion behind those skins. Her talent is absolutely hypnotizing. And Corin? Well hey, I know many people cannot stand her voice and while I can see how it's not for everyone, I fuckin loooove it! The chick can wail something fierce. I really like the Grace Slick comparison...I can totally hear that. Her voice has such a kick to it and fits the music perfectly. She can rock it slow and controlled or just completely let loose and get kinda messy with it...which I LOVE and fully appreicate!

Overall these 3 chicks ROCK my world. So much talent and passion going on here. Thank fuck for a chick band that fully brings it! They rock harder than most. Such a unique, kick ass sound. I am SO glad Ed is such a fan of them and brought them on tour. If it weren't for that who knows, I may not have had the oppurunity and proper exposure to fall in love. So...thank you Eddie! :)

DIG ME OUT is by far my fav album. LOVE THIS ALBUM TO BITS! Probably one of my fav albums ever.

THE WOODS though!!? Wow! Beyond impressive and continues to rock me! The girls are back with a rockin vengeance. Seems like they are ALL on top of it more than ever. Again, daaamn JANET?! A-mazing work on this album. Whew! I'm so dying to hear some of these songs live. Can't wait till that day comes. :D

MUCH LOVE for S~K!

Some of my personal favs.....

One More Hour
    Turn It On
    Heart Factory
    Words & Guitar
    One Beat
    Write Me Back Fucker
    Combat Rock
    Not What You Want
    End of You
    Burn, Don't Freeze
    Night Light
    Everything
    Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone
    Jumpers
    Dig Me Out
    All Hands On The Bad One
    Little Babies
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    RAT!RAT! Posts: 115
    seen sleater kinney a couple months ago at the moore in

seattle they were fuckin great played almost all of the woods

along with a few oldies and covered danzigs mother

much love for s-k
  • Options
    RAT! wrote:
    danzigs mother
    Quite interesting
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    Quite interesting

HA! I was thinking the saaame thing. :p

The girls sure put their own spin on things. Ain't no doubt in my mind Corin screams the hell outta "MOOOTHAAA!". I'm still damn curious to hear this one.

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    intodeep wrote:
    Quite interesting
    oh yeah, they played that one in........drum roll please.....Atlanta!
    Damn, they rocked it, too.
  • Options
    <~~i'm listening to the March 16, 2005 Show they did in Austin at SXSW...oh man oh man, these girls can sure wail!! The dynamics of Carrie and Corin are wonderful...they are each other's singing mates.

i love the way Corin tunes down her guitar to make it sound like a bass, which I think makes the S-K sound rougher. And Janet, gee, I don't think enough words can express how I feel about this chick, AMAZING!! She is cool in my book, b/c for one,
    she can totally kick ASS in that band,
    2.she can sing AND play drums at the same time (note:Quasi, her other band)
    3.she auditioned by playing all the songs on Call the Doctor!!

These women can SO kick your ASS in anything!! :D sure it is a male dominated world, but these girls prove it that they can do it just as good as ANYONE can!!

VEDHEAD, I am glad you came on board to this thread;) Everything you said, is what exactly I would've said!!

I am SO interested in hearing that Danzig cover...did anyone hear their verision of Forunate Son? I think it is great!! :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    viggs20viggs20 Posts: 1,296
    This was posted on the SK website a few months back...wonder when this is coming out...Zach Hill is a phenomenal drummer :
    neumu.net wrote:
    In other Sleater-Kinney news, Weiss recorded a drums-only album (due out later this year) in January with Matt Cameron of Soundgarden/Pearl Jam fame and Hella's Zach Hill at Portland's Jackpot! Studio. "We set up three kits and improvised for a few days," Weiss wrote in the Q&A portion of the band's site. "We hadn't practiced together, and had no set ideas as to what the record would end up sounding like. We sat down and played what we felt during those particular moments together.

"It was exciting to work in such an improvisational atmosphere, and absolutely thrilling to rock with two guys who push our instrument's capabilities far beyond the established boundaries," Weiss continued. "The three of us ripped it up!" — Jenny Tatone [Tuesday, April 6, 2004]
    "Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin & Hobbes.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate
  • Options
    viggs20 wrote:
    This was posted on the SK website a few months back...wonder when this is coming out...Zach Hill is a phenomenal drummer :

oh man that sounds KICK ASS!! I hope they release it soon!! Janet, Matt and Zach, i'm sure it will be AMAZING!!! :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    Oh wow, that all drums album DOES sound amazing!!!

"The three of us ripped it up!"

LOL! Yes! Love it. :D

<~~~~ listening to {{White Rabbit}} cover

How in the world could I forget to mention this on my fav list? :eek:
    This cover is incredible! The girls have this one doooown. Love that intro bass!!! And the vocals are sooo dead on. It's definitely like Corin was just made to cover this song. What an excellent choice! When she belts out the ending...."FEEEEED YOOOOOUR HEEEEAD" Abso-fuckin-lutely awesome!!! :D

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    <~~i'm listening to the March 16, 2005 Show they did in Austin at SXSW...

i'm curious where you got a copy of this show from? i've love to have some lives shows of them.
  • Options
    i'm curious where you got a copy of this show from? i've love to have some lives shows of them.

i got mine through soulseek :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    oh yeah, they played that one in........drum roll please.....Atlanta!
    Damn, they rocked it, too.

Your killing me :(
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    What album is Write me back Fucker on?

Need to import it into my iPod.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Sleater kinney are featured in the music section of this weeks TIME magazine and they are praised as the best band of the last decade, well congratulations!!!
  • Options
    viggs20viggs20 Posts: 1,296
    What album is Write me back Fucker on?

Need to import it into my iPod.

PBM
    Its a compilation called "Moving into the VilliVallakula" or something like that. There is an awesome cover of More than a feeling also.
    "Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin & Hobbes.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    viggs20 wrote:
    Its a compilation called "Moving into the VilliVallakula" or something like that. There is an awesome cover of More than a feeling also.

Thank you kindly.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org